Consumer Reviews of DUCANE central air conditioners

Read more about DUCANE central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-05-01 Name: Ron Williams
Location: Fullerton, CA

Purchased a Ducane 4 ton condenser 13 seer the first of April 2008 from a licensed contractor. This was replacing a 13-year-old condenser that was still working but cost an arm/leg to run. It was unusually warm the second week in April so we fired it up. It would not even cool our 1800 square foot home down to 79 degrees and ran all day. Called out the contractor who came out and said it was low on Freon. Thought problem was resolved until the 4th weekend in April it was over 100 degrees so we fired it up again. This time it made a very funny sound like a tea pot gaining pressure then releasing then repeating this whistle type noise all day and the house would not cool off stayed at 82 degrees. Called out contractor and now he is saying it is a bad condenser.. Waiting to see what happens next. This is really a shame to make such a big purchase and have something like this happen so soon(within 3 weeks). Makes you think that maybe there is a large company in the USA trying to scam the consumer with inferior products.

Date created: 2008-01-08 Name: Hopefully optimistic
Location: Oregon

I had a Ducane installed in 2000. Only had 2 problems: We moved into the house in Dec. and so the contractor had to come out in the summer and add freon, and our thermostat quit turning the air conditioner on. No problems with the 3 ton unit.

Date created: 2007-08-19 Name: Bryan Sigmund
Location: south jersey

I have been a contractor in the Nj area for quite some tie now. I only offer Ducane because I beleive in the technology they use. most systems try to stay state of the art and get lost in warrenty claims because new technology is never flawless. I want to say for the most part that the reviews given on this website are the result of poor service, I only wish this trade wasnt flooded with companies that ( regardless of how big they are ) dont back up there work. My only message is shame on them.... good luck everybody. sorry for your troubles. Bryan sigmund

Date created: 2007-05-30 Name: Terri Williams
Location: Louisville, Ky

We choose the Ducane unit over Janitrol when remodeling our restaurant thinking it would be a better unit for a commercial building. After one summer (June 2005 purchase date)when the unit was turn on for this season, had burned a condeser fan motor. The customer service stated that this is not under warranty. One season of use does not seem to much use considering the cost of the unit. You may want to consider warranting item such as this for small businesses it could get expensive replacing something like this every year. The cost of the replacement of this part was $390.00 plus labor charges of 180.00. This does not seem fair when this company claims to be so good. The model is a 64L29