Consumer Reviews of DUCANE central air conditioners

Read more about DUCANE central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: TIM DENNIS

"Ducane 3 ton central heat/air"
Have had this unit only 3 years and already replaced the following..(3) control boards, motor, (3) condensors, (1) heating strip, Had to charge twice and now the coil leaks. I have several rental properties and this is the first time I have used ducane/lennox. do not buy this product! It is nothing but problems and the company will not return calls and do not care! Even though parts are covered for 5 years, I have spent almost $1500 in service calls. The system has gone out again today after it was repaired yesterday. I wii have to buy my tenants a new unit...bu it will not be a ducane!

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: J. Emmi

"Owener/ Service Tech."
92% Furnace/13seer a/c system, Have always work great, I'm a Commercial hvac service tech and install Ducane equipment on the side, after reading the comments on this site I felt compelled to reply. "good service" is the name of the game, all the problems that were listed so far are service/installation related. Do your homework, ask the dealer for referances, ask your neighbors, In 8 years I've never had a repair/service call for any of my own installs. Also Commercial Equipment isn't warrantied the same as residential. If you don't get good service from the install company, don't wait around, keep looking were out there. Good Luck

Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: Brad Besheres
Location: Manchester, Tennessee

"Homeowner"
Would not recommend Ducane to any individual!! Have had it less than 3 yrs. Has leak in coil and cannot hold freon! Electric bills are over $400 a month! Poor craftsmanship!! So very dissatisified!!

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Faye Hyatt
Location: Dillon, SC

"ducane central air"
The unit has been torn up all 3 winters. It freezes up with no heat off and on for 3 years. I can't get it fixed.

Date created: 2008-09-16 Name: Dee
Location: Georgia

"FEELING HOT! HOT! HOT!"
Called the company to get a part replace under manufacture warranty.....still waiting. 1 month w/o A/C and I'm in GA.

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: Amanda Joaquim
Location: Arkansas

"Amanda Joaquim"
We have had trouble from the start. I have had the techs out 8 times in 2yrs. We have had to replace carpet, and a bed due to water damage. Now the same thing is happening all over again. New carpet will have to be put in. The techs are here, the coil is bad along with the unit. Heat is ok (That’s great, But it is 98 here today)I would never let any family or friend buy a Ducane.

Date created: 2008-06-26 Name: Tee Boyd
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Tee Boyd"
In the three years we have had this piece of crap A/C and furnace we have had four service calls on it. Living in the AZ desert we have been 2 weeks with out air in August, our rainy season that runs in the 90's and 100's with high humidity. We were without heat in Jan. not too bad here with average temps in the 50's but still not acceptable, when we turned it on for this season a couple of months ago it was out of freon and again yesterday it is down. We can't get the guys that sold us this junker out for 4 more days which means another week with out A/C in the 106'S. Nice…. I want to throw this useless piece of junk out but I am stuck with it. I will never recommend Ducane or Dewoody A/C service to any one in Tucson or the world.

Date created: 2008-06-17 Name: K. Reididnger
Location: Belvedere, IL

"Mr. K. Reididnger"
Installed new 80% variable speed furnace and 13 S.E.E.R. Air conditioner. Could not be happeier. looked at 14 S.E.er. and 15 also but my savings here in illinois over 5 years was only $80.00 when you compared 13 seer to 14 seer. So that related to only $16.00 per year savings for 14seer over 13seer. Cost difference between 13 and 14 seer I would never re-coup my money. Looks like anything above 13 S.E.E.R. should not even be offered in Illinois

Date created: 2008-05-01 Name: Ron Williams
Location: Fullerton, CA

Purchased a Ducane 4 ton condenser 13 seer the first of April 2008 from a licensed contractor. This was replacing a 13-year-old condenser that was still working but cost an arm/leg to run. It was unusually warm the second week in April so we fired it up. It would not even cool our 1800 square foot home down to 79 degrees and ran all day. Called out the contractor who came out and said it was low on Freon. Thought problem was resolved until the 4th weekend in April it was over 100 degrees so we fired it up again. This time it made a very funny sound like a tea pot gaining pressure then releasing then repeating this whistle type noise all day and the house would not cool off stayed at 82 degrees. Called out contractor and now he is saying it is a bad condenser.. Waiting to see what happens next. This is really a shame to make such a big purchase and have something like this happen so soon(within 3 weeks). Makes you think that maybe there is a large company in the USA trying to scam the consumer with inferior products.

Date created: 2008-01-08 Name: Hopefully optimistic
Location: Oregon

I had a Ducane installed in 2000. Only had 2 problems: We moved into the house in Dec. and so the contractor had to come out in the summer and add freon, and our thermostat quit turning the air conditioner on. No problems with the 3 ton unit.