Consumer Reviews of DUCANE central air conditioners

Read more about DUCANE central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-11 Name: Jason
Location: Whitestone, Queens

"Dont bother"
I had an old unit which I was able to freeze meat in my living room, that's how cold it got. It was old so I was talked to buying a new one from a company in my neighborhood in Whitestone, Queens. Guy seemed honest. Replaced it with a Ducane, and I asked will this do the same job as my old one. He swore up and down, Oh yes, Ducane is one of the best. Needless to say, called him several times back and forth. He checked it out and gave me excuses. It is a piece of crap. Had him back every year to check it out again, and how about he charges me and charged me 120 dollars to level a thermostat. This year, I will buy a new one. It's a shame, only 3 years old and it's going in the garbage.

Date created: 2009-06-29 Name: steve

"Crap"
Never again. Service tech was here 4 times last summer. Still didn't work right. This summer house will not get below 80 even though set at 72. New tech comes today and says compresser is bad. Never , Never buy this crap people, must be made in Baghdad.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: John

"Ducane Review"
I would not recommend a Ducane to my worst enemy. We have a package unit. We had problems from the very start. Installed new on first winter, two weeks later, no heat. That was the last "heat" related problem I had. Most of the problems are with the a/C. That first spring, freon leak. Every spring/summer thereafter we had it serviced to due something breaking. Cannot hold freon. Forced to buy a new unit this summer as we cannot continue to patch this Ducane every year. Also, not efficient.

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: TIM DENNIS

"Ducane 3 ton central heat/air"
Have had this unit only 3 years and already replaced the following..(3) control boards, motor, (3) condensors, (1) heating strip, Had to charge twice and now the coil leaks. I have several rental properties and this is the first time I have used ducane/lennox. do not buy this product! It is nothing but problems and the company will not return calls and do not care! Even though parts are covered for 5 years, I have spent almost $1500 in service calls. The system has gone out again today after it was repaired yesterday. I wii have to buy my tenants a new unit...bu it will not be a ducane!

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: J. Emmi

"Owener/ Service Tech."
92% Furnace/13seer a/c system, Have always work great, I'm a Commercial hvac service tech and install Ducane equipment on the side, after reading the comments on this site I felt compelled to reply. "good service" is the name of the game, all the problems that were listed so far are service/installation related. Do your homework, ask the dealer for referances, ask your neighbors, In 8 years I've never had a repair/service call for any of my own installs. Also Commercial Equipment isn't warrantied the same as residential. If you don't get good service from the install company, don't wait around, keep looking were out there. Good Luck

Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: Brad Besheres
Location: Manchester, Tennessee

"Homeowner"
Would not recommend Ducane to any individual!! Have had it less than 3 yrs. Has leak in coil and cannot hold freon! Electric bills are over $400 a month! Poor craftsmanship!! So very dissatisified!!

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Faye Hyatt
Location: Dillon, SC

"ducane central air"
The unit has been torn up all 3 winters. It freezes up with no heat off and on for 3 years. I can't get it fixed.

Date created: 2008-09-16 Name: Dee
Location: Georgia

"FEELING HOT! HOT! HOT!"
Called the company to get a part replace under manufacture warranty.....still waiting. 1 month w/o A/C and I'm in GA.

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: Amanda Joaquim
Location: Arkansas

"Amanda Joaquim"
We have had trouble from the start. I have had the techs out 8 times in 2yrs. We have had to replace carpet, and a bed due to water damage. Now the same thing is happening all over again. New carpet will have to be put in. The techs are here, the coil is bad along with the unit. Heat is ok (That’s great, But it is 98 here today)I would never let any family or friend buy a Ducane.

Date created: 2008-06-26 Name: Tee Boyd
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Tee Boyd"
In the three years we have had this piece of crap A/C and furnace we have had four service calls on it. Living in the AZ desert we have been 2 weeks with out air in August, our rainy season that runs in the 90's and 100's with high humidity. We were without heat in Jan. not too bad here with average temps in the 50's but still not acceptable, when we turned it on for this season a couple of months ago it was out of freon and again yesterday it is down. We can't get the guys that sold us this junker out for 4 more days which means another week with out A/C in the 106'S. Nice…. I want to throw this useless piece of junk out but I am stuck with it. I will never recommend Ducane or Dewoody A/C service to any one in Tucson or the world.