Consumer Reviews of DUCANE central air conditioners

Read more about DUCANE central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-01 Name: Joe

"Joe"
Corrosion already developing around the unit.

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: Daniel

"Come on now....."
All of these reviews lack one thing: substance!!!! Just because a part or two goes bad here or there does not justify the defamation of an entire line of equipment. Installation is the key here. If you have a shoddy co. install the unit, it will not perform as it is supposed to. As for having a 4ton Ducane in your 1800 sq ft house??? Seriously?? That would take a 3 ton, if well insulated, and a 3.5 ton if it is loose as a goose. As an installer, I do feel sorry for you, as you are yet another example of a pathetic service contractor.
Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: T. Eli

"It's hot out side"
We've only had this unit for 1 year and 7 months and our compressor has already gone out. The contractor came out and replaced it and now the 2nd one is acting up. Now the contractor won't even call me back. I have no idea what to do. I can't find my receipt and am wondering if Ducane will honor anything. Gosh, I'm layed off and can't afford to purchase a new unit.
Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Jeff J.

"Ducane WINS"
I had one issue. It was from installer incompetence. The condenser unit was miswired when placed into service. It caused my condenser fan to blow out. Otherwise, it has been awesome. DUCANE is great. 2005 and going strong. Most BAD reviews on here are from INSTALLER incompetence.
Date created: 2010-04-11 Name: Jason
Location: Whitestone, Queens

"Dont bother"
I had an old unit which I was able to freeze meat in my living room, that's how cold it got. It was old so I was talked to buying a new one from a company in my neighborhood in Whitestone, Queens. Guy seemed honest. Replaced it with a Ducane, and I asked will this do the same job as my old one. He swore up and down, Oh yes, Ducane is one of the best. Needless to say, called him several times back and forth. He checked it out and gave me excuses. It is a piece of crap. Had him back every year to check it out again, and how about he charges me and charged me 120 dollars to level a thermostat. This year, I will buy a new one. It's a shame, only 3 years old and it's going in the garbage.
Date created: 2009-06-29 Name: steve

"Crap"
Never again. Service tech was here 4 times last summer. Still didn't work right. This summer house will not get below 80 even though set at 72. New tech comes today and says compresser is bad. Never , Never buy this crap people, must be made in Baghdad.
Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: John

"Ducane Review"
I would not recommend a Ducane to my worst enemy. We have a package unit. We had problems from the very start. Installed new on first winter, two weeks later, no heat. That was the last "heat" related problem I had. Most of the problems are with the a/C. That first spring, freon leak. Every spring/summer thereafter we had it serviced to due something breaking. Cannot hold freon. Forced to buy a new unit this summer as we cannot continue to patch this Ducane every year. Also, not efficient.
Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: TIM DENNIS

"Ducane 3 ton central heat/air"
Have had this unit only 3 years and already replaced the following..(3) control boards, motor, (3) condensors, (1) heating strip, Had to charge twice and now the coil leaks. I have several rental properties and this is the first time I have used ducane/lennox. do not buy this product! It is nothing but problems and the company will not return calls and do not care! Even though parts are covered for 5 years, I have spent almost $1500 in service calls. The system has gone out again today after it was repaired yesterday. I wii have to buy my tenants a new unit...bu it will not be a ducane!
Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: J. Emmi

"Owener/ Service Tech."
92% Furnace/13seer a/c system, Have always work great, I'm a Commercial hvac service tech and install Ducane equipment on the side, after reading the comments on this site I felt compelled to reply. "good service" is the name of the game, all the problems that were listed so far are service/installation related. Do your homework, ask the dealer for referances, ask your neighbors, In 8 years I've never had a repair/service call for any of my own installs. Also Commercial Equipment isn't warrantied the same as residential. If you don't get good service from the install company, don't wait around, keep looking were out there. Good Luck
Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: Brad Besheres
Location: Manchester, Tennessee

"Homeowner"
Would not recommend Ducane to any individual!! Have had it less than 3 yrs. Has leak in coil and cannot hold freon! Electric bills are over $400 a month! Poor craftsmanship!! So very dissatisified!!