Consumer Reviews of DUCANE central air conditioners

Read more about DUCANE central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-07-08 Name: Mary Jerden
Location: Alabama

"Dissatisfied"
Had Ducane central air installed about 5 years ago. Ever since was installed, have had work on it at least 4 times a year. Unfortunately, can't afford to have this replaced. Very dissatisfied with the product.

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Wendy B
Location: Southern Cali

"Pure crap ($3,000)"
Had this installed 2 years ago. Second year it didn't perform well but I couldn't afford to call anyone out. This year, barely into its third year, tech has been out 6 times in 12 days! 1St time he fixed a leak & said he'd fixed every last one of this Brand he'd installed, bad welds on all pipe joints, fittings. It lasted one day until it leaked again. 2nd time raised leak, third time cleaned coils & fixed leak, leak fixed 6 times in total. I'm writing this as I wait for him to arrive again for the 7th time! Course the piece that keeps giving the trouble isn't covered by their warranty. I've paid several times for freon, he didn't charge me a cople of times, he feels so bad that he can't solve the problem. Its 106 here today & I just can't do this every other day, I'm asking him how much to replace it with one that actually works. What I've paid him for the constant fixes & the high electric bill trying to cool the house down, which ultimately ends up pumping hot air from outside & heating it up, it'll be wiser for me at this point to just pay the money & start over!

Date created: 2012-06-10 Name: Marisa Demaya
Location: Houston, TX

"STOPPED WORKING AFTER 1 YEAR"
This thing is the biggest piece of crap I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Nothing but trouble since it was installed--literally 1 year ago! First we went through 4 different thermostats because our looney ac guy insisted this was the problem and not the unit. What happens is it doesn't cool enough so the thermostat goes nuts trying to register the change which occurs like every minute due to this piece of crap. Then it "somehow" shorted the voltage wire to delay the fan start... and since then we've had two different technicians out to "replace" a few pounds of coolant--yet no leak and no real explanation as to why a 1 year old brand new unit runs out of freon? C'mon guys? Really? Their general explanation-- Ducane is the worst thing you can buy. And bottom line--I believe them. This thing just doesn't cool enough. It's got a teeny tiny fan compared to the unit we replaced with it. When we saw them carry that in, we had our doubts and should've turned back then. God I wish I could go back in time. I'd take the high road instead of agreeing to install this piece of garbage. Flash forward 1 year, it has stopped cooling and runs all day/night just to get a few degrees below 80!!!! In Texas, that's just plain unacceptable. The company is garbage just like the units they manufacture. Pure Garbage, all there is to it. Do not buy anything from this brand or company. That's all I can advise.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Name: Jeff
Location: An

"Buyer beware"
Biggest piece of junk. Brand new unit and has broke the 3 times last two years. Don't buy! I wish I would have saved my money and used my old unit!

Date created: 2011-08-01 Name: Greg
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Nothing but problems with this unit."
Nothing but problems with this unit. Three times had to replace freon, can't find the leak and now hot/cold metering device is bad. Runaround by company. Told us unit is 10 yrs old. It was installed in 12/06! May be with out ac for weeks. Arizona temps are in the triple digits now. Will never buy or recommend Lennox or Ducane.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: danyelgoodfellow

"NO PROBLEMS!"
Our system has worked perfectly for 11 years and the condensor fan just went out the other day. A $135 dollar fix and we are back in business. Thanks!

Date created: 2010-12-28 Name: Jim S.
Location: Williamstown, NJ

"Ac 12b30 a"
Works great since 2006! Never had any problems.

Date created: 2010-08-17 Name: johnathan scull
Location: northfield, New Jersey

"Horrible"
We bought a new house in New Jersey in 2003. It came with a ducane compressor and a natural gas furnas. Upstairs when its about 86 degrees out. It has trouble and runs all day with the thermostat set to 74. Uses way to much energy and very noisy.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: bob

"Bob"
Have 95% eff. furnace w/ 12 seer condenser for my house that is 10 years old. The units have never been serviced! I was in the business for thirty years, installed thousands of units. 90 percent of my service call backs were from my guys doing some thing wrong. Once or twice I miss- matched the wrong parts, (maybe several times).

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: D. Harrison

"Ducane Air Conditioner with Feul Pump"
I do not know if it is the unit or the company that installed the unit. I have had it approximately 5 years as of May 2010. It has been a problem at least 1 to twice and sometimes seems like 3 times a year. To spend $5,000 for something that seems like a lemon is ridiculous.