Consumer Reviews of DUCANE central air conditioners

Read more about DUCANE central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-06-01 Name: Veronica Cecire
Location: Indiana

"The outdoor unit does not withstand the weight of less than 300 lb."
After the first winter of the purchase, there was the dent of the shape of the gutter which sat evenly on the middle of the metal outer unit, as a result, the inner coils from the top layers were smashed together due to the impact. The unit was supposed to withstand up to 300 lb. According to the distributor who sold this a/c system last June. The gutter was only a few feet above when it was attached. Although I wished to prove that the outer metal cover did not withstand the weight of less than 300 lb. and the warranty should cover the cost of the damage, the distributor flatly denied and would not take any part of the responsibilities while I believe that the design and/or materials used to house the unit did not meet the standard for protection of the coils inside. None of the lines of the installer, the distributor, and the manufacturer wanted to listen to our case. As many other reviewers who expressed their frustrations with their cases, I would not recommend the recent models of Ducane A/C products to anyone as long as they try to escape from the customer complains and leave us totally lost.

Date created: 2018-05-26 Name: Mat Eicher
Location: Elk River, MN

"Good deal"
Ours is 3 years old now... I installed it my self, but did not have a nitrogen tank to flood the lines during soldering, so I had a pro do it. YOU MUST flood the lines with nitrogen to avoid copper oxide flakes being created when the copper is silver soldered... YES ! silver soldered only ! 15% silver. Then there is the yearly check to see that the soot found in almost all HVAC systems has not blanketed the A coil.... (AND) that you have the correct A COIL !!! Finally, the correct amount of Freon, determined through the "superheat calculator" method... so anyway, my Ducane works perfect, my home is an ice box. My 2 1/2 ton 410 unit cost $1500 delivered with 100 feet of copper.... I'm sad to say, that many things are better made "outsourced " than American now... Unions , regulations and taxes in America have led to lots of corner cutting! and finding an ethical technician ( IN ANY TRADE !) has become a tall order... America great again ? don't hold your breath ... way to many idiots here now.
Date created: 2018-05-03 Name: gary g
Location: Dallas, TX

Brought first new a/c unit 2010 31/2 ton. Another new unit 2015 now having to replace compressor on this unit. 2 new units and compressor in 8 years. My old unit was 15 years old and working fine. Wanted to upgrade from a 10 seer to a newer 13 seer unit. Buyers beware of this a/c unit
Date created: 2018-04-24 Name: Corey Carreiro
Location: Pittsburgh

"DUCANE EQUIPMENT"
I am a licensed HVAC mechanical contractor in Pittsburgh.Reading all of these negative reviews by Uneducated, Unskilled customers..makes me laugh..It's not the equipment that's bad...it's your installation that's bad. Listen I've been in the business for 37 years...and love Ducane equipment (it's a lennox) without the higher cost...There are a handfull of manufacturers that make all hvac equipment for Everybody...ALLIED,NORDYNE, (Now Nortec), icp etc...Anyway you need to have trained legitimate tech's putting this stuff in for you...NOT The handyman.. Linesets need beaded not soldered. High pressure Nitrogen test to insure no leaks...pull a vaccum on linesets to get all moisture,impurities OUT...add freon correctly...INSTALLATION Is 90%....equipment is 10% of the job. All warranties. ALL Brands are 10 years..MOST Of these reviews are bad installation.. You should Never have to add refrigerant unless you have a leak....clogged orifice? They used solder.. Bad compressor? Contaminated system They didn't pull a vacuum. Ducane is excellent equipment I use it often. Do your homework get a qualified install and you'll be fine no matter what the brand.
Date created: 2018-03-11 Name: Tony
Location: Orlando, FL

"Diva me a/c Garbage 100%"
So My landlord had a guy name Randy Murillo with Randyís a/c service which works wit ducane come to my house and install the unit inside and outside brand new worst decision of my life I shouldíve just kept the old one it worked a lot better this is a 2.5 ton I got installed about two months ago and seen him over 20 times it does not cool down the house I donít think it would even cool down a one bedroom apartment never mind a three-bedroom house Ducane is by far the worse company to ever make air Conditioning units if you want a long time of headache go ahead by a Ducane and you will find out iím ready to break my lease and move out of my house itís so bad I had one there before it was about 20 years old I much rather get that one back if I was able to Of course they feed you it comes with one year warranty but if you have to come out 20 times in two months itís not even worth it and here I am it says 70 on the thermostat but it feels 78 the unit is terrible does not work at all I feel like I have no a/c And in Orlando Florida it gets hot so for anyone reading this review I highly recommend staying away from the brand ok theyíre the worst in the business if any questions you can contact me at [email protected] canít even find an official website for Ducane smh now thatís B.s😡😡😡
Date created: 2018-01-31 Name: Kevin
Location: Louisville, KY

"Why"
We bought the complete unit two years ago and have had to have it worked on at least five times now with the technician finding issues like : low refrigerant twice, blocked orifice, bad fan blade?, And replacing the a coil. The unit has never performed well since day one. I have read several reviews on here about the installation and how if installed incorrectly you will have problems my question is why are the other companies not getting the same complaints as Ducane and Lennox 2 out of 5. These units are cheap to buy and the quality shows why they are so cheap. Even the energy guide shows that they are inefficient units causing electric bills to go up. Knowing what a problem this can be I will check myself and not take the first unit a repair company offers
Date created: 2018-01-23 Name: Sondra Largent
Location: Orlando, FL

"Unlicensed Contractor"
Contractor put in wrong size unit. Problems right after installation leaking, it needed a new Air Conditioner Condenser. The unit vibrates walls and floors. Contractor does not respond to me to fix it. I found out too late...he was an unlicensed contractor. The problems I have, especially with the unit and walls vibrating, are the result of this man and his workers not knowing what they are doing. Yet, taking money for a job that was done badly.
Date created: 2017-05-21 Name: Brenda
Location: Illinois

"ABSOLUTE JUNK"
Absolutely ridiculous customer service. Was promised a call back within 24 hours over a week ago!!! Have also followed up with the distributor and installer. All of us have called numerous times! This is the 2nd time this junk unit has broken since it was installed 3 years ago! It's been 88 degrees in my house at night. I'm working up to 16 hours a day and can't even rest in comfort for the few hours I get to sleep! I will be contacting the bbb tomorrow also. This unit is under warranty and leaking freon.
Date created: 2016-08-04 Name: Brad Logel
Location: Bridgeville, PA

"Pos stay away"
First compressor failed. Second compressor failed. Onto the third, third year of ownership. Stay away!
Date created: 2016-06-06 Name: John Bielinski
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Ducane junk"
I have purchased over 30 Ducane A/C units. They are problematic, ill conceived and after a few years, junk.