Consumer Reviews of Day & Night central air conditioners

Read more about Day & Night central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: Z. Heria
Location: Miami, FL

"Bad choice"
I had my unit installed 4 years ago. Since the beginning it was giving me trouble with different things. Now the coil stopped doing its job and replacement was imminent.The former installer was a jerk, and charged me for all the times he came to change something while lying about the real issue. The only good thing is that the parts were still under warranty and I had to pay only for labor. It has been a nightmare since the very first day. The lack of knowledge and the good faith in people led me to this problem.

Date created: 2014-10-21 Name: Joe
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Filter"
Side by side or down flow package units run with no filter. Amazing. Fresh air damper, no sweat. The curved coil does allow dirt.

Date created: 2014-09-06 Name: I,G, Fields
Location: Sun City West, AZ

"Repair parts"
When my AC unit went out I called the installer, who promptly came to the house, identified the problem and ordered the required motor. The Night and Day warehouse sent the wrong motor. The installer returned the motor and was told they were ordering the correct motor, but it would take two days for the motor to arrive. When the motor finally arrived, it was again the wrong motor. The installer has been to our home five different times to try and fix the problem or jerry-rig something that would get us through the 90 to 100-degree weather. The installer was an excellent, accommodating, and friendly person. However, I can only give Day and Night the worst possible rating due to their inability to send the proper parts. We have been without AC for over a week.

Date created: 2014-06-23 Name: Robert moss
Location: miami

"Best unit in the market"
One of the best units in the market today. Here in Miami any unit has to work 24/7. In my house we set the thermostat at 75 during the day and 72 at night and this unit cools 101%. My bill dropped almost $115 a month. This unit is a carrier unit but with another tag , if you know Carrier, buy Day & Night. My ac is 4 years old and I'm very happy. Thanks Day&night

Date created: 2014-05-20 Name: Derek Johanson
Location: Stuart, Fl

"Installer review"
You people giving this equipment bad reviews are complaining about the companies who installed the equipment. If an incompetent crew installs a unit improperly or treats it rough there will be problems! Day & Night is made by ICC which is a Carrier clone. I have been in this industry for almost 17 Years and would install Day & Night in my own home. FYI, the equipment comes with standard 5 year parts warranty unless your installer registers it for free ( which any good quality company will do). That makes it a 10 year parts warranty. Instead of ignorantly complaining about equipment you don't understand, hold the people who screwed you accountable. My best advice to anyone looking to replace your air conditioner is never go with the lowest quote, because you get what you pay for. And do some research on any company you plan to work with. If you by a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda or what ever and it was assembled by an idiot chances are it won't work right.

Date created: 2013-11-27 Name: David K
Location: Indio, CA

Something that costs $5K with a one year warranty?? Terrible. Our AC guy installed this as a replacement for our 20+ year old unit. Installed in September 2008 and we have already had a $400 repair due to a leak. Not including the $1000 cost to replace the freon! Not there is a leak in the coil, or basically somewhere where two different AC companies said would require us to replace the unit entirely. We're still paying this thing off and it's already trash! I cannot stress how lacking the company has been with regards to helping us in this situation. In a world where nothing being built is designed to last, all you can hope for is decent customer service. But no... Is "saving money" on this unit worth a 30% chance of failure?? Not to us it isn't. I just wish I could take it out on the installer of this unit because they have to know that these things are crap. Maybe, they like the return work for repairs in the near future?

Date created: 2013-09-04 Name: DJR.
Location: Reedley Ca.

"Day and Night A/C"
This 4 ton Day and Night has been running just fine for 30 plus years. Two fan motors replaced. I have it serviced by an A/C company once a year. A little noisy but that is overridden by great service.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: George DeLong
Location: Phoenix Arizona

"Outrageous Cost of Repairs"
Installed a new three and a half ton unit two years ago. "High low valve" went out. Only coverage is for parts. Labor and freon was $1800.00. Outrageous. Took two guys, six and a half hours each to complete the repair. This from a factory authorized service shop, also the shop that installed the unit originally. I have had ten properties over the years and never had a problem with a unit in the first two years. This is my first and last Day and Night unit.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: L. Humbert
Location: Tempe, AZ

"Two Year Travesty"
To the day, my 5 ton roof top unit was installed. The refrigerant leaked out and that's after I paid for service two months earlier, and was warned to keep paying the $69.00 service fee because the installer was aware of factory issues with the reversing valve and possible coil leaks. Of course, the same guy was going to charge $700.00 to replace the reversing valve because itís not under warranty. After I complained to him being the last one to touch the unit, he told me to find someone else (A & A Cooling Phoenix, Arizona). I found a good repair guy who I used to know and he told me that he will set the unit up on the high side and not the recommended median blower setting which will help the reversing valve especially in the transition from heat to air. Also, added sealant and leak detector (Cliplight product) and put putty around the coils to reinforce it. If it does leak next year, he'll be able to find it. I do not recommend this unit even though it was really cheap.

Date created: 2013-06-02 Name: J. Twardski
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Awesome, Like a Walk-in Cooler"
Installed last August, replaced a Trane system. Service guy said Trane is good but their coils are a pain to keep clean. This Day and Night stuff really works well, and is very quiet. I put in a 14 seer system and my power bills went down from the Trane System. I also installed a 5 inch in air filter box.