Consumer Reviews of Day & Night central air conditioners

Read more about Day & Night central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-03-06 Name: Milton Fletcher
Location: Plantation

"Day & Night, same as Carrier"
I bought a 4 ton package unit for less than $2000. I installed it myself in my home and registered it as original home owner. Warranty is 10 years parts. Surprisingly, there is no difference with that and a Carrier. Just a name change. I service 4-10 different units every day and find that these are Carrier single stage units. There are no know issues associated with these units. Like anything else, check the service personnel installing the unit. Improper installation and bad service techs make for a bad AC experience.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Name: Rico
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"I will never buy one again"
I own over 100 rental units and was told if I buy a complete system I would receive a 10-year warranty. I've had several break down. One unit fan went out, $292.00 for a new motor. Contractor's price not covered, was told it was not covered because it was used as commercial. I thought duplexes were residential. I will never buy Day and Night, Carrier unit again, and have other similar stories on the same unit. Was told 1-year warranty only.

Date created: 2015-08-07 Name: Robert rosental
Location: Naples, FL

"Best unit ever"
My system is working super. It is a Day & Night, don't get it confused with the Chinese one. Always ask for the U.S. made. Someone copied the American unit and is selling a bad unit with the Day & Night name.

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: A. Racco
Location: Central Valley, CA

"Day and nightmare"
I bought 2 Day & Night heat pumps and air handlers for a two story house. They replaced units that were about 25 years old. Within three years, a coil went bad on one unit. The coil was under warranty but not the labor. Now at just over 5 years ( and out of warranty) the other unit has a bad coil and the first unit's blower motor is bad. Day & Night equipment is junk. Buyer beware!

Date created: 2015-06-08 Name: Angela
Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Terrible company"
Day and Night sent a man over here to fix my AC unit. I unlocked the unit in the backyard, unlocked my patio door and front door and advised him that I would be upstairs and to come and get me when he needed me. He came in and turned on the thermostat. Nothing happened, so he said, "Oh there is your problem; you have to replace the furnace, it will not come on." I had to tell that man that it was turned off at the circuit breaker. I turned on the circuit breaker and the machine came on. I left for more than 30 minutes and watched him from my upstairs window. He was just sitting in his truck. I went out and asked what the issue was. He said he is trying to get in touch with the landlord for permission to repair the AC, but could not get in touch with him. I called the landlord and left a message. I looked out of the window and that man was gone! He left my front and back door wide open! Left the AC unit outside unlocked and did not say a word, just left. This is a terrible company. No regard for safety or human life. Will just ride the clock and leave unannounced. I would not recommend them.

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: Z. Heria
Location: Miami, FL

"Bad choice"
I had my unit installed 4 years ago. Since the beginning it was giving me trouble with different things. Now the coil stopped doing its job and replacement was imminent.The former installer was a jerk, and charged me for all the times he came to change something while lying about the real issue. The only good thing is that the parts were still under warranty and I had to pay only for labor. It has been a nightmare since the very first day. The lack of knowledge and the good faith in people led me to this problem.

Date created: 2014-10-21 Name: Joe
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Filter"
Side by side or down flow package units run with no filter. Amazing. Fresh air damper, no sweat. The curved coil does allow dirt.

Date created: 2014-09-06 Name: I,G, Fields
Location: Sun City West, AZ

"Repair parts"
When my AC unit went out I called the installer, who promptly came to the house, identified the problem and ordered the required motor. The Night and Day warehouse sent the wrong motor. The installer returned the motor and was told they were ordering the correct motor, but it would take two days for the motor to arrive. When the motor finally arrived, it was again the wrong motor. The installer has been to our home five different times to try and fix the problem or jerry-rig something that would get us through the 90 to 100-degree weather. The installer was an excellent, accommodating, and friendly person. However, I can only give Day and Night the worst possible rating due to their inability to send the proper parts. We have been without AC for over a week.

Date created: 2014-06-23 Name: Robert moss
Location: miami

"Best unit in the market"
One of the best units in the market today. Here in Miami any unit has to work 24/7. In my house we set the thermostat at 75 during the day and 72 at night and this unit cools 101%. My bill dropped almost $115 a month. This unit is a carrier unit but with another tag , if you know Carrier, buy Day & Night. My ac is 4 years old and I'm very happy. Thanks Day&night

Date created: 2014-05-20 Name: Derek Johanson
Location: Stuart, Fl

"Installer review"
You people giving this equipment bad reviews are complaining about the companies who installed the equipment. If an incompetent crew installs a unit improperly or treats it rough there will be problems! Day & Night is made by ICC which is a Carrier clone. I have been in this industry for almost 17 Years and would install Day & Night in my own home. FYI, the equipment comes with standard 5 year parts warranty unless your installer registers it for free ( which any good quality company will do). That makes it a 10 year parts warranty. Instead of ignorantly complaining about equipment you don't understand, hold the people who screwed you accountable. My best advice to anyone looking to replace your air conditioner is never go with the lowest quote, because you get what you pay for. And do some research on any company you plan to work with. If you by a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda or what ever and it was assembled by an idiot chances are it won't work right.