Consumer Reviews of Daikin central air conditioners

Read more about Daikin central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-01-09 Name: D. Hardy
Location: Grant, FL

"Disappointed"
Daikin Model ewdah12l-1nt Air Handler I just wanted to express my disappointment with the Daikin Air Handler. I invested allot of money thinking that I was purchasing a quality product. In just two years the air handler has had 3 issues: (1) Water leaking and puddling around the base of the unit; (2) Heat core failure; (3) Coil leak that can't be fixed. I was told by the installer that the replacement coil could take up to 4 weeks to be shipped. Had I known that Daikin can't provide replacement parts in a timely manner, I would not have chosen this brand. How good is a warranty when parts are not readily available to the company that installed it? After emailing Daikin's customer service about my concerns, all I received was a stock response that the warranty only covers parts. I had to purchase a space heater to get us through a cold snap and probably will need to buy another one.

Date created: 2017-11-25 Name: Jeannie
Location: Louisiana

"Don't waste money on a Daikin"
I bought a Daikin split series ac with heat in January of 2015. The heat has never worked right. I could turn the heat on and it would work for about 15 minutes and then shut down for 10 minutes to defrost. This went on all last winter. The electrician said this was normal when the temperature got below 50 degrees. I just about froze to death. Now this year the compressor has gone out. The compressor is under warranty but it will cost me at least $400.00 to have the new compressor installed. Then it still may not work right. I will never buy another Daikin product again! Don't waste your $$$$.

Date created: 2017-04-12 Name: Sheshmani I Varma
Location: Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

"Unproper A/C Services"
To the in charge of Daikin, We have purchased 2 split A/C in our premises. Our machine was installed in July 2016. Even both the machines are in warranty, our problem with the cooling has not been solved. We don't have ventilation and only A/C was the option. We are into the Corporate. We have given several complaints and sent mails to the company but our issue has not been solved. We are facing lots of issues due to Daikin split A/C. None of the technicians visited our side and we haven't received any replies from them regarding our complaint. We are facing very bad experience from this company after paying a huge amount of money to them.

Date created: 2016-08-03 Name: James
Location: San DIego, CA

"Excellent product"
I purchased this AC after it was offered by a local contractor this summer. Works great, quiet, and low utility bill. Never heard of Daikin but I am glad I purchased the unit so far.