Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: EBH

"NOT GOOD EXPERIENCE"
Third summer approaching with a Comfortmaker unit and I am now making 2nd service appt to repair the unit that stopped cooling. We are not using the unit constantly 24/7 (not home during day) and generally don't run it hard when we do. Not sure what the problem will be this time but for a newish unit to go 2 of 3 seasons with issues prevents me from rating this thing positively.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: Mark

"Comfortmaker"
Moved in to a new house and had a Comfortmaker a/c installed. So far it has run problem free and my wife and I like it cool so it gets a good workout. Our neighbors that have other units (Luxaire, Arcoaire, Payne, Lennox) have had nothing but problems. Nothing but good things to say about Comfortmaker. It also helps that our hvac installer did a great job and new his stuff.

Date created: 2009-08-22 Name: J Ober

"Mr"
I had the system installed when I bought uor house in 2002. We have had no problems with the unit to date. We are looking at upgrading while the government is giving tax breaks.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: D. Baskin

"Comfort Maker Central A/C"
The a/c was installed when the house was built five and 1/2 years. We bought the house new as a package. We moved in in December and had no need for a/C. When summer hit, so did the problems with the a/C. We lost all cooling on the hottest day of the year. We called the installer and was told it would be almost a week before they could get to us. After I asked which hotel were they going to put us up in, they decided to get someone out that day. They just recharged the system to hold us until they could get a technician out. We kept loosing coolant throughout the summer, but the techs could not find the leak. This went on for the entire year of the installers warranty. Then they left us with a leaking system. The home builder then gave us another two year warranty, and serviced the unit for another two summers. We had approximately 15 service calls for lost coolant during those two and 1/2 years.(Does the environment come to mind?) Finally they found the leak in the air handler and replaced it. The condenser fan just went out and we were without a/c for three days until the fan could be replaced. The unit is rated large enough for my house, but has a tough time keeping it cool during most of the summer.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: Keith Fox

"Comfortmaker should be Crapfortmaker"
I have had nothing but trouble with two new units installed in my new home. I have had several maintenance issues and although the replacement parts are warrantied, the labor is not and my family is either hot or cold depending on when the units go out! I'll never, ever purchase a Comfortmaker unit again! Comfortmaker isn't responding to my emails now also! Terrible quality and value! Don't buy comfortmaker!!!!

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: B Covington
Location: Greenville, SC

"Comfortmaker junk"
These things are junk. Less than 5 years. Half the people on my street (Torrey/DR Horton neighborhood) have had to have repairs and replacements. We've had fans replaced, fuses (switches, circuits? I forget) replaced. Earlier this year one of our units went out. We called the service tech and they were already on our street repairing other units. Took them 5 minutes to get to our house. That's not a compliment on the service, it's a condemnation on the units.

Date created: 2008-09-25 Name: ERBrydon
Location: Cary, NC

"Comfortmaker HVAC 2.5-ton"
Comfortmaker hvac system installed when home was built, developed serious coolant leak due to rusting of A-frame coil housing in air handler caused by condensation; by contrast gas-fired furnace looks like new, works fine.