Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: L. W. L.

"DO NOT BUY"
Extremely unreliable. I would never recommend this brand to anyone. The Comfortmaker is a lemon, and I'm not at all surprised by all the poor reviews. I had 2 Trane units at my commercial building for 7 years without a problem.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: D. Tom

"Homeowner"
Purchased new home with 2 Comfortmaker a/c units. Our 1st summer in the house, the units did not cool the house. We were told by our customer service rep that both units had to be on all the time to balance the cooling of the whole house. It cooled better at the expense of 480.00 a month electric bills. These units are supposed to be energy efficient. By the second summer, they did not cool at all and the technician came out and said the freon wasn't full and recharged it free of charge. Now on our third summer in our house and the damn things don't cool again. It gets to 115 degrees out here and we need air conditioning. We have to wait a week for the tech to get out here. We bought or house brand new for 442,000 and they put two pieces of crap in here for air conditioning.

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: D. Baggett

"Ms."
I am very disappointed with this unit. It will not keep my house cooler than 79 in the summer months with all the ceiling fans running on high. I have plenty of insulation so this shouldn't be a problem. The motor rusted and froze up just after the labor warranty ran out. I was assured by the installing company that this unit is the correct size for my home. I was also told that it would save on my cooling cost but when it doesn't even work good enough to turn off how can it save energy? It also seems to have power surges. The old system I replaced, that was around 15 years old was much better than this one is. I wish I had never wasted my money on this and as soon as I can afford to replace it, I will be doing so.

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: Tom Dulaney

"Tom dulaney"
I have replaced the coil every year since we have bought the unit in 2005. How do we get hold of Comfortmaker so we can find out how to replace the unit?

Date created: 2010-05-01 Name: PDO

"SAVE YOUR MONEY"
I bought this unit from what I thought was a friend and was assured it was a quality product. It has not worked properly since installation. The biggest problem is leaking. I replaced a Lennox system with this model because of age. My Lennox was 14 yrs. old and I wish I had it back, not one problem. I am now just trying to get the unit removed from my house and my money back. Comfortmaker makes a great paper weight.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: EBH

"NOT GOOD EXPERIENCE"
Third summer approaching with a Comfortmaker unit and I am now making 2nd service appt to repair the unit that stopped cooling. We are not using the unit constantly 24/7 (not home during day) and generally don't run it hard when we do. Not sure what the problem will be this time but for a newish unit to go 2 of 3 seasons with issues prevents me from rating this thing positively.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: Mark

"Comfortmaker"
Moved in to a new house and had a Comfortmaker a/c installed. So far it has run problem free and my wife and I like it cool so it gets a good workout. Our neighbors that have other units (Luxaire, Arcoaire, Payne, Lennox) have had nothing but problems. Nothing but good things to say about Comfortmaker. It also helps that our hvac installer did a great job and new his stuff.

Date created: 2009-08-22 Name: J Ober

"Mr"
I had the system installed when I bought uor house in 2002. We have had no problems with the unit to date. We are looking at upgrading while the government is giving tax breaks.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: D. Baskin

"Comfort Maker Central A/C"
The a/c was installed when the house was built five and 1/2 years. We bought the house new as a package. We moved in in December and had no need for a/C. When summer hit, so did the problems with the a/C. We lost all cooling on the hottest day of the year. We called the installer and was told it would be almost a week before they could get to us. After I asked which hotel were they going to put us up in, they decided to get someone out that day. They just recharged the system to hold us until they could get a technician out. We kept loosing coolant throughout the summer, but the techs could not find the leak. This went on for the entire year of the installers warranty. Then they left us with a leaking system. The home builder then gave us another two year warranty, and serviced the unit for another two summers. We had approximately 15 service calls for lost coolant during those two and 1/2 years.(Does the environment come to mind?) Finally they found the leak in the air handler and replaced it. The condenser fan just went out and we were without a/c for three days until the fan could be replaced. The unit is rated large enough for my house, but has a tough time keeping it cool during most of the summer.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: Keith Fox

"Comfortmaker should be Crapfortmaker"
I have had nothing but trouble with two new units installed in my new home. I have had several maintenance issues and although the replacement parts are warrantied, the labor is not and my family is either hot or cold depending on when the units go out! I'll never, ever purchase a Comfortmaker unit again! Comfortmaker isn't responding to my emails now also! Terrible quality and value! Don't buy comfortmaker!!!!