Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-02 Name: L. Ball

"Stay Far Away from this Brand"
Just a piece of junk!! We have a 700 sq. ft. lake condo and replaced our 33 yr. old unit with the Comfort Maker. The day it was installed, it took 12 hours to cool to a comfortable temperature but not desired temp. Called installer back and he said it just had to get rid of all the hot air. Our old unit cooled in 15 minutes. Arrived yesterday at lake with inside temp at 82 & it took 24 hrs running all the time to get to desired temp. Four thousand $ later, I'm very mad and hot!!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: J. Holtzer

"JUNK"
This is the second time in three months that our air conditioner has gone out. Today, it is 83 degrees in the house. Yesterday, it was 84. My soon to be two year old is stressed, cranky and so am I. I am done.

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Anthony Patterson

"Problems with our Comfortmaker AC"
Where do I start, this is the worst air conditioned unit I have ever had. It never cools the house down during the summer. It runs all day and most of the night. We can sit and watch the temperature rise as the day goes on, knowing the unit will not cut off. I have put in at least 10 service calls to during the time it was under warranty. Now that the warranty has expired, they have hit us with a $800.00 bill for repairs. The coil and damper motor has to be replaced. The parts are still under warranty but the labor with cost us that much. I wonder if this was not the problem all along and they did not want to fix it for free. We have been in the house since Oct 2005, and every summer the same thing. Before I pay Louis heating and air conditioning to fix it, I will do it myself, (and I don't know jack about fixing ac units) at least I admit it. They need to rename the unit to the little unit who couldn't.

Date created: 2010-06-13 Name: Sharon Aspinall

"Homeowner"
We have a 3 bedroom ranch house. We never felt the unit really cooled the house great but with all the overhead fans running it was better than outside. This year when we turned it on we got hot air. The original installer was not longer in business but we were lucky to get another company over quickly. They told us the cooler coil was bad and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, they couldn't get a replacement part, which was covered by the extended warranty we purchased, from Comfortmaker till mid July. Our only option was to replace the whole air handler and pay the difference between the warranty and new cost. We don't live in the hot south so after two summers of use this shouldn't be the case.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: L. W. L.

"DO NOT BUY"
Extremely unreliable. I would never recommend this brand to anyone. The Comfortmaker is a lemon, and I'm not at all surprised by all the poor reviews. I had 2 Trane units at my commercial building for 7 years without a problem.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: D. Tom

"Homeowner"
Purchased new home with 2 Comfortmaker a/c units. Our 1st summer in the house, the units did not cool the house. We were told by our customer service rep that both units had to be on all the time to balance the cooling of the whole house. It cooled better at the expense of 480.00 a month electric bills. These units are supposed to be energy efficient. By the second summer, they did not cool at all and the technician came out and said the freon wasn't full and recharged it free of charge. Now on our third summer in our house and the damn things don't cool again. It gets to 115 degrees out here and we need air conditioning. We have to wait a week for the tech to get out here. We bought or house brand new for 442,000 and they put two pieces of crap in here for air conditioning.

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: D. Baggett

"Ms."
I am very disappointed with this unit. It will not keep my house cooler than 79 in the summer months with all the ceiling fans running on high. I have plenty of insulation so this shouldn't be a problem. The motor rusted and froze up just after the labor warranty ran out. I was assured by the installing company that this unit is the correct size for my home. I was also told that it would save on my cooling cost but when it doesn't even work good enough to turn off how can it save energy? It also seems to have power surges. The old system I replaced, that was around 15 years old was much better than this one is. I wish I had never wasted my money on this and as soon as I can afford to replace it, I will be doing so.

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: Tom Dulaney

"Tom dulaney"
I have replaced the coil every year since we have bought the unit in 2005. How do we get hold of Comfortmaker so we can find out how to replace the unit?

Date created: 2010-05-01 Name: PDO

"SAVE YOUR MONEY"
I bought this unit from what I thought was a friend and was assured it was a quality product. It has not worked properly since installation. The biggest problem is leaking. I replaced a Lennox system with this model because of age. My Lennox was 14 yrs. old and I wish I had it back, not one problem. I am now just trying to get the unit removed from my house and my money back. Comfortmaker makes a great paper weight.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: EBH

"NOT GOOD EXPERIENCE"
Third summer approaching with a Comfortmaker unit and I am now making 2nd service appt to repair the unit that stopped cooling. We are not using the unit constantly 24/7 (not home during day) and generally don't run it hard when we do. Not sure what the problem will be this time but for a newish unit to go 2 of 3 seasons with issues prevents me from rating this thing positively.