Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-06-17 Name: Doris
Location: Indian Trail NC

"Satisfied customer"
My model number is not listed above. Had our two units for 13 years (builder installed) and still going strong. Had one repair three years ago, new coil, for upstairs unit. Guess we are very fortunate this product worked so well for us.

Date created: 2012-04-19 Name: Mike Dwyer
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ

"2 Ton, 13 Seer, R-410-A Evaporator Coil"
Installled in New Jersey, August 2009, 2 years later had a $1,000 bill for the replacement of leaking Evaporator Coil. That does not include the price of the Coil as that was covered under warranty..........labor was $700 + $300 in other parts {410a = $216).

Date created: 2012-04-19 Name: C Baker
Location: ft. myers

"Great Unit, also has a great warranty"
100 % Recommend!

Date created: 2012-04-04 Name: Ms. Vaughn

"Serial #E032145861"
This model stinks and is crap. The unit developed three separate leaks that I had patched two years ago. I was told the patch might not hold and it did not. The unit uses r-22 refrigerant that apparently is not made anymore. There is no warranty that I can tell. The builder went out of business. I feel the builder used the shoddiest materials they could find to include this lousy unit. It may be an installation problem, but I also suspect it is a cheap unit. I would never purchase this product myself. I will go with Trane for my next unit.

Date created: 2012-02-17 Name: Mr Hvacen
Location: Cleveland

"Comfortmaker vs Bryant or Carrier"
I just read some of the posts about the Comfort Maker Furnaces and Air Conditioners and just had to post something. I have Been in the hvac industry for the past 16 years. Have worked for Bryant, Carrier and Comfortmaker dealers, these units have always built similar until recently they are really just different colors would you like beige or grey? When Reading the posts the people that are not happy with the comfort maker furnaces it does not sound like it was the product itself but the company you had install it!! Refrigerant leaks 9 times out of 10 are from the installation not the equipment! Also if the job is a new construction the installers have to do these jobs quickly to make money!

Date created: 2011-10-08 Name: homeowner
Location: Midwest

"Do Not Buy Comfortmaker Products Online; Warranty Will Not Apply"
I bought a Comfortmaker condensor & coil off of Ebay. Condenser model #n4a324gkb(200) Seller states warranty is valid. They also mislead and act like they are the manufacturing shipping direct from factory. Quality Air Equipment is their current ebay name. The condenser was built July 2011, installed August 2011. Compressor was defective. Seller would not help unless I left positive feedback on ebay. So I opened a case with ebay which offers Buyer Protection, but fails to mention you must return the whole purchase, which in this case they expected me to uninstall the coil that the installers spent hours attaching to my furnace, piping, duct work etc. Called Comfortmaker, they said warranty null and void for any online purchases (#10 on their warranty exceptions). They refuse to replace the compressor even though I have proof that I was assured the product would be covered. So much for standing by their products and taking care of their customers. And beware, always check any manufacturer warranty (some available online) as many are not covering online purchases including Rheem and Coleman.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Minnesota

"Been installing Comfortmaker for over 6 years now"
Been installing Comfortmaker for over 6 years now or about 6 years. Not one problem whatsoever. I had installed a couple of compressors on comfortmaker ac not ones I installed but another contractor installed and customer told them that they thought the ac was loud which it shouldn't had been loud and the contractor chose to ignore the problem they also installed the system with no filter drier. Needless to say this was the installing contractor fault not the system fault.

Date created: 2011-07-13 Name: Angel H
Location: O Fallon

"Outrraged home owner"
Worst unit ever!!!!I lived in a condo and this unit has never being able to cool the upstairs where the bedrooms are located. Every year it leaks freon that needs to be re filled. Now is the compressor that went out and needs to be replaced. The coils may be another problem. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these crap-no confort-makers!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: John I
Location: New Jersey

"Complete Compressor Failure in 8 years"
If you are buying a Comfortmaker A/C System, I recommend the purchase of an extended warranty. Our 8 year old system had the compressor fail completely in our downstairs unit. We have never had a major AC repair in any other home we have owned, even those with older units. We are now putting $1,500 into an 8 year old system, with no help from Comfortmaker. Our upstair Comfortmaker A/C system also leaks refrigerant, and performs poorly even when fully charged. In summary I would never purchase anything made by United Techologies again.

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Roger Allen
Location: Melrose, Florida

"Great cooling and very quiet operation"
I had a new central HVAC system installed in my house in 2010. It is a 2 ton, 13 SEER Comfortmaker split system. Prior to that I had a Whirlpool that was installed new with the house in 1987. That unit never let me down in 23 years! My new Comfortmaker is so quiet and cools very nicely. It has the latest technology that protects against surges, power off-on and lightning. My energy bill is about 30% less now. I am very pleased so far. Also, the contractor who I bought it from and installed it is very professional and competent.