Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-07-26 Name: D Hurst
Location: Naples, FL

"Compressor out in 13 months"
Had installed on 06-06-14. Compressor died on 07-15. Had the contractor come out and he didn't even have to test it, he knew it was the compressor right away. 10-year warranty on the compressor but $595.00 labor. They have to put Freon in the new compressor. One month out of warranty. So don't think you're getting a free no-hassle replacement. They definitely took advantage of this 81-year-old woman. I had a Trane AC unit for years and had no trouble with it. I thought when they replaced my old unit I would be getting the same kind I had. They give me this junk called Comfortmaker. I'm on Social Security and live alone and they charged over $6000.00 for this thing and it dies after a year. What a shame.

Date created: 2015-07-15 Name: g zimmer
Location: Safety Harbor, FL

"Motor issue"
On my third motor since the new unit was installed in November, 2012. Company covers the motor each time but dealer labor bills are $275. Big mistake in not checking the reviews before we purchased Comfortmaker. Called headquarters, no recalls and no other form of reimbursement.

Date created: 2015-06-24 Name: SARAH SIMMONS
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Cannot get parts for repairs"
I purchased my Comfortmaker on 2/18/2015 and have had nothing but problems with it freezing up. The service could not find the problems at first and when they did find out what was wrong, they could not find the parts to fix it. I have waited three days and it is not fixed yet. Still waiting on parts in a 100 degree temperature. I'm very unhappy with the product.

Date created: 2015-05-16 Name: S. Hawkins
Location: Texas

"$600 part broken at 4 1/2 years"
Installed by a home builder who was a crook. The circulating fan has died. The unit was installed in 2010. The replacement cost $600. Labor will run the repair cost up to nearly $1000. Piece of junk.

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: V.Murray
Location: North Carolina

"Very, very, very dissatisfied"
We purchased a home in 2005 and the ComforMaker came with the home. This A/C is a bunch of junk. We start having problems with this unit after 7 years in the home. Now we have to replace the units within 10 years. I hate this unit and we would never recommend any products from this company.

Date created: 2015-04-07 Name: Randy Childers
Location: Bedford, TX

"Dont buy Comfortmaker"
Had a Comfortmaker hvac unit put in 10 days ago and it's already broke down, what a piece of crap! I have a second repair man out here and he says Comfortmaker puts in a poor quality circuit breaker component in the unit and he always replaces them with a better quality one when he installs the unit. I recommend not to buy Comfortmaker.

Date created: 2014-11-07 Name: W. Swartz
Location: Fort Myers, FL

"Love my Comfortmaker!"
I bought my Comfortmaker system from a local air conditioning contractor that offered me a couple of choices when it was time to replace my old system. The first thing I did was research reviews for my contractor to make sure he had a good reputation in my area. After I was confident I had a good contractor, I weighed the choices he offered. The choices that were offered to me were Trane, Lennox and Comfortmaker. The Comfortmaker was the best bang for the buck. I got a 16 SEER with a No Hassle Warranty, so if I ever have a major component fail I will get a brand new unit. The others don't even offer this option. My contractor also assured me that the local Comfortmaker distributor does a great job stocking warranty parts and supporting their dealers if issues were to arise. After reading all of the negative reviews here on Comfortmaker, I think that the biggest problem most have had is probably with the contractor that they chose to do the installation, not Comfortmaker equipment. My system has been running without a problem for 4 years and I couldn't be happier!!!

Date created: 2014-06-17 Name: Carrie
Location: Detroit, MI

"The Worst Equipment!"
This piece of crap was installed in the house a year before I bought it. Every year I need to recharge it and it still does a bad job at cooling the house down. If you are in the market for a new a/c unit buy a different brand that actually works and you don't have to spend more money on it every year.

Date created: 2014-05-13 Name: Russell Finan
Location: Philadelphia Pa

"Comformaker great equipment"
Half of these negative reviews on this product is all because you hired a bad contractor who doesn't know how to install the system correctly. Maybe you should get a second opinion before you make a decision. Comfortmaker is a great product that comes off the same assembly line as Carrier and Bryant! Parts are easy to get and repairs are simple as well. Their high efficiency systems work amazingly and I've never had a problem with any of them. Again, homeowners: blame your bad contractor not the furnace!

Date created: 2014-03-20 Name: Faith Jenkins
Location: Spring Grove, PA

"Very unsatisfied"
Just been blown away! Now depressed. Comfort maker sucks. Had numerous hvac techs out. Ac unit leaking on floor. Pan not cracked, tubing not clogged, they even flushed the toilette! Still lost on that one, have no loss in freon, no cracks on coils but way in the back is a rust stain of a dripping but it's not coil 3 idiots made this discovery & told me it's ok now the warranty is off. I surly like to bring out a can of whipp ass they estimate 1900.00 I need a drink. Had receipts but comfort maker won't hear it system only 6 years old & had maintenance. System is not sturdy or durable nor do they stand behind their product. Please don't buy!