Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-06-19 Name: Betty
Location: Splendora, TX

"Super Cool AC"
The previous ac in my rental house never blew cold this system gets the temperature down perfectly and in a timely manner. Extremely impressed with this product.

Date created: 2018-06-19 Name: Heather V
Location: Houston, TX

"Great Products"
I had one of these installed in my home two years ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. It's so comfortable in my home and my electric bill is the lowest that it has ever been. 10/10 Would recommend to everyone.
Date created: 2018-06-02 Name: Jim Pate
Location: Sarasota, FL

"A piece of junk"
Unit is less than two years old. First summer problems cooling in the afternoon to evening. Beginning of warmer months in second year, same thing. Installing company now says we need a new compressor. Parts are under warranty, but the cost of installation is $900. Don't buy this piece of junk and don't use any company that supplies Comfortmaker.
Date created: 2018-05-14 Name: Pissed in kentucky
Location: Kentucky

"This unit sucks!"
Had it installed on Thursday and by Friday evening it wasn't working. Installer came Friday evening and put freon in it. Saturday morning woke up sweating. Installer came on Saturday and still couldn't get it to cool. Had to take off work on Monday for installer to come back again. At the end of the day still not working. Says he tried everything he knew. Sitting sweating for 4 days after paying out my hard earned money! Don't buy this unit. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!!!!!!
Date created: 2017-11-26 Name: Denis nadeau
Location: Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

"Top quality"
Best buy in my life
Date created: 2017-10-19 Name: N adams
Location: Sebastian, FL

"Caveat Emptor"
I purchased a comfort maker package unit about 2.5 years ago. Middle of August this year the unit went down. Refrigerant leak in the evaporator coil. Called my local installer and they sent a service tech out the next day to repair. Could not find the leak. So small only barely detectable. Parts were ordered under warranty. A month later new part arrived. 2 service calls and part installation over $750.00 on a unit that is 2.5 years old. Not to mention no a/c for a month. The unit was installed and bolted to a concrete slab per Fla hurricane standards. No bumps, dings, dents, scrapes etc. I may just be unlucky I don't know. But the old Trane unit I replaced with the Comfort maker was over 20 years old and only had motor start capacitors that needed changed out. In my opinion a unit costing over $3000.00 and not even lasting more than a couple of years. Don't waste your money like I did. Might not feel this way if both parts and labor had been covered
Date created: 2017-10-16 Name: Gregory
Location: Apollo Beach, FL

"95% Failure Rate"
This state of the art, WiFi, expensive system has been in for less than 2 years and has failed 10 times. Extremely time consuming to obtain parts. It failed again last week, we are now waiting on a two speed motor that has been back ordered. This has been the worst experience we have had with any home product line. Cost for all these service calls are stacking up.
Date created: 2017-09-18 Name: Nancy Simmons
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Disaster"
Been in my house for a year and hasn't worked much of that time. If the upstairs zone is connected, it blows the compressor. It has eaten 6 so far. When my technician tried to call his contact today, it rang twice and then the line went dead. He tried 4 different times. It is a piece of garbage and obviously factory service is lousy! Oh, and twice it has leaked water and ruined my laminate floors! Trash!
Date created: 2017-08-23 Name: Renee Hendrix
Location: Wetumks, OK

"COMFORTMAKER PRODUCTS ARE A RIP OFF AND THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING MORE THAN CROOKS"
We had 2 comfortmaker heat and air units installed in our new build back in 2010. First winter we had installer Arthur's Steve Heating & a/c Holdenville, ok return to our home because our units would not heat and after several visits he was never able to fix the problem. Then summer rolls around and to no surprise the piece of junk units didn't cool either so after about 6 visits and still no change we are stuck with 2 crappy units that do not work. We called and called Steve Arthur to return to our home and fix these units or replace, which he came back out a few more times unsuccessful as always. Now he did repairs and replace crap on these units, but they still never ever cooled or heated our home. We have had window units in heating towers through out our home to do what these sucky units were supposed to do. We try to get help from Steve Arthur to get them replaced and he was too lazy and had no work ethic whatsoever stuck us with this problem to deal with ourselves. Well Steve what comes around goes around and you will have to answer for the way you treated people as well as this company knowingly ripping hard working people off. Do not purchase comfortmaker products. They are both CROOKS.....Oh and most recently our attic unit freezes and saturates our living room ceiling so not we have to hire someone to repair ceiling and paint. By the way we have had multiple ac repair men come out after Steve Arthur left us high and dry to deal with the problem and none of them have been able to figure it out either. All have said you just need to replace the units they are CRAP....Steve knew they were crap and he still sold them to us...
Date created: 2017-07-24 Name: D. Johnson
Location: Clearwater, FL

"Disgusted"
Read all these reviews about the Coils Freezing Up and the Freon repeated leaking out. Now I had a unit installed in Mar 2016 and the Annual Maintenance check done May 2017 the same issues arose, after the Freon leaked out 3 times and now I get the same story about the Coil replacement. I have a warranty good till 2026 and now the installer tells me "Oh they have been having Problems with these Ice issues". Wth! Then why are the selling these and how come the Manufacturer hasn't recalled them? I guess I am headed to the Consumer Support in Wash to show them a fraud of the public advertisements and selling products they know are faulty to just keep charging for repeated expensive service calls that cover "Almost Nothing". Living in Florida where it is blistering hot for 10 months a year they have you by the throat to get comfort but the Name comfort Maker is a joke to me. RUN--don't walk away from this company they do not stand behind their product.