Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-05-16 Name: S. Hawkins
Location: Texas

"$600 part broken at 4 1/2 years"
Installed by a home builder who was a crook. The circulating fan has died. The unit was installed in 2010. The replacement cost $600. Labor will run the repair cost up to nearly $1000. Piece of junk.

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: V.Murray
Location: North Carolina

"Very, very, very dissatisfied"
We purchased a home in 2005 and the ComforMaker came with the home. This A/C is a bunch of junk. We start having problems with this unit after 7 years in the home. Now we have to replace the units within 10 years. I hate this unit and we would never recommend any products from this company.

Date created: 2015-04-07 Name: Randy Childers
Location: Bedford, TX

"Dont buy Comfortmaker"
Had a Comfortmaker hvac unit put in 10 days ago and it's already broke down, what a piece of crap! I have a second repair man out here and he says Comfortmaker puts in a poor quality circuit breaker component in the unit and he always replaces them with a better quality one when he installs the unit. I recommend not to buy Comfortmaker.

Date created: 2014-11-07 Name: W. Swartz
Location: Fort Myers, FL

"Love my Comfortmaker!"
I bought my Comfortmaker system from a local air conditioning contractor that offered me a couple of choices when it was time to replace my old system. The first thing I did was research reviews for my contractor to make sure he had a good reputation in my area. After I was confident I had a good contractor, I weighed the choices he offered. The choices that were offered to me were Trane, Lennox and Comfortmaker. The Comfortmaker was the best bang for the buck. I got a 16 SEER with a No Hassle Warranty, so if I ever have a major component fail I will get a brand new unit. The others don't even offer this option. My contractor also assured me that the local Comfortmaker distributor does a great job stocking warranty parts and supporting their dealers if issues were to arise. After reading all of the negative reviews here on Comfortmaker, I think that the biggest problem most have had is probably with the contractor that they chose to do the installation, not Comfortmaker equipment. My system has been running without a problem for 4 years and I couldn't be happier!!!

Date created: 2014-06-17 Name: Carrie
Location: Detroit, MI

"The Worst Equipment!"
This piece of crap was installed in the house a year before I bought it. Every year I need to recharge it and it still does a bad job at cooling the house down. If you are in the market for a new a/c unit buy a different brand that actually works and you don't have to spend more money on it every year.

Date created: 2014-05-13 Name: Russell Finan
Location: Philadelphia Pa

"Comformaker great equipment"
Half of these negative reviews on this product is all because you hired a bad contractor who doesn't know how to install the system correctly. Maybe you should get a second opinion before you make a decision. Comfortmaker is a great product that comes off the same assembly line as Carrier and Bryant! Parts are easy to get and repairs are simple as well. Their high efficiency systems work amazingly and I've never had a problem with any of them. Again, homeowners: blame your bad contractor not the furnace!

Date created: 2014-03-20 Name: Faith Jenkins
Location: Spring Grove, PA

"Very unsatisfied"
Just been blown away! Now depressed. Comfort maker sucks. Had numerous hvac techs out. Ac unit leaking on floor. Pan not cracked, tubing not clogged, they even flushed the toilette! Still lost on that one, have no loss in freon, no cracks on coils but way in the back is a rust stain of a dripping but it's not coil 3 idiots made this discovery & told me it's ok now the warranty is off. I surly like to bring out a can of whipp ass they estimate 1900.00 I need a drink. Had receipts but comfort maker won't hear it system only 6 years old & had maintenance. System is not sturdy or durable nor do they stand behind their product. Please don't buy!

Date created: 2013-09-10 Name: Maureen Gorton
Location: Dunedin fl

"Very Unhappy"
My unit is only 6 years old and under warranty and it needs $2500 in repairs. I am going to let it die and when it does I will never buy a Comfortmaker AC again.

Date created: 2013-08-29 Name: S R
Location: Palm Bay, Florida

"Should Read the Reports Here First!"
Had the unit for 2 years. Yesterday, we lost the AC and discovered the blower motor was bad. Called the AC company and they checked it out and said, yes the blower motor is bad. It has a circuit board in it as well as other parts, so if one part goes bad you have to replace the motor at a higher than the normal price. Lucky?? We were under warranty so the motor replacement was free but the labor?? $150 bucks! So, before you buy, consider looking for another brand that keeps the motors separate from things like the starting capacitor and the control circuit. So you don't lose both arms when you have to replace it. Wonder what is going to happen next?

Date created: 2013-08-03 Name: EJ JONES
Location: CORBIN KY

"INTERNATIONAL COMFORT PRODUCTS"
Unit was installed on july 18, 2013, by dan little of little and little heat and air in richmond. he has made the biggest mess of installing this unit. not sealed anywhere, not insulated. I have pictures of the installation. it has frozen up today, completely, inside and out. I have contacted him to come and remove this unit and he had one of his repair boys to call me. he wanted to come and fix it. it is beyond repair. he wouldn't even call me himself. he is setting himself for a lawsuit. would never buy this again.