Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-09-18 Name: Nancy Simmons
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Disaster"
Been in my house for a year and hasn't worked much of that time. If the upstairs zone is connected, it blows the compressor. It has eaten 6 so far. When my technician tried to call his contact today, it rang twice and then the line went dead. He tried 4 different times. It is a piece of garbage and obviously factory service is lousy! Oh, and twice it has leaked water and ruined my laminate floors! Trash!

Date created: 2017-08-23 Name: Renee Hendrix
Location: Wetumks, OK

"COMFORTMAKER PRODUCTS ARE A RIP OFF AND THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING MORE THAN CROOKS"
We had 2 comfortmaker heat and air units installed in our new build back in 2010. First winter we had installer Arthur's Steve Heating & a/c Holdenville, ok return to our home because our units would not heat and after several visits he was never able to fix the problem. Then summer rolls around and to no surprise the piece of junk units didn't cool either so after about 6 visits and still no change we are stuck with 2 crappy units that do not work. We called and called Steve Arthur to return to our home and fix these units or replace, which he came back out a few more times unsuccessful as always. Now he did repairs and replace crap on these units, but they still never ever cooled or heated our home. We have had window units in heating towers through out our home to do what these sucky units were supposed to do. We try to get help from Steve Arthur to get them replaced and he was too lazy and had no work ethic whatsoever stuck us with this problem to deal with ourselves. Well Steve what comes around goes around and you will have to answer for the way you treated people as well as this company knowingly ripping hard working people off. Do not purchase comfortmaker products. They are both CROOKS.....Oh and most recently our attic unit freezes and saturates our living room ceiling so not we have to hire someone to repair ceiling and paint. By the way we have had multiple ac repair men come out after Steve Arthur left us high and dry to deal with the problem and none of them have been able to figure it out either. All have said you just need to replace the units they are CRAP....Steve knew they were crap and he still sold them to us...

Date created: 2017-07-24 Name: D. Johnson
Location: Clearwater, FL

"Disgusted"
Read all these reviews about the Coils Freezing Up and the Freon repeated leaking out. Now I had a unit installed in Mar 2016 and the Annual Maintenance check done May 2017 the same issues arose, after the Freon leaked out 3 times and now I get the same story about the Coil replacement. I have a warranty good till 2026 and now the installer tells me "Oh they have been having Problems with these Ice issues". WTH! then why are the selling these and how come the Manufacturer hasn't recalled them? I guess I am headed to the Consumer Support in Wash to show them a fraud of the public advertisements and selling products they know are faulty to just keep charging for repeated expensive service calls that cover "Almost Nothing". Living in Florida where it is blistering hot for 10 months a year they have you by the throat to get comfort but the Name comfort Maker is a joke to me. RUN--don't walk away from this company they do not stand behind their product.

Date created: 2017-07-15 Name: Wanda Branch
Location: Lowell, NC

"Wanda"
I got my units 2 1/2 years ago paid 5000 get it put in and all ready have a leak it's costing me 500.00 get it fixed this is a joke I very pissed about this never had one to go out on me like this.

Date created: 2017-06-29 Name: Bob
Location: Sarasota, FL

"Customer Complaint"
I've only had this unit for three years and it started freezing up (as far as I know) a couple of days ago, the tech is scheduled for the morning and of course I'm sitting with no cold air (lights on , but nobody home) (runs but just hot air) My old unit was 19 years old and was starting to need charging every couple of years and the fan motor had gone once but is was almost 20. This is three years old and is giving me problems!! I'm in fl we use our units 10 months out of the year. I can't see me ever having a "Comfortmaker" attached to my house again

Date created: 2017-06-20 Name: Alan Schmidlkofer
Location: New Holstein, WI

"unhappy customer of Dealer"
Installed June 2013/ used 2 months in 2013, 3 months 2014, 3 months 2015 and 3 months 2016. This is a high calculation of usage because some of these days we did not use it. Turned it on this summer and it blew cold air. Called our installer in New Holstein, Wisconsin. Pethan Air services. Eric the repair man came to the house and checked the furnace down stairs and then went outside and took the shroud off the unit. After checking all wires and found them secure he pressure and found only 50 lbs. That was too low so he went to our basement and took a reading down there and only found 50 lbs. After spending much time looking for the leak in the coil which he could not find he sealed things up and decided it was a leak in the coil. He said he would order a new coil that would take a couple of days to receive. He said this was the 3rd or 4th one he has changed. This is all okay on your part because the part from you was not charged for. Now when the part comes in to the installer Eric comes over and replaces the coil. Everything is now fine. Now comes the bad part. I get a bill from Pethan for $482.83. It shows $336.00 labor and the balance small items to the balance of the bill. I get the bill in the mail and I take it back to Pethan and give it to the girl at the desk telling her I will not pay that amount. I then left the office. A couple of days later I get the same bill back but highlighted on the bill was "in order to satisfy you Paul has agreed to settle this bill for $300.00 if paid in 10 Days. My wife went to his business place and gave him $300.00 in cash. He asked my wife if I haggle on the price of a cup of coffee. Non of his business. He then says should you need any other repairs in your unit go to another repair shop. What the hell happens to the balance of my 10 year warranty. That is no way to talk to a customer who is my wife

Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: Frank. W
Location: Largo, FL

"3 ton 13 seer"
A/C Blower motor unit had to be replaced after less than 3 years usage. We live in MHP & 2 neighbors with same brand (Comfortmaker) needed blower motors replaced. This makes 4 replacement blower motors on just 3 units. Just as important Rosensteel (company that sold us the AC charged us $385.50 to replace the blower motor still under warranty. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND COMFORTMAKER BRAND A/C and just as critical stay away from Rosensteel in Largo Florida. This blower motor obviously has a very serious engineering flaw.

Date created: 2017-05-25 Name: J. Spears
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

"Saving Big $$$ with my Comfortmaker in Florida"
I purchased this Comfortmaker in July of 2015 when my old unit decided to die. My thermostat read it was 99 degrees in here but, you must remember it only has two digits. I am somewhat frugal and was new to Florida, so I called companies from a to Z. At first I was dead set against a Comfortmaker but, as the week wore on, I wasn't thrilled with any of the manufacturers. There are good and bad things about every maker out there. American Standard to Trane. What ultimately sold me was the company that sold it to me, they told me if I wasn't happy in 6 months, they'd swap it with anything I asked for. Well, long story short, I am thrilled with my purchase and I'm saving $100.plus each month during the summer on my energy bill.

Date created: 2017-04-12 Name: Kathy Wilson

"Expensive Disaster"
I have 2 Comfortmaker units that were installed by the contractor in my brand new custom home. Both units failed within the first 2 years, one while under warranty, the other not. The units in the attic flooded the ceilings in the living room and kitchen both before and after we closed, causing the ceiling drywall to have to be re textured and painted. That was just the start, they have had to have various portions replaced every couple of years. Have spent as much repairing, should have just bought new units even though these were brand new in a brand new house.

Date created: 2016-08-10 Name: Erdely
Location: Erie, PA

"Awful choice"
Product was installed in 2012 and has been nothing but problems. Slim pickings of technicians to service the unit that is still under warranty. Had to use a technician outside of their list to find the actual problem, then return to their technicians to get the replacement part. By the time things get repaired, I'll spend the same amount in service fees this year as the whole system cost when it was new. Manufacturer didn't care the least about the issues.