Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-08-10 Name: Erdely
Location: Erie, PA

"Awful choice"
Product was installed in 2012 and has been nothing but problems. Slim pickings of technicians to service the unit that is still under warranty. Had to use a technician outside of their list to find the actual problem, then return to their technicians to get the replacement part. By the time things get repaired, I'll spend the same amount in service fees this year as the whole system cost when it was new. Manufacturer didn't care the least about the issues.

Date created: 2016-07-23 Name: robert
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Going on 32 years"
Installed in 1984 and they have been giving us cool summers and hot winters ever since. One pound of R12 per year and we are good to go for another year. Pretty sure we are going to replace this fall, just because.

Date created: 2016-05-20 Name: Robert Spangler
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Comfortmaker AC"
I had a "new" Comfortmaker installed on my home in 2011 in July. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. The temperature that summer was about 116 degrees. The AC started blowing warm air after 2 weeks. The contractor came out and said the coil had a leak and all of the refrigerant had leaked out. After 3 weeks and a second contractor later, the unit lasted the remaining few months of summer. After starting the unit for the following summer, the coil failed again after only 2 months of use. I am now on my 4th coil and dreading this summer. I'm afraid to turn the damn thing on! I've had 3 different contractors come out and inspect it and no one can tell me why it keeps leaking out all of the refrigerant. My advice: Avoid these units like the plague!

Date created: 2016-05-10 Name: John
Location: Texas

"The quality of installation matters a lot."
The quality of installation matters a lot. It's not the products, the problem is who installed the products. Think about it. Installing an A/C unit improperly can decrease its operating efficiency and as well damage the compressor, You need to make sure that you’re receiving professional service. Make sure the company inspects all your duct work to see if there is a leak.

Date created: 2015-11-11 Name: Jeanne fisk

"Awful"
My AC guy put in several of these since 2013. 1 of the units replaced with the same size as the one pulled, now he tells me the unit is too small. The other unit does not cool below 80 and N**** T**** HVAC tells me nothing is wrong, yet the previous unit worked fine and cooled. I think the units are bad but also my HVAC contractor is bad.

Date created: 2015-08-11 Name: Teresa Holder
Location: Gilmer, TX

"Cools great but always needs service"
My combo unit AC/heat was installed in November, 2010. I live in Texas and the first summer I used the AC was 2011. The compressor fan failed on July 3rd that year. Walter's Air came out that day and replaced the part without charging me. I have had the same problem for 4 summers since then with the exception being 2014, I think. It's out again as I'm typing this. I love the unit. It's quiet, parts are easy to find (so the installer says) and it cools my house without any effort. I have a 3 ton for a 1400 square foot house. I love the unit, just not the unpredictable (now predictable) issues with the compressor fan or module or whatever the issue is. Anyway, the heater is great! I have had no issues with the heating system whatsoever.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: T. Collard
Location: Abilene, TX

"Good so far"
Replaced a 20-year-old Rheem unit with a Comfortmaker CCA7 (seer 17) unit in the spring of 2014, along with a new natural gas furnace. So far, cooling bills are down by 50%, and the unit seem to be performing well. We live in West Central Texas, temperatures get to triple digits, and the unit does not seem to be struggling to cool the house. Condenser is very quiet, unit appears very well built, and coils are easy to clean. When the city inspector came to inspect the installation, he remarked that he was very impressed with the unit.

Date created: 2015-07-26 Name: D Hurst
Location: Naples, FL

"Compressor out in 13 months"
Had installed on 06-06-14. Compressor died on 07-15. Had the contractor come out and he didn't even have to test it, he knew it was the compressor right away. 10-year warranty on the compressor but $595.00 labor. They have to put Freon in the new compressor. One month out of warranty. So don't think you're getting a free no-hassle replacement. They definitely took advantage of this 81-year-old woman. I had a Trane AC unit for years and had no trouble with it. I thought when they replaced my old unit I would be getting the same kind I had. They give me this junk called Comfortmaker. I'm on Social Security and live alone and they charged over $6000.00 for this thing and it dies after a year. What a shame.

Date created: 2015-07-15 Name: g zimmer
Location: Safety Harbor, FL

"Motor issue"
On my third motor since the new unit was installed in November, 2012. Company covers the motor each time but dealer labor bills are $275. Big mistake in not checking the reviews before we purchased Comfortmaker. Called headquarters, no recalls and no other form of reimbursement.

Date created: 2015-06-24 Name: SARAH SIMMONS
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Cannot get parts for repairs"
I purchased my Comfortmaker on 2/18/2015 and have had nothing but problems with it freezing up. The service could not find the problems at first and when they did find out what was wrong, they could not find the parts to fix it. I have waited three days and it is not fixed yet. Still waiting on parts in a 100 degree temperature. I'm very unhappy with the product.