Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Read more about Comfortmaker central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-08-26 Name: Margaret K
Location: Lexington, KY

"Love the Comfortmaker"
Love the Comfortmaker AC unit. It is quiet and efficient and the 10 year No Hassle warranty is the best warranty of any brand that I researched.

Date created: 2015-08-11 Name: Teresa Holder
Location: Gilmer, TX

"Cools great but always needs service"
My combo unit AC/heat was installed in November, 2010. I live in Texas and the first summer I used the AC was 2011. The compressor fan failed on July 3rd that year. Walter's Air came out that day and replaced the part without charging me. I have had the same problem for 4 summers since then with the exception being 2014, I think. It's out again as I'm typing this. I love the unit. It's quiet, parts are easy to find (so the installer says) and it cools my house without any effort. I have a 3 ton for a 1400 square foot house. I love the unit, just not the unpredictable (now predictable) issues with the compressor fan or module or whatever the issue is. Anyway, the heater is great! I have had no issues with the heating system whatsoever.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: T. Collard
Location: Abilene, TX

"Good so far"
Replaced a 20-year-old Rheem unit with a Comfortmaker CCA7 (seer 17) unit in the spring of 2014, along with a new natural gas furnace. So far, cooling bills are down by 50%, and the unit seem to be performing well. We live in West Central Texas, temperatures get to triple digits, and the unit does not seem to be struggling to cool the house. Condenser is very quiet, unit appears very well built, and coils are easy to clean. When the city inspector came to inspect the installation, he remarked that he was very impressed with the unit.

Date created: 2015-07-26 Name: D Hurst
Location: Naples, FL

"Compressor out in 13 months"
Had installed on 06-06-14. Compressor died on 07-15. Had the contractor come out and he didn't even have to test it, he knew it was the compressor right away. 10-year warranty on the compressor but $595.00 labor. They have to put Freon in the new compressor. One month out of warranty. So don't think you're getting a free no-hassle replacement. They definitely took advantage of this 81-year-old woman. I had a Trane AC unit for years and had no trouble with it. I thought when they replaced my old unit I would be getting the same kind I had. They give me this junk called Comfortmaker. I'm on Social Security and live alone and they charged over $6000.00 for this thing and it dies after a year. What a shame.

Date created: 2015-07-15 Name: g zimmer
Location: Safety Harbor, FL

"Motor issue"
On my third motor since the new unit was installed in November, 2012. Company covers the motor each time but dealer labor bills are $275. Big mistake in not checking the reviews before we purchased Comfortmaker. Called headquarters, no recalls and no other form of reimbursement.

Date created: 2015-06-24 Name: SARAH SIMMONS
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Cannot get parts for repairs"
I purchased my Comfortmaker on 2/18/2015 and have had nothing but problems with it freezing up. The service could not find the problems at first and when they did find out what was wrong, they could not find the parts to fix it. I have waited three days and it is not fixed yet. Still waiting on parts in a 100 degree temperature. I'm very unhappy with the product.

Date created: 2015-05-16 Name: S. Hawkins
Location: Texas

"$600 part broken at 4 1/2 years"
Installed by a home builder who was a crook. The circulating fan has died. The unit was installed in 2010. The replacement cost $600. Labor will run the repair cost up to nearly $1000. Piece of junk.

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: V.Murray
Location: North Carolina

"Very, very, very dissatisfied"
We purchased a home in 2005 and the ComforMaker came with the home. This A/C is a bunch of junk. We start having problems with this unit after 7 years in the home. Now we have to replace the units within 10 years. I hate this unit and we would never recommend any products from this company.

Date created: 2015-04-07 Name: Randy Childers
Location: Bedford, TX

"Dont buy Comfortmaker"
Had a Comfortmaker hvac unit put in 10 days ago and it's already broke down, what a piece of crap! I have a second repair man out here and he says Comfortmaker puts in a poor quality circuit breaker component in the unit and he always replaces them with a better quality one when he installs the unit. I recommend not to buy Comfortmaker.

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: R. Griffin

"Best purchase I ever made"
I recently had a Comfortmaker system installed in my house and I couldn't be happier, from the unmatched warranties to the amount of money it has already saved me. I would highly recommend Comfortmaker products to all my friends and family!