Consumer Reviews of COMFORT-AIRE central air conditioners

Read more about COMFORT-AIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2019-08-02 Name: des jastak
Location: Meaford Ontario Canada

"Junk product"
I bought this air conditioner 6 years ago, just a piece of garbage. Stay away from comfort are. Nothing but problems from day one, absolutely no service from these people.

Date created: 2019-06-28 Name: K Manson
Location: Myakka Head, FL

"Ran 3 months and motor dead."
The installing company denied the warranty of the system. Installed the end of the season, then ran 3 months and quit the following summer. They blamed rats eating wires but a different company came out and there is no sign of rats in motor, they say it looks new but think it may be refurbished. I did not purchase or agree to refurbished but the motor should not have died with 3 months use. Now after a 4 thousand dollar new system installed, I am spending hundreds to replace a motor that should never have died. I would never purchase this product line again, buyer beware.
Date created: 2019-06-15 Name: WHamlett
Location: Claremont, CA

"Itís been 20+ years"
We purchased Our Comfort a/c unit in the summer of 1998. It seems like every three or four years we have had it serviced and I donít recall it ever going out on us. Pretty good record in my books!
Date created: 2019-04-27 Name: jerry marchese
Location: Long Island , NY

"Fan making banging. 5 year old."
Rsn1342s1e is 5 years old. Can't find parts. Fan motor making loud banging. Needs a new fan motor.
Date created: 2018-08-28 Name: Irene MacDonald
Location: Delaware, On.

"Mold"
I'm wondering if anyone has a mold issue with this unit. All I see is black mold in my unit. I use Javax to clean this black off, but am asking this now as I've lived here for 7 years. And have a breathing problem now, sore throat and flu like symptoms, started getting sick a year ago and now am so sick, I can hardly do anything. Will be seeing medical workers this Friday.
Date created: 2018-07-16 Name: J Crandall
Location: ramsey nj

"Very satisfied"
Three and a half years and super happy with the unit. Saved $3,000 over the competitive brands in the same area. Works great, efficient, no problems whatsoever.
Date created: 2018-06-30 Name: MsSteno

"No cold air blowing"
Haven't even had for 1 month yet and it hasn't blown out cold air yet. Don't buy this air conditioner, it's a piece of junk.
Date created: 2017-09-19 Name: Leigh
Location: Brooklyn, NY

"AC Broke after 2.5 years"
I never write reviews but our ac broke after 2 years and 4 months in our brand new apartment and the company won't answer calls or get back to you about any sort of warranty. Do not buy this product. Writing this as a warning so another person doesn't have to go through this.
Date created: 2017-07-31 Name: J. Wingrove
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Servicing the Canadian Marketplace"
My hvac repair technician ordered a control board for my cottage air conditioner over 5 weeks ago and the manufacturer which I presume is Heat Controller Inc., Says they have a policy that they will not ship a single replacement part to Canada unless they get a bulk order. How client Centric is that? If a company is not prepared to assist it's clients than why should the Canadian Gov't allow them to sell their product in Canada! The unit has operated just fine until the control board went. I am not complaining about the unit as you can appreciate any unit can break down. The issue is holding clients hostage in getting reliable replacement part to fix the unit in a timely fashion. Why not allow clients to pick up the added shipping cost?
Date created: 2017-07-30 Name: Rick
Location: Ohio

"Comfort air"
Had a comfort air 2 ton central air unit installed in spring of 1996 and its sill going (July 2017) only had to the Freon topped off once.