Consumer Reviews of COMFORT-AIRE central air conditioners

Read more about COMFORT-AIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-07-31 Name: J. Wingrove
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Servicing the Canadian Marketplace"
My HVAC repair technician ordered a control board for my cottage air conditioner over 5 weeks ago and the manufacturer which I presume is Heat Controller Inc., Says they have a policy that they will not ship a single replacement part to Canada unless they get a bulk order. How client Centric is that? If a company is not prepared to assist it's clients than why should the Canadian Gov't allow them to sell their product in Canada! The unit has operated just fine until the control board went. I am not complaining about the unit as you can appreciate any unit can break down. The issue is holding clients hostage in getting reliable replacement part to fix the unit in a timely fashion. Why not allow clients to pick up the added shipping cost?

Date created: 2017-07-30 Name: Rick
Location: Ohio

"Comfort air"
Had a comfort air 2 ton central air unit installed in spring of 1996 and its sill going (July 2017) only had to the Freon topped off once,

Date created: 2017-06-30 Name: bob madebach
Location: Sarasota, FL

"Service and warranty sucks"
2.5 years of service and my unit is blowing warm air. Service tech tests unit and tells me "your Freon has evaporated from the heat" Sorry boy, there is a leak! I call Comfortmaker and find out that they will only replace defective parts, not the Freon (sold with unit) and I have to pay labor for their garbage parts to be replaced! What! Ac units should not ever have to be recharged and if there are crappy parts I should have them replaced free, labor and Freon included. No one should ever buy a Comfortmaker a/c and do not have it replaced or repaired by Mastos heat and air in Sarasota Florida

Date created: 2017-06-15 Name: Joe B
Location: New Jersey

"Nice!"
Two floor 2400 Sq ft home with a 4 ton Comfort-Aire central a/c unit.No heat pump set up. Only in my 3rd year but the unit has been great.

Date created: 2017-06-03 Name: mark
Location: Lansing, MI

"Air conditioner"
Very loud then fan slows down and then makes thumping noises this is the second comfort air that does this what a piece of crap used three months.

Date created: 2017-03-07 Name: Mrs. Robin Uhr
Location: Nassau, NY

"Two winters of repair men each week"
I bought the "comfort aire" heat controller heat pump that cools in the summer and heats in the fall spring and winter. Well, it worked great in the summer as an air conditioner, but for two winter and cooler months, it has not worked right at all. I am calling the repair guy every week, and sometimes daily. It keeps giving me an error message "E1" and then doesn't work at all. I am so disappointed in the unit and tired of having to be home when they come fix it. Fifteen or more times they have come to the house to fix, replace the computer boards, replace the whole outdoor unit, replace the wiring, you name it, they have replaced it. Now I am trying to get my money back to put in a different brand. Arrgg!

Date created: 2016-05-18 Name: d sancimino
Location: New York

"20 year old Tempstar worked better"
Loud, small, cheap and weak. Do not buy this piece of junk from Mexico.

Date created: 2015-05-25 Location: Leavenworth, KS

"Adequate Air Conditioner"
I have owned the A/C unit for about 6 months now. The unit is fairly quiet and does a good enough job of providing cool air into our large home (2700+ sq ft). I would step up a notch on the size (go bigger than 4 tons) on a house this large as this A/C unit does have a little trouble when it gets hot keeping up. That could be because 4 tons is right on the edge of being able to support our house size. I think for a 2000-2500 square foot house you would find the A/C unit perfectly matched. Would recommend!

Date created: 2013-07-08 Name: Wayne Petitto
Location: MASSACHUSETTS

"Bottom of the AC Lines"
Comfort-Aire is the cheapest quality air conditioner you can buy. I have two for dual zones. I repair them every year. Fan motors with thermal protection that doesn't work. They get damage from the heat they produce. Caps that fail. Just cheap, cheap, cheap. They are loud too, very loud. Did I say they are loud. Be wise with your money and buy anything else and you won't feel you need to warn other people. The people who say they are great are from Mars.