Consumer Reviews of COMFORT-AIRE central air conditioners

Read more about COMFORT-AIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-03-07 Name: Mrs. Robin Uhr
Location: Nassau, NY

"Two winters of repair men each week"
I bought the "comfort aire" heat controller heat pump that cools in the summer and heats in the fall spring and winter. Well, it worked great in the summer as an air conditioner, but for two winter and cooler months, it has not worked right at all. I am calling the repair guy every week, and sometimes daily. It keeps giving me an error message "E1" and then doesn't work at all. I am so disappointed in the unit and tired of having to be home when they come fix it. Fifteen or more times they have come to the house to fix, replace the computer boards, replace the whole outdoor unit, replace the wiring, you name it, they have replaced it. Now I am trying to get my money back to put in a different brand. Arrgg!

Date created: 2016-05-18 Name: d sancimino
Location: New York

"20 year old Tempstar worked better"
Loud, small, cheap and weak. Do not buy this piece of junk from Mexico.

Date created: 2015-05-25 Location: Leavenworth, KS

"Adequate Air Conditioner"
I have owned the A/C unit for about 6 months now. The unit is fairly quiet and does a good enough job of providing cool air into our large home (2700+ sq ft). I would step up a notch on the size (go bigger than 4 tons) on a house this large as this A/C unit does have a little trouble when it gets hot keeping up. That could be because 4 tons is right on the edge of being able to support our house size. I think for a 2000-2500 square foot house you would find the A/C unit perfectly matched. Would recommend!

Date created: 2013-07-08 Name: Wayne Petitto
Location: MASSACHUSETTS

"Bottom of the AC Lines"
Comfort-Aire is the cheapest quality air conditioner you can buy. I have two for dual zones. I repair them every year. Fan motors with thermal protection that doesn't work. They get damage from the heat they produce. Caps that fail. Just cheap, cheap, cheap. They are loud too, very loud. Did I say they are loud. Be wise with your money and buy anything else and you won't feel you need to warn other people. The people who say they are great are from Mars.