Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: J Parker
Location: SE Texas

"Always needs Freon"
I have had this unit for 4 years. The first year was fine and then problems with freezing up. Always having to have freon put into unit. Replaced inside coils but still have problems. Purchased extended warranty but dealer did not send end now I have no extended warranty and a ac unit that needs freon every 15 to 20 days. Still paying for unit at credit union, really sucks.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: eloise
Location: florida

"Unhappy"
Have had 3 service calls in one year! Every time I leave for more than two days I need freon again. Technician says they all are leaking and I need to replace my coils. Is anyone else having these types of problems for coleman brand?

Date created: 2011-07-06 Name: ac contractor
Location: Minnesota

"No cool"
I own a ac company. We currently installed several Coleman units and are not at all happy with johnson controls support with coil and leaking water issues. to us as contractors. I called a a.c. company that is currently in a lawsuit against johnson controls and spoke with the owner. He says j.c. has paid his customers full refund for replacement of the defective units but they had to contact attorneys but they won on contingency. He also said he no longer sells the units. Contractors beware..___

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: john
Location: bridge city tx.

"Ac coil leaks and micro channel technology"
Microchannel Coleman and York units are defective. Johnsoncontrols is being sued

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: chad
Location: nederland

"Johnson controls"
Coleman is being sued for coil leaks

Date created: 2011-03-04 Name: Sue Smith
Location: ohio

"VERY GOOD PRODUCT"
I've had this Coleman unit for 14 years and haven't had a bit of trouble. I've regularly maintained it.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: Katie
Location: port neches tx

"Johnson controls york coleman lux air"
Members of my church and community are experiencing coil failures and factory is saying my ac company is the only one around having this problem. My ac company 'Rutty and Morris' has been very concerned and helpful and even offered to replace entire system free. The factory: Johnson controls will not get my business again nor will i ever buy another coleman product again. I will however recommend to anyone that 'Rutty and Morris' stands behind what they sell..thank you Rutty and Morris!

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: amy
Location: texas

"Coleman coil leaks"
3rd coleman coil and leaking water damaged ductwork with mold .. and needs freon again...u decide..very unhappy ..no support from factory: johnson controls

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: c. smith
Location: s.e. texas

"Echelon coleman r410a and york reviews"
Coleman units have defective evaporator coils they also have poor condensate management problems. do not recommend this or york brands. factory denies problem but contractors in our area having serious problems with them. self destructing..

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: coleman sucks
Location: arkansas

"Don't buy this junk"
Bought this 4 ton unit in 2001, only had a one year warranty and you would know 1 year and one month later it quit. repair man said just buy another one wasn't worth fixing.