Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: chad
Location: nederland

"Johnson controls"
Coleman is being sued for coil leaks

Date created: 2011-03-04 Name: Sue Smith
Location: ohio

"VERY GOOD PRODUCT"
I've had this Coleman unit for 14 years and haven't had a bit of trouble. I've regularly maintained it.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: Katie
Location: port neches tx

"Johnson controls york coleman lux air"
Members of my church and community are experiencing coil failures and factory is saying my ac company is the only one around having this problem. My ac company 'Rutty and Morris' has been very concerned and helpful and even offered to replace entire system free. The factory: Johnson controls will not get my business again nor will i ever buy another coleman product again. I will however recommend to anyone that 'Rutty and Morris' stands behind what they sell..thank you Rutty and Morris!

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: amy
Location: texas

"Coleman coil leaks"
3rd coleman coil and leaking water damaged ductwork with mold .. and needs freon again...u decide..very unhappy ..no support from factory: johnson controls

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: c. smith
Location: s.e. texas

"Echelon coleman r410a and york reviews"
Coleman units have defective evaporator coils they also have poor condensate management problems. do not recommend this or york brands. factory denies problem but contractors in our area having serious problems with them. self destructing..

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: coleman sucks
Location: arkansas

"Don't buy this junk"
Bought this 4 ton unit in 2001, only had a one year warranty and you would know 1 year and one month later it quit. repair man said just buy another one wasn't worth fixing.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: R. Frazier

"Coleman A/C performance"
I had Coleman units installed when I built a new house in 1996. One split gas furnace 2.0 ton A/C central unit (1125 Sq Ft) and one 1.5 ton heat pump unit (680 sq ft). I had deal with Coleman A/C unit before on two rental units I owned and I didn't think they were very good units. Both units were in service well over ten years before they needed any service. The heat pump had a circuit board problem ($200 part and $85 service fee to replace) and a run capacitor went bad ($10 self service replacement). Somewhere around year 12 or 13, the heat pump needed a freon charge each year and just last year and again last month I have had the freon charge for the A/C unit. So after close to 15 years, these units have served me pretty well. I am now looking to replace these units with another brand with a little higher eff ratings. But these have been very solid units for the price.

Date created: 2009-09-15 Name: M. Clare
Location: South Texas

"Pretty good for me"
I had this 3 ton Coleman installed as a replacement. I've a serviceman out twice in 13 years, both times for minor problems. I'm sure it's not the more efficient unit going and when it's running, the outside condensor is pushing out that hot, south Texas air, but hey...it's cool inside.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Walt Rowand

"Very NOISY and breaks down"
Every time this ac comes on I think there's a fire alarm sounding! It's got to be the loudest thing ever made! Besides that, it's broken down twice in 2 years and now I go to turn it on for the first time this year and guess what??? Nothing but warm air coming out of the vents! Buyer beware of Coleman. Unreliable, loud pos!

Date created: 2009-03-22 Name: COLEMAN

"Warranty honored, BUT..."
Bought new home that builder put a Coleman-York 5 ton ac system into. Air handler blower motor crapped out the 2nd summer. Good news - the 5 yr. PARTS warranty was honored - good since the replacement motor cost appx. $500. Bad news was that it took just over a WEEK for it to arrive. Bad news - the LABOR to replace the motor was almost $200. Rated this as a neutral - just the facts as we saw them...your mileage will almost certainly vary.