Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-01-18 Name: m padawer
Location: germantown,tn

"19 year old system"
I have had 19 year old system installed by a local hvac company here in the memphis, TN area; used to split my system as I only had one system in a 2 story house; was very satisfied with contractor and have been pretty much been satisfied with the coleman system; not too many repairs over the years other than the normal things; I did have the coils changed about 8 years ago and now the coil is leaking again, which I had to add some costly freon last summer; I am now contemplating replacing my system; have been satisfied with coleman, but I think I will replace with another mf, not sure @ this point, but would recommend the coleman

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Marius Corbin

"Very satisfied with Coleman service"
I had some issues with 2 Marine rooftop A/C's and the response from Coleman and their subsidiary rv Products was exceptional. They went way pass their obligations to make sure I was satisfied. I would never consider buying any other make.
Date created: 2012-11-07 Name: Marius Corbin
Location: Miami FL

"2 bad units"
I bought 2 Coleman Mach units of 13,500 BTU's in February 08 with the extended warranty of 3 years. 1 unit had to be replaced this year after constant service calls that were not covered by warranty. It leaked gas and was not working when I needed it the most. The other unit just gave up after less than 4 years. They are really bad units and not worth the money. I am in Florida and I need a/c. It did not work when I needed it the most. Do not buy Coleman A/C unit
Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: Robert B.
Location: Orange, Tx

"3 compressors"
My house is not even 4 years old and I've been thru 3 compressors, replaced one fan on the outside unit, had my unit charged 2 other times besides when replacing the compressors, and will soon need a coil replacement. This unit has been nothing but trouble. I would tell anyone to stay away from Coleman and anything Johnson Controls has anything to do with. The customer service from the manufacture was less than acceptable. All my problems were handled promptly by my local repair company with little support from the manufacture. I would just like my money back and go with another brand.
Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: J Parker
Location: SE Texas

"Always needs Freon"
I have had this unit for 4 years. The first year was fine and then problems with freezing up. Always having to have freon put into unit. Replaced inside coils but still have problems. Purchased extended warranty but dealer did not send end now I have no extended warranty and a ac unit that needs freon every 15 to 20 days. Still paying for unit at credit union, really sucks.
Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: eloise
Location: florida

"Unhappy"
Have had 3 service calls in one year! Every time I leave for more than two days I need freon again. Technician says they all are leaking and I need to replace my coils. Is anyone else having these types of problems for coleman brand?
Date created: 2011-07-06 Name: ac contractor
Location: Minnesota

"No cool"
I own a ac company. We currently installed several Coleman units and are not at all happy with johnson controls support with coil and leaking water issues. to us as contractors. I called a a.c. company that is currently in a lawsuit against johnson controls and spoke with the owner. He says j.c. has paid his customers full refund for replacement of the defective units but they had to contact attorneys but they won on contingency. He also said he no longer sells the units. Contractors beware..___
Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: john
Location: bridge city tx.

"Ac coil leaks and micro channel technology"
Microchannel Coleman and York units are defective. Johnsoncontrols is being sued
Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: chad
Location: nederland

"Johnson controls"
Coleman is being sued for coil leaks
Date created: 2011-03-04 Name: Sue Smith
Location: ohio

"VERY GOOD PRODUCT"
I've had this Coleman unit for 14 years and haven't had a bit of trouble. I've regularly maintained it.