Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-09-15 Name: M. Clare
Location: South Texas

"Pretty good for me"
I had this 3 ton Coleman installed as a replacement. I've a serviceman out twice in 13 years, both times for minor problems. I'm sure it's not the more efficient unit going and when it's running, the outside condensor is pushing out that hot, south Texas air, but hey...it's cool inside.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Walt Rowand

"Very NOISY and breaks down"
Every time this ac comes on I think there's a fire alarm sounding! It's got to be the loudest thing ever made! Besides that, it's broken down twice in 2 years and now I go to turn it on for the first time this year and guess what??? Nothing but warm air coming out of the vents! Buyer beware of Coleman. Unreliable, loud pos!

Date created: 2009-03-22 Name: COLEMAN

"Warranty honored, BUT..."
Bought new home that builder put a Coleman-York 5 ton ac system into. Air handler blower motor crapped out the 2nd summer. Good news - the 5 yr. PARTS warranty was honored - good since the replacement motor cost appx. $500. Bad news was that it took just over a WEEK for it to arrive. Bad news - the LABOR to replace the motor was almost $200. Rated this as a neutral - just the facts as we saw them...your mileage will almost certainly vary.

Date created: 2008-08-04 Name: B Lindsay
Location: Midwest

"Coleman Presidential 11 A/C"
I have a Coleman Presidential 11 central air unit. It is 28 years old, and only had a condenser fan replaced 8 years ago. It is fairly efficient for its age. In 2004 it developed a leak. I had to keep adding freon about every 3 months during use and a lot after winter in the spring. One service man said to replace it. I got another service man to put in a central air sealant, and it has been working fine the last 4 years without having to add any freon at all. I would say that is pretty good for a 28year old unit.

Date created: 2008-07-24 Name: D Reeves
Location: Arlington, TX

"Worked like a champ"
Moved into a house about 5 years ago that had a 10 year old Coleman condensing unit. The only problem I ever had was that ants crawled up into a contactor, but the technician laughed it off and refused payment for cleaning them out. I recently ended up replacing the whole system with a high efficiency system when a leak developed on the inside coil. 15 years is a pretty good life span for an HVAC system.