Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-11-27 Name: F Taverna
Location: Staten Island New York

"Great System"
I had a new Coleman AC5B system installed in my house complete with ductwork and a zoning package. I have two thermostats that control separate parts of the house to give me wonderful comfort and energy savings. It is quite comfortable and without one problem. I would recommend it to anybody as a system that will give you top quality at a reasonable cost.

Date created: 2013-10-11 Name: Dick Morse
Location: Florida

"Revolv/Coleman 5-ton Package"
4 days after installation, the unit failed! After having a local A/C service confirm the failure that I had to pay for, with the manufacture they have done nothing? I have called their tech group only to leave a message no one will answer the phone? They did call me back 3 days later only to insult me. I spoke with someone whom I believe is the owner of the company and he promised me that they would take care of the problem asap, only to be lied to. It's been 4 days now and still have no A/C after spending $2500.00 on a piece of junk?

Date created: 2013-07-11 Name: Cheryl
Location: NW MN

"Leaky Unit!!!"
Purchased this unit for installation on new home less than 5 years ago. Started having issues after 4. I have coped and must have it for the humidity in Northwestern Minnesota. As soon as I was up here full time the unit started giving us issues losing the coolant. Been filled at least 6 times and the leak can't be found. Unit wasn't used overly much before last year. Already expended $600 and am unemployed, can go no further. O-rings missing or installed incorrectly at factory!

Date created: 2013-07-06 Name: Maureen Hawkins
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada

"Bad Quality and Worse Service"
A few years ago, I had a Coleman central air conditioner installed. It ran fine for about 3 days, then the weather cooled off. The next summer, it didn't work due to a tiny hole in the compressor. I suspect it was defective or damaged in transit or installation. Coleman replaced it but I was charged almost $600 for labour. This year, I turned it on for the first time since it was "fixed". It didn't work. You have been waiting a week for the Coleman distributor to return my repair company's call. This air conditioner, to date, has cost almost $2000/day to run and still doesn'T.

Date created: 2013-01-18 Name: m padawer
Location: germantown,tn

"19 year old system"
I have had 19 year old system installed by a local hvac company here in the memphis, TN area; used to split my system as I only had one system in a 2 story house; was very satisfied with contractor and have been pretty much been satisfied with the coleman system; not too many repairs over the years other than the normal things; I did have the coils changed about 8 years ago and now the coil is leaking again, which I had to add some costly freon last summer; I am now contemplating replacing my system; have been satisfied with coleman, but I think I will replace with another mf, not sure @ this point, but would recommend the coleman

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Marius Corbin

"Very satisfied with Coleman service"
I had some issues with 2 Marine rooftop A/C's and the response from Coleman and their subsidiary rv Products was exceptional. They went way pass their obligations to make sure I was satisfied. I would never consider buying any other make.

Date created: 2012-11-07 Name: Marius Corbin
Location: Miami FL

"2 bad units"
I bought 2 Coleman Mach units of 13,500 BTU's in February 08 with the extended warranty of 3 years. 1 unit had to be replaced this year after constant service calls that were not covered by warranty. It leaked gas and was not working when I needed it the most. The other unit just gave up after less than 4 years. They are really bad units and not worth the money. I am in Florida and I need a/c. It did not work when I needed it the most. Do not buy Coleman A/C unit

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Gary Hamlet
Location: Durham, NC

"Great Unit"
We had a cce dealer (coleman certified expert) install our system, so we knew that they were qualified to install such a complicated system. To date this system has saved used close to 1,800.00 in annual utilities. I have a Echelon 16 seer air conditioner with the modulating 98% efficiency furnace installed 2 years ago and I have been very pleased. This unit delivers the heating and cooling in my home just as the cce company promised and is much quieter than my old unit. We will definitely recommend this unit to our friends.

Date created: 2012-07-21 Name: D. Marcello
Location: New York

"Central Air Conditioner"
Would not recommend this unit or anything from coleman. Nothing but problems from start. Did not work properly during hot days. Quoted from coleman. Product of the environment. 420.00 dollar to have a kick start added to get compressor to work. Warranty manager "Lee" rude and no return phone calls from company. Known problem but blamed the hot weather in New York as the issue. Manager said that kick start kits are included on some models that are used in areas of hot weather. I bought an air conditioner for hot weather not cold. Kick start kits should be in all units and not just some. Company tried blaming distributor rather than accepting the blame for the engineering flaw. If they don't work in the heat don't sell them up north!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: Robert B.
Location: Orange, Tx

"3 compressors"
My house is not even 4 years old and I've been thru 3 compressors, replaced one fan on the outside unit, had my unit charged 2 other times besides when replacing the compressors, and will soon need a coil replacement. This unit has been nothing but trouble. I would tell anyone to stay away from Coleman and anything Johnson Controls has anything to do with. The customer service from the manufacture was less than acceptable. All my problems were handled promptly by my local repair company with little support from the manufacture. I would just like my money back and go with another brand.