Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-08-12 Name: Les Kolden
Location: Watertown, SD

"AC unit review"
The unit works very well and we're very happy with its performance.

Date created: 2015-07-05 Name: Faye Grady
Location: Houston, North Shore, TX

"Compressor installment and contractor"
My old unit was 31 years old and had only 3 motors replaced (Coleman). I have known my technician at least 10 years or more. I trust his word and improvements. I only request for him and him only. My new unit was well below my expected price (below the couple of thousand I thought I would have to pay). It took 3 hours (or a bit less) to install my new unit in Texas. The service was thorough, quick and easy on my budget (which I was able to pay outright in cash). Astro-Tex is a great company and Kenneth is an amazing technician. Thank you for all the years of service!

Date created: 2015-06-25 Name: RON
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Garbage"
The condenser coil lasted 4 years. Now the Freon ran out. The part is covered but it's costing me $560 for labor and Freon, not to mention the $250 it cost me for diagnose and to charge it up because it was so hot. Called customer service. They won't even meet me halfway with repair costs. Do not buy this garbage. Do not buy this garbage. There are way more reliable brands out there, this appears to be the bottom of the barrel.

Date created: 2015-06-23 Name: Sandra Stough
Location: Montgomery, AL

"No such size filters"
Door measures 19 inches and there are no filters that size!

Date created: 2015-06-10 Name: Kim D.
Location: Talco, TX

"Piece of junk"
My compressor has had to be replaced in 2009, 2011, 2013 and is out again. I was told by Coleman and Style Crest that there is nothing that can be done, as it only had a one-year warranty. The money I have spent replacing their defective product would have bought a new unit that is not a piece of junk. In 2013, it took over a month to get the problem fixed; lie after lie from Coleman. Horrible customer service and horrible product.

Date created: 2014-10-14 Name: N.Ritter
Location: Napa, CA

"Reliability"
My rental condo has a Coleman AC unit that is seldom used. After only 7 gentle years, it has developed a leak that cannot be repaired and the 5 year (?) warranty has expired. I have had other brands of AC units that have lasted 15-20 years. It is a shame that Coleman has so little faith in its products that it will only warranty them for 5 short years.

Date created: 2014-09-07 Name: Julie Vega
Location: Worland, WY

"Central air conditioning"
We have been very happy with our new central air conditioning. We haven't had any problems and it's worked good since the first time it was turned on.

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: George Dodgen
Location: Eureka, MO

"Very happy with performance"
Great value, very happy with performance. Much more efficient in cooling our house. Quiet unit.

Date created: 2014-08-03 Name: Mr. Professional HVAC Man

"Consumer - are you really that stupid?"
I'm a hvac contractor that has been in business since 1988. I service and repair every brand made. I can do a google search just like you and find negative reviews on every brand made. Furnaces and air conditioners are components that must be field installed and adjusted by an individual. If that individual understands and has the knowledge and skill to test and check airflow, refrigerant charge, superheat and subcool adjustment, manifold gas pressure, and system static pressure then knows how to and recommends fixes to your ductwork deficiences then you will get a system that operates according to the manufacturers specifications! If you don't understand any of the above mentioned terms - then picking a system on "brand name" is totally useless. Look at the company and individual installer first - the name on the box is meaningless. If I need a knee replaced I want to find the best skilled surgeon and cleanest hospital to do the job - I have no idea of the different "brand names" of knees - that's what I rely on my doctor to pick! Popular brand of knee won't fly if put in wrong and I get an infection do to poor installation practices and die! The internet info can make you dumb!

Date created: 2014-07-03 Name: Bill Colonna
Location: NJ

"Short Lived"
Do not buy a Coleman or any other Johnson controls brand (York, Luxaire). I have had my unit just over 5 years, right outside the warranty. It is a 3.5 ton unit, and we have used it about 40 weeks across 5 years, in the summers in nj. It has been kept clean and maintained. Now, it leaks at the coils and possibly the condenser. These are real garbage, and should be avoided. Coleman turns a deaf ear to customers.