Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-05-21 Name: C. Thomas
Location: Bothell, WA

"A/C and furnance install"
Contractor did a great job, and the unit is nice and slim so as to not take up too much space on the side of our house. Overall great experience with the unit and the installation.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: D Evans
Location: Snyder, TX

"Coleman central air"
Have had the unit for one year now. There were some problems when first installed. It was blowing fuses. The installer came back out and said it was pulling too many amps. They then installed what he called a hard start kit. This seemed to take care of the problem and so far we have had no other problems

Date created: 2016-04-24 Name: jj

"20 years and great"
I have had my Coleman AC for about 20 years. 4 ton. It's been great. Home is around 2100 square feet.

Date created: 2016-01-08 Name: JCarter
Location: West Virginia

"Absolute junk"
When we purchased the house, it came with a Coleman sun-cutter whole house air-conditioning unit. The unit was about 23 years old when we decided to replace it. The unit was still working fine, but we anticipated that it was going to fail and cost a lot of money to fix. We felt it wouldn't be worth it. Since the unit was a Coleman, and it lasted this long, why not buy another one? The unit we purchased was a Coleman 3 ton heat pump self contained unit. It is a "13 series" model UB036C. This was the biggest piece of junk ever. We have just about spent the same amount as what it cost to purchase it. It has had a compressor, reversing valve, TX valve, recharge, and now it needs a cooling fan, which the estimate shows the job to be about $450.00. We have already put over $1000 into it on one service call, then there have been several smaller ones. The original unit had never been serviced in the 23 years it was used. This new one is 4 years old and has practically been rebuilt. It now has a knocking compressor in addition to the cooling fan which died. Now we have to start again, I think I'll buy a Trane or or something. Keep in mind that Coleman and York are owned by Johnson controls. I don't want any more of their rubbish.

Date created: 2015-10-16 Name: Blake
Location: Roy, Utah

"Coleman AC purchase and install."
Our AC unit in an 18 year old house went out. I called Mike Burrows, who I had met about 40 years ago and knew that he had taken over his father's heating and air business that he'd worked in all his life. I'd run into and/or seen Mike 8 or ten times in 40 years in the Ogden/Roy area of Utah. We'd originally met while both serving lds (Mormon) missions in England, 5000 miles and a lifetime away. Mike recommended the Coleman product. I love it because my house is cooler than with the old wearing out unit. Also (just as a side)my wife's maiden name is Coleman and I can be "cute" with the references to her linage.

Date created: 2015-09-25 Name: Kathleen Lehman
Location: Ocala, FL

"Coleman mobile home AC/heat"
No model number on outside of the unit/unable to find model #. Unable (without model number) to order the correct parts. Also, the wiring diagram on the inside panel is unreadable and I have not been able to find one online or anywhere else because I don't have the model numbers.

Date created: 2015-09-05 Name: Mark
Location: Anaheim HIlls, CA

"Comment only"
Our Coleman central air/heating unit was new when installed in our newly constructed home (townhome). It has worked great since 1995. Only yearly preventive maintenance calls for inspection, etc. One Freon recharge in 20 years ain't bad folks!

Date created: 2015-08-12 Name: Les Kolden
Location: Watertown, SD

"AC unit review"
The unit works very well and we're very happy with its performance.

Date created: 2015-07-05 Name: Faye Grady
Location: Houston, North Shore, TX

"Compressor installment and contractor"
My old unit was 31 years old and had only 3 motors replaced (Coleman). I have known my technician at least 10 years or more. I trust his word and improvements. I only request for him and him only. My new unit was well below my expected price (below the couple of thousand I thought I would have to pay). It took 3 hours (or a bit less) to install my new unit in Texas. The service was thorough, quick and easy on my budget (which I was able to pay outright in cash). Astro-Tex is a great company and Kenneth is an amazing technician. Thank you for all the years of service!

Date created: 2015-06-23 Name: Sandra Stough
Location: Montgomery, AL

"No such size filters"
Door measures 19 inches and there are no filters that size!