Consumer Reviews of Coleman central air conditioners

Read more about Coleman central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: H West
Location: Waterford Works, NJ

"Contractor"
K&S Heating and Air Conditioning did an outstanding job. It only took 1 1/2 days to replace the heating and air conditioning systems. This was also a change over from oil to natural gas. I am neutral on the system because it has only been installed for less than 45 days. So no drastic heat or cold experienced yet.

Date created: 2016-10-20 Name: Larry & Peggy Wiederhold
Location: Fayetteville, OH

"Fifty shades of gray"
We are very satisfied with our new AC and the contractor that put it in. Overall it was a blessing to have our air working again.

Date created: 2016-10-01 Name: Susab
Location: Red Bluff, CA

"Has cost me a fortune in electric bills"
I am a renter in a 1450 square foot 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. I am a single mother of two daughters. I moved in here in August 2014. The A/C is a stand-alone unit sitting in the ground outside. My power bills began to become a problem almost immediately. A/C guy came out because the unit wasn't cooling. 1st visit: replaced capacitor. Still had problems. A/C guy came back two weeks later: replaced burned out motor. After this, my bills became completely unmanageable. Landlord swept it under the rug and forgot about it even though I was reporting high bills to her monthly. PG&E came out this summer to service the unit. Had to replace Freon, about one pound, he said. He said at that time that the unit may be too small for the home. I keep it set at around 74-75 because I cannot handle the heat. My most recent bill was $862! This unit is awful. It doesn't cool my house on hot days, it is obnoxiously loud, and it is prone to problems it seems. Again, I am just a renter, but unfortunately, I am paying the price for the complete piece of junk sitting outside and I am most often sitting in a hothouse. I would never purchase this brand. Just had to get my two cents in. Have a great day!

Date created: 2016-08-30 Name: Gretchen
Location: New Orleans, LA

"Total junk"
Had this installed 6 years ago, constant problems. Freon leaks, you name it. Got the 10 year warranty, but it does no good when it doesn't work and a shady A/C guy says he regrets offering the warranty, because he has to be out here constantly. What's worse is we recommended this guy to two friends, same unit as us, same problems.

Date created: 2016-07-27 Name: L. Brown
Location: Miami, FL

"Unhappy in Miami"
I live in a senior condo. Had to replace my air handler. I chose to replaced the complete system because I was told that central AC units would not be using Freon after year 2020. After the installation I complained to the contractor that my air handler is very loud to the point of being noisy, plus it it not cooling sufficiently. The unit actually acts like a noisy fan. To feel the cool air you would have to stand directly in front of the vent. It has only been a month since he installed it and he has come back several times to try to remedy the problem to no avail. I told the contractor that I believe that the air handler is defective. I feel like telling him to take the entire system out but unfortunately I have already paid him. I called Coleman and was told to have an expert check my problem out. He is the expert. He is a licensed contractor and yes, he did pull a permit. What should I do?

Date created: 2016-05-21 Name: C. Thomas
Location: Bothell, WA

"A/C and furnance install"
Contractor did a great job, and the unit is nice and slim so as to not take up too much space on the side of our house. Overall great experience with the unit and the installation.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: D Evans
Location: Snyder, TX

"Coleman central air"
Have had the unit for one year now. There were some problems when first installed. It was blowing fuses. The installer came back out and said it was pulling too many amps. They then installed what he called a hard start kit. This seemed to take care of the problem and so far we have had no other problems

Date created: 2016-04-24 Name: jj

"20 years and great"
I have had my Coleman AC for about 20 years. 4 ton. It's been great. Home is around 2100 square feet.

Date created: 2016-01-08 Name: JCarter
Location: West Virginia

"Absolute junk"
When we purchased the house, it came with a Coleman sun-cutter whole house air-conditioning unit. The unit was about 23 years old when we decided to replace it. The unit was still working fine, but we anticipated that it was going to fail and cost a lot of money to fix. We felt it wouldn't be worth it. Since the unit was a Coleman, and it lasted this long, why not buy another one? The unit we purchased was a Coleman 3 ton heat pump self contained unit. It is a "13 series" model UB036C. This was the biggest piece of junk ever. We have just about spent the same amount as what it cost to purchase it. It has had a compressor, reversing valve, TX valve, recharge, and now it needs a cooling fan, which the estimate shows the job to be about $450.00. We have already put over $1000 into it on one service call, then there have been several smaller ones. The original unit had never been serviced in the 23 years it was used. This new one is 4 years old and has practically been rebuilt. It now has a knocking compressor in addition to the cooling fan which died. Now we have to start again, I think I'll buy a Trane or or something. Keep in mind that Coleman and York are owned by Johnson controls. I don't want any more of their rubbish.

Date created: 2015-10-16 Name: Blake
Location: Roy, Utah

"Coleman AC purchase and install."
Our AC unit in an 18 year old house went out. I called Mike Burrows, who I had met about 40 years ago and knew that he had taken over his father's heating and air business that he'd worked in all his life. I'd run into and/or seen Mike 8 or ten times in 40 years in the Ogden/Roy area of Utah. We'd originally met while both serving lds (Mormon) missions in England, 5000 miles and a lifetime away. Mike recommended the Coleman product. I love it because my house is cooler than with the old wearing out unit. Also (just as a side)my wife's maiden name is Coleman and I can be "cute" with the references to her linage.