Central air conditioners can efficiently cool and dehumidify your home or office. This page lists hundreds of air conditioning resources including: calculators, search tools, consumer reviews, advice on buying a new air conditioner, suggestions for working with contractors, maintenance tips, and research on which brand and model of air conditioner will work best for you.
If you are looking to cool and heat your home, you may want to consider a heat pump.
The vast majority of central air conditioners run on electricity, but air conditioners run on natural gas or propane are also available.
How to Buy a Central Air Conditioner
- Top-Rated Air Conditioners for 2018
- How to Buy a Central Air Conditioner
- Air Conditioner Quality
- Air Conditioner Ratings
- How to Buy a Ductless Air Conditioner
- Is a Mini-Split Air Conditioner Right for You?
- How to Size your Cental Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
- Air Conditioners vs. Heat Pumps
- 12 Creative Ways to Pay for a New Central Air Conditioner
- 8 Tips to help you buy the best Central Air Conditioner
- PTAC Air Conditioners
- Spring and Fall Manufacturer Incentives
- Governmental and Utility Rebates
- The 26 Best-Written Central Air Conditioner Resources
- How to Buy a Room Air Conditioner
- How to Buy a Portable Air Conditioner
- How to Buy a Solar Air Conditioner
- Everything you Need to Know about Air Purifiers
Working with HVAC Contractors / Installers
Many homeowners are concerned about working with heating contractors: Is their contractor qualified? Is their contractor recommending the most appropriate air conditioner? Are they paying a fair price? These articles address those questions.
- How to Negotiate with Heating Contractors
- How to Avoid Contractor Nightmares
- How to get the most from your HVAC Warranty
- Do you have a Right to Air Conditioning?
Find a Certified Heating & Cooling Professional In Your Area
Contact a top-rated local expert to help with all of your home’s HVAC needs.
Articles on Central AC Maintenance
- Annual Central AC Maintenance
- Troubleshooting and Repairing your Central Air
- AC Filters
- Definitions of Air Conditioner and Heat Pump replacement parts
- Air Duct Cleaning
Choosing the Right Brand and Model of Central Air Conditioner
Choosing the best air conditioner requires decisions on a variety of factors, from unit-specific factors such as efficiency, size and location to brand specific issues such as warranty, sales and support and the history and values of a particular manufacturer. Our profiles can help you decide which brand is the most appropriate for you.