Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-11-18 Location: Kansas City, MO

"The Crappiest AC ever"
The central air is ridiculously messed up, it'll freeze over and blow out hot air if it is kept on for a long period of time and it keeps the room at a un-needed temp. There is NOTHING I like about it. We have only had it for a year and a half and it's crappy! It's been repaired once and it didn't last for long, the repairman had to put anti-freeze to keep from doing what it did but it didn't help AT ALL and we don't have the money to get to it replaced so we're stuck with the piece of junk. Another stupid thing it does is go off for a long period of time on a hot day, we had to go to another relatives house until it cooled down! I would never recommend this brand to a friend, over my dead, cold body!

Date created: 2011-10-24 Name: craig sable
Location: Estrero FL

"Carrier Is Junk"
In the first 2 1/2 years my evaporator core and condensing coil had to be replaced about 2 months apart. While Carrier replaced the parts under warranty (no cost) it costs $400 each time for installation and replacement refrigerant. Next time it goes I'll pick another brand.

Date created: 2011-10-07 Name: K. Ashar
Location: Cypress Texas

"Junk system"
Evaporated coil develop leak just two month after warranty. It is bad design. Coil should last more than 10 to 15 years. Will not buy again ever. Any one thinking of buy carrier stay away. I know this complaint will not be visible to Carrier but let me air it out. I do not have correct model number but is hvac system with carrier 48HJ series central air conditioner.

Date created: 2011-09-15 Name: Charles
Location: Toronto, Ca.

"Carrier Infinity 21 48,000 BTU"
Have a 21 seer Infinity 48000 btu and it has been problem free with great savings, I can't even hear the condenser from inside the house. Great product and highly recommend Carrier AC.

Date created: 2011-08-10 Name: b. semke
Location: decherd tn.

"2 compressor failures in past 3 years, #3 failed today"
Compressor is manufacturing in Mexico is junk, replaced my old unit because it cost 300.00 a year to keep it going, now with my new carrier unit it only cost me on average 580.00 to keep it going.

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: j smith
Location: houston

"Two speed system"
Has not been one year (installed in October 2010). Paid $9600.00 for 2 speed because of the great comfort it will give in Texas summers and savings on my electric bill. No savings on my bills and has been serviced since june 15 and the company keeps quoting 10 year parts and labor but does not want to come back out because they are tired of fooling with it. The temp rises in the house -- it runs all day and the more they rigged it to make it work by changing things the worse it got. We were better off saving our money and let the old one get fixed. They should of never had to come to my house and I trusted them and now look its worse then old unit. My time with family and bill has increased make sure you are properly matched for your house by an engineer. What works for one does not work for another.

Date created: 2011-07-12 Name: chris
Location: olney, il

"Correction"
I have noticed that everyone has blamed the carrier ac/furnice for all the problems. Its not the ac its the installer and sears. The person that had to change out floors, check the drain-off. It shouldnt be coming into your house so check the drain. The person who changes freon, check your coil or the tubing. The person that bought the ac with the dent. Thats not carriers fault thats sears fault bc they cant handle their products too well, they just dont care. As for the noise its 3t of cooling power how quiet can u expect it to be?

Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: mona fergeson
Location: virginia beach, VA

"35apa736A003"
I paid over 8,000 and this unit is constantly having cooling issues. I am about over it and am ready to ask for a refund because the co has already switched out the original unit. I would never recommend this unit to a friend. My house is currently 80 degresses and the outside temp is 80 so u decide . . worth 8,000?

Date created: 2011-06-30 Name: AU
Location: Minnesota

"Carrier Customer Service is a Problem"
We had this unit come with a new home that we purchased. We hardly lived in the home as we were stationed overseas. The compressor died due to mechanical defect. I called Carrier but got the standard response "the unit had a 5-yr warranty and it is out of warranty". There is no higher up person you can talk to. I wrote to the "Management Review Board" giving them my utility bills as a proof of how little it was used. Got the same response. If we had used the unit with normal usage hours, I would not be bringing up this matter. I believe that these units are not reliable and I would not buy a Carrier unit again.

Date created: 2011-06-23 Name: v. crouch
Location: mesquite, texas

"Wish i had read this before buying carrier"
There was a coleman airconditioner in the house when we bought it new. it was probably the cheapest a/c unit the builder could get. we never had any problem with it. but my hubs was going to retire so we decided to put in a new unit as money would be tight afterwards. we paid off new a/c-heating unit acouple of months before he retired 2 years ago. guess what unit has been nothing but trouble since we paid it off. it lasted just long enough for warranty to be up then phut! this summer alone ( note it's still june) we have spent $1,300.00 and the darn thing quit again last night. neighbors,more than one, still have coleman units and have only had to have routine maint. and look on carrier website they say customers are the no. one priority, try to find a contact number or website. none. i want my working coleman back.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>