Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: mona fergeson
Location: virginia beach, VA

"35apa736A003"
I paid over 8,000 and this unit is constantly having cooling issues. I am about over it and am ready to ask for a refund because the co has already switched out the original unit. I would never recommend this unit to a friend. My house is currently 80 degresses and the outside temp is 80 so u decide . . worth 8,000?

Date created: 2011-06-30 Name: AU
Location: Minnesota

"Carrier Customer Service is a Problem"
We had this unit come with a new home that we purchased. We hardly lived in the home as we were stationed overseas. The compressor died due to mechanical defect. I called Carrier but got the standard response "the unit had a 5-yr warranty and it is out of warranty". There is no higher up person you can talk to. I wrote to the "Management Review Board" giving them my utility bills as a proof of how little it was used. Got the same response. If we had used the unit with normal usage hours, I would not be bringing up this matter. I believe that these units are not reliable and I would not buy a Carrier unit again.

Date created: 2011-06-23 Name: v. crouch
Location: mesquite, texas

"Wish i had read this before buying carrier"
There was a coleman airconditioner in the house when we bought it new. it was probably the cheapest a/c unit the builder could get. we never had any problem with it. but my hubs was going to retire so we decided to put in a new unit as money would be tight afterwards. we paid off new a/c-heating unit acouple of months before he retired 2 years ago. guess what unit has been nothing but trouble since we paid it off. it lasted just long enough for warranty to be up then phut! this summer alone ( note it's still june) we have spent $1,300.00 and the darn thing quit again last night. neighbors,more than one, still have coleman units and have only had to have routine maint. and look on carrier website they say customers are the no. one priority, try to find a contact number or website. none. i want my working coleman back.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: W. Grandberry
Location: Savannah, GA

"CARRIER NOT RECOMMENDED"
I had doubts about getting another Carrier. The first central unit last only ten years. I had it serviced twice a year and did everything properly. I replaced the unit with another Carrier four years ago and I've had just as much trouble with the new unit as the old one. It doesn't cool half the time and the constant repair is giving me GRIEF.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Nathan
Location: toronto, ON

"Aire One Markham"
I enjoyed that the technician from Aire One was very thorough on instructions how to use the unit. The Install Technician answered all my questions about using my Carrier model A/C unit. I'm happy about the service overall. Even after installation, I get follow-up to ensure I am 100% satisfied, and also they assist me right away when I call. Glad to give them my business and anyone I know. Nathan

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Beverly Hills CA

"Carrier Central Air system overall reliable but has had a few issues"
We have had our system for about 5 years now. We bought it as a replacement to another Carrier system that was in the home when we bought it. Overall, it is a good system. We have a large home that required two units. Both are mounted on the roof of our home. It cools well. Is very quiet. So far seems energy efficient. The price was middle of the road and the system was recommended by the electrician we used at the time. Both units have never needed repairs. We changed out the heating units in the home and installed new thermostats and that has made the system very easy to use. I have two issues with the system. First, it takes a tremendous amount of time for the system to shut off after I have shut it off at the thermostat. Second, it is nice and cool while the air is blowing, but as soon as it finally shuts off it begins to warm up quickly. We have all new windows and good insulation in the home. it just doesn't stay cool enough. I still would recommend the system though. It has been working fine and hasn't needed any repairs.

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: GWilliams
Location: PIttsburgh PA

"Evaporator Coil Relibility"
I bought a Carrier funace and AC in 08/05. Evaportor coil went bad and was replaced in 11/07. Now is is bad and leaking again - 2 failures in 5 years, 10 months, with a manufacturers' warranty of 5 years. PIECE OF CRAP

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: catherine henderson
Location: newport news

"Watch out for sears! must read first!!!"
The hvac dept of sears has a soon to be felon working for them. john henderson is awaiting charges of conspiracy and tax evasion. he was accused of bid rigging and kickbacks from a company called medical facilities of america in roanoke virginia...you can pull this info up by putting in his name and simply bid rigging in search. the girl barbie brantigan was the paid escort he was buying with the stolen money. he might even stop at an in call before he comes to service you and get himself serviced in the not so righteous way. he is also awaiting assault and battery charges in newport news. just thought you would like to know the people sears trust to fix your hvac!

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: Cubgirl
Location: Alabama

"DO NOT BUY CARRIER - THEIR AIR HANDLERS LEAK!!!"
DON'T BUY CARRIER!!! They are known for H2O leaking from air handler! Less than two years ago, I bought a brand new 3.5T Carrier Heat Pump (R-410) and a 3.5T air handler, fixed speed. First, this unit is LOUD. Second, the air handler leaks. I spent $7K buying and installing this (overpriced) and since then, I've replaced the carpet in my dining room and replaced the laminate in the kitchen. I put tile in all over the downstairs, at great expense. I've spent thousands on new flooring because the indoor air handler KEEPS LEAKING! It's leaking again. I've spent money putting in new supply ducts and putting in PVC drain tubes, all with no luck. This unit has cost me > $15K overall. I am so tired of trying to get it to quit leaking that I am ripping it out, sending it back to Carrier and installing Mini-Splits all around the house. There will be no leaks and they will be quiet. Shame on you Carrier!

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"Keeping Cool With Our Air Conditioner"
We've had our current air conditioner for at least 8 years and it does a great job when the heat is on. Our summer time temperatures have been peaking between 100-105 degrees, usually from August through October, and our air conditioner does a great job at cooling down our entire house. I only wish we had one for the upstairs, as this one turns our downstairs into a refrigerator...it gets so cold but we have to do this to adequately cool our upstairs. It's also quite loud when it turns on, even though it's outside, and our electric bill goes up quite a bit if we use it all day and into the night, especially during our hottest months, but, overall, it's a great air conditioner. We haven't had to replace the coolant yet. I would definitely buy this brand of air conditioner again and recommend it to a friend.