Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Burning up in Florida
Location: daytona beach

"Infinity"
I like nothing about this unit, has never worked properly from day one. Carrier will not stand behind there product. The reversing valve was replaced, Dryer rusted, had the drum in furnace replaced. Coils leak, muffler replaced, and several other parts that I cant make out on the invoices. It's April, we live in Florida and it's not working again, thermostate needs replaced, costs over $500.00 to replace, repair man will be here this week to fix the unit, not cooling again. Hate to see what this bill will be. Have spent over $2,000 in repairs. Next year I will rip this one out and replace with another brand. DO NOT buy the Carrier Infinity unit.

Date created: 2011-04-21 Location: Steens,MS.

"My carrier AC surely helps with this hot Summer coming!"
We've owned this for over two years now. What we like about it is how cool it keeps us! What we dislike about it is when I want to turn it off it has a delay before it completely turns off, but thats all AC units. We have never had to replace or repair it. I would definately recommend this to a friend and have another of the same one installed. The Carrier brand to us is a quality brand unit. My wife loves the cold. I have to cover up in a blanket sometimes. It is also extremely quiet. I couldn't think of any better unit out there!

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Paso Robles, California

"Greating Cooling-per-Dollar"
As a renter, I'm somewhat at the mercy of my landlord when it comes to the products in my home. Thankfully, the air conditioner works beautifully. We have very high, dry heat where I live and this machine keeps up with it quite well. The only flaw I've noticed is that if it's already warm in the house, the ac unit has a hard time getting the house cool again - if I don't turn the ac on until noon, for instance, it's 3 or 4 by the time the house is back to a reasonable temperature. However, if I set the thermostat early and leave it on, this unit does a fantastic job of keeping the house at a consistent temperature. I've had one repair on this unit, which was to the exterior cooling lines. A dog had chewed through one of the insulating pads and the line was leaking, which meant that the compressor outside wasn't working at all. The repair was simple and cheap, and I was back in cool air in no time. I would absolutely recommend this to a friend, and would absolutely buy one again.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Tampa, FL

"Carrier is a Brand Name That You can Trust"
The central AC that we have right now was already here when we moved in a year ago. The AC that we have is made by Carrier. The house was built in 2003. Window units are OK when the area is enclosed like the bedrooms and can be sealed. But if you have an open floor plan where essentially all areas in the house are open, you have to have central AC. Since our house has an open floor plan it would be either no AC or central AC. When the compressor in the heat pump failed, we hired a service man and he diagnosed it and fixed it. The AC had been running ever since and has not given us any major problems at all. Another thing we like about it is that it is quiet. You would not even know if it is on or not. I would definitely recommend it to someone I know because of its high efficiency and at a reasonable cost.

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: Bill Epperly

"Treasurer"
Would not recommend Carrier to anyone, totally dissatisfied with equipment and company response. Non profit organization that had extremely bad experience with them. We are informing our over 1,200 members to not buy Carrier products.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Simon Hoss
Location: North York, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Markham"
After carefully reviewing quotes from different companies, I decided to choose Aire One. They provided me the most direct response and pricing for what I was looking for on the Carrier brand. They got the job done within 1-2 days, and I have no complaints about their service. Quick, efficient, and the installers cleaned up and left no mess in my home. I can say that this is a company that is very reputable in my eyes and recommend this company to my friends and family members.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: p mistico
Location: st aug, fl

"Ac unit"
Came with home ac unit reliable quiet I had one slight problem with the moter cost $20.00 to fix. Will buy carrier again.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: David R.
Location: Cincinnati

"Older than dirt"
I bought a 2 year old house 23 years ago with a Carrier central air conditioner. Since that time I have spent a total of zero on repairs and maintenance and it still runs like new. Oh, I did wash and wax the outside unit's case once a few years ago, but that's it. I am afraid the thing will outlive me. I would be more satisfied if the outside unit didn't need washing every 15 or 20 years.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: T Jones
Location: DeSoto, Texas

"Infinity Heat Pump"
I have two Carrier Heat Pump Systems. One is about 10 years old and working with no problems other than a fan motor replacement a couple of years ago. I purchased the 10 yeare Parts and Labor warranty so the motor replacement did not cost me a dime. The other unit is one of the new Carrier Infinity Systems. I LOVE it. It is so quiet and does a tremendous job in cooling the house and removing humidity. I would recommend it to everyone! I have read a lot of the reviews on this site and suspect the real problem with all the unsatisfied folks under all of the equipment listings is sorry service companies and installers. I would think that a good Dealer would have some pull to take care of any problem if they just wanted to do it. Blaming it on the manufacturer is probably their way to blow off customers. My local Dealer did a first rate installation and also took care of me when my unit failed that one time. As long as Carrier continues to make the most efficient equipment, and my local contractor sells it, I'll continue to buy it when I have other HVAC needs.

Date created: 2010-10-09 Name: bill h
Location: glendale az

"Crap"
Unit shook so bad when first installed a chandelier would shake everytime it started they ended up mounting it in rubber cuchions to stop shaking but screws vibrated out of cabinet. since blower fan has gone out condensor fan went out elec conn on circuit board shorted twice capacitor on cond fan went out this is a 8 yr old unit now our previos unit lasted 30yrs with only minor prob. sad thing is i wanted a trane unit but was talked into this p.o.s by a chaz roberts salesman never buy carrier again am looking now for another unit