Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-13 Name: N. Shields
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

"Most unreliable product I have ever owned"
I asked the contractor for the most reliable product available and got this. It either breaks down completely or if their is even the slightest power spike it shuts off and you have to go out in the middle of the night to recycle the power. I have read good reviews on this product and can't imagine how anyone could be so lucky. Someone posted a review that said it must be installation. It is a package unit, you sit it on the ground and plug in. I have a competitive brand that is 10 years older and it just keeps on keeping on. This unit has yet to go a full summer without breaking down.

Date created: 2012-07-07 Name: Marlon Breaux
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"CARRIER IS CRAP!!!!!"
I purchased a new Carrier all in one unit three years ago. In that time, I've spent over $3,000.00 in labor (parts are still covered under warranty) for leaking coils, bad valves, and various failures of this very expensive unit. I hate Carrier with every fiber of my being and hope the company goes out of business. They have elected to use cheap imported parts and God only knows where they have their assembly done. Carrier was at one time the best in the industry. They have since cut corners to increase profits, including outsourcing the manufacturing of their parts to other countries, and now produce huge piles of expensive crap. If I can save even one person the pain and frustration I've suffered with this unit then this review has been worthwhile. I've been without a/c now for over a month because Carrier has to wait for a new coil to be manufactured and shipped from China. I've had enough and pray that others will look elsewhere for their next a/c unit.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: Tim F
Location: Gainseville FL

"Sorry Mark"
Mark sounds like you were had which unfortunately, happens all too often. Most people do not know that among the tops...Carrier, Trane, Lennox etc., it really matters on who installs them. There are a number of reasons that you can have a bad compressor due to improper installation and it sounds like you got hit by it. By the way, Carriers do in fact have Copeland Scroll compressors, not made in china, take a look for yourself, I've been to the manufacturing plant. All you need to know is you probably know nothing about hvac, like most, and the best thing you can do is research the installer.

Date created: 2012-05-20 Name: JOE FITZSIMMONS
Location: Sherman, TX

"HOT IN TEXAS"
In August 2010 I had a new Carrier air handler installed by a local contractor. He installed a 7 seer Bryant outside unit and a Carrier heatpump air handler unit. Since then I have had leaks in the garage from the drip evaporation off the coil, had to have a capacitor replaced, and today I am about to burn up in the Texas heat because the blower motor has gone out and I won't be able to get one until next week. This is not what I consider a reliable unit. Yes I am hot in texas! I will never buy another Carrier product!

Date created: 2012-05-06 Name: D Loveland
Location: Oviedo, Fla

"Crappy Unit - Crappy Installation"
Had a Trane a/c unit for 20+ years, came with the new house, very few problems. It finally quit. I figured I'd go with the a/c man's recommendation... Top-of-the-line unit for $10000. I figured I should get 10 - 15 years trouble free like my Trane unit.... No way.... 2 1/2 years after installation the Indoor Unit in the garage attic started leaking water thru the ceiling. The pan under the unit is leaking so the water did not go thru the drain pipe to the outside. The leaking pan is an example of the shoddy installation by my local a/c contractor in Oviedo, fl.

Date created: 2012-04-09 Name: G moreno
Location: San Antonio, Tx

"In just 3 yrs"
Our ac has been running ok till recently. We just bought a 2 story house 3yrs ago. Suddenly our Ac motor went out. a 650 dollar part. The ac guys said he has replaced many many motors for carrier brand AC's and that it's not unusual for them just to go out. Reading other reviews for Carrier is scaring me quite a bit. I suspect this will be the first Of many problems I will be having with this unit...As I was reading some reviews of people who realized Carrier is a cheap brand for AC's and that neighbors who also live in new homes had different brands of ac than carrier, it dawned on me. When this house was being built, the original ac unit was stolen. They replaced the unit at no cost to us but I am willing to bet that they bought the cheapest brand they could find and that my neighbors ac units are different brands!

Date created: 2012-01-14 Name: Dennis C.
Location: Tomball texas

"Great old unit"
My 4 ton Carrier (bdpp) heat pump has preformed flawlessly for 21 years. I had to replace a capacitor, but that is all. I now am having leaks and am looking at replacement units. Even on 109 degree days here in Houston area this unit would cool the house down and cycle. It makes a big difference if the unit is sized correctly and installed properly. I had an engineer size my unit, but I installed it myself. I see a lot of units fail due to poor install. Is your service man using a vacuum pump when they install??? There are a lot of people taking short cuts that cost you. I am looking at another Carrier but worry that nothing is as good as it used to be.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Name: J. Martinez
Location: Manila, Phlippines

"Carrier Sucks!!!"
I have owned the unit for barely 10 months when suddenly a 'cf' appeared on the screen. The Carrier customer service agent advised me of procedures on how to have that 'cf' removed. And yes, the procedure successfully had that message removed. However, still, the unit was not cooling. The Carrier service men checked it and said that the compressor had failed. What? In less than a year? We only use the unit 2 hours during daytime and 3 hours at nighttime. My brother bought a very cheap unit less than half of the price of our Carrier AC. And shamefully, theirs is still working properly until now, while ours really sucks! Never will I buy again a Carrier and will discourage everyone I know!

Date created: 2011-11-30 Name: Mrs Dennis Fluckiger
Location: Vero Beach, Florida

"Great Air Conditioner"
Carrier Cooling and Heating Unit, Have serviced every year , replaced one compressor after 10 years. Still working and in good shape. Will replace with another Carrier when it goes.

Date created: 2011-11-18 Location: Kansas City, MO

"The Crappiest AC ever"
The central air is ridiculously messed up, it'll freeze over and blow out hot air if it is kept on for a long period of time and it keeps the room at a un-needed temp. There is NOTHING I like about it. We have only had it for a year and a half and it's crappy! It's been repaired once and it didn't last for long, the repairman had to put anti-freeze to keep from doing what it did but it didn't help AT ALL and we don't have the money to get to it replaced so we're stuck with the piece of junk. Another stupid thing it does is go off for a long period of time on a hot day, we had to go to another relatives house until it cooled down! I would never recommend this brand to a friend, over my dead, cold body!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>