Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: Tom Reese
Location: Brownsburg, IN

"Carrie Corporation offers NO SERVICE"
They will not stand behind their products. Look at the other reviews and you will figure out that they had quality issues in 2005 - 2007. I have one of those units and it failed. I called them and they showed no concern at all. The inside coil failed as many of them have from that time frame. Carrier Corporation should care about it's customers, they do not. You would be well advised to buy another brand and save the headaches I have due to carrier CORPORATION's lack of customer service.

Date created: 2012-07-28 Name: Ziggy
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Carrier Comfort Series is WASTE OF MONEY"
I bought Carrier products (ac and furnace) for many years because they used to be good. I replaced my junky contractor installed unit (Keeprite)3 years ago with a Carrier (Comfort Series - Puron) unit, thinking I would be set for the next 12 years at least. Much to my surprise, the Carrier first gave up during its first summer; then again the next summer (2x)...it just died again today making it at least 5 service calls since it was installed. It looks like the Carrier is even a bigger piece of junk than the one it replaced! I will never buy a Carrier product again! Total crap! So who actually biulds a quality product these days?

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: j. smith
Location: orlando,fl.

"Air Handler Coil"
My 3 1/2 ton air handler coil just started leaking a year out of warranty. These coils evidently have big problems leaking and they know about it. I called them "Carrier" directly and they acted like they never heard that before. Of course they would not help me in any way. I have a 16 year old comfort range AC for upstairs and the damn thing has never, never had a single issue! Carrier is a terrible product laden with defects of which they will not own up to. I will do everything in my power to put the word out to not buy from this company. In the work I do I see thousands of families a year and you bet I'm gonna tell every one of them to never buy a Carrier product!

Date created: 2012-07-13 Name: N. Shields
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

"Most unreliable product I have ever owned"
I asked the contractor for the most reliable product available and got this. It either breaks down completely or if their is even the slightest power spike it shuts off and you have to go out in the middle of the night to recycle the power. I have read good reviews on this product and can't imagine how anyone could be so lucky. Someone posted a review that said it must be installation. It is a package unit, you sit it on the ground and plug in. I have a competitive brand that is 10 years older and it just keeps on keeping on. This unit has yet to go a full summer without breaking down.

Date created: 2012-07-07 Name: Marlon Breaux
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"CARRIER IS CRAP!!!!!"
I purchased a new Carrier all in one unit three years ago. In that time, I've spent over $3,000.00 in labor (parts are still covered under warranty) for leaking coils, bad valves, and various failures of this very expensive unit. I hate Carrier with every fiber of my being and hope the company goes out of business. They have elected to use cheap imported parts and God only knows where they have their assembly done. Carrier was at one time the best in the industry. They have since cut corners to increase profits, including outsourcing the manufacturing of their parts to other countries, and now produce huge piles of expensive crap. If I can save even one person the pain and frustration I've suffered with this unit then this review has been worthwhile. I've been without a/c now for over a month because Carrier has to wait for a new coil to be manufactured and shipped from China. I've had enough and pray that others will look elsewhere for their next a/c unit.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: Tim F
Location: Gainseville FL

"Sorry Mark"
Mark sounds like you were had which unfortunately, happens all too often. Most people do not know that among the tops...Carrier, Trane, Lennox etc., it really matters on who installs them. There are a number of reasons that you can have a bad compressor due to improper installation and it sounds like you got hit by it. By the way, Carriers do in fact have Copeland Scroll compressors, not made in china, take a look for yourself, I've been to the manufacturing plant. All you need to know is you probably know nothing about hvac, like most, and the best thing you can do is research the installer.

Date created: 2012-05-20 Name: JOE FITZSIMMONS
Location: Sherman, TX

"HOT IN TEXAS"
In August 2010 I had a new Carrier air handler installed by a local contractor. He installed a 7 seer Bryant outside unit and a Carrier heatpump air handler unit. Since then I have had leaks in the garage from the drip evaporation off the coil, had to have a capacitor replaced, and today I am about to burn up in the Texas heat because the blower motor has gone out and I won't be able to get one until next week. This is not what I consider a reliable unit. Yes I am hot in texas! I will never buy another Carrier product!

Date created: 2012-05-06 Name: D Loveland
Location: Oviedo, Fla

"Crappy Unit - Crappy Installation"
Had a Trane a/c unit for 20+ years, came with the new house, very few problems. It finally quit. I figured I'd go with the a/c man's recommendation... Top-of-the-line unit for $10000. I figured I should get 10 - 15 years trouble free like my Trane unit.... No way.... 2 1/2 years after installation the Indoor Unit in the garage attic started leaking water thru the ceiling. The pan under the unit is leaking so the water did not go thru the drain pipe to the outside. The leaking pan is an example of the shoddy installation by my local a/c contractor in Oviedo, fl.

Date created: 2012-04-09 Name: G moreno
Location: San Antonio, Tx

"In just 3 yrs"
Our ac has been running ok till recently. We just bought a 2 story house 3yrs ago. Suddenly our Ac motor went out. a 650 dollar part. The ac guys said he has replaced many many motors for carrier brand AC's and that it's not unusual for them just to go out. Reading other reviews for Carrier is scaring me quite a bit. I suspect this will be the first Of many problems I will be having with this unit...As I was reading some reviews of people who realized Carrier is a cheap brand for AC's and that neighbors who also live in new homes had different brands of ac than carrier, it dawned on me. When this house was being built, the original ac unit was stolen. They replaced the unit at no cost to us but I am willing to bet that they bought the cheapest brand they could find and that my neighbors ac units are different brands!

Date created: 2012-01-14 Name: Dennis C.
Location: Tomball texas

"Great old unit"
My 4 ton Carrier (bdpp) heat pump has preformed flawlessly for 21 years. I had to replace a capacitor, but that is all. I now am having leaks and am looking at replacement units. Even on 109 degree days here in Houston area this unit would cool the house down and cycle. It makes a big difference if the unit is sized correctly and installed properly. I had an engineer size my unit, but I installed it myself. I see a lot of units fail due to poor install. Is your service man using a vacuum pump when they install??? There are a lot of people taking short cuts that cost you. I am looking at another Carrier but worry that nothing is as good as it used to be.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>