Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-04-10 Name: B Pioveson
Location: Benton, Il

"Extremely poor quality"
Air conditioner coil developed refrigerant leak in the first three years of operation. It was replaced (at owner's expense) with a new Carrier brand coil. That one lasted only 18 months before developing a leak. Just ordered a complete new air conditioner system. It WON'T be a Carrier.

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: W. Simon
Location: Lebanon

"Carrier is JUNK"
Dear All, I am actually wasting my time to write a negative review about my Carrier central air conditioning units. I have installed 3 in my apartment - 1 for each bedroom and 1 for the main salon. I have had issues ever since they were installed and Carrier's after sales support has been horrible. It has been 1.5 years now and during the winter they do not heat properly, and during the summer they do not cool properly. I have contacted and complained to Carrier locally, regionally, and internationall and nothing has been resolved. The units are low quality as they started manufacturing in China and in Egypt. The Egyptian made units and completely defective and the Chinese somehow works a little bit. Other brands such as Acson (made in Malaysia), have proven to be of much better quality including their customer service. I urge anyone reading over this review not to go with Carrier air conditioning units. they're days are over

Date created: 2013-04-03 Name: G. Bride
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Bad Customer Support"
When we needed part information, Carrier Customer Services wasn't willing to share information about their product part numbers. I recommend other brands that give customer support. There service was terrible.

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Brian Foster
Location: Palm Harbor, FL

"Carrier is junk"
Since a new Carrier central a/c was installed in 2005 I've had constant problems, the blower motor has been replaced twice, the circuit board once and about every 3 months a service call for the constant loud humming noise it makes,so many different parts have been replaced I couldn't even list them all. In short Carrier is the worst air conditioner on the market.

Date created: 2012-11-05 Name: Frank
Location: Miami Fl

"Infinity carrier is junk"
This unit is total garbage. Our old unit lasted over 10 to 15 plus years with zero issues. When our house burned to the ground and we rebuilt it our gc had this ac unit installed. Within 3 years it started making weird noises and blew a compressor. Almost a thousand dollars later and 9 months guess what the same noise is back and we are placing another service call now. Anyone saying installation is a factor is mistaken... We had different companies evaluate and give quotes last time and most of them said the same unit has the same issues regardless of who installed it. We were a complete rebuild and everything new including ducts walls etc..... It's no wonder you get an extensive warranty cause you will need it... Too bad labor is not included... Considering a different unit versus pouring money down a bottomless pit.

Date created: 2012-10-22 Name: T. Heins
Location: San Antonio, Texas

""A" Coil"
Having to replace our second "a" coil - first after only three years of service.

Date created: 2012-08-16 Name: L. Webb
Location: Houston, TC

"4 TON EVAPORATOR COIL FAILED 6 YRS"
The Carrier ac was part of a Lennar home that we purchased in Texas and is one year out of warranty. The majority of my neighbors on my street have replaced the coils or compressor in their Carrier units. One had to replace the unit...none under warranty. The a/c repair man indicated that it was because of the cheap parts that Carrier used in their products. Unfortunately, it expensive to install a new quality product. If you have a choice, do not go with Carrier...check consumer reports.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: Tom Reese
Location: Brownsburg, IN

"Carrie Corporation offers NO SERVICE"
They will not stand behind their products. Look at the other reviews and you will figure out that they had quality issues in 2005 - 2007. I have one of those units and it failed. I called them and they showed no concern at all. The inside coil failed as many of them have from that time frame. Carrier Corporation should care about it's customers, they do not. You would be well advised to buy another brand and save the headaches I have due to carrier CORPORATION's lack of customer service.

Date created: 2012-07-28 Name: Ziggy
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Carrier Comfort Series is WASTE OF MONEY"
I bought Carrier products (ac and furnace) for many years because they used to be good. I replaced my junky contractor installed unit (Keeprite)3 years ago with a Carrier (Comfort Series - Puron) unit, thinking I would be set for the next 12 years at least. Much to my surprise, the Carrier first gave up during its first summer; then again the next summer (2x)...it just died again today making it at least 5 service calls since it was installed. It looks like the Carrier is even a bigger piece of junk than the one it replaced! I will never buy a Carrier product again! Total crap! So who actually biulds a quality product these days?

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: j. smith
Location: orlando,fl.

"Air Handler Coil"
My 3 1/2 ton air handler coil just started leaking a year out of warranty. These coils evidently have big problems leaking and they know about it. I called them "Carrier" directly and they acted like they never heard that before. Of course they would not help me in any way. I have a 16 year old comfort range AC for upstairs and the damn thing has never, never had a single issue! Carrier is a terrible product laden with defects of which they will not own up to. I will do everything in my power to put the word out to not buy from this company. In the work I do I see thousands of families a year and you bet I'm gonna tell every one of them to never buy a Carrier product!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>