Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-06-16 Name: S Burkhart
Location: Danbury CT

"NEVER AGAIN"
This all started bad when this single package unit was installed in my mobile home. This is not a split system. The duct work was never connected by the hvac company. I had a huge hole in the floor under the intake grill. Next was the thermostat battery connections that broke off when putting new batteries in.Than came the dual capicitor going last year at a cost of over $300.00. Now the blower motor is shot at a cost of $700.00 just for the motor another $300.00 to put it in. All one year out of the 5 year warranty. I called Carrier and though they were sympathetic, offered no explanation and said there were no recalls or problems with the components I had trouble with. I am on a fixed income and this is difficult. I am unhappy with the hvac company for their delays in showing up and their total lack of knowledge about these single package mobile home units. Of course they were happy to take my $4k for the install of the unit. The tech had no idea the blower motor was outside in the unit itself. I am at their mercy for ordering the motor and insatllation and I am afraid to voice a concern at this point. If you know anything about mobile homes when their is no a/c its like being in a bread box out in the sun!My previous unit was a Miller that was 25 years old with No problems!stay away from Carrier!

Date created: 2014-06-15 Name: Steve. K
Location: Maryland

"Listen up People"
I have been in the hvac industry for 15 years. I started out as a Installer and now I am in sales. I worked for a company that paid by a guaranteed 40 hours a week, 8hrs a day. So I didn't care about you as a homeowner because the faster I installed your system the sooner I could go home and be with my family, or make additional money to do another install the same day. Meaning I was skipping steps in the Install process by not pulling a deep vacuum on the system or properly cleaning the lines. I don't care what brand you install almost all of them are the same, and yes some are better then other's. So for all you idiots out there that think you got a bad piece of equipment you're an idiot and you got sold. Make sure when you choose an hvac company you trust your salesman and a good company will give you guarantees to protect your home and your investment. And one more thing: why do you think when you buy a new home your equipment doesn't last as long? Because the builder got his three bids and he chose the cheapest company and you get what you pay for.

Date created: 2014-06-11 Name: Eva
Location: Toronto, ON

"Buyer beware"
I bought this unit new - and a valve on the unit failed causing all the refrigerant to leak out of it. The $10 valve was covered under warranty but the $300 service call (for labour and tests) plus $300+ in leaked refrigerant was not covered. Called Carrier and their customer service "manager" John kept saying "there's nothing we can do". Yah - so buyer beware. I thought Carrier was a good brand. Never again.

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: Steve
Location: MA

"Just Junk"
First year: motor replacement. Second year: low on Puron. Third year: low on Puron. Fourth year: found the coil leaking and the drip pan cracked. Fifth year: motor module bad. Two weeks later there's grinding in the air handler. Waiting for service. I am out well over $1000 dollars and sitting in the heat. Oh yes, Carrier is great. Never again.

Date created: 2013-11-12 Name: B. King
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

"Do Not Waste Your Money on Carrier"
2 years ago, we purchased a brand new home. The builder had installed this Carrier air conditioning unit. This unit is junk. I had to have a repairman out within the year to repair a leak. Parts were covered labor was not, $212 out of pocket. Then at 2 years and 4 days, we had a repairman out because it stopped working altogether. The motherboard and blower motor had to be replaced. How nice of them to replace the parts for free but the labor cost me $370. So in 2 years and 4 days of having this Carrier unit, I have spent $582 to have it repaired. 3 components in 2 years, 2 of which were major. When I called Carrier, they said that labor is not covered and that I should call my builder. I explained that the Carrier authorized repairman said that there was no problem with the installation, I just have a piece of junk. I will never purchase a Carrier unit as long as I live.

Date created: 2013-08-09 Name: K. Blakely
Location: Newport Beach

"Carrier Slimline Model 38HDR048-301"
We've had this Slimline unit for 7 years and bought it because it was what fit and conformed to the city rules and regulations. However, this week our Carrier was losing Puron. Just had 9+ gallons added, the unit has been trouble free until now. Fast forward to today, Carrier dealer says unit has a leak in the coil which is unrepairable. Cost for new coil is $2,000, cost for new unit is $3,500. Coil would not have warranty and new unit would be 10 years parts, 2 years labor. We are very disappointed, we had expected this unit to last at least 12 years if not 15. Carrier is pricey and we bought it based on quality, size, and that it was a "zoned" system where we could close zones as needed. If there was another brand that manufactured a slimline unit -- Trane or other, we'd be first in line.

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: E. Cruz
Location: Houston, TX

"Broke Down In First and Third Year of Having The Unit!!!"
I had my home built through KB Homes in which their units used are Carriers. The first summer came by, living in our home when the coil in the outside unit would ice up causing the house not to cool. Luckily, I was still under warranty and got it fixed. Two years later the compressor burnt out and now I have to pay $1400 to have the new one installed. This unit is crap!! Three years into my newly built home and have had many issues with the unit since. I'm considering on installing a Goodman A/C unit. BTW Carrier's customer service [email protected]!!

Date created: 2013-08-01 Name: Dan Cummings
Location: Daphne AL

"Worst AC Ever"
We have two FC4DNF048 Carrier AC units in a fairly new home that today is 5 years old. So far, one unit has stopped cooling twice as the original coil rusted out after 3 years and had to be replaced a year and a half ago. Now that replacement coil is leaking rusted out after 1.5 years. Now for the second unit, its motor crapped out 4 months ago and parts had to be replaced. You would think a new home with two units could be more reliable. We are now looking to replace the entire unit that has coil's rusting out and leaking. It will not be a Carrier. Looking at paying more and going with a Rheem or something other than Carrier.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: Eddie Duggan
Location: Dallas, TX

"Carrier Outside Unit Last Four Years!!!!"
We replaced one of our outside central air conditioner units with a new Carrier in 2009. The unit stopped working last week (end of June 2013). Our AC repair guys just told us the condensor coil had developed leaks and would need to be replaced. This unit had a one year warranty, so no help there. Four years is ridiculous for this unit. We have two other units for the office, one of which has lasted at least thirty years!

Date created: 2013-05-21 Name: p.c
Location: Plymouth, MI

"Not so Good"
Got new system from Sears in 2005. Coil start to leak in 2012, then control board went out(2012). This year, the system failed again, compressor needs to be replaced. Very disappointed.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>