Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-01-14 Name: Dennis C.
Location: Tomball texas

"Great old unit"
My 4 ton Carrier (bdpp) heat pump has preformed flawlessly for 21 years. I had to replace a capacitor, but that is all. I now am having leaks and am looking at replacement units. Even on 109 degree days here in Houston area this unit would cool the house down and cycle. It makes a big difference if the unit is sized correctly and installed properly. I had an engineer size my unit, but I installed it myself. I see a lot of units fail due to poor install. Is your service man using a vacuum pump when they install??? There are a lot of people taking short cuts that cost you. I am looking at another Carrier but worry that nothing is as good as it used to be.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Name: J. Martinez
Location: Manila, Phlippines

"Carrier Sucks!!!"
I have owned the unit for barely 10 months when suddenly a 'cf' appeared on the screen. The Carrier customer service agent advised me of procedures on how to have that 'cf' removed. And yes, the procedure successfully had that message removed. However, still, the unit was not cooling. The Carrier service men checked it and said that the compressor had failed. What? In less than a year? We only use the unit 2 hours during daytime and 3 hours at nighttime. My brother bought a very cheap unit less than half of the price of our Carrier AC. And shamefully, theirs is still working properly until now, while ours really sucks! Never will I buy again a Carrier and will discourage everyone I know!

Date created: 2011-11-30 Name: Mrs Dennis Fluckiger
Location: Vero Beach, Florida

"Great Air Conditioner"
Carrier Cooling and Heating Unit, Have serviced every year , replaced one compressor after 10 years. Still working and in good shape. Will replace with another Carrier when it goes.

Date created: 2011-11-30 Name: Andrew Genovese
Location: Upstate NY

"21 years of service"
My Carrier Tech 2000 installed in June of 1990 failed August of 2011. The outdoor compressor amazingly was still working but I sprung a leak with with the indoor coil and it was impossible to repair. Instead of spending $1500 on a new indoor coil with expensive old r22 refrigerant I decided it was best not to put money into 21 year old equipment. I have a brand new 16 seer Carrier Performance series a/c installed along with a new indoor coil and a brand new Carrier Infinity ics gas furnace which replaced a 21 year old Oneida Royal oil furnace. Installation of everything ran about $7,200 but so far so good. I looked at Trane and Carrier equipment but with my old Carrier a/c lasting 21 years that was reason enough to choose Carrier equipment.

Date created: 2011-11-18 Location: Kansas City, MO

"The Crappiest AC ever"
The central air is ridiculously messed up, it'll freeze over and blow out hot air if it is kept on for a long period of time and it keeps the room at a un-needed temp. There is NOTHING I like about it. We have only had it for a year and a half and it's crappy! It's been repaired once and it didn't last for long, the repairman had to put anti-freeze to keep from doing what it did but it didn't help AT ALL and we don't have the money to get to it replaced so we're stuck with the piece of junk. Another stupid thing it does is go off for a long period of time on a hot day, we had to go to another relatives house until it cooled down! I would never recommend this brand to a friend, over my dead, cold body!

Date created: 2011-10-24 Name: craig sable
Location: Estrero FL

"Carrier Is Junk"
In the first 2 1/2 years my evaporator core and condensing coil had to be replaced about 2 months apart. While Carrier replaced the parts under warranty (no cost) it costs $400 each time for installation and replacement refrigerant. Next time it goes I'll pick another brand.

Date created: 2011-10-07 Name: K. Ashar
Location: Cypress Texas

"Junk system"
Evaporated coil develop leak just two month after warranty. It is bad design. Coil should last more than 10 to 15 years. Will not buy again ever. Any one thinking of buy carrier stay away. I know this complaint will not be visible to Carrier but let me air it out. I do not have correct model number but is hvac system with carrier 48HJ series central air conditioner.

Date created: 2011-09-15 Name: Charles
Location: Toronto, Ca.

"Carrier Infinity 21 48,000 BTU"
Have a 21 seer Infinity 48000 btu and it has been problem free with great savings, I can't even hear the condenser from inside the house. Great product and highly recommend Carrier AC.

Date created: 2011-08-10 Name: b. semke
Location: decherd tn.

"2 compressor failures in past 3 years, #3 failed today"
Compressor is manufacturing in Mexico is junk, replaced my old unit because it cost 300.00 a year to keep it going, now with my new carrier unit it only cost me on average 580.00 to keep it going.

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: j smith
Location: houston

"Two speed system"
Has not been one year (installed in October 2010). Paid $9600.00 for 2 speed because of the great comfort it will give in Texas summers and savings on my electric bill. No savings on my bills and has been serviced since june 15 and the company keeps quoting 10 year parts and labor but does not want to come back out because they are tired of fooling with it. The temp rises in the house -- it runs all day and the more they rigged it to make it work by changing things the worse it got. We were better off saving our money and let the old one get fixed. They should of never had to come to my house and I trusted them and now look its worse then old unit. My time with family and bill has increased make sure you are properly matched for your house by an engineer. What works for one does not work for another.