Consumer Reviews of Carrier central air conditioners

Read more about Carrier central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Texas

"Goodman Cooling is Number One"
We bought our house in April 2015 and with it being a 2 story home, we were a little nervous about the cooling system. It is a 3000 square foot home so that is a lot of cooling space. From what we have always heard, 3 ton would not be enough. The former owners only lived in the home for one year and couldn't tell us anything about it. We knew we had a home owners insurance policy that came with the house, so we decided to chance it. Upon inspection, the only thing we were told was to have it serviced by HVAC. We did make the call to them to service and were very happy to hear that it was only 8 years old but in excellent working condition. In the heat of the Texas summer when the temps were soaring outside, our home was so nice and cool. We have been very pleased. It is super quiet. We can set the thermostat on 74 and we are comfortable around the clock. Our electric bills have been awesome! I feel it is reasonably priced. It has a 10 year guarantee but you can also buy a premium guarantee. I feel like we would stick with Goodman if we ever do need to purchase a new system. It is a good name and accredited with the Better Business Bureau.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Corpus Christi, TX

"Air conditioner"
We've had the Carrier air conditioner for 6 years. I really like how the air conditioner keeps the house cool during the summer and warm during the winter. What I don't like about the air conditioner is that it has broken down twice in the last 2 years. When we attempted to get the air conditioner repaired, the repairman tried to poke our eyes out by rigging the air conditioner to where it would work; but then eventually break down again. Luckily we had gotten a 2nd opinion that day. I'm not sure what part of the air conditioner was repaired but when the air conditioner was broken we had to live with my mom while it was getting fixed. I would not buy the air conditioner again because I'm sure there are better brands out there. I would also not recommend anybody to buy the air conditioner. The air conditioner does the job but no thanks.

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: Sam assisi
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Very satisfied"
I have had a Carrier since 1992. If you service it yearly and change or clean the filter monthly you should have no problems.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: North Liberty Indiana

"best central air system ive ever owned."
This is the first house I've ever had central air at and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Not only does it cool my house down almost instantly but it keeps it at that lower temperature without having to be run all day and run up a huge electric bill. It's low maintenance as well, not much needed to keep everything running properly, just the occasional air filter change and adding Freon every year or two. If I was asked to suggest a product to someone I would highly suggest Carrier over any other type of air conditioning system. It's easily the best, not just for the job that it does but also for the price and convenience of not having to continually adjust or update anything.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Tucson, Arizona

"Review of Carrier Central Air Conditioning Unit"
Because I am located in Arizona, my central air conditioning unit faces an extremely brutal desert summer yearly from May to September. During these months, it faces temperatures of more than 110 degrees on a regular basis, which causes it to run constantly 24/7. That being said, I am mostly satisfied with the Carrier 24ACB348A300 unit that was located in my home when I moved in. The unit is located outdoors, specifically, next to my master bedroom. This can be noisy at times, but I have gotten used to the sound that the air conditioning unit creates. The unit is a little over 10 years old, and has not required much on the side of maintenance. A heating and cooling repairman had checked it over about 2 years ago, and the unit was running fine. I feel that the unit is mostly efficient, and my energy bills are reflective of its quality and reliability. I think this unit would be good to recommend to a friend because of its cost of ownership and reliability!

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Port St Lucie

"Efficient and dependable air conditioner"
We bought a home with this air conditioner already installed. The unit is approximately 5 years old. It is reliable and dependable. Cooling a home in Florida is a challenge and this unit works very well. When temperatures soar over 90 degrees for months on end, a reliable cooling system is imperative. In the three years that we have owned the home the only repair needed was to replace a broken capacitor which was a relatively cheap fix. Other than the unit being on the larger size (which is necessary) the only complaint would be that the unit is rather noisy when standing near it. Would like something a little quieter. Fortunately it is on the side of the home and not where we are when outside. Would definitely go with the same manufacturer again as they make a very dependable product and have been in the air conditioning business for a long time. I would recommend this product to both friends and family for their homes if the need arises. A good product at a fair price. Dependable and good unit.

Date created: 2015-10-06 Name: Steve Nelsen
Location: Plano, TX

"Coils replaced after 10 months"
November 4, 2014, I paid $6,400 dollars to have my 22-year-old upstairs Goodman heating and air conditioner system replaced. My old Goodman was a 10 SEER 2.5 ton system and was replaced for a Carrier 16 SEER 3 ton system. The new Carrier 16 SEER system provided me 30% lower bills through out the 10 months of use during both winter and summer. However, in September of 2015 I had the system checked along with my 23-year-old downstairs Goodman air conditioner. My 10-month-old Carrier system was already approximately 1 pound low on Freon. Further investigation found that the coils of my 10-month-old Carrier system are leaking and must be replaced. The company that did the install is replacing the coils at no cost to me because I have a service agreement with them. However, I am now reluctant to install another Carrier system to replace my downstairs system because of what I would call shoddy manufacturing by Carrier.

Date created: 2015-09-28 Location: Los Angeles, California

"A non-biased review of Carrier AC units"
I have had this unit for less than a year now. Obviously I have had no need to repair it. But if in case I would need to, I have peace of mind knowing I have a unit that has a 10-year warranty on it. Aside from that I feel the best part about this is the quiet operations of the AC. Decibels and stuff like that are clearly indicated on the packaging and stuff, but you really get to appreciate it after it has been installed. So far I have not experienced any problems with it. And the only thing I dislike about it is the expensive upfront cost. But then again, you get what you pay for. In this case the money I shelled out was very much worth it. And I'd definitely recommend this to any friend that plans to buy AC units in the future.

Date created: 2015-09-11 Name: charles jacobson
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL

"Rusting AC outside, close to ocean"
Within three months the unit started rusting. Bought a coastal rated 5 year guarantee. Now it's about a year old and it will never make it two years. Around the curves of the unit the outside grating has terrible rust, a very poor paint job. Called Carrier and they would not do anything for me. No one should buy a Carrier near the beach, they have poor quality.

Date created: 2015-09-04 Name: Gregg
Location: Minnetonka, MN

"Carrier is a joke"
I had a brand new Carrier furnace and air conditioner installed. The equipment is just over 2 years old and about 2 weeks ago the AC quit working. I paid $130 for the repairman to tell me I had a bad coil. The $800 part is under warranty, which is great, but the $600-800 to install it is not. I called Carrier customer service and they told me that only the part is under warranty and too bad for me on the labor. I asked if it is reasonable to have to spend $600-800 on a two-year-old air conditioner and they told me I was free to shop the labor around with any Carrier repair shop. Thanks for the great advice, not. I would think twice before purchasing a Carrier product. Before I wrote this review I took a moment to notice there are many reviews and problems similar to mine.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>