Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-09-28 Location: Los Angeles, California

"A non-biased review of Carrier AC units"
I have had this unit for less than a year now. Obviously I have had no need to repair it. But if in case I would need to, I have peace of mind knowing I have a unit that has a 10-year warranty on it. Aside from that I feel the best part about this is the quiet operations of the AC. Decibels and stuff like that are clearly indicated on the packaging and stuff, but you really get to appreciate it after it has been installed. So far I have not experienced any problems with it. And the only thing I dislike about it is the expensive upfront cost. But then again, you get what you pay for. In this case the money I shelled out was very much worth it. And I'd definitely recommend this to any friend that plans to buy AC units in the future.

Date created: 2015-09-11 Name: charles jacobson
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL

"Rusting AC outside, close to ocean"
Within three months the unit started rusting. Bought a coastal rated 5 year guarantee. Now it's about a year old and it will never make it two years. Around the curves of the unit the outside grating has terrible rust, a very poor paint job. Called Carrier and they would not do anything for me. No one should buy a Carrier near the beach, they have poor quality.

Date created: 2015-09-04 Name: Gregg
Location: Minnetonka, MN

"Carrier is a joke"
I had a brand new Carrier furnace and air conditioner installed. The equipment is just over 2 years old and about 2 weeks ago the AC quit working. I paid $130 for the repairman to tell me I had a bad coil. The $800 part is under warranty, which is great, but the $600-800 to install it is not. I called Carrier customer service and they told me that only the part is under warranty and too bad for me on the labor. I asked if it is reasonable to have to spend $600-800 on a two-year-old air conditioner and they told me I was free to shop the labor around with any Carrier repair shop. Thanks for the great advice, not. I would think twice before purchasing a Carrier product. Before I wrote this review I took a moment to notice there are many reviews and problems similar to mine.

Date created: 2015-09-02 Name: Mike
Location: Florida

"Filter replacement is poorly designed"
Filter replacement is underneath the unit. The filter always gets stuck putting in or taking out. It requires that I lie on the floor to free the filter from getting stuck. Whoever designed this must never have tested for user-friendliness of filter replacement.

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: John
Location: Vancouver

"Bad unit and horrible services"
Brand new one is totally not working. Worst customer service ever! Do not buy Carrier's products! It's a waste of your money.

Date created: 2015-07-24 Name: I Acevedo
Location: Fairhope, AL

"Worst experience ever"
Purchased a new unit on March 2015. 3 months later the unit is making a lot of noise, and needs a new fan motor. Carrier says because they did not sell the unit to me they cannot replace it; the distributor is the only one I can deal with and they say they can only fix it, they will never replace this unit. And me, the customer, will have to cross my fingers that nothing else happens to this unit in the future an keep paying for the unit as brand new because nobody is responsible for nothing. I have a year warranty on labor, and 10 years in parts. Besides that, nothing else can be done. It is ridiculous, such expensive machines and such bad customer service.

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: SAD News
Location: Virginia

"13 months after it's down!"
You would think that these items are programmed by Carrier to fail! It worked well from June 12th - September 15th and from April - July 21. Yes that is all! We will see what surprise we get when the technician comes to check this! The unit is huge also. If you are getting a new one just read some reviews and stay away from Carrier, this tells you what the company's values are.

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: noel
Location: Florida

"Bad unit"
I am an installer from 1992. I bought a 4 ton Carrier complete and it just can't cool 1250 square feet. There's compressor noise, the coil comes with piston 82. I called Carrier to let them know what's going on, they sent an 80 piston, same problem. Now I have to pay for the customer's light bill. This crap runs all day until someone turns it off. R410 and Carrier is like a gunman robbing an old lady.

Date created: 2015-06-25 Name: d pRZYWARA
Location: Maryland

"Bad unit"
Had it installed last week, A/C and furnace. I had to call the installer back, the A/C had a bad motor and was making a humming noise all over my house. I have to wait for the part to come in and listen to the humming. I made a bad choice. Do not buy a Carrier!

Date created: 2015-05-29 Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Lasted a long time, works okay"
We've had a carrier 5 ton air conditioner for the last 20 years. It works okay, but we've had to get the Freon replaced several times. When it is fully charged, it works very well. It can quickly cool my house down. We recently got it repaired 2 years ago. I think mainly we didn't clean it often so one of the belts wore out. When we got this changed, we also recharged the Freon. The repair was successful and now we are able to use the AC perfectly fine. I would recommend this air conditioner as it has lasted a very long time and I didn't have to replace much of anything on it. Just remember that the unit will need to be cleaned sometimes. Especially if you have a tree or bush nearby that sheds leaves. I think that was the main problem. Other than that minimal maintenance was required for this unit.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>