Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920

Date created: 2007-05-23 Name: M. Rose
Location: Belton, TX

Purchased Carrier for their name and paid a hefty price upfront but I live in Texas and I need reliability. Really like the system - never have to worry about the unit breaking or if it will cool my house during the hot Texas summers. I cannot say one bad thing about my 5 ton Carrier unit only good things. Big cost upfront but it seems to be worth it when you start to look at the other reviews here and the cost they actually end up with in the end - which very few take into consideration when purchasing a central air conditioner.

Date created: 2007-02-24 Name: D.

We purchased this Carrier WeatherMaker 38TUA with our house in 2000. In 1997 the previous homeowner purchased it as a replacement for the Trane system installed when the house was built in 1993. We've done absolutely nothing in the way of maintenance with this unit. The extended 10-year warranty purchased with the unit was transferred to us when we bought the house, and I'm happy to say it looks like it won't be used at all! I'll purchase the Carrier brand when we replace this unit because of the great experience we've had and the fact that our house was cool when others were not during last summer's hottest weather.

Date created: 2006-12-02 Name: mike ratican
Location: grovertown, in.

Installed in 1994 with new Carrier furnace (weather maker). Cleaned and maintained ahead of schedule - winterized and covered every year - basically babied. Problems every year since 1997 (3 years after install). To date, 3 fan motors have been replaced. Very expensive parts. Latest motor is the heaviest duty compatible GE we could find. At the end of this season, it appears the condensor is about to go. Like the matching Carrier furnace we just replaced after only 12 years (bad heat exchanged), this is the most overrated and expensive equipment out there.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920