Consumer Reviews of Carrier central air conditioners

Read more about Carrier central air conditioners

<< Previous1112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: Ms. Frustrated

"Not worth your money."
I purchased a brand new home with a Carrier central air unit in 2007. By the summer 2008 the unit failed to operate right after my 1 year labor warranty expired. First it stoped blowing cold or hot air. Then the motor went bad along with the control boards. Parts not available and Carrier is no help Costing me about $500 to fix problems on a unit that's just 2 years old.

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Liz M.

"1 star"
We are just not happy with our Carrie a/C. Too many issues and still does not work well.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: G. Hazelbrook

"Leaks freon and breaks down constantly"
Every year we have to add freon because of leaks in the coil and in five years we've had four repairs for defective parts (fan,contractor, capacitor and vavle). We have spent almost as much in repairs as we did to have this piece of junk put in! Very unhappy!

Date created: 2009-05-24 Name: Chuck

"Very Dependable"
Parents own a 2-year old luxury townhome with dual-zone central a/C. The house has two 13 seer builder-grade air-conditioners and two gas furnaces, which work awesome! The furnaces are a little loud, but the air-conditioners are very quiet. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another Carrier product.

Date created: 2009-05-07 Name: ecwingen

"LOUDER THAN OLD UNIT!"
Just had a 3 ton 12/14 seer package unit installed; is energystar model for the tax credit. It cools the house ok, but it is louder than the 20 year old Amana it replaced! The compressor makes a horrible buzzing sound that we can hear throughout the house. It makes your teeth vibrate and produces a headache in a matter of minutes. We were told the unit would be no louder than a new refrigerator, which was a big lie. The neighbors have complained already; they never complained about the sound of the old unit.

Date created: 2008-12-30 Name: Art
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Package Unit 10 Seer"
After 13 years, finally replaced my two 10 seer Carrier package units which were builder installed in 1995. Other than replacing the control board for $550 on downstairs unit in 2007, and the upstairs unit quit heating in Dec 2008, never really had any major problems. I could have replaced the control board on the upstairs unit, but with wear and tear in the desert heat over time resulting in broken frames on the units and bearings starting to go, decided to upgrade. Switched to American Standard 14 seer, received lifetime maintenance checks, and 10 year warranty on parts and labor. Why switch? Carrier is not the easiest to fix, it took three different contractors before we found one who was lucky enough and skilled enough to figure out the control board was at fault. American Standards are a lot easier to diagnose and we couldn't turn the deal down, saved a lot compared to what new Carriers would cost these days.

Date created: 2008-12-11 Name: B. Swivel
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Condo owner"
Have a small 1 1/2 ton A/C unit for a 900sqft condo in S. Texas. In my condo project this builders quality unit still has aprox 60% of the original units operating since the project was built in 1982. Mine has just quit after 26 years, with me being the sole owner/occupier of the home for that period. I'm surprised to find Carrier not highly recommended while looking for a replacement....will explore all options.

Date created: 2008-09-23 Name: J. JACKMAN
Location: Tucson, AZ

"CARRIER A/C"
We paid extra when our house was built to upgrade to a higher seer than was standard with the house. We have been very satisfied with the unit. other than service calls for a seasonal check we have had no problems. the other homes in the area who did not upgrade are not as satisfied as their units have to work harder to keep the house cool. as a result, their air conditioning bills are twice what mine are. sometimes folks are unhappy for reasons that are really their own fault by not doing the research to actually see what a/c is appropriate for their square footage.

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Irene Thiel
Location: San Diego, CA

"Unhappy Camper"
Spent $3300 in 2003 for a brand new Carrier A/C unit. Rarely home, so the actual usage has been minimal, but every time it gets hot my A/C doesn't work. I have had numerous service calls, and then this year the condenser goes out on me, one month short of the five year warranty. However, that doesn't seem to matter because the condenser isn't covered under the five year warranty! So now I have to buy a new condenser or just start over with a new unit, when I should have been able to rely on this product for many years - I am not a happy camper!!!!

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: Ruether
Location: Davis Spring, Austin, Texas

" Carrier Air conditioning unit 2002 model"
We built this home in July 2002 and the Carrier A/C unit is not cooling and working properly and has slow leak last year we replaced a coil because of this in the other unit and now they found a pin sized leak in this unit and its only 6 years old. I thought A/C units last longer than that . DO NOT BUY CARRIER or buy an new home with Carrier Air conditioning units.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021Next >>