Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-04-15 Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Works well until it doesn't"
We've have the Carrier Tech 2000SS for about 10 years. It worked well and cooled the house efficiently up until this past summer. I'm not sure about the lifespan of the product, but up until it stopped working it was very nice. We have a stucco house, so often the house will continue heating up after the sun goes down. Sleeping in a hot house is very hard for me, so being able to turn on the AC for a short time and cool the house down helped me avoid a restless night. We are looking to get it repaired, and I don't know what that will run yet. Hopefully it isn't too expensive, and hopefully we don't have to replace it. Overall, I am very satisfied with the AC unit. I would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Troy,NY

"Reviewing My Carrier Central Air Conditioner"
I can't say enough good things about my Carrier central air conditioner. I have owned this for twenty years. Throughout this time I have had absolutely no trouble or problems with it. Every year for twenty years when I flip the switch for the first time when I need it, it kicks on instantly with no problem. I like that the unit is not too large and it sits in a discreet place in my backyard. I've never had to have it repaired. I also like the fact that the pump that was installed alongside my central heating unit is small enough where it takes up very little room and connects easily to my furnace. Twenty years later it runs as quiet as it did the first day we used it. It is energy efficient and does not run up my electric bill when I'm using it. I am extremely happy with my Carrier central air conditioner and would recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Sarasota FL

"Keeps me warm in the winter & cool in the summer."
I have owned owned the unit for two years, it came already installed in my new home. I like the fact that it cools really well in this Florida heat and that it also performs well in the winter. What I dislike about the unit is that it is not solar powered. Luckily for me I have not needed a repair or to replace it. I probably wouldn't buy the same unit again because in the future I am looking for something more solar driven to help cut cost. However I would recommend it to the friend that is interested in an AC unit. The output of the unit is nice and the functionality is good so overall it performs well.

Date created: 2016-01-20 Name: D. Foss
Location: Austin, TX

"Carrier couldn't be scarier! Total garbage!"
My house is only two and a half years old and the Carrier evaporator coil is totally rusted out. The company knows that they manufacture a defective product but don't care about the consumer. They covered the part, which they changed to all aluminum now, but I had to pay out $1400.00 in labor. This company has 0 integrity or retarded engineers or both.

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Texas

"Goodman Cooling is Number One"
We bought our house in April 2015 and with it being a 2 story home, we were a little nervous about the cooling system. It is a 3000 square foot home so that is a lot of cooling space. From what we have always heard, 3 ton would not be enough. The former owners only lived in the home for one year and couldn't tell us anything about it. We knew we had a home owners insurance policy that came with the house, so we decided to chance it. Upon inspection, the only thing we were told was to have it serviced by HVAC. We did make the call to them to service and were very happy to hear that it was only 8 years old but in excellent working condition. In the heat of the Texas summer when the temps were soaring outside, our home was so nice and cool. We have been very pleased. It is super quiet. We can set the thermostat on 74 and we are comfortable around the clock. Our electric bills have been awesome! I feel it is reasonably priced. It has a 10 year guarantee but you can also buy a premium guarantee. I feel like we would stick with Goodman if we ever do need to purchase a new system. It is a good name and accredited with the Better Business Bureau.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Corpus Christi, TX

"Air conditioner"
We've had the Carrier air conditioner for 6 years. I really like how the air conditioner keeps the house cool during the summer and warm during the winter. What I don't like about the air conditioner is that it has broken down twice in the last 2 years. When we attempted to get the air conditioner repaired, the repairman tried to poke our eyes out by rigging the air conditioner to where it would work; but then eventually break down again. Luckily we had gotten a 2nd opinion that day. I'm not sure what part of the air conditioner was repaired but when the air conditioner was broken we had to live with my mom while it was getting fixed. I would not buy the air conditioner again because I'm sure there are better brands out there. I would also not recommend anybody to buy the air conditioner. The air conditioner does the job but no thanks.

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: Sam assisi
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Very satisfied"
I have had a Carrier since 1992. If you service it yearly and change or clean the filter monthly you should have no problems.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: North Liberty Indiana

"best central air system ive ever owned."
This is the first house I've ever had central air at and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Not only does it cool my house down almost instantly but it keeps it at that lower temperature without having to be run all day and run up a huge electric bill. It's low maintenance as well, not much needed to keep everything running properly, just the occasional air filter change and adding Freon every year or two. If I was asked to suggest a product to someone I would highly suggest Carrier over any other type of air conditioning system. It's easily the best, not just for the job that it does but also for the price and convenience of not having to continually adjust or update anything.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Tucson, Arizona

"Review of Carrier Central Air Conditioning Unit"
Because I am located in Arizona, my central air conditioning unit faces an extremely brutal desert summer yearly from May to September. During these months, it faces temperatures of more than 110 degrees on a regular basis, which causes it to run constantly 24/7. That being said, I am mostly satisfied with the Carrier 24ACB348A300 unit that was located in my home when I moved in. The unit is located outdoors, specifically, next to my master bedroom. This can be noisy at times, but I have gotten used to the sound that the air conditioning unit creates. The unit is a little over 10 years old, and has not required much on the side of maintenance. A heating and cooling repairman had checked it over about 2 years ago, and the unit was running fine. I feel that the unit is mostly efficient, and my energy bills are reflective of its quality and reliability. I think this unit would be good to recommend to a friend because of its cost of ownership and reliability!

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Port St Lucie

"Efficient and dependable air conditioner"
We bought a home with this air conditioner already installed. The unit is approximately 5 years old. It is reliable and dependable. Cooling a home in Florida is a challenge and this unit works very well. When temperatures soar over 90 degrees for months on end, a reliable cooling system is imperative. In the three years that we have owned the home the only repair needed was to replace a broken capacitor which was a relatively cheap fix. Other than the unit being on the larger size (which is necessary) the only complaint would be that the unit is rather noisy when standing near it. Would like something a little quieter. Fortunately it is on the side of the home and not where we are when outside. Would definitely go with the same manufacturer again as they make a very dependable product and have been in the air conditioning business for a long time. I would recommend this product to both friends and family for their homes if the need arises. A good product at a fair price. Dependable and good unit.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>