Consumer Reviews of Carrier central air conditioners

Read more about Carrier central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Rajiv Misraa
Location: New Delhi, India

"Cheating by Service Dealer of Carrier in New Delhi India"
My Carrier 1.5 Ton Window A/C worked well for about seven years and turned defective in March 2017. Team of two mechanics visited on call and declared some part defective and collected cheque payment of 3350.00 but within ten days AC again stopped functioning. Again second team of mechanics visited from same Dealer Franchisee of Carrier in New Delhi, India and reported that earlier team had made AC functional by temporary solution by tightening the screws and informed that compressor motor had turned defective costing inr 4800.00. I am feeling cheated by collection of 3350 by first team and ready for payment of balance amount for change of motor compressor. Carrier Service Manager does not want to talk to customer and had not got the air conditioner set right despite my several mail. Most unsatisfied service of Carrier Air conditioner in New Delhi, India. Please get my job done immediately. Rajiv Misraa Phone+91-9810973812 26/8 Third Floor West Patel Nagar New Delhi India 110008 Unsatisfied Cheated Customer By Carrier Service

Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: Ben Lin
Location: Bethesda, MD

"24ACC4 compressor fails after 1 summer"
Installed in September 2015 with light use in 2016. Bad compressor on April 16th when started for first time in 2017. Anyone else having problem with this series -- Carrier Comfort 14 seer, model 24acc4 - 660a063 (series 3115e15419)?

Date created: 2017-04-17 Name: Ned khan
Location: Carlisle, PA

"Bought junk"
Bought a 5 ton commercial unit in 2009, installed by CR Powers in Carlisle, PA, the unit gave freezing of coils problem from the first year and problem every summer and fall when asked to replace the unit was told there was no warranty after one year the dealer charged me every year for many parts and service including replacing the fan and blower motors, capacitors etc and now again after one year of replacing both motors for a substantial amount the motors are burnt again and was told so is the compressor burnt and have to buy s new unit, someone told me they have a ten year warranty on these machines but I don't know who to contact at Carrrier, the dealer had already refused to stand by the warranty many years back.

Date created: 2017-03-17 Name: S. Heisner
Location: Bethlehem, PA

"Excellent Service by Installers of Carrier!"
I recently had my Carrier central a/c installed by Sarosky heating and a/c of Bethlehem, pa. If anyone is looking for someone to install their Carrier unit, I would suggest this company.. I am more than pleased with them! First of all, out of my 3 estimates I obtained prior to choosing Sarosky, they were the least expensive, for this same Carrier product. Secondly, their service was Prompt. I received the quote, and in a timely manner they were able to set up & do the installation...as opposed to a wait time of 1-2-3 months down the line. Thirdly, the service was terrific! When it was being installed, I felt that the employees really were very knowledgeable by telling me/educating me on the work that they were doing, as they were doing it. Frank, the one technician said that he has been working at the company for 24 years! So he/they, were very personable & very competent. They answered every (painstaking, I'm sure! LOL:)) question I had along the way. They even made an effort to accommodate my crazy work schedule, which I know posed some inconveniences for them. So far I am very pleased with the contractors they deal with re: Sarosky heating and a/c & of course, my Carrier unit. Easy to maintain, is very quiet and I think I am going to be very satisfied with it overall. They get 5 stars all the way around from me. I would highly recommend them both, Sarosky Heating & a/c and Carrier:)

Date created: 2016-12-26 Name: Maria amy fiel t. Racines
Location: Marobojoc, Bohol, Phillipines

"Unresolved warranty issues"
My AC unit failed to cool last October, after having used it for just 10 months. I reported it to the dealer, and technicians were sent after days of waiting. Diagnosis was the voltage went 200, which I do not really understand. Until now, the unit is not yet fixed because according to the service center, it really takes a very long time for Carrier to entertain problems especially on change of parts. I am planning to visit the Dept of Trade and Industry about this matter. Imagine 2 months of discomfort...what about the warranty? I cannot even give a rate of .05 for Carrier. Thank you.

Date created: 2016-12-17 Name: P holloway
Location: Lexington, KY

"Workers"
Every serviceman I had out to install my new unit was very professional and very polite. Yes I am super satisfied with my unit and would definitely buy it again from Bryant.

Date created: 2016-09-28 Name: F.Caputo
Location: Apex, NC

"Horrendous!"
Bought the house 3 years ago, the unit was 3 years old. In that time 1 capacitor gone, and 2 pump fans. All HVAC systems are money pits no matter how much maintenance you keep on them. They are a waste of money. When this unit goes I will get my in-wall air conditioning units. They never break down and don't need maintenance. My maintenance costs for this so far in 3 years is $1500$ and I'm sure I'm not done. It's only 6 years old and a piece of crap...thank god for my wood burning stove for the winter! It's the worst industry to deal with...they are all scam artists!

Date created: 2016-09-11 Name: TARKESHWAR SINGH
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

"Poor design of evaporator model VL2442-UN, serial 6879"
The evaporator coil mentioned in the above title of review had its condensate tray made of iron without adequate protection from rusting. It rusted out completely and all the condensate water started pouring down on the blower fan and motor. In the middle of a hot summer I had no choice but to call ** ***** of Tinton Falls, New Jersey, an authorized Carrier contractor, who charged me a total $2,872.62 on 6/13/2015 to replace evaporator with Model No. CNPVP4221ALAAAAA, Serial No. 2115X40829. It was a highway robbery. The total cost for both the Carrier A/C and heating furnace was $4,865.00. Being an electrical engineer by profession, and having worked on Carrier air conditioning units for years for building complexes for a bi-state Government agency, I was very impressed with the quality of Carrier A/C units. That made me buy a Carrier A/C and heating furnace to replace my Sears central A/C and Westinghouse furnace after nearly 30 years of service. Very disappointed and unsatisfied with Carrier and ** *****.

Date created: 2016-09-08 Name: L Richards
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

"Faulty AC, month to fix, no compensation"
Never buy Carrier, they sit in an ivory tower and have no response to customer issues. Took a month from the date of install to replace my faulty unit. Hydro bill doubled, took a total of 10 hours off work to let the techs in the house to test their product. The rep didn't return my calls, now I'm out over $250 in wages plus $200 in extra hydro.

Date created: 2016-08-25 Name: T. Johns
Location: Atlanta, GA

"TXV expansion valves fail within 3 years."
Carrier has had a known problem with the TXV expansion valve which can fail within 3 years such as mine. They will cover the part but not the over $500 labor fee to replace it. Sad, but be ready to pay a service fee of 10% of the Carrier system cost within 3 years. Hardly a quality product

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>