Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: L. Skinner
Location: Lancaster, PA

"Worst reliability of any system ever owned"
Infinity 96 system purchased in new home in December 2006. Have since replaced condensate pump twice, evaporator coils twice, and now the variable speed blower motor. All this while having the unit routinely maintained twice per year. Worst reliability of any major appliance that I have had in 40 years of home ownership. Will never buy Carrier products again.

Date created: 2016-06-01 Name: Evelyn Gansfuss
Location: Pittstown, NJ

"No Longer a reliable brand"
Thought Carrier was a good brand. Maybe it was when it was located in the United States. Just 10 years old and it has to be replaced as it rusted out. This unit is for my office. I have a Trane at home and it is over 28 years old and still going strong. Obviously I will not get another Carrier.

Date created: 2016-05-26 Name: Altaf
Location: Godhra, India

"Worst service, don't buy a Carrier AC"
Worst service I have ever seen. I bought a Carrier Novello Plus AC and within 8 month it was noisy. I complained a month ago and no one has come to solve this problem. They only cover cities. Don't buy if you are living in towns or villages. I complained on April 29, 2016 and today is May 26, 2016. Still my complaint is pending. My complaint number is 131063246.

Date created: 2016-05-02 Name: Phil simmons
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Got my money's worth"
I've been living in my house for 33 years and the Carrier air conditioner that was in my house was at least 2 years old so it is at least 35 years old. The only thing I have had done to it was a new fan motor about 6 years ago that cost me $250. That's not a bad investment for 35 years. I have thought about having it replaced because I'm sure the newer model would be cheaper on my electric bill but it's now come down to see how long it will last. It's about 85 here now in North Carolina and my house is quite cool inside. And oh yeah I built onto my house 25 years ago and added 2 large rooms and hasn't affected its cooling capacity a bit. My unit is so old that the outside cover is rusting out at the bottom but still runs like a brand new one. Needless to say I've got my money's worth. Go Carrier!

Date created: 2016-04-15 Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Works well until it doesn't"
We've have the Carrier Tech 2000SS for about 10 years. It worked well and cooled the house efficiently up until this past summer. I'm not sure about the lifespan of the product, but up until it stopped working it was very nice. We have a stucco house, so often the house will continue heating up after the sun goes down. Sleeping in a hot house is very hard for me, so being able to turn on the AC for a short time and cool the house down helped me avoid a restless night. We are looking to get it repaired, and I don't know what that will run yet. Hopefully it isn't too expensive, and hopefully we don't have to replace it. Overall, I am very satisfied with the AC unit. I would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Troy,NY

"Reviewing My Carrier Central Air Conditioner"
I can't say enough good things about my Carrier central air conditioner. I have owned this for twenty years. Throughout this time I have had absolutely no trouble or problems with it. Every year for twenty years when I flip the switch for the first time when I need it, it kicks on instantly with no problem. I like that the unit is not too large and it sits in a discreet place in my backyard. I've never had to have it repaired. I also like the fact that the pump that was installed alongside my central heating unit is small enough where it takes up very little room and connects easily to my furnace. Twenty years later it runs as quiet as it did the first day we used it. It is energy efficient and does not run up my electric bill when I'm using it. I am extremely happy with my Carrier central air conditioner and would recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Sarasota FL

"Keeps me warm in the winter & cool in the summer."
I have owned owned the unit for two years, it came already installed in my new home. I like the fact that it cools really well in this Florida heat and that it also performs well in the winter. What I dislike about the unit is that it is not solar powered. Luckily for me I have not needed a repair or to replace it. I probably wouldn't buy the same unit again because in the future I am looking for something more solar driven to help cut cost. However I would recommend it to the friend that is interested in an AC unit. The output of the unit is nice and the functionality is good so overall it performs well.

Date created: 2016-01-20 Name: D. Foss
Location: Austin, TX

"Carrier couldn't be scarier! Total garbage!"
My house is only two and a half years old and the Carrier evaporator coil is totally rusted out. The company knows that they manufacture a defective product but don't care about the consumer. They covered the part, which they changed to all aluminum now, but I had to pay out $1400.00 in labor. This company has 0 integrity or retarded engineers or both.

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Texas

"Goodman Cooling is Number One"
We bought our house in April 2015 and with it being a 2 story home, we were a little nervous about the cooling system. It is a 3000 square foot home so that is a lot of cooling space. From what we have always heard, 3 ton would not be enough. The former owners only lived in the home for one year and couldn't tell us anything about it. We knew we had a home owners insurance policy that came with the house, so we decided to chance it. Upon inspection, the only thing we were told was to have it serviced by HVAC. We did make the call to them to service and were very happy to hear that it was only 8 years old but in excellent working condition. In the heat of the Texas summer when the temps were soaring outside, our home was so nice and cool. We have been very pleased. It is super quiet. We can set the thermostat on 74 and we are comfortable around the clock. Our electric bills have been awesome! I feel it is reasonably priced. It has a 10 year guarantee but you can also buy a premium guarantee. I feel like we would stick with Goodman if we ever do need to purchase a new system. It is a good name and accredited with the Better Business Bureau.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Corpus Christi, TX

"Air conditioner"
We've had the Carrier air conditioner for 6 years. I really like how the air conditioner keeps the house cool during the summer and warm during the winter. What I don't like about the air conditioner is that it has broken down twice in the last 2 years. When we attempted to get the air conditioner repaired, the repairman tried to poke our eyes out by rigging the air conditioner to where it would work; but then eventually break down again. Luckily we had gotten a 2nd opinion that day. I'm not sure what part of the air conditioner was repaired but when the air conditioner was broken we had to live with my mom while it was getting fixed. I would not buy the air conditioner again because I'm sure there are better brands out there. I would also not recommend anybody to buy the air conditioner. The air conditioner does the job but no thanks.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>