Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2008-12-11 Name: B. Swivel
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Condo owner"
Have a small 1 1/2 ton A/C unit for a 900sqft condo in S. Texas. In my condo project this builders quality unit still has aprox 60% of the original units operating since the project was built in 1982. Mine has just quit after 26 years, with me being the sole owner/occupier of the home for that period. I'm surprised to find Carrier not highly recommended while looking for a replacement....will explore all options.

Date created: 2008-09-23 Name: J. JACKMAN
Location: Tucson, AZ

"CARRIER A/C"
We paid extra when our house was built to upgrade to a higher seer than was standard with the house. We have been very satisfied with the unit. other than service calls for a seasonal check we have had no problems. the other homes in the area who did not upgrade are not as satisfied as their units have to work harder to keep the house cool. as a result, their air conditioning bills are twice what mine are. sometimes folks are unhappy for reasons that are really their own fault by not doing the research to actually see what a/c is appropriate for their square footage.

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Irene Thiel
Location: San Diego, CA

"Unhappy Camper"
Spent $3300 in 2003 for a brand new Carrier A/C unit. Rarely home, so the actual usage has been minimal, but every time it gets hot my A/C doesn't work. I have had numerous service calls, and then this year the condenser goes out on me, one month short of the five year warranty. However, that doesn't seem to matter because the condenser isn't covered under the five year warranty! So now I have to buy a new condenser or just start over with a new unit, when I should have been able to rely on this product for many years - I am not a happy camper!!!!

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: Ruether
Location: Davis Spring, Austin, Texas

" Carrier Air conditioning unit 2002 model"
We built this home in July 2002 and the Carrier A/C unit is not cooling and working properly and has slow leak last year we replaced a coil because of this in the other unit and now they found a pin sized leak in this unit and its only 6 years old. I thought A/C units last longer than that . DO NOT BUY CARRIER or buy an new home with Carrier Air conditioning units.

Date created: 2008-07-20 Name: M. Follette
Location: Round Rock,TX

"Carrier Review"
We did not choose a Carrier, our builder did. It only came with a 1 year warranty on labor and 5 year warranty on parts. It quit working the 2nd year after it was installed. After many visits, the Repair Company found a leak in the coil, replaced that part and now it is not working again. It is ridiculous that I have to pay any amount of money to have this piece of junk fixed when it is barely 4 years old. It has never worked properly and I am so frustrated. Do not buy one of these pieces of total junk.

Date created: 2008-07-10 Name: Brian
Location: Fresno, CA

"Carrier 48SX024-60"
Have had a Carrier 48SX024-60 "Dual-Pack" roof unit for 11 years now. No major problems, some weak areas I and my A/C tech have noticed, insulation comes loose inside the furnace section. Has to be reattached with screwed down plates or aluminum duct tape. Condenser fan/coil design is questionable, it is a "pusher" design with the fan/shroud pushing air through the coils then out past the compressor and out the other side. Condenser coils must be kept clean or compressor shut downs will occur (especially in 100+ degree weather). All newer designs have a "puller" fan design. 11 years with no R-22 loss.

Date created: 2008-07-09 Name: R. Miller
Location: Arlington, TX

"Texas 1979 Carrier 38GS"
This central 3 1/2 ton, A/C - furnace was installed when the 2200 sq ft house was built in 1979! It is finally (last summer and this) not able to cut the mustard, will only cool us to 80 degrees last summer and this summer, and our bills were high - probably a 6 Seer if we're lucky. (Therefore, I am shopping for a new system.) My very experienced HVAC friend sees some design flaws in the way the system was installed, and in the furdown system (rather than ducts) in this house; that could have improved its efficiency. Other than that, who can argue with 29 years of service? After reading reviews on many different units, I feel lucky to have had one last this long; and it is with intrepidation that I purchase another. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Date created: 2008-06-26 Name: J. Johnstone
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Happy with my choice."
I have a Carrier 38tra seer 13, 4 ton split unit, that is working great so far. On 100 degree days, it is in the low 70's in my house and would go even lower I think, if I was willing to pay a higher electric bill. I think if you don't do your homework and pick the right company to install your system correctly, you are only asking for trouble. A good unit with a bad install is no better than a bad system.

Date created: 2008-06-23 Name: G. Ahrens
Location: Omaha, Nebraska

Purchased a Carrier 5 Ton air conditioner 3 years ago with the new house. Coil is leaking already and I'm paying over $500 in labor to replace the part which is under warranty. Repairman said this was common. 3 years? What a piece of junk. Carrier should pay for the labor if they want to stay in business.

Date created: 2008-06-19 Name: C. Oster
Location: Champaign/Urbana, IL

"I could build a better one"
My unit came with a spec house I bought new 4 years ago. Evaporator coil started leaking a year and a half ago. $1500 repair bill later (including new lines because they had kinks in them) I got one year out of it. This spring, condensor coil sprang a leak... in a solid copper line. Replacing the entire system, I can't keep spending $1000 a year on this thing.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>