Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: Marc Paul

"Marc from Canada"
Oops! I am 100% happy with this unit. And with our extreme weather patterns, that's a vote of confidence!!

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: HVAC supplier

"Get LIves"
Get real, people. Rheem, Carrier, and Trane are always on top of Consumer Reports. It's your installers! You all want sh*# done cheap, so you deserve the problems you have. I sure as hell bet you do your research about how your house was built before you buy, right? Do some damn research before you give Joe Schmoe Heating $5k to install a system in your house.

Date created: 2010-04-13 Name: J. C.
Location: TX

"Piece of junk"
Bought a brand new home in 04 with a 'builder grade' Carrier Puron system. Neighbors began having problems with theirs but we didn't until last summer. The system froze up and we were told there was a leak. They put more puron in and a new cap and we hoped it was fixed. Now the outside system won't even start up! We didn't use it during the winter and the repairman isn't sure if it's the compressor with no oil or the coils are leaking. (By the way, we also don't overuse our system. Despite being in TX, we set our thermostat to 79-80 during the summer.) Either way, not going to be a cheap fix. Seems to me if you have bought a Carrier in the last 5 years you are not happy. The AC man said he isn't sure if we can replace the compressor on these units. If it's broken, we might have to buy a new unit!!?? It definitely won't be a Carrier!!

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: M. Longstreet

"Carrier Infinity"
Unit has had 2 breakdowns. Blower motor had to be replaced just before 2 year anniversary. Cracked drain tray had to be replaced at 2 1/2 year anniversary. Therefore, big labor costs. Carrier customer service via phone inefficient re documentation of my phone calls and problems.

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: Albert J.

"Could not be happier!"
I have had nothing but Carrier and would never have anything but! The company that installs and services the unit is every bit as important as the product. I use Sears! So many people cut corners to save a few dollars and then complain about the product!! It is not the product, my friends! It is the installers. Carrier is rated best of the best year after year by Consumer Reports. The information is factual and not biased. Products are rated as Good, Better and Best. So are the companies that install the products! People need to do their homework.

Date created: 2010-02-13 Name: J. Wiederman

"Old Model is Great"
Our 32 year-old Carrier air conditioning is still running great. I'm thinking of replacing it only because they say the new ones are more efficient and I can also take the state rebate check. Come to this site and find, surprisingly, there are so many complaints. I guess, the new Carrier is no longer the old Carrier. (Just like the new Kenmore is no longer the old reliable Kenmore.) Will shop around.

Date created: 2009-12-13 Name: Suze

"Carrier 13 seer air conditioner"
This is my second carrier. The first one came when the house was built and it leaked continuously. Always calling an A/C man to come out. Finally, after seven years of that, I called a reputable dealer who sold me another carrier, but a better model. It ran for four years without a problem and then wham, the leaking began. It took five repairman from the same company to finally figure out what was causing the problem. It was clogged outside. That was found by the supervisor who decided that he had better take a look. It worked for a year and almost to the day, the leaking began again. I now have a sponge inside the A/C to sop up the water and have buckets underneath because the brilliant builder had the A/C put it in a cupboard off the dining room. Tomorrow, a repairman is coming once again and I can only hope he will stop the leak once again. I would never buy another Carrier even if they gave it to me for free. Two are enough. They do nothing but leak. I find it hard to believe that there are people who actually say they're satisfied with no problems. I think they must work for Carrier.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: G. Hammers

"2 year old rusted out piece a junk"
Two new central air units and handlers were installed in my brand new home. In under 2 years, the fan motor and the circuit board has been replaced. The condensation keeps backing up. And, to top it all off, the coils in both units are rusting!! These units are inside the house....not outside, and not in the garage. The service tech told me to take the units out and have them "powder coated" to try to stop the rusting.(at my expense, of course!) Carrier says "you have to expect it to rust"....ARE You kidding me!!! All of this service I had to pay for b/c it was out of the one year warranty. That's hundreds of dollars for every service call made. What a rip off! I paid over $15,000 for these two units. never ever would I recommend a carrier to anyone!!!! p.s. As an afterthought...why the heck would you put coils in a unit that are made out of a material that would rust anyway....obviously you know it comes in contact with condensation and water...doesn't that really shorten the expected life span of the unit??!!

Date created: 2009-08-21 Name: Kim Knaup

"Kim knaup"
The a/c has worked flawlessly for 17 yrs.

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: R Skidmore

"Hot in Texas"
Bought a new home that came with a Carrier Puron system, what a piece of junk, where does Carrier manufacture their product, China? In the short three years that I have been in my home I have had to replace the compressor three times and the a coil is scheduled to be replaced for a third time as well. The reason we decided to by a new home was to avoid the very problem that we are experiencing now. Also, we are not the only one's in our neighborhood with ac issues, everyone with a Carrier system is having the same problems.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>