Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: C. Begley

"Very disappointed in Carrier AC"
We had a carrier ac for 13 years and had it repaired 5 times. I bought a carrier because I thought they were good. I would never buy another carrier.

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: Gerry Wyant
Location: South Texas

"Infinity FE4A / FE5A"
I purchased this very expensive Carrier air conditioner from Sears (big mistake). It was installed a little over two years ago and it has quit working several times. I called Sears and they can take up to three weeks to respond. Since I live in South Texas, I have a choice of braving the house temps of over 90 degrees or stay in a hotel. I have chosen the hotel and I feel helpless to make it right. Please consider another brand and don't ever rely on Sears.

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: Martin

"Unit is pathetic"
We've had nothing but problems with our unit since it was installed. Right now, we are having the motherboard replaced (It is now three and a half years old). It has broken down six times in the past three years. I will NEVER buy another Carrier unit again. All the a/c repair people who have looked at our unit say our problem is common and that they tend to leak at the coil.

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Jim Schmid

"Gas pack commercial unit"
My central ac went down in my store a few days ago. It was really hot outside and the unit was working hard. The unit is a 5 ton unit. Worked great for 5 years and two months. Warranty ended at the five year mark. So the compressor went on the unit and these things happen I understand. The problem is that the compressor has small marks left on it from where it is carried along the assembly line. The compressor sprung a leak right at that spot. I called Carrier and spoke with two different people and they explained that there is nothing they could do. This is not right and I hope other people see this review and if they have been hurt my shoddy workmanship someone will take notice. I'm stuck with this unit but I will not buy another Carrier unit again. I hope you do the same.

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Al

"Carrier Comfort AC: the fan keeps at low speed"
I have same problem (with a new unit) as described in a review below: the fan of the ac rarely goes above low speed. I have seen it turning to high speed sporadically, always at night time and for few minutes only. As a result of the fan blowing at low speed, the cold air is down by the floor, the ac is running non-stop, but does not reduce temperatures!!!! I had few visits from the service techs; nothing has changed; reportedly they are going to clarify the problem with Carrier. My email: [email protected]

Date created: 2010-07-27 Name: Judy Tyler
Location: Texas

"Unhappy Consumer"
I did my research before I bought this unit in Oct of 2007. Within the first year, the thermostat went out. Took two weeks to get it replaced. The motor just burnt out and the unit is less than 3 years old. Four days in Texas in July is not pleasant. Don't know when it will get fixed. Would not recommend, nor would I buy another Carrier.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Tired of the bull!

"HVAC Supplier"
How much is Carrier paying you say your bullsh..? People do their research but like you, companies pay to have their name appear like they are the best!

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: Denise

"Have had 4 - all crap"
We replaced two Carrier units in our old house after just 4 and 5 years respectively and have two in our new house. All 4 are junk. It's not just one part at fault. We've had compressors fail, air handlers fail, leaks galore and all sorts of other problems. Given the choice, I would never install one of these in my home.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: M. Yokonowsky

"New installation"
Agree 120% with the comments that the new Carrier is not like the old. To the folks who said you get what you pay for -- I paid $11k to have my second Carrier installed last year and the installer was supposedly Carrier certified. Have had nothing but problems with it, and NO SUPPORT from Carrier. Finally threatened to take the installer to court and said I would be sending a subpeona to Carrier. The unit was replaced. Still doesn't cool like the old one. When I was getting bids, installers were suggesting I go with other brands. No more Carriers for me.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: Mike S.

"Do your homework"
I worked in the industry for many years, Carrier (and Trane) are the best bar none. Most of the others are owned by the parents of these two. Proper sizing, application and installation is key to determining if a system that lasts for the summer or a generation. Ask questions about the experience and skill level of the installing techs and challenge the dealer to make sure the good techs are present and not out running service calls that day, leaving poorly paid half wits do the installation.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>