Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: Sherry K.
Location: Florida

"Carrier DOES NOT stand behind their product"
Three year old air conditioner had a defective part. Should not have failed so soon. Carrier would replace part only, at a cost of about $50.00, but no labor and would not replace the Puron that was lost as a result of their defect. We were charged $775.00 to fix a 3-year-old unit. Carrier representatives were not helpful (and that is an understatement) and left us with a "sorry about your luck" feeling. Need we say more?????????

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: T. Ladd
Location: Houston, TX

"Infinity Blower Motor"
I have a Carrier Infinity Series air conditioner and furnace that is 1 year old. The blower motor went out in mid July and needed replacement. I read reviews noting the motors were problematic but I did not know that they were so hard to get replaced. It has been over two months that I'm waiting on a new blower motor as the factory has them on backorder and can not tell me when a new motor will be available. The customer representatives are not sympatic to the issue at all. I will never purchase another Carrier product again!

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: vish nadarajah
Location: Allen TX

"Carrier made 2 and 3 Ton AC units pieces of crap"
Never install Carrier Brands as residential outdoor units. Had to replace 2 ( 2Ton and 3 Ton) units within 5 years in a new house. The units were moderately used during summer in Allen Texas. The compressor and coils had severe leaks and had to thrown. When I called Carrier directly, they said 5 years is good service for these units. what a bunch lies this company puts out. Hope consumers disregard this Brand ( Carrier ).

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Gary Free
Location: Goose Creek, SC

"It it winter yet"
My Carrier with Puron a/c unit is quiet and efficient. It looks good and performs well. It does have a tough time keeping the house cooled down in the heat of the summer. But, I don't blame the unit. It could be the sizing of the unit or the insulation of the house. The air comes out cold and it will do it's job without complaint. This is a well built unit that is highly recommended. But, I would buy a unit that is slightly oversized than recommended so it doesn't have to work as hard as mine does.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Timothy Doyle
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"38CKB060"
Good quality and efficient air conditioner

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Mike Loftus
Location: Bradenton, Fl 34211

"General mgr"
I am writing on behalf of the 27 units in a office/flex space commercial complex each with approx 1800 sq ft combined office/warehouse space that have carrier air conditioning units in each unit. Since 11/09 when we moved in we have been having a white powder substance blowing from the vents when the a/c or heat comes on. We had an indoor air quality test done with the results of aluminum hydroxide powder coming from a coating on the coils. The original installing contractor verified that the units are defective by contacting carrier & doing what they told him to do to find out the cause of the problem. Is there any health issue being exposed to this powder ?

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: Wesley Sund
Location: Minnesota

"Leaks like a sieve"
I purchased a new Performance Series Carrier unit in June 2007. In the last 6 weeks the refrigerant started to leak at the rate of 1/4 lb per day! The local dealer injected dye in the unit and a week later UV inspection of the A coil showed multiple leaks! We live in Minnesota so the unit has limited operation during the year. I can understand a failed compressor or other moving part but hermetically sealed coils should not LEAK, at least in just 3 years! We are now stuck with having to pay the labor and refrigerant required to replace the leaking A coil which is still under warranty.

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: jp allard
Location: winnipeg, manitoba

"They don't care"
Bought a Puron top of the line Carrier unit 2 years ago. It was taking forever to cool the house. Salesperson said it's normal. Then water started to leak outside the pan in the coil chamber. On a Saturday! The people who sold us the unit didn't respond to our call. So we called another Carrier representative. Found out the installer didn't put enough refrigerent in the system. Called Carrier. Says it has nothing to do with installer's mistakes. Can't help us in any shape of form. This is our LAST carrier product. Guaranteed!

Date created: 2010-08-25 Name: Shannon Hill
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Nothing but PROBLEMS"
I bought a 3 1/2 ton Carrier air conditioner in 2006. The condenser went out in 2008 and again in 2010. The coil freezes and shuts off the unit. Sears has been no help whatsoever and luckily, I got the number to the subcontractor who did the installation. Each time the condenser goes out, I have to pay the labor of approx. $600. I'm going to sue Carrier and Sears for a refund. Paid $10,000 for heating and air unit and have had nothing but headache. Beware * Sears is a rip off *

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: LEONARD MCLAUGHLIN JR
Location: ERIE,PA

"BUYER BEWARE"
HAD A CARRIER INFINITY FURNACE AND A/C UNIT INSTALLED JULY 14 2010, AUGUST 18 2010 THE A/C QUIT WORKING, LOCAL DEALER CAME TO LOOK AT IT THE NEXT DAY AND SAID THEY HAVE TO ORDER PARTS AND HOPE TO HAVE THEM ARRIVE AUGUST 26 OR 27 2010 DON'T THEY KNOW ABOUT FED EX. THE A/C UNIT QUIT WORKING THE SAME TIME THE INK DRIED ON THE 7700.00 DOLLAR CHECK.CALLED CARRIER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID "SOMETIMES THAT HAPPENS". THEY ARE IN NO HURRY TO FIX IT UNDERWARRANTY. I HOPE THE FURNACE WORKS LONGER THAN 30 DAYS. MORAL OF THE STORY ONCE CARRIER GETS YOUR MONEY YOU CAN WAIT TO GET WARRANTY WORK DONE.I MADE A MISTAKE BUYING A CARRIER I HOPE YOU DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>