Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: T Jones
Location: DeSoto, Texas

"Infinity Heat Pump"
I have two Carrier Heat Pump Systems. One is about 10 years old and working with no problems other than a fan motor replacement a couple of years ago. I purchased the 10 yeare Parts and Labor warranty so the motor replacement did not cost me a dime. The other unit is one of the new Carrier Infinity Systems. I LOVE it. It is so quiet and does a tremendous job in cooling the house and removing humidity. I would recommend it to everyone! I have read a lot of the reviews on this site and suspect the real problem with all the unsatisfied folks under all of the equipment listings is sorry service companies and installers. I would think that a good Dealer would have some pull to take care of any problem if they just wanted to do it. Blaming it on the manufacturer is probably their way to blow off customers. My local Dealer did a first rate installation and also took care of me when my unit failed that one time. As long as Carrier continues to make the most efficient equipment, and my local contractor sells it, I'll continue to buy it when I have other HVAC needs.

Date created: 2010-10-09 Name: bill h
Location: glendale az

"Crap"
Unit shook so bad when first installed a chandelier would shake everytime it started they ended up mounting it in rubber cuchions to stop shaking but screws vibrated out of cabinet. since blower fan has gone out condensor fan went out elec conn on circuit board shorted twice capacitor on cond fan went out this is a 8 yr old unit now our previos unit lasted 30yrs with only minor prob. sad thing is i wanted a trane unit but was talked into this p.o.s by a chaz roberts salesman never buy carrier again am looking now for another unit

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: Augie Stein
Location: Houston, TX

"Augie S."
We had an entire Infinity HVAC system installed in April. They have had to repair almost every part of it, except the outdoor unit, and it still is HORRENDOUS. The company that put it in represented itself as an "Authorized Dealer" they aren't. It will be impossible to use the automatic change from air to heat as, the variation of the temperature of the room shown on the thermostat has nothing to do with the room temperature and we've had 3 thermostats. They read NOTHING! It's a fictitious number. The bedroom area of our house today is between 70-74 degrees depending on which room, the den is now 78! I would want heat in the back and soon air in the front.......and I won't go into our condensation issues. I hate the company that put it in and the Carrier Corp. Finally one of the tech's said he's seen this issue with installing the infinity system in homes built in 1969 and older and put in combustion closets. They are too difficult to retrofit, and the duct work won't handle it. In April when we started with the extreme condensation and thermostat issues, I mentioned that I think it was the wrong unit for our home. I have mentioned it continuously since then and they won't change it out.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: Sherry K.
Location: Florida

"Carrier DOES NOT stand behind their product"
Three year old air conditioner had a defective part. Should not have failed so soon. Carrier would replace part only, at a cost of about $50.00, but no labor and would not replace the Puron that was lost as a result of their defect. We were charged $775.00 to fix a 3-year-old unit. Carrier representatives were not helpful (and that is an understatement) and left us with a "sorry about your luck" feeling. Need we say more?????????

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: T. Ladd
Location: Houston, TX

"Infinity Blower Motor"
I have a Carrier Infinity Series air conditioner and furnace that is 1 year old. The blower motor went out in mid July and needed replacement. I read reviews noting the motors were problematic but I did not know that they were so hard to get replaced. It has been over two months that I'm waiting on a new blower motor as the factory has them on backorder and can not tell me when a new motor will be available. The customer representatives are not sympatic to the issue at all. I will never purchase another Carrier product again!

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: vish nadarajah
Location: Allen TX

"Carrier made 2 and 3 Ton AC units pieces of crap"
Never install Carrier Brands as residential outdoor units. Had to replace 2 ( 2Ton and 3 Ton) units within 5 years in a new house. The units were moderately used during summer in Allen Texas. The compressor and coils had severe leaks and had to thrown. When I called Carrier directly, they said 5 years is good service for these units. what a bunch lies this company puts out. Hope consumers disregard this Brand ( Carrier ).

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Gary Free
Location: Goose Creek, SC

"It it winter yet"
My Carrier with Puron a/c unit is quiet and efficient. It looks good and performs well. It does have a tough time keeping the house cooled down in the heat of the summer. But, I don't blame the unit. It could be the sizing of the unit or the insulation of the house. The air comes out cold and it will do it's job without complaint. This is a well built unit that is highly recommended. But, I would buy a unit that is slightly oversized than recommended so it doesn't have to work as hard as mine does.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Timothy Doyle
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"38CKB060"
Good quality and efficient air conditioner

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Mike Loftus
Location: Bradenton, Fl 34211

"General mgr"
I am writing on behalf of the 27 units in a office/flex space commercial complex each with approx 1800 sq ft combined office/warehouse space that have carrier air conditioning units in each unit. Since 11/09 when we moved in we have been having a white powder substance blowing from the vents when the a/c or heat comes on. We had an indoor air quality test done with the results of aluminum hydroxide powder coming from a coating on the coils. The original installing contractor verified that the units are defective by contacting carrier & doing what they told him to do to find out the cause of the problem. Is there any health issue being exposed to this powder ?

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: Wesley Sund
Location: Minnesota

"Leaks like a sieve"
I purchased a new Performance Series Carrier unit in June 2007. In the last 6 weeks the refrigerant started to leak at the rate of 1/4 lb per day! The local dealer injected dye in the unit and a week later UV inspection of the A coil showed multiple leaks! We live in Minnesota so the unit has limited operation during the year. I can understand a failed compressor or other moving part but hermetically sealed coils should not LEAK, at least in just 3 years! We are now stuck with having to pay the labor and refrigerant required to replace the leaking A coil which is still under warranty.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>