Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-15 Name: Lee
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

"10 years still going in North Caroline weather"
Furnace and AC are by Carrier. We have only two complains with our current Carrier system: the condensation pan became rusted just this year which blocked the drainage value and our son's bedroom is not as cool as we would like. We are looking for a new system that can address both of these issues. The hardest of the two is our son's bedroom which is surrounded by heat (it sits above the garage and has a small barrier between the roof line and the ceiling). The room was a originally guest room, until our teenage son took it over. Generally, we think the builder placed the minimal unit in to meet requirements, the Carrier machine works hard in the summer months. We are looking for another unit which is bigger and better quality than what we have now. We have gotten several estimates from seasoned professionals. We have specifically asked for them to include Carrier with their other recommendations, because the Carrier system has never failed us for heating and cooling in the past .

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: T, Caddell
Location: Aiken, SC

"Consumer Information"
Consumer beware. All you read on these type of boards may be wrong.My experience has been great with a Carrier product. However, a close relative had a not so great experience. The installing dealer would not help. So we called 1-800 Carrier and spoke to customer service. The information was forwarded to the local distributor. When they got involved it was all very different. The bottom line is most all manufacturers build good products but are sold to independent contractors to be installed. This is where the differences start to appear. The system is only as good as the company who, sizes it, determines application, installs and maintains it. If you feel you have purchased an inferior don't take "no" from the installing dealer. Get the manufacturer involved. They want to protect the reputation the have spent a lot of time and money building and can dictate to the contractor what will and will not be done.

Date created: 2011-05-11 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Carrier: Cold Blast"
Even in a one-bedroom apartment, North Carolina's hot weather can be brutal. But my Carrier air conditioner is my saving grace. It responds in a reasonable time frame; I need only run it for one hour out of every four to keep the temperature in my residence down to a comfortable level. We have lived with it for six months, and it has never needed repair. However, when it kicks in automatically, it is very powerful, such that I have to stay away from all the vents to avoid freezing in the cold blasts. I think it would do better in a larger floor plan, so I might recommend it to something closer to a two or three-bedroom apartment or even a town house or condo. The Carrier air conditioner is a workhorse, working hard and well, and I would love it in a larger space, but in our small apartment it is a little too much power. It would be good if it had a lower setting; it seems somewhat bipolar in its operation. Either it is running full-tilt and making my teeth chatter, or my bedroom is a catalyst for sweat gland activation. For about two hours between runs, the temperature is comfortable, and then I am forced to turn it on again and grab a blanket. It may also serve better later in the summer, when the temperatures here hit the nineties for days at a time, but I have not owned it long enough to say for sure.

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Burning up in Florida
Location: daytona beach

"Infinity"
I like nothing about this unit, has never worked properly from day one. Carrier will not stand behind there product. The reversing valve was replaced, Dryer rusted, had the drum in furnace replaced. Coils leak, muffler replaced, and several other parts that I cant make out on the invoices. It's April, we live in Florida and it's not working again, thermostate needs replaced, costs over $500.00 to replace, repair man will be here this week to fix the unit, not cooling again. Hate to see what this bill will be. Have spent over $2,000 in repairs. Next year I will rip this one out and replace with another brand. DO NOT buy the Carrier Infinity unit.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Paso Robles, California

"Greating Cooling-per-Dollar"
As a renter, I'm somewhat at the mercy of my landlord when it comes to the products in my home. Thankfully, the air conditioner works beautifully. We have very high, dry heat where I live and this machine keeps up with it quite well. The only flaw I've noticed is that if it's already warm in the house, the ac unit has a hard time getting the house cool again - if I don't turn the ac on until noon, for instance, it's 3 or 4 by the time the house is back to a reasonable temperature. However, if I set the thermostat early and leave it on, this unit does a fantastic job of keeping the house at a consistent temperature. I've had one repair on this unit, which was to the exterior cooling lines. A dog had chewed through one of the insulating pads and the line was leaking, which meant that the compressor outside wasn't working at all. The repair was simple and cheap, and I was back in cool air in no time. I would absolutely recommend this to a friend, and would absolutely buy one again.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Tampa, FL

"Carrier is a Brand Name That You can Trust"
The central AC that we have right now was already here when we moved in a year ago. The AC that we have is made by Carrier. The house was built in 2003. Window units are OK when the area is enclosed like the bedrooms and can be sealed. But if you have an open floor plan where essentially all areas in the house are open, you have to have central AC. Since our house has an open floor plan it would be either no AC or central AC. When the compressor in the heat pump failed, we hired a service man and he diagnosed it and fixed it. The AC had been running ever since and has not given us any major problems at all. Another thing we like about it is that it is quiet. You would not even know if it is on or not. I would definitely recommend it to someone I know because of its high efficiency and at a reasonable cost.

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: Bill Epperly

"Treasurer"
Would not recommend Carrier to anyone, totally dissatisfied with equipment and company response. Non profit organization that had extremely bad experience with them. We are informing our over 1,200 members to not buy Carrier products.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Simon Hoss
Location: North York, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Markham"
After carefully reviewing quotes from different companies, I decided to choose Aire One. They provided me the most direct response and pricing for what I was looking for on the Carrier brand. They got the job done within 1-2 days, and I have no complaints about their service. Quick, efficient, and the installers cleaned up and left no mess in my home. I can say that this is a company that is very reputable in my eyes and recommend this company to my friends and family members.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: p mistico
Location: st aug, fl

"Ac unit"
Came with home ac unit reliable quiet I had one slight problem with the moter cost $20.00 to fix. Will buy carrier again.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: David R.
Location: Cincinnati

"Older than dirt"
I bought a 2 year old house 23 years ago with a Carrier central air conditioner. Since that time I have spent a total of zero on repairs and maintenance and it still runs like new. Oh, I did wash and wax the outside unit's case once a few years ago, but that's it. I am afraid the thing will outlive me. I would be more satisfied if the outside unit didn't need washing every 15 or 20 years.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>