Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-25 Name: Shannon Hill
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Nothing but PROBLEMS"
I bought a 3 1/2 ton Carrier air conditioner in 2006. The condenser went out in 2008 and again in 2010. The coil freezes and shuts off the unit. Sears has been no help whatsoever and luckily, I got the number to the subcontractor who did the installation. Each time the condenser goes out, I have to pay the labor of approx. $600. I'm going to sue Carrier and Sears for a refund. Paid $10,000 for heating and air unit and have had nothing but headache. Beware * Sears is a rip off *

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: LEONARD MCLAUGHLIN JR
Location: ERIE,PA

"BUYER BEWARE"
HAD A CARRIER INFINITY FURNACE AND A/C UNIT INSTALLED JULY 14 2010, AUGUST 18 2010 THE A/C QUIT WORKING, LOCAL DEALER CAME TO LOOK AT IT THE NEXT DAY AND SAID THEY HAVE TO ORDER PARTS AND HOPE TO HAVE THEM ARRIVE AUGUST 26 OR 27 2010 DON'T THEY KNOW ABOUT FED EX. THE A/C UNIT QUIT WORKING THE SAME TIME THE INK DRIED ON THE 7700.00 DOLLAR CHECK.CALLED CARRIER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID "SOMETIMES THAT HAPPENS". THEY ARE IN NO HURRY TO FIX IT UNDERWARRANTY. I HOPE THE FURNACE WORKS LONGER THAN 30 DAYS. MORAL OF THE STORY ONCE CARRIER GETS YOUR MONEY YOU CAN WAIT TO GET WARRANTY WORK DONE.I MADE A MISTAKE BUYING A CARRIER I HOPE YOU DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: D Johnson

"Carrier Purons are junk"
Blaming installers is lame. Carrier residential units have been shoddily made for a good 10 years. Upper management has to have known about these problems, and they have never owner-up to them. As far as I'm concerned, Carrier executives are nothing but thieves.

Date created: 2010-08-22 Name: Connie
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"What a piece of junk!!"
We purchased a Carrier AC Unit, model 58CVA090-116 on 03/30/07 and paid a pretty penny for it too. The unit worked well for the first two summers that we had it. At the 24 month mark, things started moving downhill in a big way. After having our installer come out to look at the unit when it stopped working on 04/27/09, he audaciously told us that the problem was a dirty condenser. HA! He then proceeded to advise us that the units have a difficult time in our region of the country. We are located in Fort Worth, TX, which can easily hit the 105 mark during the summers. The solution given to us was for the unit to be sprayed with a hose to cool it down and then it may start working again. I am so sorry, but this has to be a totally bogus statement. Not only have we had to spray the darn thing about five times in the past few years. It is very dangerous for this unit to not work in the southwestern region of the states. Do not waste your money on purchasing from Carrier.

Date created: 2010-08-16 Name: A. Kastor
Location: Dallas, TX

"Infinity - entire HVAC system"
This is the worst HVAC system I have ever owned. I might jump to the conclusion that is has to do with the installation(s). Yes, it's been in and out of our combustion closet (furnace & coil) 4 times. We have had 3 coils since May 12, 2010 and it's August 16th today. Every time the company tries to "fix" it, something else goes wrong. Since they put in a "transition" between the coil and the furnace and rerouted some of the duct work from the plenum, we have a 2-3 degree difference between the rooms on the west side of our home and the east side. However, even though we live in Dallas Texas, and the sun sets in the west, it's cold in the west side of our home and hot in the east, where the bedrooms are, and they are the closest to the coil! Also, we were told that the infinity thermostat is supposed to read the temperature of the "wall" not the room! Never heard of that before. A sophisticated system that can read the outside temperature, tell you when your filter needs to be replaced can give you service info, can't read the room temperature is beyond my comprehension........and now we have the added burden of the unbearable difference in temperature in the back of our home. We've had continual condensation problems, and our drain overflowed, and the new control put on the drain pipe that is supposed to shut off the system if it fills up the system, didn't! And to show how AWFUL the installation was, when the drain pan overflowed, it poured out of the back of the coil, not toward the drain pipe, which indicates to me that the furnace and coil were not leaning toward the drain pipe. I have no idea when it will ever be fixed. We still have condensation on the drain pipe, and now no return phone calls from the company who we purchased their upper end HVAC system bought 2 months ago. They've also changed so many settings on the thermostat, and different people at different times, who knows what's is right!

Date created: 2010-08-14 Name: David C.
Location: Birmingham, AL

"Lousy units"
I have Carrier units at both my house and dental office. Both less than 3 years old and am constantly having problems with both. Find another brand. So far, Bryant units have been good as my upstairs unit at my house has to take the load when the Carrier unit downstairs fails.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: Joan Wolf

"Not only carrier"
I've been reading reviews because I'm buyging a new system....My question to the installers...how do you know. I found out that the people who originally installed my unit did wrong things, the people the came to repair it did funky things...and I thought I was using reputable people.

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: C. Begley

"Very disappointed in Carrier AC"
We had a carrier ac for 13 years and had it repaired 5 times. I bought a carrier because I thought they were good. I would never buy another carrier.

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: S. Suggs

"Infinity Unit"
My Carrier Infinity has not lived up to the hype. The unit is just five years old and I had to have it repaired several time. Now the compressor just died. Come on folks, this unit was very expensive. My parents have a little known brand unit and I believe they are going on 20 years with just routine maintenance

Date created: 2010-08-05 Name: Gerry Wyant
Location: South Texas

"Infinity FE4A / FE5A"
I purchased this very expensive Carrier air conditioner from Sears (big mistake). It was installed a little over two years ago and it has quit working several times. I called Sears and they can take up to three weeks to respond. Since I live in South Texas, I have a choice of braving the house temps of over 90 degrees or stay in a hotel. I have chosen the hotel and I feel helpless to make it right. Please consider another brand and don't ever rely on Sears.