Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: W. Grandberry
Location: Savannah, GA

"CARRIER NOT RECOMMENDED"
I had doubts about getting another Carrier. The first central unit last only ten years. I had it serviced twice a year and did everything properly. I replaced the unit with another Carrier four years ago and I've had just as much trouble with the new unit as the old one. It doesn't cool half the time and the constant repair is giving me GRIEF.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Nathan
Location: toronto, ON

"Aire One Markham"
I enjoyed that the technician from Aire One was very thorough on instructions how to use the unit. The Install Technician answered all my questions about using my Carrier model A/C unit. I'm happy about the service overall. Even after installation, I get follow-up to ensure I am 100% satisfied, and also they assist me right away when I call. Glad to give them my business and anyone I know. Nathan

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Beverly Hills CA

"Carrier Central Air system overall reliable but has had a few issues"
We have had our system for about 5 years now. We bought it as a replacement to another Carrier system that was in the home when we bought it. Overall, it is a good system. We have a large home that required two units. Both are mounted on the roof of our home. It cools well. Is very quiet. So far seems energy efficient. The price was middle of the road and the system was recommended by the electrician we used at the time. Both units have never needed repairs. We changed out the heating units in the home and installed new thermostats and that has made the system very easy to use. I have two issues with the system. First, it takes a tremendous amount of time for the system to shut off after I have shut it off at the thermostat. Second, it is nice and cool while the air is blowing, but as soon as it finally shuts off it begins to warm up quickly. We have all new windows and good insulation in the home. it just doesn't stay cool enough. I still would recommend the system though. It has been working fine and hasn't needed any repairs.

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: GWilliams
Location: PIttsburgh PA

"Evaporator Coil Relibility"
I bought a Carrier funace and AC in 08/05. Evaportor coil went bad and was replaced in 11/07. Now is is bad and leaking again - 2 failures in 5 years, 10 months, with a manufacturers' warranty of 5 years. PIECE OF CRAP

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: catherine henderson
Location: newport news

"Watch out for sears! must read first!!!"
The hvac dept of sears has a soon to be felon working for them. john henderson is awaiting charges of conspiracy and tax evasion. he was accused of bid rigging and kickbacks from a company called medical facilities of america in roanoke virginia...you can pull this info up by putting in his name and simply bid rigging in search. the girl barbie brantigan was the paid escort he was buying with the stolen money. he might even stop at an in call before he comes to service you and get himself serviced in the not so righteous way. he is also awaiting assault and battery charges in newport news. just thought you would like to know the people sears trust to fix your hvac!

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"Keeping Cool With Our Air Conditioner"
We've had our current air conditioner for at least 8 years and it does a great job when the heat is on. Our summer time temperatures have been peaking between 100-105 degrees, usually from August through October, and our air conditioner does a great job at cooling down our entire house. I only wish we had one for the upstairs, as this one turns our downstairs into a refrigerator...it gets so cold but we have to do this to adequately cool our upstairs. It's also quite loud when it turns on, even though it's outside, and our electric bill goes up quite a bit if we use it all day and into the night, especially during our hottest months, but, overall, it's a great air conditioner. We haven't had to replace the coolant yet. I would definitely buy this brand of air conditioner again and recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Fort Stewart, Georgia

"A review of my central air conditioning unit"
I have been using this Carrier brand central Air Conditioning unit since moving into my home almost 3 years ago. It is the unit that came with the home so I did not have a choice in the matter however I am somewhat satisfied with the unit. There have been a few issues with it freezing up when it is used for a long duration of time. Whenever this occurred we would just shut it off until the unit defrosted and then we turned it back on and it would work just fine for a few days or so. Eventually we has to call a repair man to asses the situation... Living in South East Georgia we really need the Air Conditioning Unit to be functioning properly. Ever since he came out to fix the unit it has been working perfectly. This is why my rating is Somewhat satisfied. I am not certain what the issue with the unit was but after the repair man worked on it it is working quite well. It keeps our house at a steady 77 degrees even when the Hot Georgia sun is shining in my windows and it is 100 degrees outside. I believe that if the freezing never occurred I would be able to say Very Satisfied however we did go through 2 summers with it constantly freezing up. I would however recommend this unit to anyone looking to purchase central air conditioning and I will be sticking with the Carrier brand if ever my current unit needs replacing.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: San Antonio, TX

"Great Air conditioning Unit"
I have owned this air conditioner unit for over a year now and so far, so good. I haven't had any problems with the unit at all. That is actually what I like the most about it. You can rely on it. The guys who came to installed it were very friendly and did not waste any time to get the unit ready to go. Just simple maintenance will keep your unit working and your house in a good temperature. What I don't like too much about it is the noise, mainly because it's installed near our room but it's not a big deal. So far, no repairs have been done to the unit and I don't foresee any repairs on in the near future . I would personally recommend this unit to anybody if you are looking for a reliable and low cost Central air conditioning unit. The quality is superb and the customer service with Carrier is just great.

Date created: 2011-05-15 Name: Lee
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

"10 years still going in North Caroline weather"
Furnace and AC are by Carrier. We have only two complains with our current Carrier system: the condensation pan became rusted just this year which blocked the drainage value and our son's bedroom is not as cool as we would like. We are looking for a new system that can address both of these issues. The hardest of the two is our son's bedroom which is surrounded by heat (it sits above the garage and has a small barrier between the roof line and the ceiling). The room was a originally guest room, until our teenage son took it over. Generally, we think the builder placed the minimal unit in to meet requirements, the Carrier machine works hard in the summer months. We are looking for another unit which is bigger and better quality than what we have now. We have gotten several estimates from seasoned professionals. We have specifically asked for them to include Carrier with their other recommendations, because the Carrier system has never failed us for heating and cooling in the past .

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: T, Caddell
Location: Aiken, SC

"Consumer Information"
Consumer beware. All you read on these type of boards may be wrong.My experience has been great with a Carrier product. However, a close relative had a not so great experience. The installing dealer would not help. So we called 1-800 Carrier and spoke to customer service. The information was forwarded to the local distributor. When they got involved it was all very different. The bottom line is most all manufacturers build good products but are sold to independent contractors to be installed. This is where the differences start to appear. The system is only as good as the company who, sizes it, determines application, installs and maintains it. If you feel you have purchased an inferior don't take "no" from the installing dealer. Get the manufacturer involved. They want to protect the reputation the have spent a lot of time and money building and can dictate to the contractor what will and will not be done.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>