Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Fort Stewart, Georgia

"A review of my central air conditioning unit"
I have been using this Carrier brand central Air Conditioning unit since moving into my home almost 3 years ago. It is the unit that came with the home so I did not have a choice in the matter however I am somewhat satisfied with the unit. There have been a few issues with it freezing up when it is used for a long duration of time. Whenever this occurred we would just shut it off until the unit defrosted and then we turned it back on and it would work just fine for a few days or so. Eventually we has to call a repair man to asses the situation... Living in South East Georgia we really need the Air Conditioning Unit to be functioning properly. Ever since he came out to fix the unit it has been working perfectly. This is why my rating is Somewhat satisfied. I am not certain what the issue with the unit was but after the repair man worked on it it is working quite well. It keeps our house at a steady 77 degrees even when the Hot Georgia sun is shining in my windows and it is 100 degrees outside. I believe that if the freezing never occurred I would be able to say Very Satisfied however we did go through 2 summers with it constantly freezing up. I would however recommend this unit to anyone looking to purchase central air conditioning and I will be sticking with the Carrier brand if ever my current unit needs replacing.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: San Antonio, TX

"Great Air conditioning Unit"
I have owned this air conditioner unit for over a year now and so far, so good. I haven't had any problems with the unit at all. That is actually what I like the most about it. You can rely on it. The guys who came to installed it were very friendly and did not waste any time to get the unit ready to go. Just simple maintenance will keep your unit working and your house in a good temperature. What I don't like too much about it is the noise, mainly because it's installed near our room but it's not a big deal. So far, no repairs have been done to the unit and I don't foresee any repairs on in the near future . I would personally recommend this unit to anybody if you are looking for a reliable and low cost Central air conditioning unit. The quality is superb and the customer service with Carrier is just great.

Date created: 2011-05-15 Name: Lee
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

"10 years still going in North Caroline weather"
Furnace and AC are by Carrier. We have only two complains with our current Carrier system: the condensation pan became rusted just this year which blocked the drainage value and our son's bedroom is not as cool as we would like. We are looking for a new system that can address both of these issues. The hardest of the two is our son's bedroom which is surrounded by heat (it sits above the garage and has a small barrier between the roof line and the ceiling). The room was a originally guest room, until our teenage son took it over. Generally, we think the builder placed the minimal unit in to meet requirements, the Carrier machine works hard in the summer months. We are looking for another unit which is bigger and better quality than what we have now. We have gotten several estimates from seasoned professionals. We have specifically asked for them to include Carrier with their other recommendations, because the Carrier system has never failed us for heating and cooling in the past .

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: T, Caddell
Location: Aiken, SC

"Consumer Information"
Consumer beware. All you read on these type of boards may be wrong.My experience has been great with a Carrier product. However, a close relative had a not so great experience. The installing dealer would not help. So we called 1-800 Carrier and spoke to customer service. The information was forwarded to the local distributor. When they got involved it was all very different. The bottom line is most all manufacturers build good products but are sold to independent contractors to be installed. This is where the differences start to appear. The system is only as good as the company who, sizes it, determines application, installs and maintains it. If you feel you have purchased an inferior don't take "no" from the installing dealer. Get the manufacturer involved. They want to protect the reputation the have spent a lot of time and money building and can dictate to the contractor what will and will not be done.

Date created: 2011-05-11 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Carrier: Cold Blast"
Even in a one-bedroom apartment, North Carolina's hot weather can be brutal. But my Carrier air conditioner is my saving grace. It responds in a reasonable time frame; I need only run it for one hour out of every four to keep the temperature in my residence down to a comfortable level. We have lived with it for six months, and it has never needed repair. However, when it kicks in automatically, it is very powerful, such that I have to stay away from all the vents to avoid freezing in the cold blasts. I think it would do better in a larger floor plan, so I might recommend it to something closer to a two or three-bedroom apartment or even a town house or condo. The Carrier air conditioner is a workhorse, working hard and well, and I would love it in a larger space, but in our small apartment it is a little too much power. It would be good if it had a lower setting; it seems somewhat bipolar in its operation. Either it is running full-tilt and making my teeth chatter, or my bedroom is a catalyst for sweat gland activation. For about two hours between runs, the temperature is comfortable, and then I am forced to turn it on again and grab a blanket. It may also serve better later in the summer, when the temperatures here hit the nineties for days at a time, but I have not owned it long enough to say for sure.

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Burning up in Florida
Location: daytona beach

"Infinity"
I like nothing about this unit, has never worked properly from day one. Carrier will not stand behind there product. The reversing valve was replaced, Dryer rusted, had the drum in furnace replaced. Coils leak, muffler replaced, and several other parts that I cant make out on the invoices. It's April, we live in Florida and it's not working again, thermostate needs replaced, costs over $500.00 to replace, repair man will be here this week to fix the unit, not cooling again. Hate to see what this bill will be. Have spent over $2,000 in repairs. Next year I will rip this one out and replace with another brand. DO NOT buy the Carrier Infinity unit.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Paso Robles, California

"Greating Cooling-per-Dollar"
As a renter, I'm somewhat at the mercy of my landlord when it comes to the products in my home. Thankfully, the air conditioner works beautifully. We have very high, dry heat where I live and this machine keeps up with it quite well. The only flaw I've noticed is that if it's already warm in the house, the ac unit has a hard time getting the house cool again - if I don't turn the ac on until noon, for instance, it's 3 or 4 by the time the house is back to a reasonable temperature. However, if I set the thermostat early and leave it on, this unit does a fantastic job of keeping the house at a consistent temperature. I've had one repair on this unit, which was to the exterior cooling lines. A dog had chewed through one of the insulating pads and the line was leaking, which meant that the compressor outside wasn't working at all. The repair was simple and cheap, and I was back in cool air in no time. I would absolutely recommend this to a friend, and would absolutely buy one again.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Tampa, FL

"Carrier is a Brand Name That You can Trust"
The central AC that we have right now was already here when we moved in a year ago. The AC that we have is made by Carrier. The house was built in 2003. Window units are OK when the area is enclosed like the bedrooms and can be sealed. But if you have an open floor plan where essentially all areas in the house are open, you have to have central AC. Since our house has an open floor plan it would be either no AC or central AC. When the compressor in the heat pump failed, we hired a service man and he diagnosed it and fixed it. The AC had been running ever since and has not given us any major problems at all. Another thing we like about it is that it is quiet. You would not even know if it is on or not. I would definitely recommend it to someone I know because of its high efficiency and at a reasonable cost.

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: Bill Epperly

"Treasurer"
Would not recommend Carrier to anyone, totally dissatisfied with equipment and company response. Non profit organization that had extremely bad experience with them. We are informing our over 1,200 members to not buy Carrier products.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Simon Hoss
Location: North York, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Markham"
After carefully reviewing quotes from different companies, I decided to choose Aire One. They provided me the most direct response and pricing for what I was looking for on the Carrier brand. They got the job done within 1-2 days, and I have no complaints about their service. Quick, efficient, and the installers cleaned up and left no mess in my home. I can say that this is a company that is very reputable in my eyes and recommend this company to my friends and family members.