Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-30 Name: AU
Location: Minnesota

"Carrier Customer Service is a Problem"
We had this unit come with a new home that we purchased. We hardly lived in the home as we were stationed overseas. The compressor died due to mechanical defect. I called Carrier but got the standard response "the unit had a 5-yr warranty and it is out of warranty". There is no higher up person you can talk to. I wrote to the "Management Review Board" giving them my utility bills as a proof of how little it was used. Got the same response. If we had used the unit with normal usage hours, I would not be bringing up this matter. I believe that these units are not reliable and I would not buy a Carrier unit again.

Date created: 2011-06-23 Name: v. crouch
Location: mesquite, texas

"Wish i had read this before buying carrier"
There was a coleman airconditioner in the house when we bought it new. it was probably the cheapest a/c unit the builder could get. we never had any problem with it. but my hubs was going to retire so we decided to put in a new unit as money would be tight afterwards. we paid off new a/c-heating unit acouple of months before he retired 2 years ago. guess what unit has been nothing but trouble since we paid it off. it lasted just long enough for warranty to be up then phut! this summer alone ( note it's still june) we have spent $1,300.00 and the darn thing quit again last night. neighbors,more than one, still have coleman units and have only had to have routine maint. and look on carrier website they say customers are the no. one priority, try to find a contact number or website. none. i want my working coleman back.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: W. Grandberry
Location: Savannah, GA

"CARRIER NOT RECOMMENDED"
I had doubts about getting another Carrier. The first central unit last only ten years. I had it serviced twice a year and did everything properly. I replaced the unit with another Carrier four years ago and I've had just as much trouble with the new unit as the old one. It doesn't cool half the time and the constant repair is giving me GRIEF.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Nathan
Location: toronto, ON

"Aire One Markham"
I enjoyed that the technician from Aire One was very thorough on instructions how to use the unit. The Install Technician answered all my questions about using my Carrier model A/C unit. I'm happy about the service overall. Even after installation, I get follow-up to ensure I am 100% satisfied, and also they assist me right away when I call. Glad to give them my business and anyone I know. Nathan

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Beverly Hills CA

"Carrier Central Air system overall reliable but has had a few issues"
We have had our system for about 5 years now. We bought it as a replacement to another Carrier system that was in the home when we bought it. Overall, it is a good system. We have a large home that required two units. Both are mounted on the roof of our home. It cools well. Is very quiet. So far seems energy efficient. The price was middle of the road and the system was recommended by the electrician we used at the time. Both units have never needed repairs. We changed out the heating units in the home and installed new thermostats and that has made the system very easy to use. I have two issues with the system. First, it takes a tremendous amount of time for the system to shut off after I have shut it off at the thermostat. Second, it is nice and cool while the air is blowing, but as soon as it finally shuts off it begins to warm up quickly. We have all new windows and good insulation in the home. it just doesn't stay cool enough. I still would recommend the system though. It has been working fine and hasn't needed any repairs.

Date created: 2011-06-11 Name: GWilliams
Location: PIttsburgh PA

"Evaporator Coil Relibility"
I bought a Carrier funace and AC in 08/05. Evaportor coil went bad and was replaced in 11/07. Now is is bad and leaking again - 2 failures in 5 years, 10 months, with a manufacturers' warranty of 5 years. PIECE OF CRAP

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: catherine henderson
Location: newport news

"Watch out for sears! must read first!!!"
The hvac dept of sears has a soon to be felon working for them. john henderson is awaiting charges of conspiracy and tax evasion. he was accused of bid rigging and kickbacks from a company called medical facilities of america in roanoke virginia...you can pull this info up by putting in his name and simply bid rigging in search. the girl barbie brantigan was the paid escort he was buying with the stolen money. he might even stop at an in call before he comes to service you and get himself serviced in the not so righteous way. he is also awaiting assault and battery charges in newport news. just thought you would like to know the people sears trust to fix your hvac!

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"Keeping Cool With Our Air Conditioner"
We've had our current air conditioner for at least 8 years and it does a great job when the heat is on. Our summer time temperatures have been peaking between 100-105 degrees, usually from August through October, and our air conditioner does a great job at cooling down our entire house. I only wish we had one for the upstairs, as this one turns our downstairs into a refrigerator...it gets so cold but we have to do this to adequately cool our upstairs. It's also quite loud when it turns on, even though it's outside, and our electric bill goes up quite a bit if we use it all day and into the night, especially during our hottest months, but, overall, it's a great air conditioner. We haven't had to replace the coolant yet. I would definitely buy this brand of air conditioner again and recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Fort Stewart, Georgia

"A review of my central air conditioning unit"
I have been using this Carrier brand central Air Conditioning unit since moving into my home almost 3 years ago. It is the unit that came with the home so I did not have a choice in the matter however I am somewhat satisfied with the unit. There have been a few issues with it freezing up when it is used for a long duration of time. Whenever this occurred we would just shut it off until the unit defrosted and then we turned it back on and it would work just fine for a few days or so. Eventually we has to call a repair man to asses the situation... Living in South East Georgia we really need the Air Conditioning Unit to be functioning properly. Ever since he came out to fix the unit it has been working perfectly. This is why my rating is Somewhat satisfied. I am not certain what the issue with the unit was but after the repair man worked on it it is working quite well. It keeps our house at a steady 77 degrees even when the Hot Georgia sun is shining in my windows and it is 100 degrees outside. I believe that if the freezing never occurred I would be able to say Very Satisfied however we did go through 2 summers with it constantly freezing up. I would however recommend this unit to anyone looking to purchase central air conditioning and I will be sticking with the Carrier brand if ever my current unit needs replacing.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: San Antonio, TX

"Great Air conditioning Unit"
I have owned this air conditioner unit for over a year now and so far, so good. I haven't had any problems with the unit at all. That is actually what I like the most about it. You can rely on it. The guys who came to installed it were very friendly and did not waste any time to get the unit ready to go. Just simple maintenance will keep your unit working and your house in a good temperature. What I don't like too much about it is the noise, mainly because it's installed near our room but it's not a big deal. So far, no repairs have been done to the unit and I don't foresee any repairs on in the near future . I would personally recommend this unit to anybody if you are looking for a reliable and low cost Central air conditioning unit. The quality is superb and the customer service with Carrier is just great.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>