Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-04-28 Name: PANKAJ Tandon
Location: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India

"Useless Air conditioner"
I have used carrier air conditioners but this time found that one should not buy these machines because they run out of spares . Recently they told me that sorry we cannot repair your unit because we do not have the parts. It means I invest another 50000 Rs. To buy a new AC and the company does not have any responsibility .

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Rajiv Misraa
Location: New Delhi, India

"Service Problem by Franchisees"
Sir, Further to my complaint for my 1.5 Ton Window Air-conditioner on March 29, 2017 ----- Thank you for calling CARRIER Customer Care. Your Transaction no. is : 131579527. For any further assistance please contact us on 180030111111. -------- Two technicians visited my house and recommended replacement of some parts which the Carrier Technical staff informed had turned defective and demanded RS.3350.00 along with visiting charges of RS.350.00 as per rules of your Company. Believing that Technical staff deputed by Carrier is competent to diagnose the defective, I paid the demanded amount. They claimed to have changed the defective parts thus making me to believe that the air conditioner will function okay. To my utter surprise, the air conditioner turned defective just in 7-10 days. This time again some other Technical staff was deputed by Carrier Service and the technicians informed that the previous technicians had done nothing but only tighten some parts and cheated us. The new technical staff informed that Motor of the air conditioner had turned defective and it will cost RS. 4800.00. Now my questions are: 1. Why ordinary unskilled unreliable mechanics were deputed to my house to attend to my AC who declared a particular part defective and charged RS. 3350.00 whereas the second team of technical staff deputed by Carrier Service Manager declared that earlier team had not done their job. 2. Whom should I believe now ???? In case Motor of the air conditioner Is defective and replaced who will guarantee that examination is correct and correct money is being charged. Who will guarantee that the air conditioner will work smoothly after that. 3. I am feeling cheated by Carrier Air conditioner Service Department and Company as they are behaving very irresponsibly towards attending to the customer complaints by deputing unskilled staff. 4. I relied on Carrier thinking that company staff will do the work efficiently but on the contrary Carrier Service Manager is cheating customers in connivance with technical staff and franchisees. 5. Please depute some very trained and senior staff Engineer to attend my AC and carry out replacement of defective parts after adjusting money already collected RS.3350.00 and collect balance payment. 6. My son did talk to one Engineer of the Company but he was not satisfied with the irresponsible attitude of the Engineer concerned. 7. Second time mechanic deputed was Abhishek I believe. Kindly lodge my complaint and take action from the history card available with you as to which all mechanics were were deputed and what job done. I cannot be making payments once for Thermostat for RS. 3350.00, second time for the MOTOR for RS. 4800.00 and third time for some other part and fourth time for another part equalanent to the cost of New AC. How ridiculous this is to think of Carrier Service. Please attend my complaint as soon as possible and set right my AC by adjusting payment already made, failing which I shall have to write to the Seniors including File complaint with Customer Redressal Forum. Hope Carrier believe in customer satisfaction which is zero in my case. Looking for your immediate action, Rajiv Misraa 9810973812 26/8 Third Floor West Patel Nagar New Delhi 110008

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Rajiv Misraa
Location: New Delhi, India

"Cheating by Service Dealer of Carrier in New Delhi India"
My Carrier 1.5 Ton Window A/C worked well for about seven years and turned defective in March 2017. Team of two mechanics visited on call and declared some part defective and collected cheque payment of 3350.00 but within ten days AC again stopped functioning. Again second team of mechanics visited from same Dealer Franchisee of Carrier in New Delhi, India and reported that earlier team had made AC functional by temporary solution by tightening the screws and informed that compressor motor had turned defective costing inr 4800.00. I am feeling cheated by collection of 3350 by first team and ready for payment of balance amount for change of motor compressor. Carrier Service Manager does not want to talk to customer and had not got the air conditioner set right despite my several mail. Most unsatisfied service of Carrier Air conditioner in New Delhi, India. Please get my job done immediately. Rajiv Misraa Phone+91-9810973812 26/8 Third Floor West Patel Nagar New Delhi India 110008 Unsatisfied Cheated Customer By Carrier Service

Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: Ben Lin
Location: Bethesda, MD

"24ACC4 compressor fails after 1 summer"
Installed in September 2015 with light use in 2016. Bad compressor on April 16th when started for first time in 2017. Anyone else having problem with this series -- Carrier Comfort 14 seer, model 24acc4 - 660a063 (series 3115e15419)?

Date created: 2017-04-17 Name: Ned khan
Location: Carlisle, PA

"Bought junk"
Bought a 5 ton commercial unit in 2009, installed by CR Powers in Carlisle, PA, the unit gave freezing of coils problem from the first year and problem every summer and fall when asked to replace the unit was told there was no warranty after one year the dealer charged me every year for many parts and service including replacing the fan and blower motors, capacitors etc and now again after one year of replacing both motors for a substantial amount the motors are burnt again and was told so is the compressor burnt and have to buy s new unit, someone told me they have a ten year warranty on these machines but I don't know who to contact at Carrrier, the dealer had already refused to stand by the warranty many years back.

Date created: 2017-03-17 Name: S. Heisner
Location: Bethlehem, PA

"Excellent Service by Installers of Carrier!"
I recently had my Carrier central a/c installed by Sarosky heating and a/c of Bethlehem, pa. If anyone is looking for someone to install their Carrier unit, I would suggest this company.. I am more than pleased with them! First of all, out of my 3 estimates I obtained prior to choosing Sarosky, they were the least expensive, for this same Carrier product. Secondly, their service was Prompt. I received the quote, and in a timely manner they were able to set up & do the installation...as opposed to a wait time of 1-2-3 months down the line. Thirdly, the service was terrific! When it was being installed, I felt that the employees really were very knowledgeable by telling me/educating me on the work that they were doing, as they were doing it. Frank, the one technician said that he has been working at the company for 24 years! So he/they, were very personable & very competent. They answered every (painstaking, I'm sure! LOL:)) question I had along the way. They even made an effort to accommodate my crazy work schedule, which I know posed some inconveniences for them. So far I am very pleased with the contractors they deal with re: Sarosky heating and a/c & of course, my Carrier unit. Easy to maintain, is very quiet and I think I am going to be very satisfied with it overall. They get 5 stars all the way around from me. I would highly recommend them both, Sarosky Heating & a/c and Carrier:)

Date created: 2016-12-26 Name: Maria amy fiel t. Racines
Location: Marobojoc, Bohol, Phillipines

"Unresolved warranty issues"
My AC unit failed to cool last October, after having used it for just 10 months. I reported it to the dealer, and technicians were sent after days of waiting. Diagnosis was the voltage went 200, which I do not really understand. Until now, the unit is not yet fixed because according to the service center, it really takes a very long time for Carrier to entertain problems especially on change of parts. I am planning to visit the Dept of Trade and Industry about this matter. Imagine 2 months of discomfort...what about the warranty? I cannot even give a rate of .05 for Carrier. Thank you.

Date created: 2016-12-17 Name: P holloway
Location: Lexington, KY

"Workers"
Every serviceman I had out to install my new unit was very professional and very polite. Yes I am super satisfied with my unit and would definitely buy it again from Bryant.

Date created: 2016-09-28 Name: F.Caputo
Location: Apex, NC

"Horrendous!"
Bought the house 3 years ago, the unit was 3 years old. In that time 1 capacitor gone, and 2 pump fans. All HVAC systems are money pits no matter how much maintenance you keep on them. They are a waste of money. When this unit goes I will get my in-wall air conditioning units. They never break down and don't need maintenance. My maintenance costs for this so far in 3 years is $1500$ and I'm sure I'm not done. It's only 6 years old and a piece of crap...thank god for my wood burning stove for the winter! It's the worst industry to deal with...they are all scam artists!

Date created: 2016-09-11 Name: TARKESHWAR SINGH
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

"Poor design of evaporator model VL2442-UN, serial 6879"
The evaporator coil mentioned in the above title of review had its condensate tray made of iron without adequate protection from rusting. It rusted out completely and all the condensate water started pouring down on the blower fan and motor. In the middle of a hot summer I had no choice but to call ** ***** of Tinton Falls, New Jersey, an authorized Carrier contractor, who charged me a total $2,872.62 on 6/13/2015 to replace evaporator with Model No. CNPVP4221ALAAAAA, Serial No. 2115X40829. It was a highway robbery. The total cost for both the Carrier A/C and heating furnace was $4,865.00. Being an electrical engineer by profession, and having worked on Carrier air conditioning units for years for building complexes for a bi-state Government agency, I was very impressed with the quality of Carrier A/C units. That made me buy a Carrier A/C and heating furnace to replace my Sears central A/C and Westinghouse furnace after nearly 30 years of service. Very disappointed and unsatisfied with Carrier and ** *****.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>