Consumer Reviews of Carrier central air conditioners

Read more about Carrier central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2019-05-26 Name: Sherry Lively
Location: Tennessee

"Real model not provided, but is 58STA070---1--16"
Air unit has already gone out 2x in less than 48 hours, and unit is less than one year old. Service man said outside of unit was dirty was reason it went out, and charged me $175.00 to hose off outside of cabinet! Hogwash! I have purchased many other brands over my working lifetime (50+ years) and have never had this problem, especially not in less than a year on a brand new unit! We live in a condo with a real small yard, so not like mowing has plugged it with debris! Carrier units now being made in Mexico causing severe quality problems?? Advising everyone I know (broadcasting via private messages, advising all to pass along) to stay away from anything made by Carrier! Dozens upon dozens of similar complaints made over past 3 years by other customers whose air unit keeps going out. So far, nothing done to resolve these quality issues?? Has cost me a small fortune already, so intend to see the manufacturer suffers, too. Spreading the word about inferior Carrier brand to everyone on or off Internet (advising friends by private messenger, and they will pass info along).

Date created: 2018-08-30 Name: Bob Chmielewski
Location: Houston, TX

"Compressor Failure"
I have a Carrier ac unit that had a compressor failure less than two years after it was installed. The unit is protected by a surge protector, so the chance that a surge caused it is slim. I contacted the installer and they are getting a replacement compressor. My main complaint is the cavalier attitude of the Carrier customer service group. They are terrible to deal with. I am also having to pay for the labor and replacement Freon, which is over $1,300. This a unit that is less than 2 years old and should not have failed. I will not use another Carrier product and I will also post on as many review sites, negative reviews. The driver for the reviews are the horrible experience I had with customer service and the fact that the unit failed in less than 2 years. Carrier customer service told me that it would take 3 to 5 business days before they could send someone out to look at the unit to determine what caused the failure. I live in Texas and and August in Texas is downright hot. When I explained this to the customer service rep, the answer was that was the best they could do. Service and poor service life. Do not use Carrier products!
Date created: 2018-07-27 Name: carol rose
Location: Cocoa, FL

"Terrible!"
We replaced a quiet, 17-year-old Janitrol with this extremely noisy, brand new Carrier. It wakes me up during the night sometimes and it's so noisy out back by our porch, that when it comes on, we can't hear our radio. I can't believe that I have to listen to that noise for the next 10, 15 years! Also, we only had it for two weeks when it stopped cooling! Techs discovered that it had a cracked condenser, I believe that's what it was, and it had leaked all of the Freon! They had to order the part, and came back the next night to install, and it was in the mid 90's outside with no A/C. Now, after reading all these reviews, I'm kind of waiting for what's next. We are going to try to soundproof the closet that it's in and also build some type of soundproofing wall around the outside unit. More money that we shouldn't have to spend!
Date created: 2018-06-28 Name: Neka cureton
Location: North Carolina

"Leaking coolant"
I'm currently experiencing the same things going on with my system as others have stated above. I've been in my home 6 years and my system continues to leak refrigerant. I made a complaint last year but was told the warranty had expired 2 months before the system stop cooling my home. This year I have called several times in which I've been giving little to no concern at all from carrier. I have spent well over $1200 not including labor charges getting refrigerant into the system to attempt to find the leak but no luck. My system is currently not working at this moment and I think its unfair to the homeowners to have a newly home and have to invest in another system/ repairs so soon/Please advise. I don't want anyone knocking walls down in my home because of the faulty air condition unit to find the leak and my still be unsuccessful. This is so stressful.
Date created: 2018-06-03 Name: Melissa
Location: Michigan

"Bad coils again we pay carrier doesn’t"
Ac worked fine for a few years in our newly built house then Blower not working well & needed replacing. Then coil rusted through after 17 months of use (5summers in Michigan) all coolant leaked out of rusted coil then coil was replaced. At $700 our cost carrier won’t pay for defective coil. Who want to do a class action lawsuit. Lennox got sued for faulty coils because of bad metal now carrier is doing the same to us. We have to do something
Date created: 2018-04-12 Name: T. DeLucca

"Defective Parts"
Installed a Carrier HVAC in 2016 remodel. A year later the outside coil is leaking. Carrier agrees to replace the defective part, but not the labor costs. $1,000! This week a/c doesn't work and we find out a different coil is leaking. Another defective part that Carrier agrees to replace under warranty but not labor costs. In for another $500! This is absolutely unacceptable. My story is not different from many I've read here. How do we go about initializing a class action lawsuit!
Date created: 2018-04-07 Name: No sharma

"Poor service"
Service concerns about visiting fee. Once customer paid the charges technician never listen. They among themselves decide who will go to attend the call. Call is in the name of Amar, he will send Sagar. For a/c no to Carrier a/c.
Date created: 2018-03-17 Name: TUSAR BARMAN
Location: West Bengal, India

"Carrier ac and its services is bad"
I brought 1ton 5 star duraedge carrier ac on 8 April 2016. It's installed by company technician, but not properly. So till now I face many problem with no cooling issues. I complaint many times, but not solve permanently. So I am fully dissatisfied and not recommended.
Date created: 2018-03-16 Name: c. D'Angelo
Location: Stuart, FL

"Poor unit"
Our unit was installed in our new house December 2014. We have had three major repairs on this brand new unit. The blower module February 2016. Leaking coil December 2017 and in January 2018 Evap. Motor and transformer. Carrier opened a case for us but they failed to request the defect parts be returned and continue to request diagnostic data that was not done. It has been three months with no resolution, Would not recommend this unit to anyone.
Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: Tom Powell
Location: Austin, TX

"Carrier AC's are very low quality"
This is a company I will never buy another product from. I built a new house in 2012, and for whatever reason the product was not registered, which is supposed to give an additional 5 year warranty to the original owner. After 5 years and 1 month, the coil went out, and because it was not registered, the warranty expired after 5 years. The two problems I have are 1) that Carrier would hide behind what is essentially a "paperwork" issue to not cover the warranty for the additional 5 years, and 2) the main problem of them building really crappy products - in this case the coil. It is hard to believe that something as expensive as an ac unit would only last 5 years before going out, which indicates a poor quality product. My last house had a unit that lasted almost 20 years, and it was still working when I sold it (it was not a carrier system) But clearly this company does not build quality products, and I would recommend anyone that is building a new home or replacing their entire system to seriously consider a different manufacturer because this one is awful. Even if they did warranty the coil, it would still be a $900 labor cost , which is also directly attributable to them building a low quality product. I know this company was hyped in the news during the election about continuing to "manufacture" their products in the usa, but if this is the kind of product they build in the us compared to where other manufacturers build their AC's, then I don't want it because I don't want any sub-standard products in my house. Bad!
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>