Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: John
Location: Vancouver

"Bad unit and horrible services"
Brand new one is totally not working. Worst customer service ever! Do not buy Carrier's products! It's a waste of your money.

Date created: 2015-07-24 Name: I Acevedo
Location: Fairhope, AL

"Worst experience ever"
Purchased a new unit on March 2015. 3 months later the unit is making a lot of noise, and needs a new fan motor. Carrier says because they did not sell the unit to me they cannot replace it; the distributor is the only one I can deal with and they say they can only fix it, they will never replace this unit. And me, the customer, will have to cross my fingers that nothing else happens to this unit in the future an keep paying for the unit as brand new because nobody is responsible for nothing. I have a year warranty on labor, and 10 years in parts. Besides that, nothing else can be done. It is ridiculous, such expensive machines and such bad customer service.

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: SAD News
Location: Virginia

"13 months after it's down!"
You would think that these items are programmed by Carrier to fail! It worked well from June 12th - September 15th and from April - July 21. Yes that is all! We will see what surprise we get when the technician comes to check this! The unit is huge also. If you are getting a new one just read some reviews and stay away from Carrier, this tells you what the company's values are.

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: noel
Location: Florida

"Bad unit"
I am an installer from 1992. I bought a 4 ton Carrier complete and it just can't cool 1250 square feet. There's compressor noise, the coil comes with piston 82. I called Carrier to let them know what's going on, they sent an 80 piston, same problem. Now I have to pay for the customer's light bill. This crap runs all day until someone turns it off. R410 and Carrier is like a gunman robbing an old lady.

Date created: 2015-07-15 Name: T. Cowart
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

"Bought new Carrier Infinity 4.5 ton unit, including handler, in 2009. This had to be one of the worst investments we ever made."
Worst investment of our lives. Infinity Carrier system is a lemon.

Date created: 2015-06-25 Name: d pRZYWARA
Location: Maryland

"Bad unit"
Had it installed last week, A/C and furnace. I had to call the installer back, the A/C had a bad motor and was making a humming noise all over my house. I have to wait for the part to come in and listen to the humming. I made a bad choice. Do not buy a Carrier!

Date created: 2015-05-29 Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Lasted a long time, works okay"
We've had a carrier 5 ton air conditioner for the last 20 years. It works okay, but we've had to get the Freon replaced several times. When it is fully charged, it works very well. It can quickly cool my house down. We recently got it repaired 2 years ago. I think mainly we didn't clean it often so one of the belts wore out. When we got this changed, we also recharged the Freon. The repair was successful and now we are able to use the AC perfectly fine. I would recommend this air conditioner as it has lasted a very long time and I didn't have to replace much of anything on it. Just remember that the unit will need to be cleaned sometimes. Especially if you have a tree or bush nearby that sheds leaves. I think that was the main problem. Other than that minimal maintenance was required for this unit.

Date created: 2015-05-02 Name: S. Bialous
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

"A/C repair. Better yet, non-repair."
In short, the thermostat was blank and air handler was leaking. Sears spent 1/2 hours, they sort of vacuumed out water and looked at my 2nd air handler and charged me $220. The next day, the 2nd air handler was leaking and exactly 1 week later, the one he supposedly fixed was not working. I called Sears twice and the A/C manager (who seemed cold and uncaring) told me there will be a charge to come out again. No explanation. 'Sears' - we'll never ever buy anything there again.

Date created: 2015-04-13 Location: Trumbull CT

"Keep yourself cool with Carrier"
I've owned this unit for about two years and its great. On those really hot days it does the trick. I like it because it is very powerful keeps everything cool and never have any problems. Even when I fired it back up again during the start of the summer after sitting idle for so long it had no issue with working. The only dislike is it is a quite large unit and it is hard to cover and clean when leaves and other debris get into the insdie of the unit. I would definitely recommend this same unit and company to a friend. Carrier continues to provide awesome products with great features.

Date created: 2015-03-22 Name: F.bell

"Carrier central air"
Had the unit for 13 years with nothing but normal maintenance done. Never a problem.