Consumer Reviews of Carrier central air conditioners

Read more about Carrier central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-07-27 Name: carol rose
Location: Cocoa, FL

"Terrible!"
We replaced a quiet, 17-year-old Janitrol with this extremely noisy, brand new Carrier. It wakes me up during the night sometimes and it's so noisy out back by our porch, that when it comes on, we can't hear our radio. I can't believe that I have to listen to that noise for the next 10, 15 years! Also, we only had it for two weeks when it stopped cooling! Techs discovered that it had a cracked condenser, I believe that's what it was, and it had leaked all of the Freon! They had to order the part, and came back the next night to install, and it was in the mid 90's outside with no A/C. Now, after reading all these reviews, I'm kind of waiting for what's next. We are going to try to soundproof the closet that it's in and also build some type of soundproofing wall around the outside unit. More money that we shouldn't have to spend!

Date created: 2018-06-28 Name: Neka cureton
Location: North Carolina

"Leaking coolant"
I'm currently experiencing the same things going on with my system as others have stated above. I've been in my home 6 years and my system continues to leak refrigerant. I made a complaint last year but was told the warranty had expired 2 months before the system stop cooling my home. This year I have called several times in which I've been giving little to no concern at all from carrier. I have spent well over $1200 not including labor charges getting refrigerant into the system to attempt to find the leak but no luck. My system is currently not working at this moment and I think its unfair to the homeowners to have a newly home and have to invest in another system/ repairs so soon/Please advise. I don't want anyone knocking walls down in my home because of the faulty air condition unit to find the leak and my still be unsuccessful. This is so stressful.
Date created: 2018-06-03 Name: Melissa
Location: Michigan

"Bad coils again we pay carrier doesn’t"
Ac worked fine for a few years in our newly built house then Blower not working well & needed replacing. Then coil rusted through after 17 months of use (5summers in Michigan) all coolant leaked out of rusted coil then coil was replaced. At $700 our cost carrier won’t pay for defective coil. Who want to do a class action lawsuit. Lennox got sued for faulty coils because of bad metal now carrier is doing the same to us. We have to do something
Date created: 2018-04-12 Name: T. DeLucca

"Defective Parts"
Installed a Carrier HVAC in 2016 remodel. A year later the outside coil is leaking. Carrier agrees to replace the defective part, but not the labor costs. $1,000! This week a/c doesn't work and we find out a different coil is leaking. Another defective part that Carrier agrees to replace under warranty but not labor costs. In for another $500! This is absolutely unacceptable. My story is not different from many I've read here. How do we go about initializing a class action lawsuit!
Date created: 2018-04-07 Name: No sharma

"Poor service"
Service concerns about visiting fee. Once customer paid the charges technician never listen. They among themselves decide who will go to attend the call. Call is in the name of Amar, he will send Sagar. For a/c no to Carrier a/c.
Date created: 2018-03-17 Name: TUSAR BARMAN
Location: West Bengal, India

"Carrier ac and its services is bad"
I brought 1ton 5 star duraedge carrier ac on 8 April 2016. It's installed by company technician, but not properly. So till now I face many problem with no cooling issues. I complaint many times, but not solve permanently. So I am fully dissatisfied and not recommended.
Date created: 2018-03-16 Name: c. D'Angelo
Location: Stuart, FL

"Poor unit"
Our unit was installed in our new house December 2014. We have had three major repairs on this brand new unit. The blower module February 2016. Leaking coil December 2017 and in January 2018 Evap. Motor and transformer. Carrier opened a case for us but they failed to request the defect parts be returned and continue to request diagnostic data that was not done. It has been three months with no resolution, Would not recommend this unit to anyone.
Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: Tom Powell
Location: Austin, TX

"Carrier AC's are very low quality"
This is a company I will never buy another product from. I built a new house in 2012, and for whatever reason the product was not registered, which is supposed to give an additional 5 year warranty to the original owner. After 5 years and 1 month, the coil went out, and because it was not registered, the warranty expired after 5 years. The two problems I have are 1) that Carrier would hide behind what is essentially a "paperwork" issue to not cover the warranty for the additional 5 years, and 2) the main problem of them building really crappy products - in this case the coil. It is hard to believe that something as expensive as an ac unit would only last 5 years before going out, which indicates a poor quality product. My last house had a unit that lasted almost 20 years, and it was still working when I sold it (it was not a carrier system) But clearly this company does not build quality products, and I would recommend anyone that is building a new home or replacing their entire system to seriously consider a different manufacturer because this one is awful. Even if they did warranty the coil, it would still be a $900 labor cost , which is also directly attributable to them building a low quality product. I know this company was hyped in the news during the election about continuing to "manufacture" their products in the usa, but if this is the kind of product they build in the us compared to where other manufacturers build their AC's, then I don't want it because I don't want any sub-standard products in my house. Bad!
Date created: 2017-08-24 Name: M.Jones
Location: Lincolnton, GA

"DO NOT PURCHASE A CARRIER HVAC"
5 year old unit and still under warranty. Issue #1: On June 20, 2017 the blower motor on my 48es-a420903-gp HVAC/Gas Pak stopped working. It was after 4:00 pm and the temperature was in the mid 90'S. The condenser fan motor and compressor were still running at the time the blower motor failed. The thermostat indicated a flashing message "Cooling On" indicating there was some type of problem. Normally the "Cooling On" message is constant when things are working properly. So I turned off the main power breaker to the unit at that time. I also turned the thermostat to the off position. Next I tried calling several authorized Carrier Repair companies and in every case I got a voice mail stating they had closed for the day. So I did try to get an authorized repairman to come to my house but I was unsuccessful. Next, I called my best friend. He is a certified industrial and commercial electrician who has been installing 20, 30, 40 or 50 ton hvac systems in industrial plants and commercial facilities for over 20 years. He stated that it was probably the capacitor that had failed. So I took a picture of the capacitor and sent the picture to him and he went to his electrical distributor (Fox Appliance Parts, Augusta, Georgia) and purchased a new capacitor. The local Carrier Parts Distributor had already closed for the day and he could not purchase the capacitor from them. So he drove to my house (50 miles) and installed the new capacitor after he got off work. Well, that didn't fix the problem. The motor would turn but only at a very minimal rpm. At that point he suggested that he take the blower motor out, so we did. He has rebuilt 100's of motors and he could immediately tell that the motor was binding up (bad bearings) and not spinning as freely as it should. He stated that one or both of the motor bearings had failed. So he took the motor to Fox Appliance the next morning and they performed some tests on the motor and they stated that the motor was bad and that I'd have to buy a new replacement. Both he and I were unaware that the replacement motor had to be purchased from the local Carrier parts distributor in order for it to be covered by the my unit's warranty. So on June 21, 2017 he installed the new motor and it ran perfectly. It has been running fine since the installation. My question is: Can I get reimbursed for the new blower motor? My unit is under a 10 year warranty. I did everything I knew to do to get an authorized repairman to fix the blower mower. I am also 67 years old and disabled and could not go without air conditioning in this mid 90 degree heat wave. I am hoping that Carrier would approve a reimbursement of $32.35 for the capacitor and $488.53 for the new blower motor. I am on a fixed income (Social Security) and this repair has caused me to sacrifice some bare necessities. I also went on Amazon.com and the identical replacement blower motor was over $627.00. Issue #2: Yesterday around 4:30 pm my neighbor called me and stated that my hvac unit was making a loud noise, twice as loud as it normally does. I ran outside and sure enough there was a terrible rumbling, clanking, humming noise coming from the compressor compartment. I immediately turned the main power breaker off. I took the outside panel off and looked at the compressor. Nothing looked abnormal but the compressor was so hot I could barely touch it. There was no ice built up on the coils and condensate was dripping from the drain pipe. The cooling coils were cold to the touch. So, it's in the mid 90's again and I have no air conditioning. I called a local hvac repairman but again it was after hours and no one was going to respond. I let the unit stay powered down for approximately two hours then I turned the main power breaker back on. The unit immediately came back on and has been work now for about 20 hours with out a repeat of the problem what ever it was. Something is wrong with the compressor and I feel it's just a matter of time before it goes out for good. I feel that I have purchased a lemon with all these problems happening and the unit only being 5 years old. I am extremely disappointed with my 5 year old unit. It should not be breaking down like this and costing me hundreds of dollars in repairs. I am attaching receipts for the capacitor and for the blower motor. My friend provided all the labor and didn't charge me a dime even though he had several hours of work invested not to mention over 200 miles of travel expenses. Your approval of my claim is really needed and would be greatly appreciated. Update: Carrier sent me a denial of my claim for the new motor. The said they would send me $150.00 in "coupons". I have no idea what these coupons are good for. I suggest that anyone who is thinking of buying a Carrier product, please do not puchase ONE.They do not stand full behind their 10 year warrant, their customer servide is extremely poor, and I'll never buy another Carrier product.
Date created: 2017-07-09 Name: Frank
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

"34 years old and working great"
Was installed 34 years ago and one bump up but working great.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>