Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-08-16 Name: MichaelJ
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Comfort Model 24ABB3 is a turd"
I bought this Carrier unit through CenterPoint Energy when our old unit died and we needed to make payments on a new one. This thing is a piece or trash! I've had CenterPoint come out 3 times in 2 years to work on this pig. It gets loud as hell and can't cool once it gets muggy out. I'm glad that CenterPoint has a 5 year warranty on this, because I'm going to get this thing working or they are giving me a new one. Do not buy and shame on Carrier for selling this pos!

Date created: 2016-08-05 Name: Mike
Location: Palmetto, FL

"Carrier sucks"
I have never sent out a review before but Carrier sucks. My house is four years old and I have had to get my units worked on four times. The parts are only covered a few more months and I have a service contract to have them taken care of. ***** ****** built the house and had they sent in the registration card when the house was built I could have had 5 more years coverage on the units but now ***** ****** ***** and Carrier told me to pack sand. I have nobody to blame but me. Please do your home work and do not use Carrier or ***** ****** *****.

Date created: 2016-08-05 Name: JENNY TRUSSELL
Location: West Columbia, SC

"Two years old, stopped working"
This unit worked beautifully until July 17, 2016. Since that time, I have had ARS technicians to come here five times. It is now August 4, 2016. Three different technicians have come and tried to analyze and correct the problem. None of them have been able to fix it. As I wait here in a very hot house, someone is supposed to come back today. ARS phoned this morning to say they are trying to locate a part. A new circuit board and thermostat were installed on August 3, 2016. Again, the unit quit running the next day. Apparently, ARS is not going to be able today to try another circuit board. Having purchased this unit for $9,000.00 only two years ago, I'm sure that you can understand my level of frustration and concern. My question to you is, have similar complaints been made on this model?

Date created: 2016-07-30 Name: John Filo
Location: Kettering, OH

"85 Decibels"
Just installed a new 2 1/2 ton Carrier air conditioner. It emits 85 decibels of sound. It was advertised to be as low as 65 decibels. This is intolerable at night! Carrier couldn't care less! No recourse for me. Buying Carrier was a colossal blunder! I have no one to blame but myself. As it turns out, American Standard was the best choice. Trane was second. That was based on exhaustive research, after the purchase. I found what seemed to be endless complaints against Carrier. How do you test drive an air conditioner? Caveat emptor!

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: Geral Sanders
Location: San Jose, CA

"Huge mistake"
This unit has been a huge pain in the ass. Since I bought and had it installed by some real crooks. Won't mention the name because I have no documented proof. It's now blowing warm air again! Just had it repaired last month($280.00) and here we go again. $500 thermostats etc. I've had enough. I'm going to shi. Can this pos and have a unit from a reputable vendor installed. Thank God I can afford to do it. If you're interested in my experience, let me know and I'll tell you who the real terrible vendor was. They may have changed by now but corporate culture is top down!

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: Pamela Leone
Location: Miami, FL

" Very bad, do not buy."
Brand new $5500.00 machine. Not working for 5 days. AC Man had to replace fan motor and module, then wires. Less than 10 months old. Do no buy any Carriers. Product made in Mexico. My A/C 4 ton unit is product defective! Customer service hangs up on you! CEO has no phone number!

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: L. Skinner
Location: Lancaster, PA

"Worst reliability of any system ever owned"
Infinity 96 system purchased in new home in December 2006. Have since replaced condensate pump twice, evaporator coils twice, and now the variable speed blower motor. All this while having the unit routinely maintained twice per year. Worst reliability of any major appliance that I have had in 40 years of home ownership. Will never buy Carrier products again.

Date created: 2016-06-01 Name: Evelyn Gansfuss
Location: Pittstown, NJ

"No Longer a reliable brand"
Thought Carrier was a good brand. Maybe it was when it was located in the United States. Just 10 years old and it has to be replaced as it rusted out. This unit is for my office. I have a Trane at home and it is over 28 years old and still going strong. Obviously I will not get another Carrier.

Date created: 2016-05-26 Name: Altaf
Location: Godhra, India

"Worst service, don't buy a Carrier AC"
Worst service I have ever seen. I bought a Carrier Novello Plus AC and within 8 month it was noisy. I complained a month ago and no one has come to solve this problem. They only cover cities. Don't buy if you are living in towns or villages. I complained on April 29, 2016 and today is May 26, 2016. Still my complaint is pending. My complaint number is 131063246.

Date created: 2016-05-02 Name: Phil simmons
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Got my money's worth"
I've been living in my house for 33 years and the Carrier air conditioner that was in my house was at least 2 years old so it is at least 35 years old. The only thing I have had done to it was a new fan motor about 6 years ago that cost me $250. That's not a bad investment for 35 years. I have thought about having it replaced because I'm sure the newer model would be cheaper on my electric bill but it's now come down to see how long it will last. It's about 85 here now in North Carolina and my house is quite cool inside. And oh yeah I built onto my house 25 years ago and added 2 large rooms and hasn't affected its cooling capacity a bit. My unit is so old that the outside cover is rusting out at the bottom but still runs like a brand new one. Needless to say I've got my money's worth. Go Carrier!

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>