Consumer Reviews of Carrier central air conditioners

Read more about Carrier central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: Tom Powell
Location: Austin, TX

"Carrier AC's are very low quality"
This is a company I will never buy another product from. I built a new house in 2012, and for whatever reason the product was not registered, which is supposed to give an additional 5 year warranty to the original owner. After 5 years and 1 month, the coil went out, and because it was not registered, the warranty expired after 5 years. The two problems I have are 1) that Carrier would hide behind what is essentially a "paperwork" issue to not cover the warranty for the additional 5 years, and 2) the main problem of them building really crappy products - in this case the coil. It is hard to believe that something as expensive as an ac unit would only last 5 years before going out, which indicates a poor quality product. My last house had a unit that lasted almost 20 years, and it was still working when I sold it (it was not a carrier system) But clearly this company does not build quality products, and I would recommend anyone that is building a new home or replacing their entire system to seriously consider a different manufacturer because this one is awful. Even if they did warranty the coil, it would still be a $900 labor cost , which is also directly attributable to them building a low quality product. I know this company was hyped in the news during the election about continuing to "manufacture" their products in the usa, but if this is the kind of product they build in the us compared to where other manufacturers build their AC's, then I don't want it because I don't want any sub-standard products in my house. Bad!

Date created: 2017-08-24 Name: M.Jones
Location: Lincolnton, GA

"DO NOT PURCHASE A CARRIER HVAC"
5 year old unit and still under warranty. ISSUE #1: On June 20, 2017 the blower motor on my 48es-a420903-gp HVAC/Gas Pak stopped working. It was after 4:00 pm and the temperature was in the mid 90'S. The condenser fan motor and compressor were still running at the time the blower motor failed. The thermostat indicated a flashing message "Cooling On" indicating there was some type of problem. Normally the "Cooling On" message is constant when things are working properly. So I turned off the main power breaker to the unit at that time. I also turned the thermostat to the off position. Next I tried calling several authorized Carrier Repair companies and in every case I got a voice mail stating they had closed for the day. So I did try to get an authorized repairman to come to my house but I was unsuccessful. Next, I called my best friend. He is a certified industrial and commercial electrician who has been installing 20, 30, 40 or 50 ton hvac systems in industrial plants and commercial facilities for over 20 years. He stated that it was probably the capacitor that had failed. So I took a picture of the capacitor and sent the picture to him and he went to his electrical distributor (Fox Appliance Parts, Augusta, Georgia) and purchased a new capacitor. The local Carrier Parts Distributor had already closed for the day and he could not purchase the capacitor from them. So he drove to my house (50 miles) and installed the new capacitor after he got off work. Well, that didn't fix the problem. The motor would turn but only at a very minimal rpm. At that point he suggested that he take the blower motor out, so we did. He has rebuilt 100's of motors and he could immediately tell that the motor was binding up (bad bearings) and not spinning as freely as it should. He stated that one or both of the motor bearings had failed. So he took the motor to Fox Appliance the next morning and they performed some tests on the motor and they stated that the motor was bad and that I'd have to buy a new replacement. Both he and I were unaware that the replacement motor had to be purchased from the local Carrier parts distributor in order for it to be covered by the my unit's warranty. So on June 21, 2017 he installed the new motor and it ran perfectly. It has been running fine since the installation. My question is: Can I get reimbursed for the new blower motor? My unit is under a 10 year warranty. I did everything I knew to do to get an authorized repairman to fix the blower mower. I am also 67 years old and disabled and could not go without air conditioning in this mid 90 degree heat wave. I am hoping that Carrier would approve a reimbursement of $32.35 for the capacitor and $488.53 for the new blower motor. I am on a fixed income (Social Security) and this repair has caused me to sacrifice some bare necessities. I also went on Amazon.com and the identical replacement blower motor was over $627.00. Issue #2: Yesterday around 4:30 pm my neighbor called me and stated that my hvac unit was making a loud noise, twice as loud as it normally does. I ran outside and sure enough there was a terrible rumbling, clanking, humming noise coming from the compressor compartment. I immediately turned the main power breaker off. I took the outside panel off and looked at the compressor. Nothing looked abnormal but the compressor was so hot I could barely touch it. There was no ice built up on the coils and condensate was dripping from the drain pipe. The cooling coils were cold to the touch. So, it's in the mid 90's again and I have no air conditioning. I called a local hvac repairman but again it was after hours and no one was going to respond. I let the unit stay powered down for approximately two hours then I turned the main power breaker back on. The unit immediately came back on and has been work now for about 20 hours with out a repeat of the problem what ever it was. Something is wrong with the compressor and I feel it's just a matter of time before it goes out for good. I feel that I have purchased a lemon with all these problems happening and the unit only being 5 years old. I am extremely disappointed with my 5 year old unit. It should not be breaking down like this and costing me hundreds of dollars in repairs. I am attaching receipts for the capacitor and for the blower motor. My friend provided all the labor and didn't charge me a dime even though he had several hours of work invested not to mention over 200 miles of travel expenses. Your approval of my claim is really needed and would be greatly appreciated. Update: Carrier sent me a denial of my claim for the new motor. The said they would send me $150.00 in "coupons". I have no idea what these coupons are good for. I suggest that anyone who is thinking of buying a Carrier product, please do not puchase ONE.They do not stand full behind their 10 year warrant, their customer servide is extremely poor, and I'll never buy another Carrier product.

Date created: 2017-07-09 Name: Frank
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

"34 years old and working great"
Was installed 34 years ago and one bump up but working great.

Date created: 2017-06-16 Name: MIKE MOODY
Location: Zanesville, OH

"CARRIER AIR CONDITIONS"
Dear sirs; I would not walk across the street for a junk carrier air conditioner.

Date created: 2017-04-28 Name: PANKAJ Tandon
Location: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India

"Useless Air conditioner"
I have used carrier air conditioners but this time found that one should not buy these machines because they run out of spares . Recently they told me that sorry we cannot repair your unit because we do not have the parts. It means I invest another 50000 Rs. To buy a new AC and the company does not have any responsibility .

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Rajiv Misraa
Location: New Delhi, India

"Service Problem by Franchisees"
Sir, Further to my complaint for my 1.5 Ton Window Air-conditioner on March 29, 2017 ----- Thank you for calling CARRIER Customer Care. Your Transaction no. is : 131579527. For any further assistance please contact us on 180030111111. -------- Two technicians visited my house and recommended replacement of some parts which the Carrier Technical staff informed had turned defective and demanded RS.3350.00 along with visiting charges of RS.350.00 as per rules of your Company. Believing that Technical staff deputed by Carrier is competent to diagnose the defective, I paid the demanded amount. They claimed to have changed the defective parts thus making me to believe that the air conditioner will function okay. To my utter surprise, the air conditioner turned defective just in 7-10 days. This time again some other Technical staff was deputed by Carrier Service and the technicians informed that the previous technicians had done nothing but only tighten some parts and cheated us. The new technical staff informed that Motor of the air conditioner had turned defective and it will cost RS. 4800.00. Now my questions are: 1. Why ordinary unskilled unreliable mechanics were deputed to my house to attend to my AC who declared a particular part defective and charged RS. 3350.00 whereas the second team of technical staff deputed by Carrier Service Manager declared that earlier team had not done their job. 2. Whom should I believe now ???? In case Motor of the air conditioner Is defective and replaced who will guarantee that examination is correct and correct money is being charged. Who will guarantee that the air conditioner will work smoothly after that. 3. I am feeling cheated by Carrier Air conditioner Service Department and Company as they are behaving very irresponsibly towards attending to the customer complaints by deputing unskilled staff. 4. I relied on Carrier thinking that company staff will do the work efficiently but on the contrary Carrier Service Manager is cheating customers in connivance with technical staff and franchisees. 5. Please depute some very trained and senior staff Engineer to attend my AC and carry out replacement of defective parts after adjusting money already collected RS.3350.00 and collect balance payment. 6. My son did talk to one Engineer of the Company but he was not satisfied with the irresponsible attitude of the Engineer concerned. 7. Second time mechanic deputed was Abhishek I believe. Kindly lodge my complaint and take action from the history card available with you as to which all mechanics were were deputed and what job done. I cannot be making payments once for Thermostat for RS. 3350.00, second time for the MOTOR for RS. 4800.00 and third time for some other part and fourth time for another part equalanent to the cost of New AC. How ridiculous this is to think of Carrier Service. Please attend my complaint as soon as possible and set right my AC by adjusting payment already made, failing which I shall have to write to the Seniors including File complaint with Customer Redressal Forum. Hope Carrier believe in customer satisfaction which is zero in my case. Looking for your immediate action, Rajiv Misraa 9810973812 26/8 Third Floor West Patel Nagar New Delhi 110008

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Rajiv Misraa
Location: New Delhi, India

"Cheating by Service Dealer of Carrier in New Delhi India"
My Carrier 1.5 Ton Window A/C worked well for about seven years and turned defective in March 2017. Team of two mechanics visited on call and declared some part defective and collected cheque payment of 3350.00 but within ten days AC again stopped functioning. Again second team of mechanics visited from same Dealer Franchisee of Carrier in New Delhi, India and reported that earlier team had made AC functional by temporary solution by tightening the screws and informed that compressor motor had turned defective costing inr 4800.00. I am feeling cheated by collection of 3350 by first team and ready for payment of balance amount for change of motor compressor. Carrier Service Manager does not want to talk to customer and had not got the air conditioner set right despite my several mail. Most unsatisfied service of Carrier Air conditioner in New Delhi, India. Please get my job done immediately. Rajiv Misraa Phone+91-9810973812 26/8 Third Floor West Patel Nagar New Delhi India 110008 Unsatisfied Cheated Customer By Carrier Service

Date created: 2017-04-18 Name: Ben Lin
Location: Bethesda, MD

"24ACC4 compressor fails after 1 summer"
Installed in September 2015 with light use in 2016. Bad compressor on April 16th when started for first time in 2017. Anyone else having problem with this series -- Carrier Comfort 14 seer, model 24acc4 - 660a063 (series 3115e15419)?

Date created: 2017-04-17 Name: Ned khan
Location: Carlisle, PA

"Bought junk"
Bought a 5 ton commercial unit in 2009, installed by CR Powers in Carlisle, PA, the unit gave freezing of coils problem from the first year and problem every summer and fall when asked to replace the unit was told there was no warranty after one year the dealer charged me every year for many parts and service including replacing the fan and blower motors, capacitors etc and now again after one year of replacing both motors for a substantial amount the motors are burnt again and was told so is the compressor burnt and have to buy s new unit, someone told me they have a ten year warranty on these machines but I don't know who to contact at Carrrier, the dealer had already refused to stand by the warranty many years back.

Date created: 2017-03-17 Name: S. Heisner
Location: Bethlehem, PA

"Excellent Service by Installers of Carrier!"
I recently had my Carrier central a/c installed by Sarosky heating and a/c of Bethlehem, pa. If anyone is looking for someone to install their Carrier unit, I would suggest this company.. I am more than pleased with them! First of all, out of my 3 estimates I obtained prior to choosing Sarosky, they were the least expensive, for this same Carrier product. Secondly, their service was Prompt. I received the quote, and in a timely manner they were able to set up & do the installation...as opposed to a wait time of 1-2-3 months down the line. Thirdly, the service was terrific! When it was being installed, I felt that the employees really were very knowledgeable by telling me/educating me on the work that they were doing, as they were doing it. Frank, the one technician said that he has been working at the company for 24 years! So he/they, were very personable & very competent. They answered every (painstaking, I'm sure! LOL:)) question I had along the way. They even made an effort to accommodate my crazy work schedule, which I know posed some inconveniences for them. So far I am very pleased with the contractors they deal with re: Sarosky heating and a/c & of course, my Carrier unit. Easy to maintain, is very quiet and I think I am going to be very satisfied with it overall. They get 5 stars all the way around from me. I would highly recommend them both, Sarosky Heating & a/c and Carrier:)

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>