Consumer Reviews of CARRIER central air conditioners

Read more about CARRIER central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-09-11 Name: TARKESHWAR SINGH
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

"Poor design of evaporator model VL2442-UN, serial 6879"
The evaporator coil mentioned in the above title of review had its condensate tray made of iron without adequate protection from rusting. It rusted out completely and all the condensate water started pouring down on the blower fan and motor. In the middle of a hot summer I had no choice but to call ** ***** of Tinton Falls, New Jersey, an authorized Carrier contractor, who charged me a total $2,872.62 on 6/13/2015 to replace evaporator with Model No. CNPVP4221ALAAAAA, Serial No. 2115X40829. It was a highway robbery. The total cost for both the Carrier A/C and heating furnace was $4,865.00. Being an electrical engineer by profession, and having worked on Carrier air conditioning units for years for building complexes for a bi-state Government agency, I was very impressed with the quality of Carrier A/C units. That made me buy a Carrier A/C and heating furnace to replace my Sears central A/C and Westinghouse furnace after nearly 30 years of service. Very disappointed and unsatisfied with Carrier and ** *****.

Date created: 2016-09-08 Name: L Richards
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

"Faulty AC, month to fix, no compensation"
Never buy Carrier, they sit in an ivory tower and have no response to customer issues. Took a month from the date of install to replace my faulty unit. Hydro bill doubled, took a total of 10 hours off work to let the techs in the house to test their product. The rep didn't return my calls, now I'm out over $250 in wages plus $200 in extra hydro.

Date created: 2016-08-25 Name: T. Johns
Location: Atlanta, GA

"TXV expansion valves fail within 3 years."
Carrier has had a known problem with the TXV expansion valve which can fail within 3 years such as mine. They will cover the part but not the over $500 labor fee to replace it. Sad, but be ready to pay a service fee of 10% of the Carrier system cost within 3 years. Hardly a quality product

Date created: 2016-08-16 Name: MichaelJ
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Comfort Model 24ABB3 is a turd"
I bought this Carrier unit through CenterPoint Energy when our old unit died and we needed to make payments on a new one. This thing is a piece or trash! I've had CenterPoint come out 3 times in 2 years to work on this pig. It gets loud as hell and can't cool once it gets muggy out. I'm glad that CenterPoint has a 5 year warranty on this, because I'm going to get this thing working or they are giving me a new one. Do not buy and shame on Carrier for selling this pos!

Date created: 2016-08-05 Name: Mike
Location: Palmetto, FL

"Carrier sucks"
I have never sent out a review before but Carrier sucks. My house is four years old and I have had to get my units worked on four times. The parts are only covered a few more months and I have a service contract to have them taken care of. ***** ****** built the house and had they sent in the registration card when the house was built I could have had 5 more years coverage on the units but now ***** ****** ***** and Carrier told me to pack sand. I have nobody to blame but me. Please do your home work and do not use Carrier or ***** ****** *****.

Date created: 2016-08-05 Name: JENNY TRUSSELL
Location: West Columbia, SC

"Two years old, stopped working"
This unit worked beautifully until July 17, 2016. Since that time, I have had ARS technicians to come here five times. It is now August 4, 2016. Three different technicians have come and tried to analyze and correct the problem. None of them have been able to fix it. As I wait here in a very hot house, someone is supposed to come back today. ARS phoned this morning to say they are trying to locate a part. A new circuit board and thermostat were installed on August 3, 2016. Again, the unit quit running the next day. Apparently, ARS is not going to be able today to try another circuit board. Having purchased this unit for $9,000.00 only two years ago, I'm sure that you can understand my level of frustration and concern. My question to you is, have similar complaints been made on this model?

Date created: 2016-07-30 Name: John Filo
Location: Kettering, OH

"85 Decibels"
Just installed a new 2 1/2 ton Carrier air conditioner. It emits 85 decibels of sound. It was advertised to be as low as 65 decibels. This is intolerable at night! Carrier couldn't care less! No recourse for me. Buying Carrier was a colossal blunder! I have no one to blame but myself. As it turns out, American Standard was the best choice. Trane was second. That was based on exhaustive research, after the purchase. I found what seemed to be endless complaints against Carrier. How do you test drive an air conditioner? Caveat emptor!

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: Geral Sanders
Location: San Jose, CA

"Huge mistake"
This unit has been a huge pain in the ass. Since I bought and had it installed by some real crooks. Won't mention the name because I have no documented proof. It's now blowing warm air again! Just had it repaired last month($280.00) and here we go again. $500 thermostats etc. I've had enough. I'm going to shi. Can this pos and have a unit from a reputable vendor installed. Thank God I can afford to do it. If you're interested in my experience, let me know and I'll tell you who the real terrible vendor was. They may have changed by now but corporate culture is top down!

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: Pamela Leone
Location: Miami, FL

" Very bad, do not buy."
Brand new $5500.00 machine. Not working for 5 days. AC Man had to replace fan motor and module, then wires. Less than 10 months old. Do no buy any Carriers. Product made in Mexico. My A/C 4 ton unit is product defective! Customer service hangs up on you! CEO has no phone number!

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: L. Skinner
Location: Lancaster, PA

"Worst reliability of any system ever owned"
Infinity 96 system purchased in new home in December 2006. Have since replaced condensate pump twice, evaporator coils twice, and now the variable speed blower motor. All this while having the unit routinely maintained twice per year. Worst reliability of any major appliance that I have had in 40 years of home ownership. Will never buy Carrier products again.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>