Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: J. Pullano
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Stay away from BRYANT"
After many calls to Bryant and had their service person come to the house the air conditioning system failed. First it was a leaky valve (so they said)-next "the refrigerant just leaked out" and they had to put more in. Then, two weeks after the warranty expired they said I needed to replace the coils ($700). I live out side of Buffalo ny. I probably used the unit for a total of 49 days. I built my home new and the unit was installed new. I have had nothing but problems with this unit never again will I buy Bryant -- Very Inferior product. I lived in Texas prior to my transfer. The temp was in the 90's and higher for 8 months- I owned a Tran -- it was 3 years old and I lived there 6 years. After 9 years of running constantly I never had a problem - it always worked. I was also treated very poorly by the bryant service center. stay away fron bryant!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: T. Williams

"BRYANT Dissatisfaction"
Had 2 new units installed in a new home. Both have failed. Had to invest $1000 to milk one along for a few months and have to replace the 2nd unit. Both failed within 2 months of warranty. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!...JUNK

Date created: 2009-06-27 Name: The Rooneys

"Would make a good boat anchor!"
Nothing but problems from day one. On the very day we had our Bryant ac installed, the compressor wouldn't even come on when the installer went to start it up for the first time! He told us it was a doa unit (dead on arrival). They had to come back the next day with another one. Well, it worked for all of three weeks and then....BOOM! The compressor seized up on this unit!!! At least the installing company was good enough to give us our money back...we had them remove the whole system and had them put in a Trane system instead...it has worked fine over the past 4 years. Stay away from Bryant is our heart felt advice!

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Lance B.

"Useless!"
Noisy...freon leaks...motor burned out...less than 3 years old and we've had to have someone out 4 times for repairs or performance issues with this ac. Do not buy a Bryany ac...you will regret it.

Date created: 2009-06-06 Name: Carolyn

"LOUD!"
Just had it put in in April and very upset with how loud this thing is. If I lived near a cemetary it would almost certainly wake the dead! I've had the installing company out here 3x trying to do something about the noise...the last repairman that came out finally admitted it's just a cheaper brand with a flaw in the design and it's going to vibrate no matter what he does. He tried to tighten something on the fan base and now it's even louder! Already my neighbor has complained about the noise. Not sure what I'll do but I sure can't live with this thing! My advice is find a better quality ac than Bryant!

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Anthony Sanchez

"BUYER BEWARE"
What a huge mistake I made in having a Bryant ac installed! This has got to be the biggest piece of shit ac ever made! It was put in during the summer of 2006 and let me count here....freon leaks out every year, fan motor replaced, capacitor replaced, compressor seized up 2nd year and had to pay to have a kit installed ($250) just to get it going. Even when this pos does run (which is rare) it doesn't keep the house any cooler than 78 dgress (unless it's like 65 degress outside!). Worthless is the one word I would use to describe this ac! Never again! We are having this crap ripped out and putting in a new Goodman 14 seer this summer. In closing all I can say is bryant=buyur beware! (And I hope your pockets are deep for all the repairs you'll have to pay for!)

Date created: 2009-06-01 Name: P. Carlson
Location: Washington

"Bryant htg & cooling sys"
Every year since we bought the furnace and air conditioner, we have had problems. Mostly the air conditioner, I live in Washington state for God's sake. I dont need it that often! Every year, it will stop working. This year we had to buy a 550 dollar part for furnace. We were told when we purchased, it would save us money, ha. Right now, my airconditioning is not working. My last home we lived in for 19 years and never every had to fix the furnace.

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: T. Carpenter

"Worthless"
We had a bryant ac put in fours years ago and have had nothing but headaches and misery from day one. This pos breaks down every season and we spend hundreds on repairs not covered by the warranty just to get it running again, and even then it doesn't keep the house cool if it's above 85 degress outside. My advice is don't throw your money away on a Bryant unit...it is nothing more than noisy, useless pos!

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: Jack
Location: Florida

"Bryant Heating & A/C"
I see both complaints and praises on these sites. I live in Florida near the Atlantic (6 miles away) and was told I did well to keep the unit as long as I did due to the harsh salt air environment. The outside compressor rusted causing its failure despite annual servicing and routine cleaning. The inside unit was still working well and was clean. However, I've decided to bite the bullet and replace both in/out units due to it being an r-22 system with a seer of 11-12 at a cost of just under $5,000 for a more efficient unit with R-410a. My recommendations for people reading these reviews - do a lot of research and comparisons before investing. Get several bids - there was over a $1000 difference between the first bid and the final by just asking a few questions (got smarter with each reps information and contradictions) and being honest about what the prior service reps had offered. Bryant was good while it lasted.

Date created: 2008-11-07 Name: Mrs. B. Palmer
Location: Miami, FL

"The Bryant Package Unit From Hell"
Free at last! Our inefficient, crappy 4 ton, 12 seer Bryant package unit finally broke down. The compressor shorted out and we had to have an electrician come out and replace the fuse box, which burned out. It gave us nothing but grief from the beginning. We’ve had multiple A/C repair companies come out times, to no avail. When I called Carrier to complain about the unit and how inadequately it was working, they would just tell me to call a Carrier dealer to have it checked out. I just think it was a poorly designed a/c unit. The proof is that we replaced it with a 13 SEER 4 ton Trane package unit a couple of months ago. Our power bill went from $442 down to $201 the following month – a 30 day period for both, so it was a good comparison. More than ½ the savings. Incredible. With the Bryant, I would have to bend down and put my hand on the floor vent to see if there was any air coming out. I don’t think the blower had enough power. Now, with the Trane, I just extend my arm straight out (no bending over) and can feel the air flowing out of the vents. And, I can actually hear the air being sucked into the “environment air intake” vent on the floor (which houses the filter). That was a sound I never heard before. We have probably spent thousands of dollars in high-energy costs because of the Bryant from Hell. I would recommend to anyone shopping for a package A/C unit NOT TO BUY BRYANT (OR CARRIER, ITS MANUFACTURER).