Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-01 Name: P. Carlson
Location: Washington

"Bryant htg & cooling sys"
Every year since we bought the furnace and air conditioner, we have had problems. Mostly the air conditioner, I live in Washington state for God's sake. I dont need it that often! Every year, it will stop working. This year we had to buy a 550 dollar part for furnace. We were told when we purchased, it would save us money, ha. Right now, my airconditioning is not working. My last home we lived in for 19 years and never every had to fix the furnace.

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: T. Carpenter

"Worthless"
We had a bryant ac put in fours years ago and have had nothing but headaches and misery from day one. This pos breaks down every season and we spend hundreds on repairs not covered by the warranty just to get it running again, and even then it doesn't keep the house cool if it's above 85 degress outside. My advice is don't throw your money away on a Bryant unit...it is nothing more than noisy, useless pos!

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: Jack
Location: Florida

"Bryant Heating & A/C"
I see both complaints and praises on these sites. I live in Florida near the Atlantic (6 miles away) and was told I did well to keep the unit as long as I did due to the harsh salt air environment. The outside compressor rusted causing its failure despite annual servicing and routine cleaning. The inside unit was still working well and was clean. However, I've decided to bite the bullet and replace both in/out units due to it being an r-22 system with a seer of 11-12 at a cost of just under $5,000 for a more efficient unit with R-410a. My recommendations for people reading these reviews - do a lot of research and comparisons before investing. Get several bids - there was over a $1000 difference between the first bid and the final by just asking a few questions (got smarter with each reps information and contradictions) and being honest about what the prior service reps had offered. Bryant was good while it lasted.

Date created: 2008-11-07 Name: Mrs. B. Palmer
Location: Miami, FL

"The Bryant Package Unit From Hell"
Free at last! Our inefficient, crappy 4 ton, 12 seer Bryant package unit finally broke down. The compressor shorted out and we had to have an electrician come out and replace the fuse box, which burned out. It gave us nothing but grief from the beginning. We’ve had multiple A/C repair companies come out times, to no avail. When I called Carrier to complain about the unit and how inadequately it was working, they would just tell me to call a Carrier dealer to have it checked out. I just think it was a poorly designed a/c unit. The proof is that we replaced it with a 13 SEER 4 ton Trane package unit a couple of months ago. Our power bill went from $442 down to $201 the following month – a 30 day period for both, so it was a good comparison. More than ½ the savings. Incredible. With the Bryant, I would have to bend down and put my hand on the floor vent to see if there was any air coming out. I don’t think the blower had enough power. Now, with the Trane, I just extend my arm straight out (no bending over) and can feel the air flowing out of the vents. And, I can actually hear the air being sucked into the “environment air intake” vent on the floor (which houses the filter). That was a sound I never heard before. We have probably spent thousands of dollars in high-energy costs because of the Bryant from Hell. I would recommend to anyone shopping for a package A/C unit NOT TO BUY BRYANT (OR CARRIER, ITS MANUFACTURER).

Date created: 2008-04-30 Name: Thomas P.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Our Bryant ac was installed two years ago and let me tell you it is a piece of junk! It's broken down 3 times, has never cooled the house below 80 degrees on a hot day and is noisy as a freight train! I would not recommend this worthless AC to anyone. Buyers beware!

Date created: 2008-02-22 Name: J Mertesn
Location: Mlps, MN

Never once had a problem with this fossil. Performs like a champ year in, year out. The only negative is the Harley like noise...but if your indoors on a hot humid day and comfy you don't even notice..

Date created: 2007-06-04 Name: Roger A, Warda
Location: Macomb Township, MI 48044

Dear Sir, When our house was being built in 2005, we discussed furnaces, and central air with the builder. He assured us that Bryant was reliable, and long lasting. He was wrong. Last week the central air failed, I was advised to call the contractor that installed the unit. Hutchison Mechanical of Macomb MI diagnosed the problem as a rusted out "A Frame." With labor and recharge, that visit cost $224.00. The following week the replacement part was installed at a cost of $90.00. Most new home owners have Bryant furnace and A/C, and have asked me what problem I experienced. At our next neighboorhood association meeting, should I tell everyone in our subdivision that Bryant is JUNK. Expect product failure, and when replacing furnace and A/C don't even consider purchasing Bryant product. Under these circustances what would you do?