Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Danny Goldsmith
Location: MA

"My New Air Conditioner"
My new 2 ton Bryant Preffered Series a/c was put in June 2010. I had to say goodbye to my 30 year old York/Borg Warner unit that died. Living in MA., we don't use these appliances all the time. I have read the reviews and I laugh. There are only 3 or 4 manufacturers making a/c compressors. The most important things for me are, Scroll Motors, Seer and Decibal Ratings and who is installing it! In addition to this new a/c, I had put in a new A/C Heating system 2 years ago for the first floor. I have 2 heating systems and 2 a/c systems. The one two years ago, I had put in a Carrier Infinity System. It has a Seer of 21. My electric bill has gone down. I think some of these reviews are bogus. I would recommend a Bryant a/c to anyone as well as a Carrier. My dealer and a few other people have told me that Trane units have been delivered damaged. Lennox requires a different schooling and tools to install and work on. Goodmans has finally caught on to using scroll motors. Is one brand really better than another?

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: M.J. Smith
Location: Brandon, FL

"Bryant has been repair prone"
Rather than install the builder grade, I upgraded my air conditioning/furnace unit when I built my home in Brandon, FL in 2000. My 12 seer air conditioning failed 1 day after the 1 year warranty period and required several hundred dollars in repairs. The local HVAC company worked with Bryant and they agree to furnish parts (including a failed condensor coil) since I was so close to the warranty, but I still paid several hundred dollars in labor. 6 mos. later, the unit failed again, leaking freon and several parts failures. I purchased a home warranty to cover this unit since it had now cost me almost $1,000.00 in repairs and was less than 2 years old. For the past 9 years, I've been afraid that my home warranty company would drop me due to the number of calls on this unit. It has practically been rebuilt down to the thermostat. I've had to put up with many periods, sometimes several days of no air conditioning while parts were ordered or when my warranty company has assigned me to a repair company with limited hours or days of service. (It really likes to break down the day before a holiday weekend too.) I wouldn't buy Bryant (or Carrier their twin) again given the experience I've had with this unit. I've made sure to get twice yearly maintenance to keep my home warranty in effect and have now been told that the unit is shot and on it's last legs. Going back through my records, I'd had 8 different local HVAC companies work on the unit and none have ever indicated any problems with the installation so it seems that it must be the equipment. I'm researching replacements now but have seen nothing to make me consider another Bryant or Carrier.

Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: Ed

"ED"
After only 4 years, this unit had to have a hard start pack installed. It has a 10 year warranty and now I am told it will cost me over $500.00 to have it repaired. I don't think so. These units should not need this part till well into it's lifetime. If I don't get some satisfaction, it's 1-800-my attorney. Never again will I purchase anything from Bryant.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Terri Anderson

"Do NOT buy a Bryant"
We bought our house 4 years ago. The house has a Bryant AC, that is 10 years old. The last four years has cost us enough in repairs to have bought a new AC! A loud piece of junk!! I turned it on for the first time April 1,2010 to find out it isn't cooling. It has leaked oil all over the pad too. I am over it. We are now trying to figure out what to replace it with before it gets too hot. I would not buy a Bryant.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Drew Oakley
Location: Beaumont, TX

Worked ok the first year but then nothing but headaches the last 2 years. Keeps breaking down and needing repairs. Total waste of money. I do not recommend Bryant at all. Drew Oakley Beaumont, TX

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: B. Mulford
Location: Florida

"Bryant 22 yrs and still running"
My home is 22 years old and still has the original unit running strong and never needed a repair call! A/c runs 10 months out of the year due to the Florida heat. Will replace this year due to building an addition on the house and to get a more efficient unit. a great product!!!

Date created: 2009-10-15 Name: Adam L

"12 SEER 3 Ton A/C unit residential"
This unit was new with the house. It was very efficient. The only maintenance was the monthly air filter and cleaning the evaporator coils with acid every 3 years. The unit is old and has finally failed after 10 years. the inside of the air handler has mixed metals that caused rust to form from the condensation and thus wear. The outside condenser was very efficient over the years. None of the motors failed and both fan motors were used heavily. The condenser unit has an energy star rating.

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: J. Pullano
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Stay away from BRYANT"
After many calls to Bryant and had their service person come to the house the air conditioning system failed. First it was a leaky valve (so they said)-next "the refrigerant just leaked out" and they had to put more in. Then, two weeks after the warranty expired they said I needed to replace the coils ($700). I live out side of Buffalo ny. I probably used the unit for a total of 49 days. I built my home new and the unit was installed new. I have had nothing but problems with this unit never again will I buy Bryant -- Very Inferior product. I lived in Texas prior to my transfer. The temp was in the 90's and higher for 8 months- I owned a Tran -- it was 3 years old and I lived there 6 years. After 9 years of running constantly I never had a problem - it always worked. I was also treated very poorly by the bryant service center. stay away fron bryant!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: T. Williams

"BRYANT Dissatisfaction"
Had 2 new units installed in a new home. Both have failed. Had to invest $1000 to milk one along for a few months and have to replace the 2nd unit. Both failed within 2 months of warranty. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!...JUNK

Date created: 2009-06-27 Name: The Rooneys

"Would make a good boat anchor!"
Nothing but problems from day one. On the very day we had our Bryant ac installed, the compressor wouldn't even come on when the installer went to start it up for the first time! He told us it was a doa unit (dead on arrival). They had to come back the next day with another one. Well, it worked for all of three weeks and then....BOOM! The compressor seized up on this unit!!! At least the installing company was good enough to give us our money back...we had them remove the whole system and had them put in a Trane system instead...it has worked fine over the past 4 years. Stay away from Bryant is our heart felt advice!