Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: B. Mulford
Location: Florida

"Bryant 22 yrs and still running"
My home is 22 years old and still has the original unit running strong and never needed a repair call! A/c runs 10 months out of the year due to the Florida heat. Will replace this year due to building an addition on the house and to get a more efficient unit. a great product!!!

Date created: 2009-10-15 Name: Adam L

"12 SEER 3 Ton A/C unit residential"
This unit was new with the house. It was very efficient. The only maintenance was the monthly air filter and cleaning the evaporator coils with acid every 3 years. The unit is old and has finally failed after 10 years. the inside of the air handler has mixed metals that caused rust to form from the condensation and thus wear. The outside condenser was very efficient over the years. None of the motors failed and both fan motors were used heavily. The condenser unit has an energy star rating.

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: J. Pullano
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Stay away from BRYANT"
After many calls to Bryant and had their service person come to the house the air conditioning system failed. First it was a leaky valve (so they said)-next "the refrigerant just leaked out" and they had to put more in. Then, two weeks after the warranty expired they said I needed to replace the coils ($700). I live out side of Buffalo ny. I probably used the unit for a total of 49 days. I built my home new and the unit was installed new. I have had nothing but problems with this unit never again will I buy Bryant -- Very Inferior product. I lived in Texas prior to my transfer. The temp was in the 90's and higher for 8 months- I owned a Tran -- it was 3 years old and I lived there 6 years. After 9 years of running constantly I never had a problem - it always worked. I was also treated very poorly by the bryant service center. stay away fron bryant!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: T. Williams

"BRYANT Dissatisfaction"
Had 2 new units installed in a new home. Both have failed. Had to invest $1000 to milk one along for a few months and have to replace the 2nd unit. Both failed within 2 months of warranty. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!...JUNK

Date created: 2009-06-27 Name: The Rooneys

"Would make a good boat anchor!"
Nothing but problems from day one. On the very day we had our Bryant ac installed, the compressor wouldn't even come on when the installer went to start it up for the first time! He told us it was a doa unit (dead on arrival). They had to come back the next day with another one. Well, it worked for all of three weeks and then....BOOM! The compressor seized up on this unit!!! At least the installing company was good enough to give us our money back...we had them remove the whole system and had them put in a Trane system instead...it has worked fine over the past 4 years. Stay away from Bryant is our heart felt advice!

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Lance B.

"Useless!"
Noisy...freon leaks...motor burned out...less than 3 years old and we've had to have someone out 4 times for repairs or performance issues with this ac. Do not buy a Bryany ac...you will regret it.

Date created: 2009-06-06 Name: Carolyn

"LOUD!"
Just had it put in in April and very upset with how loud this thing is. If I lived near a cemetary it would almost certainly wake the dead! I've had the installing company out here 3x trying to do something about the noise...the last repairman that came out finally admitted it's just a cheaper brand with a flaw in the design and it's going to vibrate no matter what he does. He tried to tighten something on the fan base and now it's even louder! Already my neighbor has complained about the noise. Not sure what I'll do but I sure can't live with this thing! My advice is find a better quality ac than Bryant!

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Anthony Sanchez

"BUYER BEWARE"
What a huge mistake I made in having a Bryant ac installed! This has got to be the biggest piece of shit ac ever made! It was put in during the summer of 2006 and let me count here....freon leaks out every year, fan motor replaced, capacitor replaced, compressor seized up 2nd year and had to pay to have a kit installed ($250) just to get it going. Even when this pos does run (which is rare) it doesn't keep the house any cooler than 78 dgress (unless it's like 65 degress outside!). Worthless is the one word I would use to describe this ac! Never again! We are having this crap ripped out and putting in a new Goodman 14 seer this summer. In closing all I can say is bryant=buyur beware! (And I hope your pockets are deep for all the repairs you'll have to pay for!)

Date created: 2009-06-01 Name: P. Carlson
Location: Washington

"Bryant htg & cooling sys"
Every year since we bought the furnace and air conditioner, we have had problems. Mostly the air conditioner, I live in Washington state for God's sake. I dont need it that often! Every year, it will stop working. This year we had to buy a 550 dollar part for furnace. We were told when we purchased, it would save us money, ha. Right now, my airconditioning is not working. My last home we lived in for 19 years and never every had to fix the furnace.

Date created: 2009-05-28 Name: T. Carpenter

"Worthless"
We had a bryant ac put in fours years ago and have had nothing but headaches and misery from day one. This pos breaks down every season and we spend hundreds on repairs not covered by the warranty just to get it running again, and even then it doesn't keep the house cool if it's above 85 degress outside. My advice is don't throw your money away on a Bryant unit...it is nothing more than noisy, useless pos!