Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: illinois

"BRYANT A/C & Furnace"
We purchased a new house with Bryant furnace and air conditioner installed. The furnace engine seized after 2 years of use and now the a/c motor has seized. I have spent hundreds of dollars on service calls on both these units. Bryant is a joke. Our last furnace and a/c in our old house lasted 18 years without a single problem. Bryant couldn't even go 3 years. Absolute pieces of junk!

Date created: 2011-07-02 Name: F Geiger
Location: [email protected]

"Bryant is unresponsive"
4 years of living here and I still have problems. What is shocking is that Bryant does not respond to their customers when you log a concern on their website. I have had a freon leak that was diagnosed but has not been fixed. It turns out I need a new coil which Bryant will provide under warranty. However the labor to install is over $600. I have had to add freon every year and this year I am already on my need for a second dose. I would appreciate resolution or even a contact from Bryant regarding a solution!

Date created: 2011-06-05 Name: A.Leitz
Location: Shreveport, La.

"Unsatisfied--too many breakdowns"
Unit is relatively new and from the very beginning it has had breakdowns. It breaksdown about every 6 months, at least, requiring a service call. I have stayed with the original installed but now I am doubting the product, the installation, the competency of the installer. We are in 100+ heat and stay without airconditioning for several days waiting for parts, etc. I'm disgusted.

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: Dave Hazan
Location: Toronto, ON

"Never buy Bryant- NEVER!!!!"
I have a Bryant 124ANA042000. 3.5 ton 14 SEER. Under a 5 year warranty and all they will replace is a $100 valve part that caused over $800 in repair bills!!! They refuse to pay or assist with any other costs. They DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. NEVER EVER buy BRYANT anything!!!! They want me to write a snail mail letter to Syracuse to their review board. Get with the times. Have an ombudsmen and an email. They will be out of biz soon. You can't survive with antiquated customer service policies when customers have access to so much review info. PLEASE DO NOT BUY BRYANT- you'll thank me!

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: K.Johnston
Location: Springfield,ohio

"Bryant still leaking!"
This unit was to replace a system that we had to add freon every year or two.Guess what ?We still have had to add puron every year .This will be the 4th time in as many years.I do not recommend this brand of central air conditioner for anyone.

Date created: 2011-05-07 Name: Josh
Location: Decatur, AL

"Disgusted With Bryant"
I have a Bryant AC unit that has only been operating for 3 years and it broke down recently costing me $631 in repairs. One part was covered under warranty and Bryant refused to assist with any other costs. I cannot believe an ac unit operating for such short period of time would completely break down and cost such an exorbitant amount in repairs and a so called reputable company does nothing but cover such a minute portion of the expenses. I will never purchase another Bryant product and will warn others as I am doing now.

Date created: 2011-04-21 Location: Fremont,CA

"It is wonderful. When it's excruciatingly hotin the summer i turn the air on and it just cools the whole house down."
I have owned this air conditioner for about 3 years now, it hasn't let me down. It gets pretty hot in the summer in California so i always look forward to coming home and turning on the air and laying down in the cold to relax. It's wonderful, really!

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: geno
Location: livingston, tn.

"Too noisy"
So far, i haven't had any breakdown problems after 8 months. however, the unit (607c) is outside my bedroom window. it is the noisiest unit i have ever had...by far. i have to sleep with earplugs in. the thing whines and growls all night long.

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E Bridgwater
Location: Cambridge, On

"Never buy this brand again"
I purchased a "puron" AC in 2007 for $4000, it has required repairs 3 times since install ( pretty much each summer that I started using it, it didn't work) at a cost of around $300 each time. I contacted Bryant to inform them of the problems and they could not have cared less and although they said they would look into it they then required me to send them a long list of information that I eventually just gave up. I will never purchase a Bryant producr again.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Donald Jue
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Bryant is extremely unreliable"
We purchased our Bryant 3.5 ton in 2005 and have experienced 5 complete freon leaks occurring in the compressor unit. The regional Bryant representative was involved on the 4th leak. The fix was assured permanent. Now we have multiple leaks that are not repairable. We will try to obtain a new unit from Bryant since our troubles began when we first purchased the unit; however, I do not have alot of confidence that this will happen.