Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-04-21 Location: Fremont,CA

"It is wonderful. When it's excruciatingly hotin the summer i turn the air on and it just cools the whole house down."
I have owned this air conditioner for about 3 years now, it hasn't let me down. It gets pretty hot in the summer in California so i always look forward to coming home and turning on the air and laying down in the cold to relax. It's wonderful, really!

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: geno
Location: livingston, tn.

"Too noisy"
So far, i haven't had any breakdown problems after 8 months. however, the unit (607c) is outside my bedroom window. it is the noisiest unit i have ever had...by far. i have to sleep with earplugs in. the thing whines and growls all night long.

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E Bridgwater
Location: Cambridge, On

"Never buy this brand again"
I purchased a "puron" AC in 2007 for $4000, it has required repairs 3 times since install ( pretty much each summer that I started using it, it didn't work) at a cost of around $300 each time. I contacted Bryant to inform them of the problems and they could not have cared less and although they said they would look into it they then required me to send them a long list of information that I eventually just gave up. I will never purchase a Bryant producr again.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Donald Jue
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Bryant is extremely unreliable"
We purchased our Bryant 3.5 ton in 2005 and have experienced 5 complete freon leaks occurring in the compressor unit. The regional Bryant representative was involved on the 4th leak. The fix was assured permanent. Now we have multiple leaks that are not repairable. We will try to obtain a new unit from Bryant since our troubles began when we first purchased the unit; however, I do not have alot of confidence that this will happen.

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: Bob Richards

"Business Manager"
I live in Phoenix with 110+ temps in the summer and my new 2 stage Bryant system was excellent in keeping the house at a comfortable temperature all summer. I saved $250 in one season.

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: RP Schumann

"Confused!"
I have read reviews of at least 12 of the top name brand central units and have not found a one that was positive. I realize most reviews are negative, but this is beyond my comprehension. Surely there must be some good reviews out there. I have a Bryant 4 ton for 15 years with no real issues, lightning burned out a condensor, and would like to upgrade. I need a larger unit and would like to make it a 2 stage system to eliminate the high cost of propane. So what unit do I use? Now I'm at a loss.

Date created: 2010-07-30 Name: H. Clausen

"Buyer beware"
I paid over $4000 to have this chinese made junk installed and have spent over $1500 in repairs over the past 3 years having it repaired. It craps out every summer and of course the warranty does not cover the labor to fix this pos. Bryant is a cheap product and a total waste of money.

Date created: 2010-07-29 Name: Robert Mathis

2 years old and has broken down 3 times already. Leaks all the freon out and motor seized up. I have spent over $680 on "non-covered" repairs on this piece of junk. Don't waste your money on a Bryant..it is worthless.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Bill Grant

"Poor Product/Service"
Can't say anything good about the unit. Replace old unit June 28th. Worked two days and failed. Technician said it was a bad A-coil. Replaced the A-coil. Worked a few days and failed. Replaced the A- coil again. Worked 10 days and failed again. This time (Saturday morning) some valve is bad. Just call Monday morning. Of course, predicting 100+ temperatures. Either Bryant or their dealers have a major quality problem!!

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: M. Hicks

"Two speed doesn't last"
The compressor has gone out twice on our less than 5 year old system. Bryant wants the service guy to put in another compressor, which costs labor and freon. What is a 10 year warranty worth when it costs you hundreds every time you use it?