Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: RP Schumann

"Confused!"
I have read reviews of at least 12 of the top name brand central units and have not found a one that was positive. I realize most reviews are negative, but this is beyond my comprehension. Surely there must be some good reviews out there. I have a Bryant 4 ton for 15 years with no real issues, lightning burned out a condensor, and would like to upgrade. I need a larger unit and would like to make it a 2 stage system to eliminate the high cost of propane. So what unit do I use? Now I'm at a loss.

Date created: 2010-07-30 Name: H. Clausen

"Buyer beware"
I paid over $4000 to have this chinese made junk installed and have spent over $1500 in repairs over the past 3 years having it repaired. It craps out every summer and of course the warranty does not cover the labor to fix this pos. Bryant is a cheap product and a total waste of money.

Date created: 2010-07-29 Name: Robert Mathis

2 years old and has broken down 3 times already. Leaks all the freon out and motor seized up. I have spent over $680 on "non-covered" repairs on this piece of junk. Don't waste your money on a Bryant..it is worthless.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Bill Grant

"Poor Product/Service"
Can't say anything good about the unit. Replace old unit June 28th. Worked two days and failed. Technician said it was a bad A-coil. Replaced the A-coil. Worked a few days and failed. Replaced the A- coil again. Worked 10 days and failed again. This time (Saturday morning) some valve is bad. Just call Monday morning. Of course, predicting 100+ temperatures. Either Bryant or their dealers have a major quality problem!!

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: M. Hicks

"Two speed doesn't last"
The compressor has gone out twice on our less than 5 year old system. Bryant wants the service guy to put in another compressor, which costs labor and freon. What is a 10 year warranty worth when it costs you hundreds every time you use it?

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: L. Delgado

"Awesome AC"
Bought the Evolution 20 Series in 2008. The two speed compressor makes it very energy efficient. The variable speed air handler keeps the temp cool without the ups and downs in temp. For those of us in hot climates, you'll love the humidity control -- you can take it down as much as you like and make the house feel like the "dry freezer" cold. Definitely recommend it.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Michael M.

"BDP 561cj042"
Purchased the product 4/1996 and it has been a champ for this many years. Replaced the dual run cap and installed a 5-2-1 compressor saver. Works like a champ it is only a 10 seer which uses 4444 kw an hour, when it dies will address it when I cross this bridge. 5-2-1 compressor savers are easy to install, the guy wanted $300 to install it, I said remove it and purchased online for $45. It was very easy to install.... not sure if they work for r-410a.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: David Greene

"Don't Buy a Bryant"
We bought our home 5 years ago and it came with a Bryant 5 ton ac unit and furnace. We have had to have the furnace repaired twice already and today we find out on a 93 degree day that the compressor is shot. Would cost $2,600 to fix and the repair man said it wouldn't be worth it. We are now having to replace the system with a Lennox at $4,666. Nice. I hate Bryant ac. Oh and the kicker is that our warranty was up only 2 months ago. Urrrrrrrrrrr.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Danny Goldsmith
Location: MA

"My New Air Conditioner"
My new 2 ton Bryant Preffered Series a/c was put in June 2010. I had to say goodbye to my 30 year old York/Borg Warner unit that died. Living in MA., we don't use these appliances all the time. I have read the reviews and I laugh. There are only 3 or 4 manufacturers making a/c compressors. The most important things for me are, Scroll Motors, Seer and Decibal Ratings and who is installing it! In addition to this new a/c, I had put in a new A/C Heating system 2 years ago for the first floor. I have 2 heating systems and 2 a/c systems. The one two years ago, I had put in a Carrier Infinity System. It has a Seer of 21. My electric bill has gone down. I think some of these reviews are bogus. I would recommend a Bryant a/c to anyone as well as a Carrier. My dealer and a few other people have told me that Trane units have been delivered damaged. Lennox requires a different schooling and tools to install and work on. Goodmans has finally caught on to using scroll motors. Is one brand really better than another?

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: M.J. Smith
Location: Brandon, FL

"Bryant has been repair prone"
Rather than install the builder grade, I upgraded my air conditioning/furnace unit when I built my home in Brandon, FL in 2000. My 12 seer air conditioning failed 1 day after the 1 year warranty period and required several hundred dollars in repairs. The local HVAC company worked with Bryant and they agree to furnish parts (including a failed condensor coil) since I was so close to the warranty, but I still paid several hundred dollars in labor. 6 mos. later, the unit failed again, leaking freon and several parts failures. I purchased a home warranty to cover this unit since it had now cost me almost $1,000.00 in repairs and was less than 2 years old. For the past 9 years, I've been afraid that my home warranty company would drop me due to the number of calls on this unit. It has practically been rebuilt down to the thermostat. I've had to put up with many periods, sometimes several days of no air conditioning while parts were ordered or when my warranty company has assigned me to a repair company with limited hours or days of service. (It really likes to break down the day before a holiday weekend too.) I wouldn't buy Bryant (or Carrier their twin) again given the experience I've had with this unit. I've made sure to get twice yearly maintenance to keep my home warranty in effect and have now been told that the unit is shot and on it's last legs. Going back through my records, I'd had 8 different local HVAC companies work on the unit and none have ever indicated any problems with the installation so it seems that it must be the equipment. I'm researching replacements now but have seen nothing to make me consider another Bryant or Carrier.