Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-08-21 Name: R Kuchar
Location: Phoenix AZ

"Great AC"
I have 2 Bryant AC units approximately 10 years old. Never had a problem.

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: John
Location: Camby IN

"P of S"
After 6 years just this summer, I had to recharge with freon 2 times. I did not expect to happened like this. The evaporator coil is gone. Bad product. Never again to buy this p of s type of appliance.

Date created: 2013-06-24 Name: Andy
Location: MN

"Broke Within 2 Years"
Bryant system came with my new house. Less than 2 years later, the evaporator coil developed a leak and all of the refrigerant leaked out. Part is under warranty, but diagnosis, labor, and new refrigerant is all out of my pocket. A 2 year old system costing me over $1000 is absolutely ridiculous. Customer service is no help. I will NEVER buy a Bryant product again. Absolutely horrible experience. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2013-06-06 Name: B.Gerardot
Location: Indiana

"Excellent Units"
My Bryant AC unit is 19 years old. Yes, 19 years old. I have a system check-up done each year and have never had any problems with this unit. I know that I will need to replace it because I'm sure it is no longer energy efficient. I will be replacing it with a Brand new Bryant unit.

Date created: 2013-05-27 Name: D Fluegel
Location: Indiana

"Don't buy Bryant!"
I've had two Bryants with two new houses (because that's what the new construction came with), and both A/C units crapped out. The 'made-in- Mexico' evaporator coil leaked after 6 years, of course after the 5 year warranty expired. That's a $2000 repair with the R22 freon. My 1st Bryant dumped after 2 years. What a bunch of junk! I'll never ever own another Bryant, they're cheap cheap cheap. Buy something else other than Bryant.

Date created: 2013-05-14 Name: R Johnson
Location: Des Moines, IA

"Great Air Conditioner"
Had this air conditioner for over 8 years and have never had a problem. I couldn't ask for more.

Date created: 2013-05-03 Name: alan

"Bryant is Junk"
Put a new unit three years ago, first year unit didn't work. Had too many service calls to count. They got it working at the end of the season. Next year the a/c didn't work, they had to replace the outside unit. Here it is the third year, it is not working at this TIME. Paid 4K three years later still having problems. I'm replacing with a Carrier, tired of all the problems, will never buy a Bryant AGAIN. Doesn't seem right that someone can take 4K of your money and all you get is screwed.

Date created: 2013-03-26 Name: Katherine Graham
Location: Tallahassee, Fl

"Hearing the Bad in Products"
Most people only write a review if something is bad or doesn't work properly (please remember that when reading reviews, you should get to know your installer, getting too many estimates isn't always good. If you have used someone for a long while be loyal it always works out better for you in the long run. People that are satisfied usually don't take the time to write a good review they go about life happy. I myself have a Bryant and a wonderful Heating and Air contractor, my Bryant is 5 years old with no issues at all. I have it tuned up twice a year!

Date created: 2013-02-15 Name: Tom Thornburg
Location: Mount Ida, Ar.

"Never again"
I had a new fv4bnf003 Heat Pump top of the line installed March 2004.Since then I have had 4 compressors failed, and now the inside evaporator cooling coil has a leak. The unit I replaced when I bought the house was a Lenox that was almost 25 years old and still working fine. This Bryant has broken down every year except for the last 2 years. Now the inside unit is bad...$2000 to replace the cooling coil.

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: Michael Terry
Location: Carmel, IN

"Would not buy Bryant again"
System installed in custom built new construction. After two years of use (maybe 4 months each year), experienced a coolant leak in the condenser. Parts covered by warranty, but labor was $1,600. Was told it was very unusual. Two days later saw the vendor's truck at a neighbor's one year old house. Same problem. I will never buy another Bryant product nor will I use the local distributor again.