Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-05-15 Name: S.Dorris
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

"NEVER EVER AGAIN! I will buy a lenox!!"
We bought our house in 2007, First owners and in 2008 we had our ac installed. We were pushed to buy the Bryant unit over some of the other units. At the time I was pregnant and need an ac asap. Every year since it was installed we have had issues. Leaks from the coil, (recharged), complete freezing of the coil which is another leak. In all those years the company that installed it never once told us it was a bad coil. Now this year, they tell us it is a bad coil and needs replaced the coil is covered but the labor is not. I have called the manufacture and they could care less. Their products are junk and only last long enough to get past warranty. The companies installing push for them because they know they are going to make big money on all the service calls. From reading just the first 3 pages of reviews I personally think this is a class action law suit here! They are selling junk and do not care. I am calling the bbb. If there are this many issues with their product then there should be recalls. Good Luck to everyone! If you are reading this be Warned and pay the extra money to get a better product!!!! Bryant cooling and heating knows they have faulty products and it is ridiculous!

Date created: 2012-05-04 Name: John
Location: Columbus, OH

"Evaporator coil leaking on 2 year old ac $$$$"
We built a new house in late 2009 and they installed a Bryant 113a model ac unit. Here it is spring of 2012, the third season it would have been run and the evaporator coil has a leak. Looks like labor and freon is going to be about $900. Thanks Bryant for making a piece of junk. Wish I had my 20 year old unit from our old house back.

Date created: 2012-04-01 Name: Jeff M.
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Evaporator coils"
This unit was installed when we built our house (Feb. 2010). The furnace has worked fine but the ac failed after 2 years. There is a leak in the evaporator coil. After talking to multiple Bryant dealers, we had quotes from $450 to $1200 to replace the coil even though the coil is still under warranty. The $450 seems reasonable for coolant and labor. The $1200 is way excessive. Some of the dealers said they have stopped selling Bryant because they had to replace the coils in half of the units. Two differernt dealers also told us that Bryant has redesigned the coil in 2010 (after our unit was manufactured and installed) and the new ones are much better. We still haven't called Bryant yet but we will do that this week.

Date created: 2012-02-08 Name: JA Dooley
Location: Westville, IN

"Great Unit, Great Contractor"
We had this unit installed by All Temp Heating and Air Conditioning. The unit is great and the contractor was even better. The contractor seemed extremely familiar with the unit and the pros and cons. The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is 13. The unit is very quiet, the house remains cool, and my energy bills have dropped.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: A. Tripp
Location: Kissimmee FL

"Inside fan coil"
After being installed in Sep of 09, it was diagnosed as needing to be replaced again this Oct. Called Bryant, went thru 3 people being told basically it isn't their problem. Expect this coil to last long enough to get out of warranty. This issue is ongoing.

Date created: 2011-12-01 Name: Flfam
Location: Deland Florida

"Good for 11 Years"
We have owned our unit now for 11 years and only had it cleaned (regular maintenance) two times. If we did regular maintance who know maybe it would still be working great. Now it has a leak in the heat pump coil and was really dirty. Our fault. We are looking at replacing the outside and inside unit now with a Bryant because ours did so well, and yes we will do regular maintenance this time. Oh, the outside unit is still in pretty good condition according to the tech. So Bryant has done well for us.

Date created: 2011-11-25 Location: Orlando, Florida

"Excellent AC unit. Go with Bryant!"
Since I got my Central AC unit 3 years ago my electric bill has been lower even with the recent inflation. This AC unit specialized in maximizing cost efficiency through several way, one being it's on off system. This unit will keep you cool but not run round the clock even in the hottest of summer days down here in Florida. I have not ever needed it repaired and I can't even think of one negative. I highly recommend this product.

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Kenneth Rooks
Location: Columbia, TN

"Vibration Causing Wear and Shut Down"
This seems to be a very poorly designed unit. Poor placement of components. Vibration of wire against metal cabinet edge wore hole in insulation causing unit to short out. A year later vibration of two copper tubes against each other wore a hole in on which let the coolant leak out. Two times now, I have paid to have this unit repaired because of a poorly engineered product. I will not ever buy a Bryant unit again.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: J. Roca
Location: Tarpon Springs, Fl

"Needs a New Hard start Kit?"
It's 1 month not 1 year and already it needs this Hard Start Kit and my other new unit from last year also needs this? Both are Bryant model# 285bna036a. 1 went out and then 15 minutes later the other went out, both condensers. Bought 2 units 2 condensers totaling $12,000.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Glen B.
Location: West Texas

"Good contractor, poor product"
I am a small contractor, don't usually install ac units. The contractor I use handles Bryant so thought this is good product. Wrong-- had noise in the heating unit. In Texas don't use it that much. Fan switching unit probably bad from beginning. Part warrantied, but no labor. Puron has leaked out twice, no warranty, a coil now bad, no help from manufacturer. In four years have spent 1/3 cost of unit in repair. Will replace when I can afford it. (Old unit was 25yrs. old w/one service call)