Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: Michael Terry
Location: Carmel, IN

"Would not buy Bryant again"
System installed in custom built new construction. After two years of use (maybe 4 months each year), experienced a coolant leak in the condenser. Parts covered by warranty, but labor was $1,600. Was told it was very unusual. Two days later saw the vendor's truck at a neighbor's one year old house. Same problem. I will never buy another Bryant product nor will I use the local distributor again.

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: Ron Hopkins
Location: Canton, MI

"Puron-Bryant"
Bought ac in June of 2004. Had to put new motor in it last June 2011 and it died on us again a few days ago July 2012, waiting for a serviceman at this moment. Would never buy another Bryant.

Date created: 2012-07-08 Name: jim g
Location: fl.

"Poor quality"
The coil is leaking after 6 years and costly repair or total replacement is needed. Total junk of an A.C.

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: LAWRENCE DIETRICH
Location: KENDALLVILLE INDIANA

"HOME A/C SYSTEMS"
My home a/c system required a charge after six years of use (only 4 months a year actual use), had no remaining charge in system this spring, service representative says coil is leaking in 2 places. 7 year old system needs $1450 in repair after $500 diagnostic. Bryant says sorry warranty is out, you do the math. I will have spent over $2000 in service/repair in only 7 years, not what I would call a quality system. I know all companies can and do have issues, standing behind what you sell makes the difference.

Date created: 2012-06-28 Name: smith
Location: lascc821@sbcglobal.net

"Bad Evaporator Coil"
I had my new Bryant model 550an038-f A/C and furnace installed in October '05 for $5,000. This is June 2012. I had 6 summers use out of it and now the a coil is leaking. The warranty is for 5 years. It's funny how the products last just past the warranty. The a coil was made in Mexico. I would not purchase this product again.

Date created: 2012-06-02 Name: R. Jarnagin
Location: Palm Coast, FL

"Been Great for 11 Years"
Came with the house that I had built in 2001 and still going strong. I work from home and I keep it set at 73 degrees, so it has been worked hard in this Florida heat. I do have good insulation in this house, which is important for obvious reasons. My home is 2012 sqft of air conditioned living area and my electric bill runs between $100 and $190 depending on the time of year and weather conditions. It is usually between $120 and $160. I have several lights on all the time, 55" lcd hdtv, 32" lcd hdtv, two DVRs, three computers, Sony Playstation, Xbox, electric water heater, frig/freezer, etc., etc. so the ac must be doing pretty good to keep it at 73 degrees and my electric bill be no higher than it is. fpl helps too. They have some of the lowest electricity rates around. I know because they remind me of it in their emails about every other day. I had a Bryant central air unit in an apartment I rented in Gainesville back in the late 1990's and it looked like it must have been at least 10 to 15 years-old. Never gave me a problem the two years I lived there and I ran it all the time. Based on my experience with Bryant, I recommended them to my sister who has had hers for a couple of years now and is very pleased with it.

Date created: 2012-06-01 Name: Dan Lalasz
Location: Tampa, Florida

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE"
I have an older unit that I service myself. No way will Bryant give any part # info or other diag info. This alone is bad enough but to add their sarcastic and indifferent attitude and its really bad. When I called Grainger for help finding the right capacitor, they acknowledged Bryant is "like that". Bryant actually told me I'd have to call a dealer, but they probably wouldn't tell me either unless they installed it. Thats fine Bryant - wait until it needs to be replaced. It won't be your brand.

Date created: 2012-05-15 Name: S.Dorris
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

"NEVER EVER AGAIN! I will buy a lenox!!"
We bought our house in 2007, First owners and in 2008 we had our ac installed. We were pushed to buy the Bryant unit over some of the other units. At the time I was pregnant and need an ac asap. Every year since it was installed we have had issues. Leaks from the coil, (recharged), complete freezing of the coil which is another leak. In all those years the company that installed it never once told us it was a bad coil. Now this year, they tell us it is a bad coil and needs replaced the coil is covered but the labor is not. I have called the manufacture and they could care less. Their products are junk and only last long enough to get past warranty. The companies installing push for them because they know they are going to make big money on all the service calls. From reading just the first 3 pages of reviews I personally think this is a class action law suit here! They are selling junk and do not care. I am calling the bbb. If there are this many issues with their product then there should be recalls. Good Luck to everyone! If you are reading this be Warned and pay the extra money to get a better product!!!! Bryant cooling and heating knows they have faulty products and it is ridiculous!

Date created: 2012-05-04 Name: John
Location: Columbus, OH

"Evaporator coil leaking on 2 year old ac $$$$"
We built a new house in late 2009 and they installed a Bryant 113a model ac unit. Here it is spring of 2012, the third season it would have been run and the evaporator coil has a leak. Looks like labor and freon is going to be about $900. Thanks Bryant for making a piece of junk. Wish I had my 20 year old unit from our old house back.

Date created: 2012-04-01 Name: Jeff M.
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Evaporator coils"
This unit was installed when we built our house (Feb. 2010). The furnace has worked fine but the ac failed after 2 years. There is a leak in the evaporator coil. After talking to multiple Bryant dealers, we had quotes from $450 to $1200 to replace the coil even though the coil is still under warranty. The $450 seems reasonable for coolant and labor. The $1200 is way excessive. Some of the dealers said they have stopped selling Bryant because they had to replace the coils in half of the units. Two differernt dealers also told us that Bryant has redesigned the coil in 2010 (after our unit was manufactured and installed) and the new ones are much better. We still haven't called Bryant yet but we will do that this week.