Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-12-01 Name: Flfam
Location: Deland Florida

"Good for 11 Years"
We have owned our unit now for 11 years and only had it cleaned (regular maintenance) two times. If we did regular maintance who know maybe it would still be working great. Now it has a leak in the heat pump coil and was really dirty. Our fault. We are looking at replacing the outside and inside unit now with a Bryant because ours did so well, and yes we will do regular maintenance this time. Oh, the outside unit is still in pretty good condition according to the tech. So Bryant has done well for us.

Date created: 2011-11-25 Location: Orlando, Florida

"Excellent AC unit. Go with Bryant!"
Since I got my Central AC unit 3 years ago my electric bill has been lower even with the recent inflation. This AC unit specialized in maximizing cost efficiency through several way, one being it's on off system. This unit will keep you cool but not run round the clock even in the hottest of summer days down here in Florida. I have not ever needed it repaired and I can't even think of one negative. I highly recommend this product.

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Kenneth Rooks
Location: Columbia, TN

"Vibration Causing Wear and Shut Down"
This seems to be a very poorly designed unit. Poor placement of components. Vibration of wire against metal cabinet edge wore hole in insulation causing unit to short out. A year later vibration of two copper tubes against each other wore a hole in on which let the coolant leak out. Two times now, I have paid to have this unit repaired because of a poorly engineered product. I will not ever buy a Bryant unit again.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: J. Roca
Location: Tarpon Springs, Fl

"Needs a New Hard start Kit?"
It's 1 month not 1 year and already it needs this Hard Start Kit and my other new unit from last year also needs this? Both are Bryant model# 285bna036a. 1 went out and then 15 minutes later the other went out, both condensers. Bought 2 units 2 condensers totaling $12,000.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Glen B.
Location: West Texas

"Good contractor, poor product"
I am a small contractor, don't usually install ac units. The contractor I use handles Bryant so thought this is good product. Wrong-- had noise in the heating unit. In Texas don't use it that much. Fan switching unit probably bad from beginning. Part warrantied, but no labor. Puron has leaked out twice, no warranty, a coil now bad, no help from manufacturer. In four years have spent 1/3 cost of unit in repair. Will replace when I can afford it. (Old unit was 25yrs. old w/one service call)

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: Frank
Location: Toronto

"Bryant.... NEVER AGAIN"
I had a 3.5 Ton Puron unit (13 Seer) from Bryant for the better part of 4 years. This unit was perhaps the noisiest unit on my block. I could hear it kick in from the end of the street. Imagine the vibration in the room adjacent to the a/c unit outside! We had a power surge the other day. The compressor went out. The installer wouldn't honor the parts warranty and I had to call Bryant customer service. Sure the compressor was warrantied...but when all was said and done the "repair" would cost me close to $1700.00. I shopped around.....Installing a Goodman with more accessible parts and significantly lower noise rating....my installer who happens to be a client of mine brought me to a home nearby that he installed the same Goodman in .... It was whisper quiet when compared to my Bryant "tank". Bryant....NEVER AGAIN. Stay away.

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: illinois

"BRYANT A/C & Furnace"
We purchased a new house with Bryant furnace and air conditioner installed. The furnace engine seized after 2 years of use and now the a/c motor has seized. I have spent hundreds of dollars on service calls on both these units. Bryant is a joke. Our last furnace and a/c in our old house lasted 18 years without a single problem. Bryant couldn't even go 3 years. Absolute pieces of junk!

Date created: 2011-07-02 Name: F Geiger
Location: francygeiger@yahoo.com

"Bryant is unresponsive"
4 years of living here and I still have problems. What is shocking is that Bryant does not respond to their customers when you log a concern on their website. I have had a freon leak that was diagnosed but has not been fixed. It turns out I need a new coil which Bryant will provide under warranty. However the labor to install is over $600. I have had to add freon every year and this year I am already on my need for a second dose. I would appreciate resolution or even a contact from Bryant regarding a solution!

Date created: 2011-06-05 Name: A.Leitz
Location: Shreveport, La.

"Unsatisfied--too many breakdowns"
Unit is relatively new and from the very beginning it has had breakdowns. It breaksdown about every 6 months, at least, requiring a service call. I have stayed with the original installed but now I am doubting the product, the installation, the competency of the installer. We are in 100+ heat and stay without airconditioning for several days waiting for parts, etc. I'm disgusted.

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: Dave Hazan
Location: Toronto, ON

"Never buy Bryant- NEVER!!!!"
I have a Bryant 124ANA042000. 3.5 ton 14 SEER. Under a 5 year warranty and all they will replace is a $100 valve part that caused over $800 in repair bills!!! They refuse to pay or assist with any other costs. They DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. NEVER EVER buy BRYANT anything!!!! They want me to write a snail mail letter to Syracuse to their review board. Get with the times. Have an ombudsmen and an email. They will be out of biz soon. You can't survive with antiquated customer service policies when customers have access to so much review info. PLEASE DO NOT BUY BRYANT- you'll thank me!