Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-05-03 Name: alan

"Bryant is Junk"
Put a new unit three years ago, first year unit didn't work. Had too many service calls to count. They got it working at the end of the season. Next year the a/c didn't work, they had to replace the outside unit. Here it is the third year, it is not working at this TIME. Paid 4K three years later still having problems. I'm replacing with a Carrier, tired of all the problems, will never buy a Bryant AGAIN. Doesn't seem right that someone can take 4K of your money and all you get is screwed.

Date created: 2013-03-26 Name: Katherine Graham
Location: Tallahassee, Fl

"Hearing the Bad in Products"
Most people only write a review if something is bad or doesn't work properly (please remember that when reading reviews, you should get to know your installer, getting too many estimates isn't always good. If you have used someone for a long while be loyal it always works out better for you in the long run. People that are satisfied usually don't take the time to write a good review they go about life happy. I myself have a Bryant and a wonderful Heating and Air contractor, my Bryant is 5 years old with no issues at all. I have it tuned up twice a year!

Date created: 2013-02-15 Name: Tom Thornburg
Location: Mount Ida, Ar.

"Never again"
I had a new fv4bnf003 Heat Pump top of the line installed March 2004.Since then I have had 4 compressors failed, and now the inside evaporator cooling coil has a leak. The unit I replaced when I bought the house was a Lenox that was almost 25 years old and still working fine. This Bryant has broken down every year except for the last 2 years. Now the inside unit is bad...$2000 to replace the cooling coil.

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: Michael Terry
Location: Carmel, IN

"Would not buy Bryant again"
System installed in custom built new construction. After two years of use (maybe 4 months each year), experienced a coolant leak in the condenser. Parts covered by warranty, but labor was $1,600. Was told it was very unusual. Two days later saw the vendor's truck at a neighbor's one year old house. Same problem. I will never buy another Bryant product nor will I use the local distributor again.

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: Ron Hopkins
Location: Canton, MI

"Puron-Bryant"
Bought ac in June of 2004. Had to put new motor in it last June 2011 and it died on us again a few days ago July 2012, waiting for a serviceman at this moment. Would never buy another Bryant.

Date created: 2012-07-08 Name: jim g
Location: fl.

"Poor quality"
The coil is leaking after 6 years and costly repair or total replacement is needed. Total junk of an A.C.

Date created: 2012-06-29 Name: LAWRENCE DIETRICH
Location: KENDALLVILLE INDIANA

"HOME A/C SYSTEMS"
My home a/c system required a charge after six years of use (only 4 months a year actual use), had no remaining charge in system this spring, service representative says coil is leaking in 2 places. 7 year old system needs $1450 in repair after $500 diagnostic. Bryant says sorry warranty is out, you do the math. I will have spent over $2000 in service/repair in only 7 years, not what I would call a quality system. I know all companies can and do have issues, standing behind what you sell makes the difference.

Date created: 2012-06-28 Name: smith
Location: lascc821@sbcglobal.net

"Bad Evaporator Coil"
I had my new Bryant model 550an038-f A/C and furnace installed in October '05 for $5,000. This is June 2012. I had 6 summers use out of it and now the a coil is leaking. The warranty is for 5 years. It's funny how the products last just past the warranty. The a coil was made in Mexico. I would not purchase this product again.

Date created: 2012-06-02 Name: R. Jarnagin
Location: Palm Coast, FL

"Been Great for 11 Years"
Came with the house that I had built in 2001 and still going strong. I work from home and I keep it set at 73 degrees, so it has been worked hard in this Florida heat. I do have good insulation in this house, which is important for obvious reasons. My home is 2012 sqft of air conditioned living area and my electric bill runs between $100 and $190 depending on the time of year and weather conditions. It is usually between $120 and $160. I have several lights on all the time, 55" lcd hdtv, 32" lcd hdtv, two DVRs, three computers, Sony Playstation, Xbox, electric water heater, frig/freezer, etc., etc. so the ac must be doing pretty good to keep it at 73 degrees and my electric bill be no higher than it is. fpl helps too. They have some of the lowest electricity rates around. I know because they remind me of it in their emails about every other day. I had a Bryant central air unit in an apartment I rented in Gainesville back in the late 1990's and it looked like it must have been at least 10 to 15 years-old. Never gave me a problem the two years I lived there and I ran it all the time. Based on my experience with Bryant, I recommended them to my sister who has had hers for a couple of years now and is very pleased with it.

Date created: 2012-06-01 Name: Dan Lalasz
Location: Tampa, Florida

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE"
I have an older unit that I service myself. No way will Bryant give any part # info or other diag info. This alone is bad enough but to add their sarcastic and indifferent attitude and its really bad. When I called Grainger for help finding the right capacitor, they acknowledged Bryant is "like that". Bryant actually told me I'd have to call a dealer, but they probably wouldn't tell me either unless they installed it. Thats fine Bryant - wait until it needs to be replaced. It won't be your brand.