Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-07-04 Name: T. Samuels
Location: Fresno, CA

"Lasted only until not under warranty"
We paid $3400 for our unit in August of 2008. It basically started having trouble one day after the warranty ran out. We have had repairs at least two to three times a year after that. It is not working now, so we are just going to replace it. We will never buy Bryant again. It is hard to believe this company has a good reputation. They have not stood behind their name. Our neighbor bought one the same summer that we did. He has had the exact same experience.

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: Jane Smith
Location: Plantation, FL

"Garbage A/C"
A/C was installed in June 2012. It is now October 2014. Had problems with two coils, the capacitor and fan motor. It cost $1000 for labor. Bryant sells junk, that is why installation is not covered. Any company that sells Bryant's product is as guilty as Bryant. I wish I'd read reviews. But when your air is out in July in South Florida, you're desperate, so I went with a reliable company (I thought). Air around the clock. ATC only answers, "we don't make the parts", but bad parts reflect on you. Shame both on Bryant and ATC.

Date created: 2014-08-21 Name: Lyle
Location: St George, UT

"Evaporator Coil Failure after 7 years"
One would think that a relatively expensive 5 on unit 7 years old that only runs for about 6 months a year would have a longer life span. Serviced regularly this unit has developed a leak and we have been advised that the replacement including labor will be over $1200 by a certified Bryant dealer. Have sent a message to Bryant but from what I have been reading their customer service and history for standing behind their product is less then admirable. Only time will tell

Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: doug hansen
Location: north haven, ct

"Evaporator coil failed in 6 years"
I would think that an evap coil should be designed to last and when it does not they should provide assistance vs forcing customers to spend 2500 to replace it....not a good investment if I have to spend that every 6 years

Date created: 2014-07-01 Name: cathy D
Location: Southold NY

"Water Water Everywhere and Mold!!"
Hardy Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning Aka Petro Aka star gas!? - Stripped screw on air handler door during $89.95 spring tune-up now they stated -I need a new air handler.. Installed a "bryant fv4 Preferred" Variable speed air handler and duct work destroying my home! Excessive sweating, water running onto living room sofa, between walls under oak flooring, onto sheetrock ceilings, registers falling through ceilings, mold!!!! - never repaired! After no response from Hardy/Petro/Star Gas- Needed to call in another company over a month later in an attempt to repair . Air Handler and ductwork still sweating - Called bryant Customer Care 3x (which they don't care) Requesting a Tech come to my home. I was told I would receive a return call, and never did! Stay away from BRYANT-they just don't care!

Date created: 2014-06-17 Name: frank levine
Location: pennsylvania

"Lousy product they don't stand behind"
Purchased a brand new unit 7 years ago..............a/c compressor just went and it will cost be another $1000 because it's out of warranty.....spoke to customer service who told me they can't do a thing because my warranty is up....no goodwill, no discount, nothing. Do yourself a favor and buy a trane! Stay away from Bryant

Date created: 2014-06-02 Name: Rick Mugn
Location: Apex, NC

"Buyer Beware"
Purchased a full A/C and furnace system on 1/30/2013 and it had an issue just over a year later on 5/31/2014 with the thermal coupling valve. The repair set me back $450. I called Bryant and their attitude was "oh well". I will never buy their product and warn all who do.

Date created: 2014-05-31 Name: Charles Rodgers
Location: Castle Rock, CO

"Bad coil in a new unit costing us $1,200!!!"
We purchased a Bryant ac model 113 in the spring of 2013, and were told by the Bryant dealer this was a top of the line system made by Carrier. Well, less then 3 months later (Around mid July) the unit stopped cooling our home. We called the Bryant dealer that installed the unit, and the tech told us the unit was low on freon and said it hadn't been properly adjusted when it was initially installed, and that's why it stopped cooling. I thought this odd since it had been cooling up to that point, but nonetheless accepted his explanation and his assurance that this would solve the issue. Well, about 2 months later it once again stopped cooling. This time (same company, different tech) informs us it is low on freon (again) but tells us it's because a charging valve wasn't tightened. Of course I was skeptical, but I foolishly accepted his explanation, figuring he's the expert and I'm not. Worked ok the rest of the summer (actually only a few weeks or so) and then the weather cooled down and we didn't use it again until late spring of this year (about 3 weeks ago). And once again......it stopped cooling. This time we insisted that we wanted a senior tech or manager to come out and check it. They sent their service manager, who found that all the freon had leaked out! I'll give him credit for doing a thorough inspection, but we were not very happy with the outcome. We were informed that the coil inside the house was leaking and needed to be replaced. Though the coil itself was under warranty, neither Bryant nor the Bryant dealer would cover the cost of the labor to replace it, nor the cost of the freon that had completely leaked out! They informed us we would have to pay over $1,200 to cover the cost of the labor and freon. We contacted the owner of the company and all he said was that we should have purchased an extended labor warranty! What? We paid $4,000 for a unit your company stated was top of the line. And you sold us a lemon! Yet you won't stand behind it? Needless to say we are not happy at all! We contacted the Bryant (actually Carrier) corporate office and pretty much got the same response. So neither the dealer nor the manufacturer will stand behind a product that was obviously defective from day one! We have filed a complaint with the local bbb, and after reading about other consumers who have experienced similar problems, are considering starting a class action lawsuit against Bryant to recoup our losses. I suggest googling "Bryant ac coil leaks" before you purchase their system. You will see exactly what I am referring to. Save your self your hard earned $$$ and find something more reliable, and make sure you get a written guarantee that will protect your wallet from a situation such as the one we are experiencing.

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: S Olmsted
Location: Rochester in

"Worst unit ever"
We have had our unit for 13 years. It looks like the A coil has developed a leak and sounds like we are going to need a new one. My wife called Bryant customer service the first person the second one just Ruud. Looks like we will buy a new unit promise it won't be a Bryant.

Date created: 2013-11-29 Name: Jay
Location: Naperville, IL

"Only Lasted 10 Years"
Moved into a 10 year old home in 1993. The builders model AC was in the house when we moved in and lasted until 2001 or 18 years. The furnace was still working without any problems but we decided to change the furnace with an energy efficient furnace along with the AC. Installed a new Bryant Quantum Plus AC and the Plus 90I furnace. My AC compressor went out 1 month after the 10 year warranty expired in 2011. The AC and furnace had annual check ups and tune ups. Don't know the life expectancy of an AC but was disappointed it only lasted 10 years when the builders model lasted for 18 years.