Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-06-20 Name: Dan
Location: Colorado

"Bad"
House purchased from ****** ***** 2 years ago. Turned the AC unit on at the beginning of June and found no cool air blowing. Had it diagnosed and the compressor failed. Part is under warranty but still going to cost $1000 for repair. Shame on ****** ***** and **** ******* Heating and Air. Customer service sucks from both companies.

Date created: 2016-06-09 Name: Tom
Location: Chicago, IL

"Big $$$$$ to get a defective Bryant product replaced"
Bryant A coil was installed with a new AC unit two years ago. The unit actually stopped working a little over a year after it was installed. Bryant A coil was defective and leaked out all the Puron, causing the AC to stop working. Bryant warranty covered the replacement A coil, but not the outrageous almost $800 repair cost. Service company found the problem and indicated that they don't use this coil anymore because of the numerous leaks they came across several years ago. Over 50, according to the technician. Yet Bryant claims that this is a good coil unit. So much for Bryant's manufacturer warranty. Warranting bad products is really not much of a warranty. Strongly recommend that you look at their competition.

Date created: 2016-05-27 Name: Bonnie Forsythe
Location: Annapolis, MD

"Bryant AC on its 28th year"
I was surprised to see so many negative reviews on Bryant AC's. This will be the 28th year for ours. We know it has to die sometime soon, so we started looking for new ones. Don't think we will buy another Bryant. Up to now we have not put one penny into it. It works great Guess they just don't make them like they used to.

Date created: 2016-04-17 Name: Barry
Location: Michigan

Had this unit installed 5 years ago. The place that installed it fixed leaks in the lines they installed. There were several, then they said the leaks were inside the unit and they couldn't fix them. They added a sealant. I mentioned that I didn't trust it but was told it was fine. The next year the compressor froze up. They replaced it, now the new one is leaking a year later. What junk. I wish I had stayed with window A/C. I hate the basement being 10 degrees cooler than upstairs in a ranch style home and the cost to run it is ridiculous, much more expensive than window A/C and not much better even when it works good. If you have money to burn, I recommend Bryant central A/C.

Date created: 2015-10-05 Name: Seth
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Hard starting, noisy, and a real maintenance whore!"
What a piece of junk! The repairman (me) was out every other month. The unit rattled so much I finally put bricks on top of it to keep it from rattling. It was expensive to run, and impossible to keep running for more than 90 days at a time. Finally, mother nature took pity, and a hail storm damaged the unit enough to get it deemed a total loss by the insurance company. It started hard & loud, dimming all the lights, including the neighbor's lights and the street lights. The installation sucks, as do most of the installations in the neighborhood, with houses that have additions with flat roofs and no room for properly sized duct work. It worked when it wanted to, but it was far from a quality unit. Reliability was awful, as was efficiency, and the noise level was horrid. Usually Bryant units are okay, but okay is as far as I will go for rating them. Yeah, they are good & easy enough to fix, most of the time, but they are very far from being really good, let alone a great quality unit. Somewhere between mediocre good to absolute cr*p would be a good description. The old ones will soldier on, and parts are pretty readily available, but they are kind of generic, nothing special, and some of the Bryant stuff is just terrible. I would not highly recommend a Bryant anything - circuit breakers, furnaces, AC units, heat pumps. I would not say, "avoid them like plague" either, but there are definitely better choices.

Date created: 2015-09-27 Name: paul korman
Location: Rockville Maryland

"My Evolution"
Do not buy a MyEvolution remote control thermostat. The product constantly loses connectivity to the server. It is not a home network problem. The unit shows it is connected to my network, but not the Bryant server. Their only answer is unplug it and plug it back in. But it is supposed to be a remote control unit. Horrible product.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Linden, VA

"Bryant is a great AC unit!"
We have owned our Bryant AC unit since we moved into our house 2 years ago. This unit is efficient and has never failed us. The filters are also very easy to change. The Bryant AC unit also keeps our house cool during the hot, humid months of Virginia. We have a basement apartment and even our tenants have never complained about the temperature. The only thing I have a complaint about is that the AC unit drains any condensation into a drain in the floor. One time, the drain was clogged, it overflowed, and the new drywall soaked up the water. However, once the drain was emptied/cleared, we have had no problems since. We have never had to replace our unit and it is still going strong after 2 years. We have also never had to make any repairs, even minor, to the Bryant AC unit. I would strongly recommend this product to a friend, as well as buy the same brand again; it has never failed us!

Date created: 2015-07-04 Name: T. Samuels
Location: Fresno, CA

"Lasted only until not under warranty"
We paid $3400 for our unit in August of 2008. It basically started having trouble one day after the warranty ran out. We have had repairs at least two to three times a year after that. It is not working now, so we are just going to replace it. We will never buy Bryant again. It is hard to believe this company has a good reputation. They have not stood behind their name. Our neighbor bought one the same summer that we did. He has had the exact same experience.

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: Jane Smith
Location: Plantation, FL

"Garbage A/C"
A/C was installed in June 2012. It is now October 2014. Had problems with two coils, the capacitor and fan motor. It cost $1000 for labor. Bryant sells junk, that is why installation is not covered. Any company that sells Bryant's product is as guilty as Bryant. I wish I'd read reviews. But when your air is out in July in South Florida, you're desperate, so I went with a reliable company (I thought). Air around the clock. ATC only answers, "we don't make the parts", but bad parts reflect on you. Shame both on Bryant and ATC.

Date created: 2014-08-21 Name: Lyle
Location: St George, UT

"Evaporator Coil Failure after 7 years"
One would think that a relatively expensive 5 on unit 7 years old that only runs for about 6 months a year would have a longer life span. Serviced regularly this unit has developed a leak and we have been advised that the replacement including labor will be over $1200 by a certified Bryant dealer. Have sent a message to Bryant but from what I have been reading their customer service and history for standing behind their product is less then admirable. Only time will tell