Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-11-07 Name: Mrs. B. Palmer
Location: Miami, FL

"The Bryant Package Unit From Hell"
Free at last! Our inefficient, crappy 4 ton, 12 seer Bryant package unit finally broke down. The compressor shorted out and we had to have an electrician come out and replace the fuse box, which burned out. It gave us nothing but grief from the beginning. We’ve had multiple A/C repair companies come out times, to no avail. When I called Carrier to complain about the unit and how inadequately it was working, they would just tell me to call a Carrier dealer to have it checked out. I just think it was a poorly designed a/c unit. The proof is that we replaced it with a 13 SEER 4 ton Trane package unit a couple of months ago. Our power bill went from $442 down to $201 the following month – a 30 day period for both, so it was a good comparison. More than ½ the savings. Incredible. With the Bryant, I would have to bend down and put my hand on the floor vent to see if there was any air coming out. I don’t think the blower had enough power. Now, with the Trane, I just extend my arm straight out (no bending over) and can feel the air flowing out of the vents. And, I can actually hear the air being sucked into the “environment air intake” vent on the floor (which houses the filter). That was a sound I never heard before. We have probably spent thousands of dollars in high-energy costs because of the Bryant from Hell. I would recommend to anyone shopping for a package A/C unit NOT TO BUY BRYANT (OR CARRIER, ITS MANUFACTURER).

Date created: 2008-04-30 Name: Thomas P.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Our Bryant ac was installed two years ago and let me tell you it is a piece of junk! It's broken down 3 times, has never cooled the house below 80 degrees on a hot day and is noisy as a freight train! I would not recommend this worthless AC to anyone. Buyers beware!
Date created: 2008-02-22 Name: J Mertesn
Location: Mlps, MN

Never once had a problem with this fossil. Performs like a champ year in, year out. The only negative is the Harley like noise...but if your indoors on a hot humid day and comfy you don't even notice..
Date created: 2007-06-04 Name: Roger A, Warda
Location: Macomb Township, MI 48044

Dear Sir, When our house was being built in 2005, we discussed furnaces, and central air with the builder. He assured us that Bryant was reliable, and long lasting. He was wrong. Last week the central air failed, I was advised to call the contractor that installed the unit. Hutchison Mechanical of Macomb MI diagnosed the problem as a rusted out "A Frame." With labor and recharge, that visit cost $224.00. The following week the replacement part was installed at a cost of $90.00. Most new home owners have Bryant furnace and A/C, and have asked me what problem I experienced. At our next neighboorhood association meeting, should I tell everyone in our subdivision that Bryant is JUNK. Expect product failure, and when replacing furnace and A/C don't even consider purchasing Bryant product. Under these circustances what would you do?