Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-11-01 Name: Unhappy Customer
Location: Utica, New York

"Customer service"
Only Bryant authorized service and installation contractor in this area of Central New York (Utica and surrounding area) is a complete disgrace to any reputable company. ******* ******** has no respect for customers, property or time. They do slipshod work that has ruined my entire renovated home ceilings. From drilling through water lines and letting the water pour into a newly renovated kitchen without even trying to shut the water off to never being reliable for service calls. You make appointments and they do not show up, you call them and get excuses why their people do not answer their phones. I would only recommend these products and this service installer to my worst enemy.

Date created: 2016-10-29 Name: Chad D
Location: West Texas

"Piece of junk!"
(Not real sure of the series# or model#) Bryant does not stand behind their product nor motto: "Whatever it takes". 4-Year-old unit developed a Freon leak in the outside unit. Apparently, the idiots who built this thing placed the copper lines too close together, causing them to run which creates holes in the copper lines. My repair man did not charge me for the repairs itself (he could tell I was very upset), but I am out $600 for 14-1/2 pounds of Freon. Bryant pretty much said "too bad". Well Bryant....too bad I won't buy another one of your products. Oh, all of my friends, coworkers, associates, etc. now know what lousy customer service you have! Watch your sales in West Texas go down the tube!

Date created: 2016-10-09 Name: L.Wendell
Location: Orlando, FL

"3 blower motors in 4 years"
Piece of junk. Original blower motor and 2 replacements in 4 years. Now, in the same 4 year period of ownership, it needs a new compressor! Bryant needs to stop ripping people off with inferior equipment. Don't buy Bryant!

Date created: 2016-08-14 Name: Scott
Location: San Francisco, CA

"Piece of junk. Leaking coil."
Bryant is an absolute piece of junk. It stopped working within 2 years. The company who installed it was so unwilling to diagnose and repair it. Must be saying something about the quality of Bryant. Had another company find the problem. Now I can concur with the bad reviews here about the coil. Besides a costly repair, the refrigerant leaks so fast and I wonder how much Bryant is damaging the environment. Bryant may warranty the junk but it is so costly to repair. One can probably run a good repair business just servicing and replacing bad Bryant units.

Date created: 2016-08-06 Name: DD
Location: San Jose, CA

"Noisy!"
Had this installed 3 years ago. Repair guy has been out twice, and still so loud it keeps us up at night. Junk.

Date created: 2016-08-01 Name: Wanda Braund
Location: Lakeland, FL

"Bad coil - typical with Bryant"
Expensive to get a defective Bryant product replaced. Bryant coil was installed with a new AC unit less than a year ago. The coil was defective and leaked, causing the AC not to perform effectively. Bryant warranty covered the replacement coil, but not the $900 repair cost (once service company quoted $1200 to replace). The installation company indicated these problems are typical in the Bryant unit. We called Bryant to voice our concern and they have heard it one too many times and really don't care. First I am disappointed that Cool Now, knowing these units have defective parts, would recommend and sell them to their customers. And foremost, why has Bryant not rectified this problem? It has been documented as a repeating defective part, but they continue to sell it to the consumer. Don't purchase a Bryant AC unit and if you do, purchase the extended service/repair contract because you are going to need it.

Date created: 2016-07-11 Name: c Iacurto
Location: Sag Harbor, NY

"Piece of junk"
Only 3 months since it was installed and already not working. Waiting for the repairman. It's so noisy that I have to wear ear plugs to sleep.

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: G/G Ryerson
Location: St. Paul, MN

"Unsatisfactory"
Our Bryant AC is less than 10 years old and our blower and module went out for a bill of over $1300.00. We were told that this is unusual by 3 service companies. We would never buy Bryant again.

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: N J Ashmore
Location: Jackson, TN

"Negative review"
From day one, this unit has been so loud that we are unable to go to sleep at night - the unit sits outside the bedroom wall. It is loud, and vibrates the entire wing of the house. We have to get the house cooled down enough before bedtime so that we can get to sleep - the last thing we do before going to bed is to re-set the temp to its regular setting. It cools OK, nothing spectacular. Certainly not worth the cost of the unit. No - I will never purchase another AC from this company.

Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Rich Algeri
Location: Elizabeth, PA

"Terrible"
Poor quality and poor service. Computer board failed in 12 months. It's taken 5 days to receive new board. Not reliable.