Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-07-31 Name: Jim
Location: Ohio

"Evaporator coil has failed again"
New house in 2003, then 2005 had to have evaporator Coil replaced- had a hole/leak they said. Part was covered but had to pay labor. Then at year 5 1/2 the evaporator coil failed- said it had a hole. After much complaining, they replaced the coil but I again paid labor. Then after another 5 1/2 years same problem so I just had the system charged. Here we are again system low on Freon so I had it checked and guess what the leak again has been due to a hole in the coil. Bryant said sorry the system is out of warranty. I said this will be the 4th coil in 14 years but obviously this last episode started at year 12 when the replacement coil was again just over 5 1/2 yrs. old. The Bryant rep. Just hung up on me when I said don't you care about your customers. 4 evaporator coils is obviously a quality issue.

Date created: 2017-07-30 Name: kathy ballman
Location: New Baltimore, MI

"Evaporator coil"
Put in furnace air conditioner in 2015 in 2017 went to use and was told evaporator coil is bad must replace and charge 625 for labor part was free. This is a racket Bryant should stand behind there parts including warranty. How they can sell someone junk like this I do not know. Maybe someone should start a class action suit against them for selling inferior parts they know do not stand up. Don't buy a Bryant anything

Date created: 2017-07-24 Name: C Lehner
Location: Midlothian, VA

"Poor qualitly and poor customer service"
I would not recommend purchasing Bryant products. They claim to have 10 year warranty but it comes with quite a few loopholes. We have a very expensive Bryant thermostat that failed after 5 years and 4 months and they refused to replace it or work with us at all. I call customer service and before I could complete my statement they responded with we do not honor warranty extensions. (Even though it wasn't even an extension.)

Date created: 2017-07-05 Name: S. Seay
Location: Ohio

"Nightmare!"
Unit installed less than 3 years, compressor failed and have to be replaced to the tune of $1900. After negotiating with service provider, my out of pocket for installation of replacement parts service calls and electricians is $1300. I'm being told by Bryant that all they're responsible for is providing the part, not to include the refrigerant. I hope this is not starting to be a nightmare of part issues and me having to bear the expense of having to pay for installation. Sad

Date created: 2017-06-13 Name: Ernest Spalding
Location: Ruskin, FL

"Bryant air conditioner"
Bryant all in one heat and air. Piece of junk. 2 years new and has broke down 6 times. 1. Just stops working, found burnt wires from factory 2. Low on freon 3. Too much freon 4. Blower stops working freezing up 5. Stops working. I'm sitting in Florida with 95 degrees and no a/c again!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2017-06-10 Name: JC Tullo
Location: Los Angeles, CA

" My unit, which was chosen by a supposedly reputable company, needed a very expensive repair before I had even finished paying"
My unit, which was chosen by a supposedly reputable company, needed a very expensive repair before I had even finished paying it off! Original price with install $7100. Repair: almost $2000. Took less than five years, so it would have been more expensive if the part hadn't been under warranty. Reaction from the reputable company? "Well they don't make things like they used to."

Date created: 2017-05-10 Name: Elaine Novosel
Location: Sun City Center, FL

"Factory defect or poor quality of A/C"
I purchased my Bryant a/c 2 years ago. I had a leak which the technician said was a factory defect repaired 2 days before one year was up. This year (the second year) the leak occurred in the same location again. It was a leak repair on liquid line 90 degrees at the compressor. It was $5,000 for this 5 ton a/c which I had to borrow money to pay for it. I am a 75 year old widow who lives on Social Security. Do you know how many months of Social Security it would take for me to pay for this? I paid $150 today for the repair again. One month ago I had maintenance service done and paid $50.00. I would never buy this unit again.

Date created: 2017-04-15 Name: C.Sands
Location: Pennsylvania

"Replacing 30 yr. old Contractor System"
30 years ago I had this home built and low end contractor Bryant equipment installed. Now having been in the business and working for a Bryant dealer I was always impressed with their equipment. Now after 30 years of service it is time to replace the furnace and the a/c unit. Yes over the course of 30 yrs. I replaced to fan motors which run 24/7,,,normal wear, after maybe after about 10 years I had to replace the a/c coil, it started to leak,,,normal wear. About 5 years ago I had to replace the condenser fan motor on the outside unit along with the fan blade since it was rusted fast.,,,normal wear. Now as stated above I started in the HVAC field and made a lot of repairs myself, some I did not. As someone stated up above you also have to look at your installing contractor as well,are their tech capable of making these repairs.? Some of these companies out hear today are slipshod, a guy taking a quick AC/Refrigeration course and hanging out a shingle. Know your contractor and don't always go to the cheapest bid. Within the next week I will be installing a new Bryant System and it will be done by the same company I started working for back in 1973.

Date created: 2016-12-29 Name: Kathleen J Chansley
Location: Columbia, MO

"Run around service.....Terrible!!!"
There is absolutely nothing to like about this equipment. I would never buy this brand again and would tell anyone who asked me about it not to purchase. I want to post on the net about a problem we are having with the fan motor on our Bryant air conditioning unit. The housing for the fan motor is rusting quite badly. We have been trying to get some help with this for over a month. It is a Bryant that was installed five years ago and we have a ten-year warranty on the purchase. My husband has documented all conversations with names, dates, a case number, promises of call backs which never come. Today he was told a call was made to him yesterday December 28, 2016 and it was blocked per the receptionist of the local repair service, Columbia, MO at 'Master Tech'. She said there was no documentation of them (Bryant) ever talking to my husband. We even sent pictures of what the housing looked like. All of this again has been documented from us to Bryant and Master Tech Air Conditioning. Has anyone else had problems with Bryant following through with problems with their products? If you have we would appreciate any help you could give us. Jack and Kathleen Chansley, Columbia, MO.

Date created: 2016-12-01 Name: marcia little
Location: Illinois

"In court over installer stealing $4000.00"
I am appalled that your certified Bryant installer after giving me a quote for hvac installation of $6500.00 that we agreed upon on 8/16/16 said he needed $4000.00 up front to pay for the equipment. I gave him the check and he said he would do the install on 8/20/16. He cashed the check on 8/18/16 and never did the install. I finally cancelled the agreement 9/23/16 after suffering through the summer heat and numerous attempts to get him to do the work. My attorney contacted him to return the money. He agreed to do so, wrote a check for first installment of $1000.00 that was nsf. Is this the kind of behavior you support? Now I have to pay the attorney & court fees to try to get my money back. I am a retiree living alone. Shame on you Bryant!!!!!!