Consumer Reviews of Bryant central air conditioners

Read more about Bryant central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-10-31 Name: A.Santos
Location: Plant City, FL

"Bad product"
On January 27, 2016 I bought a new Bryant a/c and Heat Pump package unit.I Was told that it was the top of the line product.On January 21, 2017 The Control Board had to be replaced under warranty but had to pay $100.00 labor.On September 2, 2017 my a/c down again this time the Transformer had to be replaced part covered $132.00 labor.Today October 31, 2017 the a/c stopped working again. I would not recommend Bryant to anyone and I will never buy another one.

Date created: 2017-10-24 Name: H. Brulez
Location: Kansas

"Broke down in less than 18 months"
I hope you research your air conditioner brands and stay away from Bryant. We had our break down in less than 18 months with a bad transformer. Although the parts are covered, labor is not. It’s unfortunate to have this as a standard practice when I wouldn’t be needing the labor if the product had any quality.

Date created: 2017-10-17 Name: Holly Sisti
Location: Holiday, FL

"Horrible product...do not buy!!!"
Second time in 6 months that we've had to replace the motor. Our rep took good care of us; however, when I called Bryant, whomever answered the phone hung up on me after hearing my issue. Very unprofessional people to deal with and we will never purchase another Bryant product again!!!

Date created: 2017-07-31 Name: Jim
Location: Ohio

"Evaporator coil has failed again"
New house in 2003, then 2005 had to have evaporator Coil replaced- had a hole/leak they said. Part was covered but had to pay labor. Then at year 5 1/2 the evaporator coil failed- said it had a hole. After much complaining, they replaced the coil but I again paid labor. Then after another 5 1/2 years same problem so I just had the system charged. Here we are again system low on Freon so I had it checked and guess what the leak again has been due to a hole in the coil. Bryant said sorry the system is out of warranty. I said this will be the 4th coil in 14 years but obviously this last episode started at year 12 when the replacement coil was again just over 5 1/2 yrs. old. The Bryant rep. Just hung up on me when I said don't you care about your customers. 4 evaporator coils is obviously a quality issue.

Date created: 2017-07-30 Name: kathy ballman
Location: New Baltimore, MI

"Evaporator coil"
Put in furnace air conditioner in 2015 in 2017 went to use and was told evaporator coil is bad must replace and charge 625 for labor part was free. This is a racket Bryant should stand behind there parts including warranty. How they can sell someone junk like this I do not know. Maybe someone should start a class action suit against them for selling inferior parts they know do not stand up. Don't buy a Bryant anything

Date created: 2017-07-24 Name: C Lehner
Location: Midlothian, VA

"Poor qualitly and poor customer service"
I would not recommend purchasing Bryant products. They claim to have 10 year warranty but it comes with quite a few loopholes. We have a very expensive Bryant thermostat that failed after 5 years and 4 months and they refused to replace it or work with us at all. I call customer service and before I could complete my statement they responded with we do not honor warranty extensions. (Even though it wasn't even an extension.)

Date created: 2017-07-05 Name: S. Seay
Location: Ohio

"Nightmare!"
Unit installed less than 3 years, compressor failed and have to be replaced to the tune of $1900. After negotiating with service provider, my out of pocket for installation of replacement parts service calls and electricians is $1300. I'm being told by Bryant that all they're responsible for is providing the part, not to include the refrigerant. I hope this is not starting to be a nightmare of part issues and me having to bear the expense of having to pay for installation. Sad

Date created: 2017-06-13 Name: Ernest Spalding
Location: Ruskin, FL

"Bryant air conditioner"
Bryant all in one heat and air. Piece of junk. 2 years new and has broke down 6 times. 1. Just stops working, found burnt wires from factory 2. Low on freon 3. Too much freon 4. Blower stops working freezing up 5. Stops working. I'm sitting in Florida with 95 degrees and no a/c again!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2017-06-10 Name: JC Tullo
Location: Los Angeles, CA

" My unit, which was chosen by a supposedly reputable company, needed a very expensive repair before I had even finished paying"
My unit, which was chosen by a supposedly reputable company, needed a very expensive repair before I had even finished paying it off! Original price with install $7100. Repair: almost $2000. Took less than five years, so it would have been more expensive if the part hadn't been under warranty. Reaction from the reputable company? "Well they don't make things like they used to."

Date created: 2017-05-10 Name: Elaine Novosel
Location: Sun City Center, FL

"Factory defect or poor quality of A/C"
I purchased my Bryant a/c 2 years ago. I had a leak which the technician said was a factory defect repaired 2 days before one year was up. This year (the second year) the leak occurred in the same location again. It was a leak repair on liquid line 90 degrees at the compressor. It was $5,000 for this 5 ton a/c which I had to borrow money to pay for it. I am a 75 year old widow who lives on Social Security. Do you know how many months of Social Security it would take for me to pay for this? I paid $150 today for the repair again. One month ago I had maintenance service done and paid $50.00. I would never buy this unit again.