Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: Eduardo Abreu
Location: Houston, TX

"Mr. Abreu"
I am very disappointed on this unit, most air condition units have a life expectancy of 15 years, mine lasted only 10

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Bob Britt
Location: Pasadena, MD

"Bob"
Took a gamble on this unit on advice of friend who installs independently. So far very good. Two-stage blower works extremely well and house is always comfortable (as long as the power stays on but thatís another story). After doing some research, I found out that Armstrong is a division of Lennox which can't be all bad. The biggest benefit for me is this unit is not complicated with an over abundance of electronic features that over time will give most home owners fits. Simple, efficient, and cool the way I like it.
Date created: 2008-02-09 Name: Tom Alires
Location: Albuquerque, NM

I have 3 gas furnace/air conditioners that have been working for 12 years. Aside from 2 units blowing out their control boards, they have operated quite well. Their initial cost was quite good so I feel that I have more than received my money's worth especially in this high desert area of New Mexico. The summers are hot and the winters are cold. I feel buying these units was a good decision.
Date created: 2006-08-14 Years owned: 5

I bought my condo 5 years ago this month. The Armstrong heat pump unit was installed 3 months before I bought it 05/2001. I have had several electrical issues and transformers etc replaced with in 1-2 years. Now my compressor went out after not cooling well for a year. However. My compressor died ( 2 months after the warranty expired)and now Im looking to replace the whole unit. I understand you dont make the heat pump for this type condo unit any more. So ill have to buy a real dog for a upgrade. Im not impressed because I understand that you guys bought out Magic Chef and they were a better unit, so im stuck with a poor 2 ton upgrade after 5 years according to my AC Repair Tech, Whats going on????