Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: The Docter
Location: Huntsville Al

"A/C man"
Most of all heating and air problems is due to one of two things, no matter the name brand of system. 1. It wasn't installed according to spec. Meaning the company who installed it wasn't well enough trained on product, and how it is to be installed. 2. Home owner does not have system serviced on regular bases. Dirty coils both indoor and out WILL cause premature failure and this is NOT covered under warranty. NOTE: Armstrong has a 10 year P&L warranty; to get this, it MUST be registered.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: Randy
Location: Victoria, TX

"OK until it breaks"
We installed an Armstrong package unit a few years ago. On Dec. 28 we discovered that the heat exchanger had cracked. Armstrong/Alliedair is unable to provide a heat exchanger under warranty. In the meantime, we're left in the cold, literally.
Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: vijay patel
Location: Scarborough

"Satisfaction with the Armstrong air conditioer"
I have installed the armstrong air conditioner at my home 2ton unit. This is a nice air conditioner having low noise and blowing nice cold air. I have installed the high efficiency air conditioner which is saving my lot of bills
Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: RLD

"Dissatisfied"
We have had this unit for 3 years and both the compressor and fan have gone down. These were still under warranty but had to pay labor charges of $725.00.
Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Anthony B.
Location: Southern Texas

"ALB"
10 year old unit. Unit stopped working. Repair man (not my regular guy. he was booked) said compressor grounded out. Got a second opinion, same diagnosis. New compressor would take 15 days to order and come in. What! 98 degree weather and no ac. Not doable in Southern Texas with kids. Called multiple ac companies, same thing. Had to work out a deal with my ac man to install a new unit. Anyone else have trouble with getting parts for their Armstrong ac unit?
Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: A. Whitehead

"Armstrong ac unit"
This piece of crap sucks!!!!!!
Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: Antonio Galatos

"18 SEER Armstrong"
I've had a 18 seer Armstrong for about 1 year now and I couldn't be happier. The unit is quiet and has cut my power bill by about 50%. I love this unit and recommend it to everyone.
Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: lrs

"Will not Buy Again"
I have had this Armstrong Air Conditioning Unit for 2 years and 3 months and the compressor has already gone out. I have had several service companies out here and all they can tell me is the compressor is locked. So yes parts are covered under the warranty but labor is not. Just for labor the lowest estimate so far is 500 dollars. This is the second time I have had to have this unit fixed.
Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: Jerry Grant

"Warning! Do not buy Armstrong"
Due to the size of our house we have two Armstrong Central Air units. Both were installed new 6 years ago. Unit one has had problems ever year and we were told this spring that it either needs a new coil for $1,500 or we need a new unit. Unit two has now started to have problems. Please, Please due yourself and your family a favor and avoid this product. I'm considering having them both removed and having a more reliable product installed. I can't take it any more. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: T.L.

"Better than I expected"
Hot humid summer finally killed my condenser fan. Relatively cheap fix, and it again works perfectly. Is relatively energy efficient, especially for the price. Had no problems other than the fan a just a couple of weeks ago, after nearly 5 years of service.