Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: Jerry Grant

"Warning! Do not buy Armstrong"
Due to the size of our house we have two Armstrong Central Air units. Both were installed new 6 years ago. Unit one has had problems ever year and we were told this spring that it either needs a new coil for $1,500 or we need a new unit. Unit two has now started to have problems. Please, Please due yourself and your family a favor and avoid this product. I'm considering having them both removed and having a more reliable product installed. I can't take it any more. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: T.L.

"Better than I expected"
Hot humid summer finally killed my condenser fan. Relatively cheap fix, and it again works perfectly. Is relatively energy efficient, especially for the price. Had no problems other than the fan a just a couple of weeks ago, after nearly 5 years of service.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Z. Schutt

"Unreliable"
Does not keep our home cool if it's above 80 or so outside and has broken down twice in less than 2 years. Very disappointed. I would not recommend Armstrong at all.

Date created: 2009-03-22 Name: ARMSTRONG

"Armstrong AC"
The builder put this 12 seer unit in 13 years ago when we built this house. It has never given me any troubles. This is a vacation house so it is not used constantly, but it is used monthly. I have to replace it because the salt air and spray from tropical storms and hurricanes has caused the metal of the condensing unit to totally rust out and the cooling fins are now going bad. Everyone tells me I will not get more than 10 years out of a new unit.

Date created: 2009-01-01 Name: Neil
Location: Wilmington N.C.

Worked great for 14 months after that problems had it worked on twice not a great product

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: Eduardo Abreu
Location: Houston, TX

"Mr. Abreu"
I am very disappointed on this unit, most air condition units have a life expectancy of 15 years, mine lasted only 10

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Bob Britt
Location: Pasadena, MD

"Bob"
Took a gamble on this unit on advice of friend who installs independently. So far very good. Two-stage blower works extremely well and house is always comfortable (as long as the power stays on but thatís another story). After doing some research, I found out that Armstrong is a division of Lennox which can't be all bad. The biggest benefit for me is this unit is not complicated with an over abundance of electronic features that over time will give most home owners fits. Simple, efficient, and cool the way I like it.

Date created: 2008-02-09 Name: Tom Alires
Location: Albuquerque, NM

I have 3 gas furnace/air conditioners that have been working for 12 years. Aside from 2 units blowing out their control boards, they have operated quite well. Their initial cost was quite good so I feel that I have more than received my money's worth especially in this high desert area of New Mexico. The summers are hot and the winters are cold. I feel buying these units was a good decision.

Date created: 2006-08-14 Years owned: 5

I bought my condo 5 years ago this month. The Armstrong heat pump unit was installed 3 months before I bought it 05/2001. I have had several electrical issues and transformers etc replaced with in 1-2 years. Now my compressor went out after not cooling well for a year. However. My compressor died ( 2 months after the warranty expired)and now Im looking to replace the whole unit. I understand you dont make the heat pump for this type condo unit any more. So ill have to buy a real dog for a upgrade. Im not impressed because I understand that you guys bought out Magic Chef and they were a better unit, so im stuck with a poor 2 ton upgrade after 5 years according to my AC Repair Tech, Whats going on????