Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: D C SMITH
Location: Skiatook Ok

"A TREE OF LEMONS!!!!"
I've had continuous problems with this unit since its installation. I’ll include the phone number of the installer and the service technician that has been servicing the unit. Since installation I’ve reinstalled: • a new condenser motor • New liquid drier • New compressor • New capacitor • Another new compressor • And then this week another new condenser motor And it still doesn’t work for more than 20 minutes before the unit stops and blows hot. I am highly dissatisfied with the Armstrong Air product.

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: Unhappy

"Simply Awful"
This air conditioning unit has been nothing but a problem. Last summer we were left without air on FIVE separate occasions, and this summer we have had two incidents within a few days! We have used a handful of service companies, so it cannot be a problem with the repair people. We are out quite a bit of money and the costs continue to rise. I strongly recommend AGAINST purchasing an Armstrong unit!

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: THOMAS KENNEDY
Location: WARWICK, RI

"JUNK....JUNK..JUNK"
I PUT IN A CENTRAL AIR SYSTEM ALONG WITH A OIL FIRED FURNACE AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS...NOT 1 MONTH OLD...FURNACE NEEDED TO BE REPLACED AND AIR COMPRESSOR AFTER ONE WEEK BURNED OUT...SO FAR OUT OF POCKET MONEY 300.00.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: The Docter
Location: Huntsville Al

"A/C man"
Most of all heating and air problems is due to one of two things, no matter the name brand of system. 1. It wasn't installed according to spec. Meaning the company who installed it wasn't well enough trained on product, and how it is to be installed. 2. Home owner does not have system serviced on regular bases. Dirty coils both indoor and out WILL cause premature failure and this is NOT covered under warranty. NOTE: Armstrong has a 10 year P&L warranty; to get this, it MUST be registered.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: Randy
Location: Victoria, TX

"OK until it breaks"
We installed an Armstrong package unit a few years ago. On Dec. 28 we discovered that the heat exchanger had cracked. Armstrong/Alliedair is unable to provide a heat exchanger under warranty. In the meantime, we're left in the cold, literally.

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: vijay patel
Location: Scarborough

"Satisfaction with the Armstrong air conditioer"
I have installed the armstrong air conditioner at my home 2ton unit. This is a nice air conditioner having low noise and blowing nice cold air. I have installed the high efficiency air conditioner which is saving my lot of bills

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: RLD

"Dissatisfied"
We have had this unit for 3 years and both the compressor and fan have gone down. These were still under warranty but had to pay labor charges of $725.00.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Anthony B.
Location: Southern Texas

"ALB"
10 year old unit. Unit stopped working. Repair man (not my regular guy. he was booked) said compressor grounded out. Got a second opinion, same diagnosis. New compressor would take 15 days to order and come in. What! 98 degree weather and no ac. Not doable in Southern Texas with kids. Called multiple ac companies, same thing. Had to work out a deal with my ac man to install a new unit. Anyone else have trouble with getting parts for their Armstrong ac unit?

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: A. Whitehead

"Armstrong ac unit"
This piece of crap sucks!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: Antonio Galatos

"18 SEER Armstrong"
I've had a 18 seer Armstrong for about 1 year now and I couldn't be happier. The unit is quiet and has cut my power bill by about 50%. I love this unit and recommend it to everyone.