Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-11-08 Name: roger
Location: lawrence, ks

"Two units working fine"
I have a duplex, built in 2001 with Armstrong units on both sides. This is the first year they needed service, one had low freon, the other just a little low. Units work great but are a bit undersized and run all day on very hot Kansas summer days.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: Barron Triton
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"ARMSTRONG HEAT PUMP DIES IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS"
I bought a 15 seer, 4 ton armstrong heat pump in Dec, 2010. Last week the compressor died. Thats 22 months of usage. In the last 22 months, 2 circuit boards fried. a run capacitor had to be replaced. a condenser fan motor had to be replaced. Nothing but problems. I called the company/installer who I bought the unit from. I had a 5 year written "no lemon guarantee" from them. Their guarantee stated, "If the compressor fails within 5 years from the install date, we will replace the entire unit at no cost to the customer" . When I attempted to exercise that guarantee, the company owner balked and stated he never authorized the "no lemon guarantee" that his sales agent provided me with. After a firm & terse letter from my very competent and extremely expensive attorney's, the owner wisely reconsidered and is replacing my armstrong garbage unit with a brand new maytag unit. The owner told me that his company no longer sells armstrong units due to the inordinate number of service call backs that his techs have had to deal with. do not buy an armstrong heat pump unit. you will regret it!

Date created: 2012-09-26 Name: L. Stephens
Location: Navarre, FL

"Armstrong AC"
Worst unit we've ever had. Lasted only 6 years. Had problems throughout those years.

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: j varga

"Not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I would not recommend armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-31 Name: j varga
Location: Hemet,Ca.

"Model number not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I Would not recommed Armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: Steven D.
Location: Warrenville, IL

"The True Comfort of Home!"
I had my Armstrong Air Conditioner installed over six years ago! I have never had a problem with this unit! During this heat wave in the Midwest, I can honestly say I was anxious to get home, because I know my house will be cool as a cucumber because my Armstrong Air Conditioner is the best!

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: j varga

"Not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I would not recommed armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: Colorado
Location: Longmont, CO

"19 years and not one hiccup"
It may not have a fancy name but my new home came with this unit over 19 years ago and I am amazed it is still going strong. Very hot Colorado summers. Cools like a champ. Never had any service of any kind.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: mike j.
Location: denver, co

"Great a/c"
Works wonderful, no problems after 4 years.

Date created: 2012-07-14 Name: jake s
Location: aurora, il

"ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS"
I have had this unit for 7 years and never had a problem. With correct installation they are great units. I had american standard before this unit and it was horrible. Thanks armstrong