Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: j varga
Location: Hemet,Ca.

"Not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I would not recommed armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: Colorado
Location: Longmont, CO

"19 years and not one hiccup"
It may not have a fancy name but my new home came with this unit over 19 years ago and I am amazed it is still going strong. Very hot Colorado summers. Cools like a champ. Never had any service of any kind.

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: mike j.
Location: denver, co

"Great a/c"
Works wonderful, no problems after 4 years.

Date created: 2012-07-14 Name: jake s
Location: aurora, il

"ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS"
I have had this unit for 7 years and never had a problem. With correct installation they are great units. I had american standard before this unit and it was horrible. Thanks armstrong

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: Lauren

"Garbage"
I live in a condo community where we all have the same ac unit. The units are only 5 years old and most of the residents that live here have had multiple issues with their units. The coil in my ac has a hole in it. Too much money for me to fix or even consider replacing the unit itself. Looks like I will be sweating it out this summer.

Date created: 2012-06-04 Name: J berg
Location: McHenry IL

"Excellent equipment"
After reading all the reviews, I have found one common thread. Every complaint is blaming the equipment when the causes stem from the installation. I haven't had any issues with mine because it was installed properly. If you have anything installed and it doesn't work as promised call the manufacture and they send out a rep (no matter what brand). You will get answers and the installing company is usally held responsible.

Date created: 2012-03-14 Name: Keeping em Cool for 28 years now
Location: Southern California

"Bottom tier brand"
Armstrong products are the economical choice for anyone on a low budget. Its sole purpose is to compete with the low end "Goodman" line of air conditioning products. Both are bottom tier brands of equipment and if you are thinking of selling your home within 5 years these brands are great because you can pass on the cost of repairs and replacement to the new buyer and their home warranty company. Bottom line is "you get what you pay for" and Long after the sweet taste of low price is gone, does the bitter taste of poor quality linger.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Name: belinda w. davis
Location: Edmond, OK

"Almost Impossible to change filter & replace panel"
Had this a/c & heating unit installed - works fine but before my husband died he had problems changing the filters and since he died I have gotten the panel back on the unit 1 time correctly - the rest of the time I tape it on & then tape around it to seal it. I have cut my hand, bruised my fingers and hands, fallen off the ladder - it is a nightmare. Perhaps if the unit was sitting in the middle of the garage with no hoses or pipes or copper tubing around it then one could use a hammer and wedge and get the panel off and on fairly easy. It is a nightmare!!!

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: B Smarrella
Location: steubenville, OH

"STINKS"
Needed a compressor after 2 years, waited 2 weeks for a replacement in 90 degrees weather, nothing. Would have taken a sledge hammer to it, if it wasn't under warranty. Had a "carrier" before this and never had any trouble like this. Will never recommend or buy anything Armstrong again!!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Apple Valley

"I have installed Armstrong Air products for 5 years"
I am a HVAC contractor and I have installed Armstrong Air products for 5 years now and haven't had one call back. If equipment isn't installed correctly it will give you problems. I have more call for Trane products that is still under warranty more than any products.