Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-03-14 Name: Keeping em Cool for 28 years now
Location: Southern California

"Bottom tier brand"
Armstrong products are the economical choice for anyone on a low budget. Its sole purpose is to compete with the low end "Goodman" line of air conditioning products. Both are bottom tier brands of equipment and if you are thinking of selling your home within 5 years these brands are great because you can pass on the cost of repairs and replacement to the new buyer and their home warranty company. Bottom line is "you get what you pay for" and Long after the sweet taste of low price is gone, does the bitter taste of poor quality linger.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Name: belinda w. davis
Location: Edmond, OK

"Almost Impossible to change filter & replace panel"
Had this a/c & heating unit installed - works fine but before my husband died he had problems changing the filters and since he died I have gotten the panel back on the unit 1 time correctly - the rest of the time I tape it on & then tape around it to seal it. I have cut my hand, bruised my fingers and hands, fallen off the ladder - it is a nightmare. Perhaps if the unit was sitting in the middle of the garage with no hoses or pipes or copper tubing around it then one could use a hammer and wedge and get the panel off and on fairly easy. It is a nightmare!!!

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: B Smarrella
Location: steubenville, OH

"STINKS"
Needed a compressor after 2 years, waited 2 weeks for a replacement in 90 degrees weather, nothing. Would have taken a sledge hammer to it, if it wasn't under warranty. Had a "carrier" before this and never had any trouble like this. Will never recommend or buy anything Armstrong again!!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Apple Valley

"I have installed Armstrong Air products for 5 years"
I am a HVAC contractor and I have installed Armstrong Air products for 5 years now and haven't had one call back. If equipment isn't installed correctly it will give you problems. I have more call for Trane products that is still under warranty more than any products.

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: D C SMITH
Location: Skiatook Ok

"A TREE OF LEMONS!!!!"
I've had continuous problems with this unit since its installation. I’ll include the phone number of the installer and the service technician that has been servicing the unit. Since installation I’ve reinstalled: • a new condenser motor • New liquid drier • New compressor • New capacitor • Another new compressor • And then this week another new condenser motor And it still doesn’t work for more than 20 minutes before the unit stops and blows hot. I am highly dissatisfied with the Armstrong Air product.

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: Unhappy

"Simply Awful"
This air conditioning unit has been nothing but a problem. Last summer we were left without air on FIVE separate occasions, and this summer we have had two incidents within a few days! We have used a handful of service companies, so it cannot be a problem with the repair people. We are out quite a bit of money and the costs continue to rise. I strongly recommend AGAINST purchasing an Armstrong unit!

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: THOMAS KENNEDY
Location: WARWICK, RI

"JUNK....JUNK..JUNK"
I PUT IN A CENTRAL AIR SYSTEM ALONG WITH A OIL FIRED FURNACE AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS...NOT 1 MONTH OLD...FURNACE NEEDED TO BE REPLACED AND AIR COMPRESSOR AFTER ONE WEEK BURNED OUT...SO FAR OUT OF POCKET MONEY 300.00.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: The Docter
Location: Huntsville Al

"A/C man"
Most of all heating and air problems is due to one of two things, no matter the name brand of system. 1. It wasn't installed according to spec. Meaning the company who installed it wasn't well enough trained on product, and how it is to be installed. 2. Home owner does not have system serviced on regular bases. Dirty coils both indoor and out WILL cause premature failure and this is NOT covered under warranty. NOTE: Armstrong has a 10 year P&L warranty; to get this, it MUST be registered.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: Randy
Location: Victoria, TX

"OK until it breaks"
We installed an Armstrong package unit a few years ago. On Dec. 28 we discovered that the heat exchanger had cracked. Armstrong/Alliedair is unable to provide a heat exchanger under warranty. In the meantime, we're left in the cold, literally.

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: vijay patel
Location: Scarborough

"Satisfaction with the Armstrong air conditioer"
I have installed the armstrong air conditioner at my home 2ton unit. This is a nice air conditioner having low noise and blowing nice cold air. I have installed the high efficiency air conditioner which is saving my lot of bills