Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-07-07 Name: Guy that got ripped off
Location: Chicago, IL

"Junk and Awful Customer Service"
Unit died after 2 years. They put a band aid (hard start) to fix the problem. I've learned that a hard start is used to keep a dying unit going for another year or 2. Unfortunately, I got 3 years of use. The first summer outside of warranty, the unit didn't work. Trying to call customer service is a joke. It's nearly impossible to talk to a real person and as soon as you do, they know nothing and send you to a voicemail of someone else. They never call back of course. If you're still unsure about the unit, just try getting a hold of someone in customer service. At least you know if something goes wrong what will happen.

Date created: 2013-01-05 Name: Pat O'Grady
Location: Amarillo, TX

"Poor quality and longevity"
I replaced my 24 year old 5 ton a/c and Heating unit less than 5 years ago with an Armstrong brand under the recommendation of the installer who said it was a good brand. Last summer I had to replace the compressor unit that burned up. It took Armstrong a week to ship a replacement compressor and it cost me $1,500 for the labor, other parts, and freon. Now, in the middle of winter the blower motor has burned up. Obviously, this a poor quality unit that I would not recommend. I plan to replace this entire unit soon with hopefully a more reliable brand.

Date created: 2012-12-18 Name: Jackyl
Location: Nothern NJ

"PROPER installation is KEY!"
I read the same reviews over and over. People bashing the equipment and company who makes the equipment. Now I'm not saying that every company don't turn out a lemon every now and then because they do. Anything built by humans is subject to human factors relating to failure. But most of these failures can be traced back to poor installation and lack of maintenance! Most all a/c units look different on the outside, but share the same components on the inside. Compressors made by Copeland, service valves made by Parker, fan motors made by Emerson. From the lowest quality brand to the highest, they are all made with other company's components. Please be sure that you get someone who is a good installer and knows the equipment they install and service. Just like going to a quack doctor can be bad to your health, a bad tech can be a disaster to your hvac equipment!

Date created: 2012-11-08 Name: roger
Location: lawrence, ks

"Two units working fine"
I have a duplex, built in 2001 with Armstrong units on both sides. This is the first year they needed service, one had low freon, the other just a little low. Units work great but are a bit undersized and run all day on very hot Kansas summer days.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: Barron Triton
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"ARMSTRONG HEAT PUMP DIES IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS"
I bought a 15 seer, 4 ton armstrong heat pump in Dec, 2010. Last week the compressor died. Thats 22 months of usage. In the last 22 months, 2 circuit boards fried. a run capacitor had to be replaced. a condenser fan motor had to be replaced. Nothing but problems. I called the company/installer who I bought the unit from. I had a 5 year written "no lemon guarantee" from them. Their guarantee stated, "If the compressor fails within 5 years from the install date, we will replace the entire unit at no cost to the customer" . When I attempted to exercise that guarantee, the company owner balked and stated he never authorized the "no lemon guarantee" that his sales agent provided me with. After a firm & terse letter from my very competent and extremely expensive attorney's, the owner wisely reconsidered and is replacing my armstrong garbage unit with a brand new maytag unit. The owner told me that his company no longer sells armstrong units due to the inordinate number of service call backs that his techs have had to deal with. do not buy an armstrong heat pump unit. you will regret it!

Date created: 2012-09-26 Name: L. Stephens
Location: Navarre, FL

"Armstrong AC"
Worst unit we've ever had. Lasted only 6 years. Had problems throughout those years.

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: j varga

"Not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I would not recommend armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-31 Name: j varga
Location: Hemet,Ca.

"Model number not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I Would not recommed Armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: Steven D.
Location: Warrenville, IL

"The True Comfort of Home!"
I had my Armstrong Air Conditioner installed over six years ago! I have never had a problem with this unit! During this heat wave in the Midwest, I can honestly say I was anxious to get home, because I know my house will be cool as a cucumber because my Armstrong Air Conditioner is the best!

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: j varga

"Not listed"
Not very reliable and expensive to repair. Warranty a joke. I would not recommed armstrong 5 ton ac combo furnace to anyone.