Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-05-20 Name: Lexus
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Great unit!"
I love this unit. I don't normally love hvac systems, but this is different. In Charlotte we have great installers who know there stuff. A lot of installers don't know the real info about Armstrong and the changes they've made. My unit has installation 5 years warranty on parts, extended 10. The manufacture is close by and the first start was fine. Great Cooling, consistently turns on and is quite. Good job Armstrong, I will tell Friends.

Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: Peter Chow
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Must buy IGNORE the hate!"
This unit is really good. A lot of negative reviews I've seen that don't make sense. You don't know if bad reviewers had bad installer, old unit. They maybe didn't register extended warranty. Warranty is great, suppliers always have parts. In Ontario only certain qualified techs can buy and install Armstrong. So I don't know why all the venting and hating is for. My unit is great, starts up fine, always works. Pretty confident in my purchase. I'm recommending to all my family and friends. You should too, you will like.
Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: Kay
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

"Great Unit"
This is a great unit. Has everything you need & installers love the simple install. Perfect for Summer.
Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Tom
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

"Unit is good"
I decided to go with unit because Tech sold me on quality, warranty and low noise. So far he was right. Good price too!
Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Debbie R
Location: Oakville, Canada

"Armstrong Air A/C very quite"
I wanted a quality unit that's quite and Armstrong Air delivered. Quality, quite and long warranty. I don't have to worry about parts :)
Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Jennifer M
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Great Unit must buy! Furnace package is very good."
I was looking for a unit that's reliable and this unit is great! Quick install, technician was great. The startup is really quite. I recommend this unit for anyone who wants reliability and quality.
Date created: 2017-04-09 Name: Renato
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

"That unit is very good. I installed in my house and chose good contractor to installed"
I have been an HVAC contractor dealing with Goodman and American Standard for my first 11 years. Last year I made the switch to Armstrong Air which I do not regret at all. I recommend Armstrong Air to all my customers. I have also installed a unit in my very own home. It's a solid, quiet, and good warranted unit.
Date created: 2016-10-21 Name: Mike F.
Location: Knoxville, TN

"5 Tons of Junk"
My wife and I built our home in 2003. We oversaw everything about the build except the heat/air pump installation. Big mistake. Our contractor said he would take care of it. He took care of it alright. He had a 5 ton Armstrong unit installed. We have had nothing but trouble for 13 years. For the first 10 years, the parts were covered under warranty, thank goodness. We had almost every part in the outdoor unit replaced, including 3 or 4 compressors. Since the warranty ran out I have had to pay for one compressor and it just failed, lasted two years. Numerous leaks and failures and untold amount of money spent. I should have had it replaced but we have been busy raising our family and paying for cars and colleges and the Armstrong was the least of our worries. We just patched it every 6 - 8 months. Now we have a wedding to pay for and we are taking another $1,500.00 hit for another compressor and capacitor. Next spring, hopefully, I am having it replaced and I am personally going to destroy the piece of crap! Don't buy an Armstrong, period.
Date created: 2016-09-21 Name: Cesar Lazon Sifuentes
Location: Dallas, TX

"Pitching noise"
I just installed at home a 5 ton split system Armstrong 20 SEER 4SCU20LX160P-1. The next day I noticed some vibration and pitching noise. In addition, when the unit is not cooling I heard a hummm noise on the electronic board. According the sales person they said it is normal, but the vibration noise needs be fixed with a new part on the fans. I do not accept the explanation about the pitching noise because it is not normal on an electronic device that controls the compressor. I will be contacting the supplier to fix the problem. My recommendation is stay away from this brand. Just to complete my review, the evaporator coil has damage and is scratched. When I called the supplier they told me, if the unit is not presently leaking, it is not a problem. How about the quality control of this unit? They sell junk HVAC units? If somebody has the same bad experience please let me know, because I will continue with my claim and report to the authorities about this brand.
Date created: 2016-08-08 Name: Donna Aubrey
Location: Valparaiso, IN

"Check warranty before buying"
5 year old unit. Had a stress crack in an elbow. It caused all the refrigerant to leak. It was fixed under warranty but I was responsible for new refrigerant at $430. I will never buy another Armstrong product. Customer service was no help.