Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Read more about Armstrong Air central air conditioners

Date created: 2019-07-10 Name: A. Byrnes
Location: Wisconsin

"Terrible"
This Armstrong unit is absolutely junk. Since the first year of being installed, the first summer, it would never hold anywhere close to the desired temperature. Set at 69, the thermostat reads 80. I have a small 800 sq. Ft house and this crappy unit won't even cool it down. It never worked right from the get-go. This is the second summer and again, it's 85 outside and the temp in my house is 80. Set at 69. Stay away from Armstrong Air.

Date created: 2019-07-05 Name: Pat Marcogliese
Location: Montreal, Quebec

"Terrible"
Stay away for this product. It's the second time I needed service for the ac unit since purchased in 2013 and not covered under warranty. So much for a 10-year guarantee!
Date created: 2019-02-11 Name: Darin Arnold
Location: Missouri

"If it is installed wrong it doesn't matter what brand it is"
We have installed Trane, Lennox, Goodman, Rheem, Heil, American Standard, Gibson, Intertherm, Kelvinator, York, Payne, Carrier and serviced all (including Singer, Williamson, Chrysler Air Temp, afco Comfortmaker and all other brands.) We can tell you this, we have been installing over 200+ Armstrong Air units ranging from 13 seer to 20 seer with little or no problems. We are now self warrantying them from years 10-15, we would not do this if they were a problem. Trust me, we do not make money on warranty claims, we actually lose our rear ends. We have replaced 1 & 2 year old trane, carrier and lennox units. If the system is not installed right it will not last period! The biggest problems are short cuts and lack of airflow, not to mention failure to clean coils and change filters.
Date created: 2018-11-18 Name: Brian Eckhardt
Location: NJ

"Quality"
I am a licensed HVAC contractor from North Jersey, we service every manufacturer on the market. We have been an Armstrong dealer for years with no issues. The majority of issues we find with any piece of equipment is always due to an installation error. Advise to the homeowner is be more concerned with the contractor and less concerned with the equipment.
Date created: 2018-10-28 Name: S. Sleadd
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Very unhappy customer"
Unit came with house when built in 2014. Have had a technician come out every year to fix it. Even had to move the mother board to a higher location so it would not short out. Now it's 2018 and have had them come out to fix the unit 6 times just this year.
Date created: 2018-10-15 Name: B. Browder
Location: Amarillo, TX

"14 Years and still great."
Finally had to add 8oz of Freon to it this year, but I think it's going through the coil. I am looking for another one that is a little larger to cool things down quicker here in the heat in Amarillo, TX. I have got my 10-year warranty and was in here looking to see what they offer now when I saw these reviews.
Date created: 2018-08-01 Name: Patrick Lamb
Location: Frisco, TX

"Bad off brand A/C"
This is a very poor quality a/c company. Our unit only lasted 5 years and thatís the longest it will last you. Our hvac expert said bad design and materials and they only last a few years.
Date created: 2018-07-23 Name: D. Rich
Location: Burleson, Tx.

"Piece of Junk"
We had two units that came with our new build in 2014. Both coils up in the attic rusted out, leaking Freon. Repair tech said it is faulty metals. Armstrong uses a metal blend instead of straight aluminium. This caused it to rust. Had both coils replaced. $6,600.00. They then filled the Armstrong compressor about halfway with Freon for it to build up. The house wasn't cooling at all. The tech came out and refilled the compressor with Freon. It couldn't handle the pressure and and just spewed Freon everywhere. Of course, now I know why Armstrong only has a two year warranty. Now I have to replace the condensing unit. Another $4,000. I noticed a lot of reviews on here are the same problem I had. Of course, this happened the week of record heat. 113F yesterday and 107F today.
Date created: 2018-06-29 Name: Robert Stephen Browning Browning
Location: Tucson, AZ

"7 Weeks Old and Compressor Failure"
I had this package unit (AC/Heat) installed seven and a half weeks ago. Starting blowing hot air today. The installer was called and arrived within the hour, which I appreciate. Tech said compressor has overheated and he didn't know why. Whatever the reason, a new unit should not have this happen in late June in Arizona and it's inexcusable. He's been here 30 minutes now, hosed down the compressor but has no details. We'll see what he says, but I'm not feeling good about this Armstrong product right now.
Date created: 2018-05-24 Name: Dawn
Location: Montclair , NJ

"4 TON VERY DISSATISFIED"
Does not cool my house. Got it 1 month ago, its a piece of junk.