Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about ARCOAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: SAH
Location: PA

"Buyer"
Arco units are the worst on the market. Do not buy these units!! Every year it breaks down and it seems it's always the hottest days. run away!!

Date created: 2008-04-10 Name: Anthony G
Location: New York

Installed an Arcoaire system and replaced the evaporator coil every year for 4 years. Finally replaced the last evaporator with another after market coil and have no problem. These garbage coils are made in Mexico and are junk. I will never buy another Arco product again. their service after the second year sucked do not buy Arcoaire or you will be sorry!!!

Date created: 2008-01-27 Name: Jeff Boschert
Location: Saint Louis, MO

I own an ArcoAire 4 Ton AC unit (Seer 14- Model HAC448AKA5) which was installed in June of 2003. When the unit was first installed the compressor didnít always start and a Ďhard start kití had to be put on during the first week of operation. This didnít make sense to me as this was a brand new unit, why did it require some special kit to make it work. Ever since it was new, when the unit starts it is very noisy but then quiets down; my installer said it should have came with a Ďsound blanket.í In August of 2005 the condenser fan motor locked up and had to be replaced; this part was under the ArcoAire warranty but didnít include the installation labor. In September of 2007 the unit quit running and I noticed oil all over the concrete pad. According to my serviceman the factory weld joint of the capillary tube at the low pressure side had a leak (inside the unit) which required no parts but quite a bit of labor which I didnít feel should be on me. I spent $295.00 in labor for the fan motor which went out during its third season as well a recent $1123.00 to have a factory weld defect repaired. I would never again purchase a product made by International Comfort Products as they wouldn't stand behind their ArcoAire product. My serviceman told me he is not installing ArcoAire units anymore due to other similar problems with the manufacturer.

Date created: 2006-07-29

Last week a technician installed a new Acroaire central air condition unit in my house and he gave me 10 years warranty (both unit and labor). When I asked for the papers, he said no papers are available but everything is written in the work order. The unit is working good but I like to know the policy of the company. Details of the unit: Model No. NACO36AKC3 S. No. EO42958747 Installation Date: 7/16/2006 Truly, Gladson Stephen Phone: 586 754 4116 Email: [email protected]